The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“no one told me”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#220385 Dec 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i startede working minimum wage jobs in the mid 70's and you wouldn't have been able to raise a family on that...
minimum wage jobs are not meant to be living wage jobs, hence the name...(they most certainly are not meant to be jobs to raise a family on...)
and you're still minimum wage!

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#220386 Dec 8, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Not angry at all.
Just having fun watching you make a complete ass of yourself. It was YOU who was angry because that thread you created failed, and you didn't get to be the center of attention you were so desperate for.
You're playing games and have no convictions about anything. You're just another run of the mill narcissist.
I was making a complete @$$ out of myself when I was defending Obama's failed rhetoric. When I was calling patriots fools and defending fools like yourself and your band of undocumented homosexuals and self loathing white trash. You are the little guy who nobody wants to hang out with because you always start a fight with the biggest guy in the room and expect to be defended by your posse. A stranger wanders in and everyone warns them about who Rose? It's you Rose! They warned us about YOU!

“no one told me”

Level 1

Denver

#220387 Dec 8, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, no! A great many seem remarkably amenable to this Pope! He's absolutely the most likeable Pope in a long time. He has probably upset a lot of apple carts, but he has also displayed character traits generally more characteristic of folks like Ghandi and Mother Theresa. He's a very intriguing character:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/12...
Pope prophetic, not political
Tom Krattenmaker
December 8, 2013
Pontiff has conservatives up in arms over views on economic inequality and capitalism.
It's one thing to say kind words about gay people and atheists while admonishing those who would bury them in stones. It's one thing to walk humbly and call the Catholic Church to compassion for the poor. It's one thing to kiss a horribly disfigured man from whom most people would run in disgust.
But apparently, it's quite another to start calling out growing economic inequality and naive faith in capitalism. By doing just that in his recent encyclical, Pope Francis has touched a third rail in conservative American politics. So begins the backlash.
Yet in the new round of skirmishing around Francis and his supposedly "liberal" views, U.S. political pundits and news media wags both progressive and conservative are missing the point about the pope and what he's up to. Their mistake? They see his words and deeds through the lens of American politics and ideology. What Francis is doing is prophetic, not political, and we should recognize that he's playing, to his credit, in a whole different arena.
Liberals beware
Many American conservatives have come to regard the Catholic hierarchy as their culture war ally. This pope is becoming something of a head-scratcher and headache for them now that he has spoken out against trickle-down economics and the fetishizing of free markets.(cont.)
Blab, blab and more BLAB, you have a reserved seat in hell waiting for you.

“Call first. Don't knock. ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#220388 Dec 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i startede working minimum wage jobs in the mid 70's and you wouldn't have been able to raise a family on that...
minimum wage jobs are not meant to be living wage jobs, hence the name...(they most certainly are not meant to be jobs to raise a family on...)
But, that is what we're creating here in America. Tribute goes to corporatists and the global economy. Those kinds of jobs were once reserved as the training ground. Not anymore. We "moved" to a service driven economy, had a Great Recession and can't get Congress to move on the AJA:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/31/news/economy/...

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)

Sure, the economy is adding jobs these days...but most of those positions pay pretty poorly.

Some 58% of the jobs created during the recovery have been low-wage positions, according to a new report by the National Employment Law Project. Only 22% have been mid-wage jobs and 20% higher-wage positions. These low-wage jobs pay $13.83 an hour or less.

"The recovery continues to be skewed toward low-wage jobs, reinforcing the rise in inequality and America's deficit of good jobs," said Annette Bernhardt, NELP's policy co-director. "While there's understandably a lot of focus on getting employment back to pre-recession levels, the quality of jobs is rapidly emerging as a second front in the struggling recovery."

The explosion in low-wage job growth comes after the Great Recession hammered the mid-wage job sector. Some 60% of the jobs lost during the downturn were mid-wage, as opposed to 21% of low-wage and 19% of higher-wage positions.

The fastest growing low-wage jobs include retail salespeople, food prep workers, laborers and freight workers, waiters and waitresses, personal and home care aides, office clerks and customers representatives.(cont.)

A minimum wage increase is not what is needed. We need living wage jobs in America.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#220389 Dec 8, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
and you're still minimum wage!
and you're still at the third grade level of intelligence and discussion...

nothing of worth to add yet?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#220390 Dec 8, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose is a wicked witch angry because I have slipped the lying liberal spell, opened my eyes and came to my senses.
Obama has failed us. No doubt about it.
YepperZ ...

