The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 380901 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#229736 Jan 5, 2014
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats my point?? It was you bring 4 year old post here.. Who cares that was along time ago.. Don't you have a life other than topix??
Eagle
I didn't bring the subject up, Eagle and I don't know why you're getting all pissy with me over it. It's none of your business.

Both Quirky and ftp were accusing Rico or spoofing Militia. I brought those posts forward to prove they were lying, and what's it to YOU?

And yes, I have a life other than Topix. Do you have an attitude other than an azzhole and control freak?

You don't like what I post, then ignore it and scroll on by. I don't interfere with what you post, so FO.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#229737 Jan 5, 2014
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats my point?? It was you bring 4 year old post here.. Who cares that was along time ago.. Don't you have a life other than topix??
Eagle
Sorry. You're wrong again - as you continue to be these days. When "Steve" (Taletha, Gloria, Monica, The Chandler Poster, Tempe, etc..) starts with the moralizing, it's time to call her/him/it on the boolsheet by reminding him/her/it that he/she ripped of Militia, and I don't care if it was four years ago. Who is he/she/it to criticize ANYBODY after pulling such a nasty scam on a disabled man, and especially take money from him that would affect his wife who was innocent of this crappola and working to support and contribute to her family?

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#229738 Jan 5, 2014
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree.. Like the states legalizing pot when its a federal law against it.. Where in the constitution it says drugs/alcohol is illegal?? Shouldn't I have equal rights to smoke or drink in public??
Eagle
Apples and oranges.

When it comes to marriage equality, we're not talking about federal law, we're talking about constitutional rights.

The law in Colorado legalizing marijuana for recreational use has not been found to be in conflict with any provision of the constitution and the federal government has decided not to challenge it.

Bans on marriage equality have been found to violate the equal protections clause of the constitution.

You don't have a constitutional right to smoke pot. At least no one has found one yet.

If Colorado had said that everyone could smoke pot except Native Americans, or Blacks or any other group you can think of, there would be a conflict with equal protections, but they didn't do that so there isn't.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#229739 Jan 5, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullch!t!
Whats BS?? Everyone knew me and Militia was friends back then..

Eagle
Carlos Danger

Los Angeles, CA

#229740 Jan 5, 2014
Barney Fwank wrote:
<quoted text>
You gonna celebrate that 49er victory with your boyfriend Rose at the local bathhouse? Rose has bigger nuts that you
They will do the double felch with crazy straws

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#229741 Jan 5, 2014
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I just ask NTR how do you feel about a judge going against the voters wishes?? If you agree then don't complain about the pubs in the house doing what their voters wished as well..
Eagle
judges just interpret the constitution. as this one did.

if people vote in unconstitutional laws, that is the job of the judiciary to correct that abrogation of people's rights.as what done here...

Level 6

Location hidden

#229742 Jan 5, 2014
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
DOMA has and had nothing to do with my post.. The voters of several states decided and a judge ruled against the voters.. So your pissant obama don't get his way since his voters voted for him.. The voters that count (House) stopped his ass in his tracks.. If you want his agenda to progress then you will honor the voters in their states against SSM.. You just can't have it both ways..
Eagle
DOMA has what?

Most of DOMA has been declared unconstitutional and the last remnant of that law is hanging by a thread just waiting for the right case to make it to court to take it down too.

As far as the rest of your post, are you seriously suggesting that the repubs are holding the government hostage hoping for some kind of surrender on marriage equality?

Good luck with that.

“no one told me”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#229744 Jan 5, 2014
Barney Fwank wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, appointing a tax cheat to run the treasury, watch these dolts spin this one off
It's been speculated Geithner was put there by rich jewish bankers to "guide" Oblamer the "right" way economically. Like $85 billion a month to WS.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Ocala, FL

#229745 Jan 5, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry. You're wrong again - as you continue to be these days. When "Steve" (Taletha, Gloria, Monica, The Chandler Poster, Tempe, etc..) starts with the moralizing, it's time to call her/him/it on the boolsheet by reminding him/her/it that he/she ripped of Militia, and I don't care if it was four years ago. Who is he/she/it to criticize ANYBODY after pulling such a nasty scam on a disabled man, and especially take money from him that would affect his wife who was innocent of this crappola and working to support and contribute to her family?
Militia never sent that poster any money to begin with.. I ask in private.. Hell he never knew her real name and was asking me for her info from mulitply.. So you can quit spreading that rumor..

