The President has failed us

There are 328349 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#225800 Dec 22, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! If they did, it would be a done deal in the U.S.
Even in your far left state they voted against it.. Now that tells ya something..

Eagle
Facts According to Rico

West Covina, CA

#225801 Dec 22, 2013
A&E’s Decision to Suspend Phil Robertson Is Not a Freedom of Speech Issue

The fact that Duck Dynasty’s patriarch, Phil Robertson, was able to voice his bigoted religious opinion and see it in print settles the argument once and for all that his freedom of speech and religion were not interfered with by the government.

However, that has not stopped the right-wing from going berserk over A&E, a private entertainment network, exercising their freedom of speech in announcing to their audience that they cut a character from one of their fake reality shows; likely for some sort of breach of contract for damaging the entertainment network’s reputation as tolerant, and arguably supportive, of the gay community.

What conservatives fail to acknowledge is that there are no constitutional free speech rights involved in A&E’s decision, except that Sarah Palin, Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal, and a host of bigots at Fox News are attacking A&E for exercising their right to freedom of speech.

read more @ http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/22/aes-de...
Facts According to Rico

West Covina, CA

#225802 Dec 22, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Rico talking chit about people using multiple accounts and gray box socks? Too funny!
Don't hate the player, hate the game. It's funny how when I employ intentional hypocrisy you get offended by it.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Arm the internet

#225804 Dec 22, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Superior to who or what?
I've seen nothing about you that indicates there is anything "superior" about you.
My learning abilities are superior to what they were a minute ago. I continue to gain superiority every minute in this realm because I aspire to the pursuit of the effort to improve my learning abilities.
Or is that too circular to be logical to you?
Anyway, you asked, I answered.
And don't "oh brother" me unless you intend to act as one. LOL
racer42

Alameda, CA

#225805 Dec 22, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
See how stupid you are? Probably not since you're a Dodo bird., but keep laughing that fat ass off.
Reeko wouldn't know a FACT if it jumped up and bit him on his huge azz.
Facts According to Rico

West Covina, CA

#225806 Dec 22, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>YOu have a right to have the information in your medical records - all of it. We do not have a right to know what the government knows about us.
Sounds like you have a guilty conscious.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#225807 Dec 22, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even in your far left state they voted against it.. Now that tells ya something..
Eagle
Most of the states where it's happened, the citizens of that state were against it. Obama pushed it on the military, and the wacko judges have ruled against the citizens of those states.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#225808 Dec 22, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>YOu have a right to have the information in your medical records - all of it. We do not have a right to know what the government knows about us.
The government stuck its nose into our private lives and we are entitled to know whats in their files regarding health care.. Actually I feel we are entitled to know everything they think they know cause half of their records are flawed..

Eagle
Facts According to Rico

West Covina, CA

#225809 Dec 22, 2013
How is this guy even allowed to keep serving?

The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors this afternoon voted unanimously to approve a $3.75 million settlement for New Times' co-founders, whose false arrests in 2007 were orchestrated by Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Michael Lacey and Jim Larkin were taken from their homes in the middle of the night and jailed on misdemeanor charges alleging that they violated the secrecy of a grand jury -- which turned out never to have been convened.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/...
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#225810 Dec 22, 2013
Facts According to Rico wrote:
A&E’s Decision to Suspend Phil Robertson Is Not a Freedom of Speech Issue
The fact that Duck Dynasty’s patriarch, Phil Robertson, was able to voice his bigoted religious opinion and see it in print settles the argument once and for all that his freedom of speech and religion were not interfered with by the government.
However, that has not stopped the right-wing from going berserk over A&E, a private entertainment network, exercising their freedom of speech in announcing to their audience that they cut a character from one of their fake reality shows; likely for some sort of breach of contract for damaging the entertainment network’s reputation as tolerant, and arguably supportive, of the gay community.
What conservatives fail to acknowledge is that there are no constitutional free speech rights involved in A&E’s decision, except that Sarah Palin, Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal, and a host of bigots at Fox News are attacking A&E for exercising their right to freedom of speech.
read more @ http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/22/aes-de...
Do you even know what was asked and what was said?
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#225811 Dec 22, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text> I never stated whether I did or not. I am merely supporting Phil Robinsons freedom of religion and speech. Get with it or stay out of it.
Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson breaks his silence: Reality show star says he’s 'a lover not a hater' but REFUSES to back down from anti-gay comments
Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson is sticking by controversial comments he made about homosexuality to GQ magazine
He told MailOnline that he was simply quoting from the Bible in saying that homosexuality is a sin
In the GQ interview, Robertson said:'Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong… Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there... Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men'
Fans and supporters in his hometown of West Monroe, Louisiana have been vocal in support of Robertson
TV network A&E suspended Robertson from the show over the comments
A source close to the situation says they have no plans to fire him
Cracker Barrel pulled Duck Dynasty items from its shelves but quickly reinstated them after customers complained
Duck Dynasty regularly pulls in more than 12 million viewers
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25280...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Stop hating religion hater.
I saw some of his merchandise at Walmart today.
Facts According to Rico

