The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391104 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Bonnie

Boise, ID

#238211 Jan 30, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
I can't spell bass and you think it's funny? Really?.. LOL.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#238212 Jan 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
The imperial president:
Across the country, we're partnering with mayors, governors, and state legislatures on issues from homelessness to marriage equality.
B. Obama
January 28 2014
Who writes that bs stuff n for Barry? Fred Sanford?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#238213 Jan 30, 2014
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you find yourself agreeing with someone like that it's time to check everything twice just to make sure you're not missing something. lol
ahhh...he's just sore 'cuz his ideology doesn't match the real world facts...

“you know i know”

denver

#238214 Jan 30, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'd much prefer to delight by blowing snot in your face. Just stay on the floor face up with your pants down, and I'll see if I can get within striking distance wearing spiked high heels and wielding a tire chain.(I hope that didn't adversely affect you.)
Wow, you didn't work in that massage parlor Rosie is reported to have worked in as a Dominatrix, did you?

St. Croix valley

#238215 Jan 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
What financial burden? The bottom half pay no federal or state income taxes, so where's the burden?
WHO PAYS THE INCOME TAXES IN AMERICA? The list of Democrats complaining the ... We are going to take back America in 2012.~~~~~~~~~ Exclusive ...
allow me to share some enlightening data on who pays what income tax in the United States. We have a progressive (or regressive if you choose to look it the tax code correctly) in 2009, the latest available figures on income tax collection:
• The top 1%(1.4 million) paid 40.42% on income of $2.8 trillion.
• The top 2.5%( 5.65 million) paid 20.2%
• The top 5%( 7 million) paid 60%
• The top 10% paid 71.2% of all income taxes on income of $4.227 trillion.
Collected taxes :$794 billion
The bottom 50% of American taxpayers paid only 7.89 % of all Federal taxes collected !!
Darn those slackers for not paying their fair share!!!!

the funny thing about the fair share claim of the liberals is that if we took the cost of running our nation and divided it by the adults...very few of us could pay our fair share...i certainly know i couldn't...i thank the people wealthier than me everyday for their efforts at making our nation possible...

sadly, others scorn them out of jealousy...

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#238216 Jan 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
What financial burden? The bottom half pay no federal or state income taxes, so where's the burden?
WHO PAYS THE INCOME TAXES IN AMERICA? The list of Democrats complaining the ... We are going to take back America in 2012.~~~~~~~~~ Exclusive ...
allow me to share some enlightening data on who pays what income tax in the United States. We have a progressive (or regressive if you choose to look it the tax code correctly) in 2009, the latest available figures on income tax collection:
• The top 1%(1.4 million) paid 40.42% on income of $2.8 trillion.
• The top 2.5%( 5.65 million) paid 20.2%
• The top 5%( 7 million) paid 60%
• The top 10% paid 71.2% of all income taxes on income of $4.227 trillion.
Collected taxes :$794 billion
The bottom 50% of American taxpayers paid only 7.89 % of all Federal taxes collected !!
Another Way of Looking at Who Pays No Federal Income Tax

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/...

A separate TPC analysis categorized people who do not owe federal income tax in 2011 in a different way.* It found that of the filers who don’t owe federal income tax for 2011:

50 percent are in this category because their incomes are so low that they are less than the sum of the standard deduction and personal and dependent exemptions for which the household qualifies. As TPC Senior Fellow Roberton Williams has noted,“the basic structure of the income tax simply exempts subsistence levels of income from tax.”** Some 62 percent of the households who will owe no federal income tax in 2011 have incomes under $20,000.

Another 22 percent do not owe federal income tax because they are elderly people who benefit from tax provisions to aid senior citizens, such as the exemption of Social Security benefits from income tax for beneficiaries who have incomes below $25,000 for single filers and $32,000 for joint filers and the higher standard deduction for the elderly.

Another 15 percent (of the households who don’t owe federal income tax) don’t owe the tax because they are low-income working families with children who qualify for the child tax credit, the child and dependent care tax credit, and/or the earned income tax credit, and the credit(s) eliminate their income tax liability.***

Retirement Tax Incentives Are Ripe for Reform
Current Incentives Are Expensive, Inefficient, and INEQUITABLE

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...

By Chuck Marr, Nathaniel Frentz, and Chye-Ching Huang

December 13, 2013

Costing well over $100 billion a year, tax incentives for retirement plans such as pensions, 401(k)s, and individual retirement accounts (IRAs) are one of the largest federal tax expenditures. Yet they appear to do little, relative to their high cost, to accomplish their goal of encouraging new saving.