You got that RIGHT!
Glad you knocked the 'scales'
OFF your eyes ...

Maybe MORE will ...

;~)

One 'can' always
H~O~P~E ...

and for THEIR sake ...

BEST!

~-~

“no one told me”

Level 1

Denver

#220391 Dec 8, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
They are self proclaimed atheists who believe that they evolved from monkeys. I know that I am a man who was created by god, but I'm inclined to believe that they are right about themselves. Monkeys trying to emulate men but not doing a very good job at it at all.
I don't share your religious views, but I would never ridicule them. I don't know where we came from. I understand the meaning of the word "faith".

“no one told me”

Level 1

Denver

#220392 Dec 8, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Up yours scumbag.
The man was trying to make the world a better place. You called him a liberal and said he deserved to die.
Oh, I get it, you assumed he was a liberal because he was trying to make the world better and conservatives like you don't do that.
Got it.
BTW...you're not anyone's "better". Just another loser with a superiority complex. Got a couple of those around here.
he was an idiot, ergo odds are he was a liberal. No American in their right mind would go to a country full of barbaric religious nutjobs.
As stupid as you are dumb. I swear I saw you at the grocery store the other day, do you have a cute little Coach purse and some size 13 flats?

St. Croix valley

#220393 Dec 8, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>But, that is what we're creating here in America. Tribute goes to corporatists and the global economy. Those kinds of jobs were once reserved as the training ground. Not anymore. We "moved" to a service driven economy, had a Great Recession and can't get Congress to move on the AJA:
http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/31/news/economy/...
NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
Sure, the economy is adding jobs these days...but most of those positions pay pretty poorly.
Some 58% of the jobs created during the recovery have been low-wage positions, according to a new report by the National Employment Law Project. Only 22% have been mid-wage jobs and 20% higher-wage positions. These low-wage jobs pay $13.83 an hour or less.
"The recovery continues to be skewed toward low-wage jobs, reinforcing the rise in inequality and America's deficit of good jobs," said Annette Bernhardt, NELP's policy co-director. "While there's understandably a lot of focus on getting employment back to pre-recession levels, the quality of jobs is rapidly emerging as a second front in the struggling recovery."
The explosion in low-wage job growth comes after the Great Recession hammered the mid-wage job sector. Some 60% of the jobs lost during the downturn were mid-wage, as opposed to 21% of low-wage and 19% of higher-wage positions.
The fastest growing low-wage jobs include retail salespeople, food prep workers, laborers and freight workers, waiters and waitresses, personal and home care aides, office clerks and customers representatives.(cont.)
A minimum wage increase is not what is needed. We need living wage jobs in America.
yes, i agree raising the minimum wage is not needed. of course we would like more higher paying jobs in our economy, is there any time we wouldn't?

“no one told me”

Level 1

Denver

#220394 Dec 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and you're still at the third grade level of intelligence and discussion...
nothing of worth to add yet?
anything of intelligence escapes you, you, like virtually all Topix libs can't discuss the weather without dishonesty, lying, dissembling, deflection, projection, etc.
Try acting like a grown up for a change.

“no one told me”

Level 1

Denver

#220395 Dec 8, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to disagree, but I think he's proven that he's much more than a hypocrite and an attention seeking troll.
He's also a liar, a fraud, intellectually challenged, emotionally unstable, and quite possibly a full blown psychotic.
You'd have more success diagnosing your own psychological problems, M'am.

Liberals are like atoms, they make up everything.

“no one told me”

Level 1

Denver

#220396 Dec 8, 2013
libs/progressives/warmers/neof ascists have been complicit in destroying our manufacturing base, once the best in the world, they must be so proud. Now there's nowhere to go for the millions who don't get a higher education.
They must be so proud.

St. Croix valley

#220397 Dec 8, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
anything of intelligence escapes you, you, like virtually all Topix libs can't discuss the weather without dishonesty, lying, dissembling, deflection, projection, etc.
Try acting like a grown up for a change.
if you could only give examples of me doing any of those things...even once...

seem you are the one lying here.

we both remember how it goes when you try to match wits with me, mental midget, it is embarrassing for you...
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#220398 Dec 8, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.
What part of that says anything about placing Jesus between man and god? To believe that Jesus is a god is to violate god's first commandment. I love god and I do my best to keep his commandments. Jesus? Not so much.
Are you Jewish or a Muslim?

