The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409058 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#227245 Dec 28, 2013
LONG-TERM UNEMPLOYED FACE LIFE WITHOUT EMERGENCY BENEFITS

By Rebecca Kaplan
CBS News December 28, 2013

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/long-term-unemplo...

.....[EXCERPT:] A Hart Research poll commissioned by the nonpartisan National Employment Law Project shows that 55 percent of American voters believe the benefits should be extended, as opposed to just 34 percent who say they should be cut off. They also pointed to two traditionally Republican groups – seniors and white non-college-educated voters – who favor extending the benefits (seniors by a margin of 61 percent to 31 percent and white non-college-educated voters by a margin of 52 percent to 37 percent). Women also favor extending the benefits by a 20-point margin.

Thirty-nine percent of people surveyed say they would be less likely to support their member of Congress for re-election if the lawmaker opposed extending benefits; just 21 percent said they would be more likely to support them (35 percent said it would not affect their vote). Those numbers are particularly pronounced among women, seniors, Latinos and moderates.
Boo Boo tells truth

Switzerland

#227246 Dec 28, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill yourself.
well you might want to re-think, your tracks are very defined and fresh.
Boo Boo tells truth

Switzerland

#227247 Dec 28, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
No, you're not in Danville. Maybe you should go on back to where you were, troll, unless the other posters there have literally run you off your Fox forum. Nobody's stalking you. Why would they? It's agony to read one of your posts anyway. Your sources are so backwards and worthless, it's painfully obvious you're the slowest sheeple trying to jump a fence. You just keep tripping over your own hooves, old chap. <quoted text>
how sick are you? Very to the point of being dangerous but no fear, you are on the radar. Stalker!
Boo Boo tells truth

Switzerland

#227249 Dec 28, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
No, you're not in Danville. Maybe you should go on back to where you were, troll, unless the other posters there have literally run you off your Fox forum. Nobody's stalking you. Why would they? It's agony to read one of your posts anyway. Your sources are so backwards and worthless, it's painfully obvious you're the slowest sheeple trying to jump a fence. You just keep tripping over your own hooves, old chap. <quoted text>
what you are, is all right here. Sick, creepy, lying fraud who got busted. Stalker!
Boo Boo tells truth

Switzerland

#227251 Dec 28, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
tell everyone how jealous you are! You just did, slobber jockey!

Pssssttttttt you are drooling again. Stalker! You are walking a very thin line sicko!

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#227252 Dec 28, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Which translation of the bible are we using today sweet cheeks because they don't all say the same thing and most don't even come close to saying what the original texts did.
For example, the death penalty for gays that you love to point to in Leviticus is based on an obvious mistranslation.
If you go back and look at the original texts the translation should have been "cast out of society" not "put to death" and it wasn't referring to homosexuality in the first place.
Imagine that, men rewriting scripture to suit their own agenda. Weird huh?
It gets worse.
Did you know that not all translations include the word "abomination" in that passage?
There's a reason for that. Scholars believe the use of the word "abomination" in that passage was an intentional mistranslation included in the King James version and since the King James Bible has dominated protestant religion for so long most people never even question it's accuracy.
Leviticus was the book of the bible where the laws were established that would separate the Jewish people from everyone else and never applied to anyone that wasn't Jewish.
Even then, the Jews didn't interpret that passage the way many of you do today.
In all of the history of the Talmud there isn't so much as one instance of anyone being charged with a crime, or held accountable for sin based on homosexual activity.
As a matter of fact, to be found guilty under that passage, there had to be four male witnesses to the offense which means this was not something that happened in private between two individuals, but it was something that was done in public which brings us around to the fact that, like most of the passages you point to, they weren't talking about homosexuals, they were talking about people that used sex to worship a false god.
Moloch to be specific.
Bible study is fun when you get serious about it isn't it DP?
Anyway, that's just a quick off the top of my head response. I'll have more time to continue your education later.
Don't get all freaked out and start this "I didn't read it" crap because we both know you will and this isn't meant for you anyway.
Since you seem so determined to spread a false doctrine and claim that you are speaking for God, I've decided to discuss this in detail for anyone that is interested in the truth.
I'll be back in a little while.
BTW...did you notice there wasn't a shellfish anywhere in that reply?
;)
don't you find it amusing and pathetic that a bunch of English only speaking fundies would read an Christian interpretation of the Jewish Torah without any research into the Jewish culture, historical backdrop of the Bible when it was written or even get the original translation from ancient Hebrew to English. There are plenty of websites out there that give you the translation and context. However, if they were to do that, it wouldn't support their bias, and hatred

