The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 395974 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#212597 Nov 23, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Might have been 2 of your spawn, pity. Hopefully many more will get what Traygone got.
Such wit. Do you have a bib on or a handkerchief close by? If not, go pull some paper towels off the roll and get busy cleaning up your chin, drooler.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#212598 Nov 23, 2013
Rico the 147 IQ Hispanic wrote:
Income inequality has gotten so bad in the USA that now China, India and Iran are better than the USA.
Hows that for trickle down economics?
Go for it Pizzlestick. There must be an unguarded border town or river you can sneak across. You and a few compadres can bring their economy in line with ours.

“no one told me”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#212599 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Short stacks like you are afraid of me.
We certainly wouldn't want to sit next to your stinky ass on a long plane ride, not that you could afford a plane ticket.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#212600 Nov 23, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Might have been 2 of your spawn, pity. Hopefully many more will get what Traygone got.
Are you sure? Are any of your family members participants? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Here's a nice snapshot of some "knockout" participants:

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/knockout-ga...
Carlos Danger

Los Angeles, CA

#212601 Nov 23, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>She has nothing whatsoever to do with your crew of droolers without boundaries.
And yesterday you were talking about BLUMPKINS? You're one nasty old broad.
Carlos Danger

Los Angeles, CA

#212602 Nov 23, 2013
Barak Oblumpkin wrote:
<quoted text>And your president thinks there are 57 states,so whats your point Moron?
No kidding,nothing shuts up an uninformed lib faster than the truth
Rico

Los Angeles, CA

#212604 Nov 23, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure? Are any of your family members participants? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.
Here's a nice snapshot of some "knockout" participants:
http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/knockout-ga...
Hey Skunk lady. Your little article attached what they called a
"File photo of US juvenile deliquents convicted of hate crimes" < lol at the spelling of your lopsided source.

Here's actual video on CNN right now of a few of the actual punks doing the knock downs. Watch closely, probably four or five of your grand-skunks in there.
http://us.cnn.com/2013/11/22/justice/knockout...
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#212605 Nov 23, 2013
While I think something needs to be done. Giving the government more money to waste isn't the answer either. They'll just give themselves better wages and better benefits that are already better than your average American. This is one of the reasons they really don't want to tax the rich more.
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/04/12/pre...

Today, the President released his 2012 federal income tax returns. He and the First Lady filed their income tax returns jointly and reported adjusted gross income of $608,611. The Obamas paid $112,214 in total tax.

The President and First Lady also reported donating $150,034 – or about 24.6 percent of their adjusted gross income – to 33 different charities. The largest reported gift to charity was $103,871 to the Fisher House Foundation.

The President’s effective federal income tax rate is ***18.4 percent***.

TAXING THE RICH IS GOOD FOR THE ECONOMY
by Robert Reich
Marketplace for Wednesday, April 18, 2012
One of the most pernicious economic falsehoods you'll hear during the next seven months of political campaigning is there's a necessary tradeoff between fairness and growth. By this view, if we raise taxes on the wealthy the economy can't grow as fast.
Wrong. Taxes were far higher on top incomes in the three decades after World War II than they've been since. And the distribution of income was far more equal. Yet the American economy grew faster in those years than it's grown since tax rates were slashed in 1981.
This wasn't a post-war aberration. Bill Clinton raised taxes on the wealthy in the 1990s, and the economy produced faster job growth and higher wages than it did after George W. Bush slashed taxes on the rich in his first term.
If you need more evidence, consider modern Germany, where taxes on the wealthy are much higher than they are here and the distribution of income is far more equal. But Germany's average annual growth has been faster than that in the United States.(cont.)
http://www.marketplace.org/topics/economy/com...
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#212606 Nov 23, 2013
I don't know how that happened but the president or most in congress don't want to raise the taxes on the wealthy because then they would have to pay more taxes.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/04/12/pre...

Today, the President released his 2012 federal income tax returns. He and the First Lady filed their income tax returns jointly and reported adjusted gross income of $608,611. The Obamas paid $112,214 in total tax.

The President and First Lady also reported donating $150,034 – or about 24.6 percent of their adjusted gross income – to 33 different charities. The largest reported gift to charity was $103,871 to the Fisher House Foundation.