The main reason is that the bulk of their benefits go to higher-income households; in 2013, some 66 percent of the benefits of the retirement tax incentives went to the 20 percent of taxpayers with the highest incomes. These higher-income taxpayers are likely to save substantial amounts anyway for retirement and other purposes, and they are likely to respond to retirement tax incentives primarily by shifting existing assets into tax-preferred accounts rather than by undertaking additional saving.[1] Meanwhile, the bottom 20 percent of households receive just 2 percent of the benefits of retirement tax incentives, even though low-income people are the least likely to have savings and the most likely to need tax incentives to save for retirement (see Figure 1). To ensure sufficient savings during retirement, therefore, current tax incentives are poorly targeted and inefficient.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#238217 Jan 30, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, No No No .. Denver Bronco`s all the way.
Unless Bonnie sys other wise. Ha Ha ha!
LOL. I'm torn.. I have friends in Denver, that think Broncos are all that.. LOL.. They're to %$##@#$ obnoxious about it.. Id like to see 'em shut up.. Other wise I'd like the Broncos to win...

“you know i know”

denver

#238218 Jan 30, 2014
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of lip service.
Lame as usual, your completely unfunny comebacks proves your low intelligence. Stick to lies, comedy is not your strong suit, not that you even have a strong suit, other than lying.
Carlos Danger

Huntington Beach, CA

#238219 Jan 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your understanding of economics and tax rates is sorely lacking. You also apparently don't know that dems and repubs both have formulated and passed into law our tax rates.
If you're bloviating about capital gains taxes, for instance, taxes have already been paid on the money before it ever was invested. In addition, there is no guarantee any investment will realize a profit, and in the event money is lost in an investment, the tax write off is limited to some pitiful amount like $1000 dollars.
You and all Americans are allowed to make these same investments in the hope of making more money, go for it.
Well done. NUTTER1 won't be able to comprehend.Tammy Fay Mary Kay has no cares about tax rates as she/it won't owe while sponging a living on welfare

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#238220 Jan 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Insulting someone's parents? That's pretty low, isn't it?
No. Anybody who raises a KKKoward into adulthood and whose father threatens to beat "sis" for conversing with blacks (whatever name was used) is a pee poor parent who is subject to criticism. The mother and wife who allows this or remains silent, or who doesn't endeavor to enlighten her children to the fact she's married to a racist is either an enabler herself, or a KKKoward herself, or else she's a dumb as a box of rocks.

I hope that clears that up. Insult deserved. Do you need some more insults yourself? I'd be glad to help if it will make you feel better. It would be a d*mned pity for you to feel as though you aren't getting enough attention tonight.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#238222 Jan 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame as usual, your completely unfunny comebacks proves your low intelligence. Stick to lies, comedy is not your strong suit, not that you even have a strong suit, other than lying.
LOL

Unfunny? You must be thinking of sage won, or was it...'lip service'?

{channeling dont snow me} "I did not post as Sage Won"

There's your "lying" for you. ;)

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#238224 Jan 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your understanding of economics and tax rates is sorely lacking. You also apparently don't know that dems and repubs both have formulated and passed into law our tax rates.
If you're bloviating about capital gains taxes, for instance, taxes have already been paid on the money before it ever was invested. In addition, there is no guarantee any investment will realize a profit, and in the event money is lost in an investment, the tax write off is limited to some pitiful amount like $1000 dollars.
You and all Americans are allowed to make these same investments in the hope of making more money, go for it.
http://www.accounting-degree.org/accounting-t...

10 Accounting Tricks the 1% Use to Dodge the Taxman

by Editor

7. Avoiding Capital Gains Tax

Capital gains tax automatically kicks in from the sale of certain valuable properties, such as shares, and acts as a deterrent on investors cashing them in. Obviously, though, a number of rich people are interested in avoiding this and have found legal loopholes to allow them to do so.

One cunning way of dodging capital gains tax is by borrowing from an investment bank with the shares as collateral after purchasing options, which set their price at a fixed rate.

This sneaky option allows the borrower to avoid triggering the capital gains tax that would come with actually having the money at hand, while giving them the free cash – and allowing them to repay the loan – either from the profits of using the money or by handing over the shares themselves. Talk about making your money work for you.(more at link)

Level 8

Location hidden

#238225 Jan 30, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ahhh...he's just sore 'cuz his ideology doesn't match the real world facts...
Uhhh... I wouldn't go that far. I don't even know what you two were arguing about. I just know for a fact that agreeing with "Aphelion" is a strong indicator that something might be off.
Carlos Danger

Huntington Beach, CA

#238227 Jan 30, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>No. Anybody who raises a KKKoward into adulthood and whose father threatens to beat "sis" for conversing with blacks (whatever name was used) is a pee poor parent who is subject to criticism. The mother and wife who allows this or remains silent, or who doesn't endeavor to enlighten her children to the fact she's married to a racist is either an enabler herself, or a KKKoward herself, or else she's a dumb as a box of rocks.
I hope that clears that up. Insult deserved. Do you need some more insults yourself? I'd be glad to help if it will make you feel better. It would be a d*mned pity for you to feel as though you aren't getting enough attention tonight.
I can only hope that if you had children, you adopted them so you didn't spread your horrible genes amongst the planet any further. Your family tree is defiantly a Stump. You Ignorant Slut.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#238228 Jan 30, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>No. Anybody who raises a KKKoward into adulthood and whose father threatens to beat "sis" for conversing with blacks (whatever name was used) is a pee poor parent who is subject to criticism. The mother and wife who allows this or remains silent, or who doesn't endeavor to enlighten her children to the fact she's married to a racist is either an enabler herself, or a KKKoward herself, or else she's a dumb as a box of rocks.
She didn't just say her father threatened to beat her sister. She said she stood and watched while her father beat her sister for talking to a black child.