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Redwood City, CA

#227256 Dec 28, 2013
Boo Boo tells truth wrote:
<quoted text>oh but you did!
You said someone else said it so...I just did what you did!
That not okay now? You change the rules after you play? I see.
Post the link to the ORIGINAL post.

You appear to be a blithering idiot playing stupid, childish games.

If someone else said it, then I didn't say it, did I moron?

I didn't make any rules, and I didn't change any, TROLL.

Level 9

Redwood City, CA

#227258 Dec 28, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's about it.
It's a good bet they won't believe I've spent today away from topix either.
I just have a few minutes here. We've been busy all day and it's about time to eat and pick out a movie.
I'll be back later.
Hope you're having a good day.
It's truly embarrassing that some of these people are Americans.

A very quiet and relaxing day here. I'm putting a few Christmas things away, but we don't take the tree down until New Years Day.

See you around later, Jax.
fingiswold

Tifton, GA

#227259 Dec 28, 2013
Boo Boo tells truth wrote:
<quoted text> well you might want to re-think, your tracks are very defined and fresh.
I suppose Switzerland has its idiots, too.:)
fingiswold

Tifton, GA

#227260 Dec 28, 2013
American Lady wrote:
AND
l-i-v-i-n-g
IN
Danville, Kentucky
;~)
Wanna meet me at Speedway ...
on Main
Across from Danville Police Department ....
:D
I can be there 'shortly'
~-~
Crazy Lady making threats, now? Or looking to get picked up? LOL
fingiswold

Tifton, GA

#227261 Dec 28, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>Phil proved nothing. He didn't set out to prove anything and has no need to prove anything. He and his family will get even richer over his actions in this matter.
Maybe you should ask the gays how it feels to be used by him for his personal gains.
At least SOME of you can admit the whole thing was a fraud...:)
fingiswold

Tifton, GA

#227265 Dec 28, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text> This simply flies in the face of the facts.
A&E sent GLADD packin'. Zip, natta, nothing in their side of the score board. A total shut out.
As I say, you're an ignoramus. "Reality" TV and the duck-hunters fooled you. Not for the first time, either.

LOL!

Simpleton...:)
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#227268 Dec 28, 2013
I'm sure the Catholic Church can hardly wait until the ban is lifted on gay adult leaders.

http://www.ibtimes.com/boy-scouts-will-open-e...

Boy Scouts Will Open Enrollment To Gay Youths On Jan. 1, 2014, Ban On Gay Adult Leaders Remains

The Boy Scouts of America will accept gay youth enrollment beginning on Jan. 1, 2014. The organization voted to change its policy in May and while gay youths can become Boy Scouts, the group's ban on homosexual adult leaders remains.

New Year's Day marks the official start of BSA's new policy, the Associated Press reports. While the move was heralded by many, the group will face new challenges as it accepts gay youths into its ranks. In the wake of the announcement earlier in the year, the Southern Baptist Convention was among the first groups to protest the BSA's decision.

In addition to dealing with challenges from conservative groups, the BSA will also have to address infrastructure and policy changes associated with accepting Gay Scouts. Despite the decision, the BSA hasn't faced any major loss in sponsorships or defections, AP reports. Many of the group's sponsors such as the Roman Catholic Church have stayed on with little fallout from the decision, Brad Haddock, a BSA national executive board member who is chairman of the policy implementation committee, told the AP.