The President’s effective federal income tax rate is ***18.4 percent***.
Barney Fwank

Temecula, CA

#212607 Nov 23, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>She has nothing whatsoever to do with your crew of droolers without boundaries.
Hi Mary Kay,I thought you died?

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#212608 Nov 23, 2013
David Library in Washington Crossing presents lecture on 'Revolutionary Rebellions'
http://www.buckslocalnews.com/articles/2013/1...
Regarding his lecture at the David Library, Professor Newman explains,“In the aftermath of the American Revolution, three very different groups of American agrarians - Yankee Yeomen, Ohio Valley Scots-Irish, and Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania Dutch - continued the struggle to define the Revolution and their future in the American republican experiment. Shays' Rebellion of 1786-87, the Whiskey Rebellion of 1791-1794, and Fries' Rebellion of 1798-99 have their differences for sure, but the striking similarities in grievances, tactics, and goals in spite of those differences reveal an agrarian intention for the founding of republican governments in America and their own futures as citizen-farmers.”

Although American Agrarianism has long since faded from prominence, the ideals and arguments espoused by these so-called rebels continue to dominate our political discourse more than two centuries later. Professor Newman says,“We owe it to ourselves to listen to them and to understand their role in our founding.”
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#212610 Nov 23, 2013
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Sticker shock hits health exchange shoppers

COST, NUMBER OF HEALTH CARE PLANS VARY WIDELY BY COUNTY
Competition is the cornerstone of the Affordable Care Act. Health care costs and the number of "metal" plan options can vary depending on where you live. However, more choices does not necessarily mean better prices. Here's a look at available plans. Average monthly premiums do not reflect tax credits.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#212611 Nov 23, 2013
Carlos Danger wrote:
<quoted text>
And yesterday you were talking about BLUMPKINS? You're one nasty old broad.
Three of us had to google it last night to learn the definition - much to everybody's disgust and unanimous "Ewwwwwww". I recognize that you know all about these kinds of perversion from your fantasy life (and God knows what else goes on in that screwed up head), and that's why I recommended that "Steve" in Chandler would be a good fit for you and your best bud.

Go away with your trash speak. You have undoubtedly lived in a cardboard box in some darkened back alleyway for an extended period of time. Either that or you were raised by perverts and loaned out to turn tricks. You either have no chldren or you have been permanently rejected by the ones who surely have escaped your claws by now.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#212613 Nov 23, 2013
Larry Pressler may run again in South Dakota — as an independent
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/larry-p...
Pressler has also been an instructor at South Dakota schools, including two community colleges for Native Americans. He’s flying back Thursday afternoon to give a lecture at the University of Sioux Falls about the 1791 Whiskey Rebellion.

His wife, Harriet, doesn’t want him to get in the Senate race because she’s afraid he’ll get ridiculed.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#212615 Nov 23, 2013
Here he comes again!!! One of the biggest wastes of taxpayers money "again".

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/11/...

Three Days of 2014 Fundraising Ahead for President Obama
President Obama embarks for the west coast Sunday for three days of public speeches and smaller fundraising venues for his party across two states. Landing first in Seattle, the president is scheduled to attend fundraisers for the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee at two private residences.
Wealthy donors can reportedly pay up to at least $32,400 per couple, or $20,000 for individuals for seats at the first DNC event, which is closed to the press. Local media report it will be held at the home of philanthropist Sonya Campion and her husband Tom Campion, founder of a clothing chain. The Campions and their environmental non-profit Campion Foundation have donated at least $750,000 to Democratic war chests over the last five years, according to the money trackers at OpenSecrets.org .
Former Microsoft COO Jon Shirley will host the second event for up to $32,400 per couple, according to an invitation obtained by the Seattle Times. Shirley, now an arts benefactor and member of the Seattle Art Museum’s board of trustees, was a fundraising “bundler” for Obama during the 2012 election that raised north of $650,000. Bundlers are top campaign backers who wrangle contributions from other individuals into larger sums after hitting their own legally-imposed limits.
Pen and pad reporting is being allowed at Shirley’s home, but no press cameras. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and DCCC chair Rep. Steve Israel, D-N.Y., are also expected to attend.
The president is slated for similar stops in San Francisco and Los Angeles before returning to the nation’s capitol on Tuesday. The California leg will reportedly include fundraisers at the home of basketball legend Magic Johnson and media mogul Haim Saban. It follows a wave of other fundraisers the president has recently attended across the country as both parties gear up for the 2014 midterm elections.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#212616 Nov 23, 2013
freebird wrote:
While I think something needs to be done. Giving the government more money to waste isn't the answer either. They'll just give themselves better wages and better benefits that are already better than your average American. This is one of the reasons they really don't want to tax the rich more.
<quoted text>
The President HAS proposed a budget that eliminates most of those deductions that reduce the effective tax rate he and other wealthy Americans enjoy. Read this, please:

http://www.businessinsider.com/president-endo...