Eagle
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#229746 Jan 5, 2014
Barney Fwank wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you love being the Engine, caboose or the freight car?
Toot toot
You Sir, are a GREAT American........

“no one told me”

Level 1

Denver

#229747 Jan 5, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with that, but I have noticed something about the far right.
When some nut job sheriff in the middle of nowhere USA declares that he isn't going to enforce a law that he doesn't like (gun laws as an example) you right wingers think it's great.
POS tells us he cheats on his taxes and you call him a a patriot.
DP and his drugs, GR and his illegal pharmaceuticals from Mexico...
I could go on, but when you have made it clear that you only respect the laws you like isn't it a little hypocritical to complain because you think Obama is doing the same thing?
I've done no such thing.

I've noticed something is eating away at your brain, possibly an STD contracted on one of your yearly visits to Fire Island.

Douchebag, racist POS Holder said he would investigate no black hate crimes.

Wheres the liberal outrage?

Racist Black Soldier Stabs Kills white U.S. Army soldier in senseless ...
&#9658; 1:59&#9658; 1:59
www.youtube.com/watch... ;
Oct 8, 2013 - Uploaded by WorldzStarHipHopNews
Racist Black Soldier Stabs Kills white U.S. Army soldier in senseless Hate Crime w/ CRACKER Slur Racism ...
Combat soldiers no match for black mob …- WorldNetDaily
www.wnd.com/2013/.../active-duty-vet-dead-aft... ;
Rating: 4.8 - &#8206;275 votes
Oct 6, 2013 - WND considers it racist not to report racial abuse solely because of the ... It is also the second killing from black mob violence of a member of ...
More by Colin Flaherty
Tevin Geike: White soldier killed by black comrades stabbed in the ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Tevin-Geike-White-sol... ;
Oct 9, 2013 - The white soldier who was killed by three black comrades on Saturday ...'something like white and cracker'- racist term for a white person.

Didn't even hear about it, did you?

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Ocala, FL

#229748 Jan 5, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Apples and oranges.
When it comes to marriage equality, we're not talking about federal law, we're talking about constitutional rights.
The law in Colorado legalizing marijuana for recreational use has not been found to be in conflict with any provision of the constitution and the federal government has decided not to challenge it.
Bans on marriage equality have been found to violate the equal protections clause of the constitution.
You don't have a constitutional right to smoke pot. At least no one has found one yet.
If Colorado had said that everyone could smoke pot except Native Americans, or Blacks or any other group you can think of, there would be a conflict with equal protections, but they didn't do that so there isn't.
Hmmm.. Is marriage even listed in the constitution??

Eagle
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#229749 Jan 5, 2014
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree.. Like the states legalizing pot when its a federal law against it.. Where in the constitution it says drugs/alcohol is illegal?? Shouldn't I have equal rights to smoke or drink in public??
Eagle
You Sir, are ALSO a great American......
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#229750 Jan 5, 2014
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.........GFY!
YOU are an incestual bovine chunk of flatulent road pizza.......

“no one told me”

Level 1

Denver

#229751 Jan 5, 2014
This is what white libs, especially gays, need to worry about, being murdered by black racist thugs.