Haddock told the AP that any local fallout such as a church no longer sponsoring a troop was met with an equal amount of support from another church in a community pledging support of a local troop. The same policies expected of Scouts will apply for Gay Scouts, and the BSA has addressed many questions ahead of the official start date.

Official BSA policy states that Gay Scouts can march in pride parades but can't wear their uniform. While they can express their sexuality, the rules states, "that acknowledgment may not reach the level of distraction, which may include advocacy, promotion, or the distribution of information of a sexual nature."

As for sleeping, showering and other arrangements, the BSA says those decisions are left to each troop leader's discretion, although it will encourage troops to move away from group showers, while any request from a Scout or parent will be honored.
fingiswold

Tifton, GA

#227269 Dec 28, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Threats ...
ha ha ha ha ha ...
Meeting AT *The Danville Police Department*
IS NOW
a "threat" ....
You've LOST 'any' brain cell you EVER had!
)8~D>
Tho there WAS NEVER any "doubt"
on this end!
:D
No one wants to "meet" you for any reason, hag. Take your meds, you're losing it.

AGAIN.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#227272 Dec 28, 2013
Even though I feel bad for the unemployed, the benefits need to stop so the real truth can be known. The recovering economy is a sham for the most part, unless you are the filthy rich. Wait till people like me have to take their hard earned money and either pay for ObamaCare or pay the fine. Where will the economy be then since they are always telling us that 70% of the economy is based on people buying things. I guess they can give it to people who are unemployed and illegal aliens kids, so they can buy things.
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
LONG-TERM UNEMPLOYED FACE LIFE WITHOUT EMERGENCY BENEFITS
By Rebecca Kaplan
CBS News December 28, 2013
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/long-term-unemplo...
.....[EXCERPT:] A Hart Research poll commissioned by the nonpartisan National Employment Law Project shows that 55 percent of American voters believe the benefits should be extended, as opposed to just 34 percent who say they should be cut off. They also pointed to two traditionally Republican groups – seniors and white non-college-educated voters – who favor extending the benefits (seniors by a margin of 61 percent to 31 percent and white non-college-educated voters by a margin of 52 percent to 37 percent). Women also favor extending the benefits by a 20-point margin.
Thirty-nine percent of people surveyed say they would be less likely to support their member of Congress for re-election if the lawmaker opposed extending benefits; just 21 percent said they would be more likely to support them (35 percent said it would not affect their vote). Those numbers are particularly pronounced among women, seniors, Latinos and moderates.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#227273 Dec 28, 2013
What bled Detroit dry?(It's not pensions)

By Ross Eisenbrey
December 17, 2013

{EXCERPT:} There were several drivers of Detroit's downward spiral:

A depleted tax base:

The city's wealthier white population has declined by 1.4 million since the 1950s, leaving behind an almost entirely African-American and much poorer population. The remaining tax base continues to decline as unemployment stays stubbornly high......

Skyrocketing financial costs:

Wall Street banks saddled Detroit with $1.6 billion in loan deals that were highly profitable for Wall Street, but exposed the city to risk it could not afford to take......

Corporate subsidies and tax loopholes:

While public workers were laid off and had salaries cut, Detroit gave away millions of public revenue in tax loopholes and subsidies to big corporations. A wealth of research finds that tax breaks like these are ineffective and it is apparent they have done little to create good jobs for Detroit residents. These tax breaks should be on the table, just like other obligations of the city in resolving the cash-flow crisis.

The dynamics at play in Detroit are the same dynamics creating the growing wealth gap and keeping our economy from making a lasting and sustainable economic recovery. While Wall Street and corporations profit handsomely from a city's decline, public workers—the city's middle class—have sacrificed time and again.