President Endorses The Buffett Rule And Calls For New Penalties For Insider Trading By Members Of Congress

Ben Walsh Jan. 24, 2012

After spending a large portion of his State of the Union address offering his prescription for rebuilding the American economy, President Obama squarely addressed tax treatment across income brackets by endorsing the so-called Buffett Rule.

The President said asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as his secretary was "common sense."

He also hit out at those in the chamber for causing the lack of support they enjoy and demanded they quickly enact a law that bans insider trading by Members of Congress as a partial remedy.(cont.)

Why did he yield and not roll back taxes on the wealthy all the way down to $250,000? Why haven't tax deductions for the wealthy been eliminated? Do you recall? Have we passed a budget? Look it up. I disagreed with him, because every single time he tries to negotiate a compromise with Republicans, the middle class gets screwed.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#212618 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>
But your support of Republicans costing the US economy $24 billion in a failed attempt to defund Obamacare is what.... better?
Really... do you ever take your head out of your azz?
You have to ask yourself, why did it cost the US economy $24 billion? I don't think it did personally.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#212621 Nov 23, 2013
freebird wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/ news/nation/2013/11/21/afforda bility-obamacare-plans-varies- state-county/3641821/
Sticker shock hits health exchange shoppers
COST, NUMBER OF HEALTH CARE PLANS VARY WIDELY BY COUNTY
Competition is the cornerstone of the Affordable Care Act. Health care costs and the number of "metal" plan options can vary depending on where you live. However, more choices does not necessarily mean better prices. Here's a look at available plans. Average monthly premiums do not reflect tax credits.
Lower costs don't necessarily translate to coverage that meets the minimum requirements that insurers must meet as mandated by the ACA.

I posted a pretty good summation by Robert Reich earlier today.

What do the Republicans have in mind and ready to go, and if nothing, what do you think would happen with health care costs if we simply overturned it? Nothing good comes of overturning the ACA. We need to progress, not go backwards.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#212623 Nov 23, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>The President HAS proposed a budget that eliminates most of those deductions that reduce the effective tax rate he and other wealthy Americans enjoy. Read this, please:
http://www.businessinsider.com/president-endo...
President Endorses The Buffett Rule And Calls For New Penalties For Insider Trading By Members Of Congress
Ben Walsh Jan. 24, 2012
After spending a large portion of his State of the Union address offering his prescription for rebuilding the American economy, President Obama squarely addressed tax treatment across income brackets by endorsing the so-called Buffett Rule.
The President said asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as his secretary was "common sense."
He also hit out at those in the chamber for causing the lack of support they enjoy and demanded they quickly enact a law that bans insider trading by Members of Congress as a partial remedy.(cont.)
Why did he yield and not roll back taxes on the wealthy all the way down to $250,000? Why haven't tax deductions for the wealthy been eliminated? Do you recall? Have we passed a budget? Look it up. I disagreed with him, because every single time he tries to negotiate a compromise with Republicans, the middle class gets screwed.
I know what both of them has said, but neither has stepped up to the plate and paid more taxes. I still say get rid of the deduction for giving to charities and more taxes will be collected. It's just more bullshit from a politician and a filthy filthy rich person!
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#212624 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm so glad Obama is making you accountable for your fcked up health made by your own poor choices.
ROTFLMAO!!! Nothing wrong with my health dumbass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 min Truth is might 10,466
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 4 min USA 11,284
News 5 Words Trump Forgot to Say in First Debate 3 hr Wildchild 24
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr J ValJean 142,667
Are Mexicans aliens from another planet? (Sep '07) 4 hr NASA5356 4
The Political Insider article Exposes Hillary 6 hr The Truth 1
News Clinton, Trump poised for must-see debate showdown 7 hr Hatchethatti 1
More from around the web