Andover, KS

#225812 Dec 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't hate the player, hate the game. It's funny how when I employ intentional hypocrisy you get offended by it.
DP isn't offended by anything that is posted on these threads. DP has never hit the "report" button. The moderators could verify that fact but they wont. DP has been reported by the liberal liars on this thread though. Whenever DP posts strike a raw nerve, the liberals report the post to the moderators then they go on to reply to the very post that disturbed them in the first place. Don't they realize that replying to a post ensures that the post is still there in the reply even if the original post is removed for TOS violations?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Arm the internet

#225813 Dec 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Now you're making up facts to support your illogical position.
Then you agree that they are facts and not fiction . Can you supply proof that my position is illogical?
Facts According to Rico

West Covina, CA

#225814 Dec 22, 2013
The controversy that has the whole country taking sides began when the A&E network suspended "Duck Dynasty" patriarch Phil Robertson for disparaging gay people

And now Charlie Sheen is getting into the act and going on a Twitter rant about the reality star's (Phil Robertson) sentiments.

"Hey Mallard brained Phil Robertso! You have offended and hurt so many dear friends of mine, who DO NOT have the voice or the outreach that I do. Well news flash shower-dodger, I will speak loudly and clearly for ALL of them. So, just when your desperately sub evolved ass thought the pressure was off, you are now in the crosshairs of a MaSheen style media beat down.(I'll try to keep the big words to a minimum as not to confuse you)," the Anger Management star said.

"Your statements were and are abhorrently and mendaciously unforgivable," he went on. "The idea that you have a job outside of dirt-clod stacking is a miracle. The only 'Dynasty' you are attached to might be the re-runs of that dated show."

Sheen continues.

"The only thing you should ever be in charge of building is a hole in the ground the exact size of your head," Sheen continued. "Perhaps your beard would fit as well if you plucked out the army of scabies and bull weevils sequestered deep in it's sarcophagus of dander and weasel pelts. Shame on you. you're the only surviving brain donor I've ever known."

The actor went on to tell Robertson he needed to make "serious amends" to those he "radically offended," adding that he was "repulsed" by him.

http://www.allproudamericans.com/Charlie-Shee...
Facts According to Rico

West Covina, CA

#225815 Dec 22, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even know what was asked and what was said?
Better yet... do you?
Facts According to Rico

West Covina, CA

#225816 Dec 22, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That poster lied about saying most of the population supports SSM when its clear they don't..
Eagle
Yea right. The drastic changes across the Union regarding gay rights seems to go unnoticed by you.
Facts According to Rico

West Covina, CA

#225817 Dec 22, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Then you agree that they are facts and not fiction . Can you supply proof that my position is illogical?
Regarding proof... I've been waiting for the proof that your God is real. Maybe you can impress me with some logic right now?

LOL
Quirky

Denver, CO

#225819 Dec 22, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
He did?
Did he call me out for hiding? Where at?
You tought you taw a puddy tat?

You did, You did taw a puddy tat!

What an Id!ot..!!!!!
Facts According to Rico

West Covina, CA

#225820 Dec 22, 2013
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
DP is offended by all the posts on these threads. DP hits the "report" button. The moderators could verify that fact but they wont. DP is reported by the liberals on this thread just like I report them. Whenever a post strikes DP's raw nerve, he reports the post to the moderators then they go on to reply to the very post that disturbed them in the first place. Don't DP realize that replying to a post ensures that the post is still there in the reply even if the original post is removed for TOS violations?
Moral of the story is to not be a DP!!
Grey Parrot and Lettuce

West Covina, CA

#225822 Dec 22, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw some of his merchandise at Walmart today.
I burned some today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Should Citizenship Mean? 5 min Anonymous 35
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 35 min Mickey Ratt Club 138,182
News GOP bill blocks pregnant immigrants from enteri... 35 min sandy1 12
News Obama's record on national security, public saf... 42 min wild child 1
News Scott Walker Approved Pro-Immigration Reform Lo... 45 min goonsquad 4
News Three immigration bills to watch at the Nevada ... 48 min wild child 7
News Tea Party affiliate FreedomWorks refocuses, cha... 2 hr Le Duped 13
More from around the web