“Call first. Don't knock. ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#220399 Dec 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i agree raising the minimum wage is not needed. of course we would like more higher paying jobs in our economy, is there any time we wouldn't?
It's essential if you want a reduction in the numbers of working Americans who must rely on taxpayer subsidy in order to simply get by. Otherwise, what so you suggest we do about our social welfare safety net? The Republican party recommends we just cut it and not concern ourselves with the "losers" who work but must rely on SNAP and taxpayer subsidy in order to feed their families while at the same time keeping our noses out of what the Walmarts and fast food franchises in America pay their employees that entitles them to subsidy. Do we ignore hunger in America? What do you want to do about that?
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#220400 Dec 8, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian faith is offensive to god. In it's infancy, Christianity was hijacked by an idol worshiping homosexual pagan working for Satin and perverted into a belief system that violates all commandments of god. Anyone who says different is an agent of satin.
Is that an agent of red satin or black satin?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#220401 Dec 8, 2013
SHOCK CLAIM: OBAMA WORSE THAN A COMMUNIST
Conservative author says president's philosophy closer to another notorious movement

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/12/shock-claim-obama-...

echambliss1 11 minutes ago
I don't care what this puke is. Whatever he wants to try and pull. Lets get it on! Odumazz may have all the liberals behind him but they're all spineless cowards that have never gotten their hands dirty a day in their life. He better be worried about the millions of Christians like myself that are ready to die for their Lord and Saviour Jesus.

We may seem like we're passive but when you push our backs to the wall. We are ready to fight and die for our belief. I'm ready to get bloody for what I believe in are you ?.

I'm ready to do whatever it takes to defeat these B*******.

==========

I can 'definitely'
RELATE
to
THAT!

;~)

Let's Get it ON ...

“no one told me”

Level 1

Denver

#220402 Dec 8, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You reject Darwinism and Evolution? Well, that pretty much completes your newly redesigned profile from my perspective.
Why do you use a lower case "g" when referring to God? Why do you believe there is a conflict between Evolution and the Christian faith? Scientists who Christians:
http://www.adherents.com/people/100_scientist...
The third book of The Celestine Prophecy, "The Secret of Shambhala" by James Redfield
If you'd stop drooling to rapidly post your inane insipities, you'd see your numerous typos or misspellings.

"Scientists WHO christians ?

Of course we can't rule out the possibility that you're not soused in the middle of the day either. lol

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#220403 Dec 8, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You reject Darwinism and Evolution? Well, that pretty much completes your newly redesigned profile from my perspective.
Why do you use a lower case "g" when referring to God? Why do you believe there is a conflict between Evolution and the Christian faith? Scientists who Christians:
http://www.adherents.com/people/100_scientist...
The third book of The Celestine Prophecy, "The Secret of Shambhala" by James Redfield
I don't argue with science. I have always said that Men came to the new world and breed with the monkey race that was here creating the first Mexican. Evolution is real. There is no doubt about it. Lesser species tend to gather at the the edges of Man's societies and men have breed with them causing even the lesser species to evolve into something that can pass off as an intelligent species closer to what god created in the beginning but not the same. Their skin color is a little darker, their cranial capacity a little smaller and their self control is severely diminished compared to the man created by the breath of god. There is no conflict between creation and evolution. There are creatures on this planet that are eons older than the human species so if evolution were the only factor in intelligent life, Man wouldn't be the only species on this planet with advanced societies and an understanding of the universe around them. Since man is the only species on this planet to advance, even though man is one of the youngest species of life to exist here, there is something more at play than evolution alone. That is where creation comes into play. Either that, or man just showed up from somewhere else. Somewhere much older than this solar system. A place where life has existed long enough for a species to evolve into an advanced life form capable of creating life from basic elements something more evolved would be able to create the basic elements from nothing and create an entire universe with just a though. That would be a god. Now wouldn't it?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#220404 Dec 8, 2013
Whick 'makes' me
THINK of ...
;)

Lets Get It On

What'd I Say
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

<3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ted Cruz's moves on spending bill roil Republicans 8 min Guess Who 57
Parties assess variables looking at 2016 map 19 min General AhbeHa 30
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 51 min American Werewolves 137,128
Illegal immigrant mother seeks refuge in Philad... 1 hr The Vanishing Ame... 20
64% of Utahns disapprove of Obama's immigration... 1 hr dumb and dumber 3
2016: Jeb Tries to Head Off Controversy by Exit... 3 hr Guess Who 1
Congress can block use of fees for immigration ... 5 hr barefoot2626 311
More from around the web