Instead they worry I have a 2 car garage and everyone else doesn't.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#229752 Jan 5, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>There's nothing hypocritical about believing in representative democracy with majority rule and MINORITY PROTECTIONS to prevent the majority from running roughshod over the minority, the main reasonI revere The Constitution.
Neither is there anything hypocritical about supporting equal rights and equal access and believing in equal opportunity - long a hallmark of life in America.
You seem to have confused Obama with SCOTUS. I don't know how you do that, but you do:
Supreme Court DOMA Decision Rules Federal Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
06/26/2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/26/supr...
WASHINGTON -- The Defense of Marriage Act, the law barring the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages legalized by the states, is unconstitutional, the Supreme Court ruled Wednesday by a 5-4 vote.
"The federal statute is invalid, for no legitimate purpose overcomes the purpose and effect to disparage and to injure those whom the State, by its marriage laws, sought to protect in personhood and dignity,” Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion. "By seeking to displace this protection and treating those persons as living in marriages less respected than others, the federal statute is in violation of the Fifth Amendment."
Justice Kennedy delivered the court’s opinion, and was joined by Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan. Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Antonin Scalia and Samuel Alito all filed dissenting opinions. Justice Clarence Thomas joined Scalia's dissent in whole and parts of Alito's opinion.
As Kennedy read the majority opinion from the bench, cries were heard in the courtroom when the justice delivered the verdict that DOMA violates the Fifth Amendment. A number of same-sex couples sitting in the audience looked up at the ceiling, while others wiped away tears........
Shortly after DOMA was struck down, President Barack Obama released a statement celebrating the decision. "This was discrimination enshrined in law. It treated loving, committed gay and lesbian couples as a separate and lesser class of people. The Supreme Court has righted that wrong, and our country is better off for it," he said.
You are an inflamed boil on the negro ck of life........

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#229753 Jan 5, 2014
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
DOMA has and had nothing to do with my post.. The voters of several states decided and a judge ruled against the voters.. So your pissant obama don't get his way since his voters voted for him.. The voters that count (House) stopped his ass in his tracks.. If you want his agenda to progress then you will honor the voters in their states against SSM.. You just can't have it both ways..
Eagle
Are you drinking or toking? Here's what you posted:

QUOTE: EAGLE

" You don't like the house disagreeing with obama and his policies but how would you like one judge telling a state their voters mean nothing regarding gay marriage?? Those voters spoke at the polls does their votes not count in your eyes?? Majority rules in your eyes right.. Or are you just going to be a hypocrite??"

Eagle

I responded that your initial criticism of Obama telling states what to do had nothing to do with SCOTUS ruling as they did on DOMA and that you're confused - again.

Any judge can issue a bad ruling, and when that happens as for as a state is concerned, it is usually appealed to a higher court up through whatever Circuit Court of Appeals has jurisdiction and eventually winding it's way to The Supreme Court if a state decides to take it that far (they do from time to time). At any rate, that's the way our laws work.

What part of this have you decided to blame on Obama? I'm afraid I don't follow your "logic" if there is any there.

Level 6

Location hidden

#229754 Jan 5, 2014
Utah politician on hunger strike against marriage equality.

----------

Utah Politician Is Fasting To Stop Same-Sex Marriages

Although a Utah court has ruled that same-sex marriages can proceed in the state, one politician there is taking it upon himself to try to stop them.

Trestin Meacham, who once ran for a state senate seat as a member of Utah’s extremist Constitution Party, is now drawing attention to himself by saying he will not eat until Utah’s legislature willingly disobeys the federal government by reinstating its ban on same-sex marriages.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2014/01/05/3120...

----------

Anyone else see the irony of a man running on the "Constitution Party" ticket going on a hunger strike until his state willfully defies the Constitution of the United States of America?

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Ocala, FL

#229755 Jan 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>judges just interpret the constitution. as this one did.
if people vote in unconstitutional laws, that is the job of the judiciary to correct that abrogation of people's rights.as what done here...
You are slow I get that and you missed the point.. NTR continues over 1000 times now the voters decided on obama and don't like the fact the house stops him doing what their voters decided.. But yet she expects them to yield while supporting judges going against the majority of voters in the states..

Eagle
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#229756 Jan 5, 2014
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been speculated Geithner was put there by rich jewish bankers to "guide" Oblamer the "right" way economically. Like $85 billion a month to WS.
You are ALSO a great American. However, you should probably cease trying to convince leftist retards to see the light, and instead work towards extinguishing them.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of illegal immigrants convicted of ho... 7 min Memo From Turner 26
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 8 min Tinka 140,817
News Trump: Obama - Allowing' Illegal Immigration, -... 18 min tomin cali 42
CCv freah credit card online 1 hr Freah CC V CERDIT... 1
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr Truthfull 8,190
News Undocumented immigrants have prosperous careers 1 hr Truthfull 31
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 2 hr Lixy9440 5,429
More from around the web