RedBlue America: What's most important in new immigration proposal?

Apr 20, 2013 Full story: Whittier Daily News 43

A bipartisan group of eight U.S. senators has crafted a long-sought-after immigration bill, one that strengthens border security while offering a new pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Apr 21, 2013
this has not been long sought after by those who count,"the US citizens".

those pushing this nonsense wants things harder on citizens and their kids.

go ask at the unemployment office if those folks trying to get a job have kids,then ask those kids if they think they should do without do to gov wanting to give away what few jobs there is to illegal aliens.

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

#2 Apr 21, 2013
What you wrote seems quite a non sense to me. We have 11 million undocumented people here and something has to be done about it. The worst thing that can happen is to do nothing.

Location hidden

#3 Apr 21, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
What you wrote seems quite a non sense to me. We have 11 million undocumented people here and something has to be done about it. The worst thing that can happen is to do nothing.
rewarding them is a failure that we have already seen. making like so harsh they leave is the way to go. can't get a job place to stay can't turn on water gas or electric no social services, they will start leaving on their own. who cares if it hurts their feelings.

the worst thing that could happen is helping them. best thing is force them to leave on their own and never let them come back.they already proven to be criminals and criminals are not to be let in.

Level 4

Bloomfield, NJ

#4 Apr 21, 2013
I'm afraid that it doable only in a fantasy world. They already have a hard life for many years and yet they are not leaving.
brr

New York, NY

#5 Apr 21, 2013
Who say they are criminals?if they overstayed visa that does not mean they are criminals!!!

Level 4

Bloomfield, NJ

#6 Apr 21, 2013
The haters call them criminals. In reality it's just a civil offense.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#7 Apr 21, 2013
After listening to Sunday talk shows and Rubio on the radio, the tragedy in Boston, has caused pause for the GOP.Mike Lee of Utah and lot's of Repub's are re thinking the time frame of this bill. They're not willing to rush it in. 844 pages that have not been publically argued. The specific's are curious. They want to legalize them them secure the border, and Rubio says no one can be given citizenship in full until the border is secured and e-verify in place... I don't believe the public get's a vote do we? Eight people don't deserve to set an agenda for millions of other's. Stranger and stranger.It all looks lie BS to me.
whatever but

Citrus Heights, CA

#8 Apr 21, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
The haters call them criminals. In reality it's just a civil offense.
!!!THANK YOU

Level 4

Bloomfield, NJ

#9 Apr 21, 2013
ronnie wrote:
After listening to Sunday talk shows and Rubio on the radio, the tragedy in Boston, has caused pause for the GOP.Mike Lee of Utah and lot's of Repub's are re thinking the time frame of this bill. They're not willing to rush it in. 844 pages that have not been publically argued. The specific's are curious. They want to legalize them them secure the border, and Rubio says no one can be given citizenship in full until the border is secured and e-verify in place... I don't believe the public get's a vote do we? Eight people don't deserve to set an agenda for millions of other's. Stranger and stranger.It all looks lie BS to me.
In case you didn't know those 8 people are among 100 senators who in fact represent all Americans.

Location hidden

#11 Apr 22, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you didn't know those 8 people are among 100 senators who in fact represent all Americans.
those 8 do not rep citizens they have been paid off to rep illegal aliens. there is even nice bill boards giving showing these folks are against the American citizen as all who support illegal aliens getting shamnesty are.

the best thing that could happen is this sham slap them in the face and cause the loss of their office. all know illegal aliens are criminals who cause problems and cost citizens.

Level 4

Bloomfield, NJ

#12 Apr 22, 2013
Being racist and disrespectful is your only argument ?
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#13 Apr 22, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Five dead in auto crash yesterday when 20 illegals were being chased by border patrol. What more is there to say.... The only nutty folks are illegal aliens who are being smuggled in in the car loads looking for amnesty, fake document's all in order.... ha ha And I'm nut's? Just a car load of clowns looking for a life right?

Level 4

Bloomfield, NJ

#14 Apr 22, 2013
Try to look at the big picture. Criminals and bad people are in each country so what you're saying does not prove a point.

Location hidden

#15 Apr 22, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
Being racist and disrespectful is your only argument ?
another la ratza plant
Thunder

Arlington, MA

#16 Apr 22, 2013
Apparently 'Ambro2000' either doesn't speak english or doesn't have a very extensive vocabulary. People who 'over stay' their visa are breaking a 'federal law'...thus they have committed a 'crime'. Someone who commits a 'crime' is called a 'criminal'.
By the way Ambro you can get a 'free dictionary' online.
HoneyBooBoo

Upper Darby, PA

#17 Apr 22, 2013
"Illegal presence" as the offense is called, is not a violation of the U.S. criminal code. A person cannot be sent to prison for being here without authorization from immigration authorities. It is, a violation of civil immigration laws.

US Supreme court ruled States (Arizona SB1070) cannot criminalize undocumented immigrants.
HoneyBooBoo

Upper Darby, PA

#18 Apr 22, 2013
May 2009: U.S. Supreme Court unanimously ruled that federal identity-theft law can not be applied against undocumented workers who used false Social Security numbers to work in the U.S

The Supreme Court brought some common sense acknowledging that there is a real difference between identity theft with the intent of robbing someone of money and property, and using false papers simply to work.

The ruling put a damper on the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency’s (ICE) common and controversial strategy of criminalizing workers as a threat to get undocumented workers to agree to immediate deportation or boost Imprisonment sentences.

Level 4

Bloomfield, NJ

#19 Apr 22, 2013
Thunder wrote:
Apparently 'Ambro2000' either doesn't speak english or doesn't have a very extensive vocabulary. People who 'over stay' their visa are breaking a 'federal law'...thus they have committed a 'crime'. Someone who commits a 'crime' is called a 'criminal'.
By the way Ambro you can get a 'free dictionary' online.
It is true that I don't have a very broad vocabulary in English and that's because, unlike other people, I speak more than one language. So thank you very much for the free dictionary link you provided. I really don't know what I would have done without your help.

Now while I try to improve my English please try to learn US Laws better. It would definitely help you not become a clown from time to time.
HoneyBooBoo

Upper Darby, PA

#20 Apr 22, 2013
June 2012: The Supreme Court's ruling yesterday on Arizona's controversial Senate Bill (SB) 1070 law is that states CANNOT MAKE CRIMINALS out of those in their jurisdiction who work or seek employment while unlawfully in the United States.
Thunder

Arlington, MA

#21 Apr 22, 2013
HoneyBooBoo...I think you should maybe 're examine' your statement of 'facts'.

Illegal aliens who use stolen or fake documents are committing document fraud,(using SSNs that do not belong to them, and filing false I-9 forms). When filing or signing false documents illegals are committing perjury (a crime) and may be arrested and prosecuted for felony document fraud and perjury and in, certain states AND may be prosecuted for felony identity theft or felony identity fraud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 36 min Earl 556
Immigrants closer to driver's licenses in Arizona 53 min RustyS 1
Obama immigration plan changes little for undoc... 2 hr sandy1 4
Nancy Pelosi 'Enormously Disappointed' With Whi... 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 104
Three dead, four hurt in Sydney siege 3 hr tha Professor 47
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr quetzalcoatl 137,079
Graham thinking about presidential bid 4 hr tha Professor 9
More from around the web