If what she said is true, can you imagine how that would warp a kid and taint their view of the world.

I'm not attacking her, she made a big deal out of telling us all that story and it just kind of explained how she got the way she is.

A self proclaimed white supremacist whose father used to beat his children if they so much as spoke to a child of another race.

It doesn't excuse her behavior, she's an adult now and she's responsible for the things she says, but the whole thing just always seemed sad.

Level 8

Location hidden

#238229 Jan 30, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, No No No .. Denver Bronco`s all the way.
Unless Bonnie sys other wise. Ha Ha ha!
Denver sucks.
Carlos Danger

Huntington Beach, CA

#238231 Jan 30, 2014
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Unfunny? You must be thinking of sage won, or was it...'lip service'?
{channeling dont snow me} "I did not post as Sage Won"
There's your "lying" for you. ;)
You are not funny, you're a D/CK, Now go wack off to Ed Schultz and squirt one on his huge forehead.
Ex-Man

St. Croix valley

#238232 Jan 30, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Way of Looking at Who Pays No Federal Income Tax
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/...
A separate TPC analysis categorized people who do not owe federal income tax in 2011 in a different way.* It found that of the filers who don’t owe federal income tax for 2011:
50 percent are in this category because their incomes are so low that they are less than the sum of the standard deduction and personal and dependent exemptions for which the household qualifies. As TPC Senior Fellow Roberton Williams has noted,“the basic structure of the income tax simply exempts subsistence levels of income from tax.”** Some 62 percent of the households who will owe no federal income tax in 2011 have incomes under $20,000.
Another 22 percent do not owe federal income tax because they are elderly people who benefit from tax provisions to aid senior citizens, such as the exemption of Social Security benefits from income tax for beneficiaries who have incomes below $25,000 for single filers and $32,000 for joint filers and the higher standard deduction for the elderly.
Another 15 percent (of the households who don’t owe federal income tax) don’t owe the tax because they are low-income working families with children who qualify for the child tax credit, the child and dependent care tax credit, and/or the earned income tax credit, and the credit(s) eliminate their income tax liability.***
Retirement Tax Incentives Are Ripe for Reform
Current Incentives Are Expensive, Inefficient, and INEQUITABLE
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...
By Chuck Marr, Nathaniel Frentz, and Chye-Ching Huang
December 13, 2013
Costing well over $100 billion a year, tax incentives for retirement plans such as pensions, 401(k)s, and individual retirement accounts (IRAs) are one of the largest federal tax expenditures. Yet they appear to do little, relative to their high cost, to accomplish their goal of encouraging new saving.
The main reason is that the bulk of their benefits go to higher-income households; in 2013, some 66 percent of the benefits of the retirement tax incentives went to the 20 percent of taxpayers with the highest incomes. These higher-income taxpayers are likely to save substantial amounts anyway for retirement and other purposes, and they are likely to respond to retirement tax incentives primarily by shifting existing assets into tax-preferred accounts rather than by undertaking additional saving.[1] Meanwhile, the bottom 20 percent of households receive just 2 percent of the benefits of retirement tax incentives, even though low-income people are the least likely to have savings and the most likely to need tax incentives to save for retirement (see Figure 1). To ensure sufficient savings during retirement, therefore, current tax incentives are poorly targeted and inefficient.
and what is it you think this means? it clearly points out even more that the wealthy in this nation are paying the way for most of us...

and i didn't even get a thank you card from you back in my high earning days...

St. Croix valley

#238234 Jan 30, 2014
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhh... I wouldn't go that far. I don't even know what you two were arguing about. I just know for a fact that agreeing with "Aphelion" is a strong indicator that something might be off.
just what i pointed out to is what was wrong...

this often happens when people prefer to stick to political ideology that conflicts with the real world facts...

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#238235 Jan 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard?
The top 1% have increased their wealth more under Hussein than under any other president.
Did you ever once pay more in taxes than you had to?
Actually, the percentage of income going to the top 1% has doubled in the last two decades, so this is the result of policies that started long before President Obama ever came along.

The system is broken and we either do something to restore the balance, or we wait until the whole thing falls apart and start over just like we've had to do before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 11 min nailmopork 10,357
News Illegal Immigration Figures in Montana (Sep '15) 57 min Montucky Bangers 17
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr Crazy Beautiful 141,906
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 5,331
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 3 hr Mikey 7,025
News George W. Bush: The President Who Must Not Be N... (Aug '12) 4 hr Heath Ledger Suic... 18
News Critics: Trump speech signals shift to coded ra... 4 hr Tell 21
More from around the web