The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 408852 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#220780 Dec 9, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you provide a link to the post or posts of the facts you gave? I looked but couldn't find them.
did you know the bible actually says it didn't rain on Earth until the Noachian flood? seriously, it says that!

yet we have actual imprints of rain in lava proven to be older than mankind on this planet...

facts are fun!

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#220781 Dec 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, how would it give them existence?
Give thanks to God as the Pilgrims did
http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/social-affa...
We know that the peoples of Europe had harvest festivals each autumn for centuries, through Christian times back to the days of paganism, when the faithful thanked their God or gods for the bounty of the earth.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Francisco, CA

#220782 Dec 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, how would it give them existence?
They (the gods) would exist in the minds and hearts of those who believe in them. Not everything that people believe is literally tangible. Thoughts exist, but no one can see them.

#220783 Dec 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>did you know the bible actually says it didn't rain on Earth until the Noachian flood? seriously, it says that!
yet we have actual imprints of rain in lava proven to be older than mankind on this planet...
facts are fun!
Pre-Adamic man: were there human beings on Earth before Adam?
http://creation.com/pre-adamic-man-were-there...
This is a classic example of the confusion that Christians get themselves into when they depart from the text of the Bible and allow outside influences, especially long-age naturalism, to dictate the meaning of Scripture.

St. Croix valley

#220784 Dec 9, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>I'll go along with two or three topics falling in line with the Democrats then a couple will pop up where I agree with the Republicans or vise versa. Either way I am instantly called a "flip flopper", "trator" or "plant" and attempts to ostrasize me follow. It seems like insist you pick one "side" or the other with no free thinking allowed.
yes, it is getting harder and harder for people to just deal with the facts of an issue in this nation...

the funny thing is, most of the parrots don't really even understand the ideology they think they are holding to...

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#220785 Dec 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he's had many failures. he's had many successes. what does that have to do with this subject? i do not have to have faith that Obama exists, again, i can rely on facts.
The subject is faith.
When you say he's had successes, you must mean success in terms of the laws and policies he's been able to enact. If you mean success in terms of his obligation to promote and protect the well being of the American people, you're unequivocally WRONG.

St. Croix valley

#220787 Dec 9, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
Give thanks to God as the Pilgrims did
http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/social-affa...
We know that the peoples of Europe had harvest festivals each autumn for centuries, through Christian times back to the days of paganism, when the faithful thanked their God or gods for the bounty of the earth.
and those gods are credible why?

St. Croix valley

#220788 Dec 9, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject is faith.
When you say he's had successes, you must mean success in terms of the laws and policies he's been able to enact. If you mean success in terms of his obligation to promote and protect the well being of the American people, you're unequivocally WRONG.
no, no iam not.

would you rather have the economy we had when he started or the one we have now? success.

St. Croix valley

#220789 Dec 9, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
They (the gods) would exist in the minds and hearts of those who believe in them. Not everything that people believe is literally tangible. Thoughts exist, but no one can see them.
we can actually moniter the brain working as one thinks with fMRIs, so yes, even thoughts can be quantified and measured.

no, no matter how much one believes, that does not make a god exist.not in any way.

Level 9

San Francisco, CA

#220790 Dec 9, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That's Santa Clause!
But I saw him at Macy's. So there. LOL!

#220791 Dec 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and those gods are credible why?
An atheist photographer focuses on faith
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/07/an-a...
I don't pretend to know the answer to that question. But I do know this: Even an ardent atheist can look at a house of worship and see the signs of an invisible human longing that is common to us all, believer and unbeliever alike.

Level 9

San Francisco, CA

#220792 Dec 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>we can actually moniter the brain working as one thinks with fMRIs, so yes, even thoughts can be quantified and measured.
no, no matter how much one believes, that does not make a god exist.not in any way.
I had a feeling you were going to say that about brain scans, but that is not actually seeing a thought.

I simply disagree. I think God/gods most definitely exist, and they do because people believe in them.

You're not a person of faith apparently, and have to be able to SEE everything in order to believe it. Makes the world a safe place for you I'm sure--pretty dull but safe.

Do you believe I exist? You can't see me.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#220793 Dec 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>short version, how could an infallible god not get his own creation story right? we know it didn't happen that way.
the noachian flood never happened, yet this infallible god promised it would, even stated it did happen.
let me just add, would you even think of worshiping a god that advocated slavery? ever? could that really be a true god?(Jax, THAT is an opinion, not the abrhamic god advocating slavery that is fact, but moral person being able to worship such an a-hole...)
I understand where you're coming from but inconsistencies in the bible do not disprove the existence of God.

Would you agree that man's perception is fallible or subject to change?

The bible was written by man and is subject to the fallible perception of man. Even the idea that God guided man in the writing of the bible is based on the perception of man, which is fallible.

So while you might be able to prove discrepancies in the bible, it still does not prove that God does not exist. It only proves that there is discrepancies in the bible.

As humans we have evolved and established a construct to what we believe is just or unjust but it is all based on our perception and understanding which, again, is fallible and ever changing as our knowledge grows.

Obviously, Christianity explains all the wrongs in the world as a consequence of free will but I tend to think that if we admit as humans that we are not all knowing and that our perception and reality is ever changing than how can we prove or disprove that there is or isn't a god.

It boils down to a choice and faith.

jmo

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#220794 Dec 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is not one speck of geological evidcence for it. as stated, we have geological evidence for smaller floods that happened long before man was on the Earth, and we have evidence for other worldwide events. but nothing at all for a major flood.
there was never any scientific support for the earth being flat.
It was the science of the day. Just as our science advances as time goes on still.
"Evidence Suggests Noah's Ark Flood Existed, Says Robert Ballard, Archaeologist Who Found Titanic "
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/10/evid...
"Is there any evidence for a global flood?"
http://www.allaboutcreation.org/global-flood-...
Well I could post many more articles but I doubt you'll read what I did post. So enough.
Bottom line is I don't agree with you.
WeDeserveBetter

Oneonta, NY

#220797 Dec 9, 2013
Health law ould force thousands of volunteer fire departments to close...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25209...
WeDeserveBetter

Oneonta, NY

#220798 Dec 9, 2013

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#220799 Dec 9, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>I'll go along with two or three topics falling in line with the Democrats then a couple will pop up where I agree with the Republicans or vise versa. Either way I am instantly called a "flip flopper", "trator" or "plant" and attempts to ostrasize me follow. It seems like insist you pick one "side" or the other with no free thinking allowed.
That is exactly what has to be stopped if at all possible. How else do people discuss their views and differences. One doesn't have to go to war just because they don't agree on something.
WeDeserveBetter

Oneonta, NY

#220800 Dec 9, 2013
Afghanistan agrees to pact with Iran, while resisting agreement with USA...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/12/08/afgha...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#220802 Dec 9, 2013
"What if we elected a president, who we knew nothing about, just because it would be so historic that we elected the first president elected in the United States........?
http://www.examiner.com/article/what-if-we-el...

http://www.topix.com/news/immigration/2013/12...
WeDeserveBetter

Oneonta, NY

#220803 Dec 9, 2013
LIARCARE OPEN TO WI-FI ATTACK...

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/365863/m...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 5 min PastorHaggardsMet... 17,642
News Cruel bully or modern-day Wyatt Earp? Sheriff's... 35 min spud 34
News Sanctuary city mayors urge Obama to protect ill... 59 min spud 18
News Protesters across US decry Trumpa s anti-immigr... 1 hr spud 40
News Trump: Brexit 'a great thing,' EU to continue t... 1 hr spud 6
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... 1 hr Jeremy 437
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 hr Liar Watch 14,827
More from around the web