In recent years, thousands of public workers were laid off, and the remaining public employees accepted a 10% pay cut, health benefit reductions and a 40% cut in future pension benefits, saving Detroit $160 million. Not only is it immoral to force the working people to give up even more in the name of fiscal responsibility, but these cuts will only burden the effort to solve the city's long-term challenges by depressing economic activity, pushing more residents into poverty, and making it difficult to retain and attract needed workers.

Instead, Detroit's cash flow shortfall must be addressed by fixing the problems that caused it in the first place. Banks must be told that they have profited enough from interest rate swaps that helped create this mess and will receive no more. The state needs to collaborate by increasing available revenues. Corporate tax loopholes must be closed and ineffective subsidies ended.

Like other cities, Detroit can work its way back toward a healthy local economy with good jobs, quality public services and a robust tax base. But making that happen depends on honoring the promises made to workers and ensuring that Wall Street and big corporations pay their fair share.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/17/opinion/eisenbr...
fingiswold

Tifton, GA

#227275 Dec 28, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text> Not a fraud at all. He declared his beliefs to the world and God rewarded him. I know, God never rewarded you......
ROTFLMAO!!!

Easily your dumbest post to date...:)
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#227277 Dec 28, 2013
freebird wrote:
Even though I feel bad for the unemployed, the benefits need to stop so the real truth can be known. The recovering economy is a sham for the most part, unless you are the filthy rich. Wait till people like me have to take their hard earned money and either pay for ObamaCare or pay the fine. Where will the economy be then since they are always telling us that 70% of the economy is based on people buying things. I guess they can give it to people who are unemployed and illegal aliens kids, so they can buy things.
<quoted text>
FREEBIRD you really are focused on your small world and have no comprehension as to how your small world is affected by, to you, unseen terrible forces, fearful and regressed into some small corner blaming this and that, those and them, when its all about you. You are not Free after all. Just another corralled sheep.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#227279 Dec 28, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
What bled Detroit dry?(It's not pensions)... said nutter :)
libTARDism
"is"
what
HAPPENED
to Detroit
)8~D>
I knew you had mental issues but you really are out doing yourself here. What happened to Detroit as everybody already know, is they have voted for their demise. They have swamped themselves with republicans. Snyder stamped his feet and refused to attend 101 Obama on how to save a nation from republican bankruptcy. Resulting in what republicans have been infamous for since 1929. BANKRUPTCY !

Level 9

Redwood City, CA

#227281 Dec 28, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
‘Duck Dynasty’ Scramble Leaves A&E With Egg On Its Face
Network brass didn't think through next steps, or risk of strangling its golden goose
A&E put itself between a “Duck” and a hard place. And having backtracked from its temporary lack of quack, let the public-relations scrambling begin.
The network might have acted precipitously in suspending Phil Robertson for his inflammatory remarks regarding gays (and equally insensitive ones about African-Americans in the Jim Crow-era South), but it clearly didn’t have an end game in mind. And once the network demonstrated that it was displeased with Robertson’s statements, unless it was truly willing to strangle its golden goose, there was really nowhere to go from there.
So the network issued a mealy-mouthed statement Friday, promising to run a public-service campaign about tolerance and inclusiveness. One suspects the network will also be less eager to arrange interview opportunities for Robertson, which of course won’t prevent him from going out and speaking his mind, especially now that he’s a hero to many conservatives.
more http://variety.com/2013/voices/columns/duck-d...
So????

What's your point? I don't see one, just more childish gloating over nothing. LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... 9 min berklee 444
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 19 min Kissez8098 17,750
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 27 min jimmy krack korn 287
News The Latest: DeVos says she'll take $1 as educat... 1 hr AmericanWomyn 7
News Cubans sold everything to reach U.S., now hundr... 1 hr ASKING 5
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr anne bonny 144,062
News Obama executive orders may not survive under Pr... 3 hr Wildchild 5
More from around the web