The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 387807 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#212100 Nov 22, 2013
Rico the 147 IQ Hispanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically Bush's 19% disapproval rating far exceeds Obama's 39% disapproval rating. So once again, thank you for confirming that you voted for an idiot 2x.
LOL!!
As you libTARDS say:
he has 3 + years to DO that - to go

D
O
W
N

:)

I hear he "does" that in ...
the Chicago bath houses :)

“for whom the bell tolls”

Level 6

Since: Dec 10

fate is the hunter

#212101 Nov 22, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Republican EXTREMISTS have clearly demonstrated that their austerity measures that decrease or eliminate food programs for the poor are a stated objective. Where the h*ll have you been when it comes to SNAP? Are you intentionally not acknowledging the reality? Please explain how it is that you believe otherwise and provide SOME example where there is legislation that demonstrates Repubican commitment to feeding poor children. Not just children. Their policy recommendations include vets:
GOP Food Stamp Cuts Would Kick 170,000 Vets Out of the Program
—By Erika Eichelberger
Mon Nov. 11, 2013
Republicans will salute America's veterans Monday, while simultaneously trying to deny them benefits. In addition to reducing housing aid, and denying health care to vets, the GOP is also trying to remove thousands of vets from the food stamp program, known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP.
At least 900,000 veterans rely on SNAP. The House Republican version of the farm bill, the five-year piece of legislation that funds nutrition and agriculture provisions, would slash funding for the food stamps program by nearly $40 billion and boot 2.8 million people off the program next year. That includes 170,000 veterans, who would be removed through a provision in the bill that would eliminate food stamps eligibility for non-elderly jobless adults who can't find work or an opening in a job training program.(cont.)
House Republicans Pass Deep Cuts in Food Stamps
By RON NIXON
September 19, 2013
WASHINGTON — House Republicans narrowly pushed through a bill on Thursday that slashes billions of dollars from the food stamp program, over the objections of Democrats and a veto threat from President Obama.
The vote set up what promised to be a major clash with the Senate and dashed hopes for passage this year of a new five-year farm bill.
The vote was 217 to 210, largely along party lines.(cont.)
By Alain Sherter MoneyWatch November 3, 2013
Millions on food stamps facing benefits cuts
MoneyWatch) It is late October, so Adrianne Flowers is out of money to buy food for her family. That is no surprise. Feeding five kids is expensive, and the roughly $600 in food stamps she gets from the federal government never lasts the whole month. "I'm barely making it," said the 31-year-old Washington, D.C., resident and single mother.
Starting Friday, the money is likely to run out even quicker.
That is when Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, benefits are set to fall for more than 47 million lower-income people -- 1 in 7 Americans -- most of whom live in households with children, seniors or people with disabilities. Barring congressional intervention, the maximum payment for a family of four will shrink from $668 a month to $632, or $432 over the course of a year.
That amounts to 21 meals per month, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The cuts will leave participants in the program, better known as food stamps, with an average of $1.40 to spend on each meal. The amount people get could sink even more if Congress makes deeper cuts later this year when House and Senate lawmakers try to hammer out a farm bill.(cont.)
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/millions-on-food-...
Want more? Let me know.
Here's some good news Ma'am,

Benefits for vets to increase 1.5 percent, starting Jan. 1

The annual cost of living increase was signed into law Thursday by President Barack Obama.
http://www.stripes.com/news/veterans/benefits...

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#212103 Nov 22, 2013
The internet bulling case in FL is dropped just like I predicted and now the sheriff had better get a lawyer..

Charges dropped against girls in Florida cyber-bullying suicide case

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, who slapped the 12-year-old and 14-year-old with a third-degree felony, defended that decision even as a lawyer for one of the girls said he might sue him.
“He should get a lawyer and a darn good one because he’s gonna need it," Jose Baez, who represents the younger girl, said of Judd.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/20/21...

Eagle
American Lady

Danville, KY

#212105 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Jealous much?
of WHAT ...
libTARDS ...

ha ha ha ha ha

~-~

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Rest well Brother

#212108 Nov 22, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>So are you saying what Eagle posted didn't happen just because you think the source isn't mainstream?
I couldn't confirm it so I commented on it as a story instead of a article when I posted it.. Still I can see that happening and the lady having a gun in her purse.. Since these thugs are not interested in robbing their victims and not always knock their victims out..

Eagle
Emile Zola

Los Angeles, CA

#212110 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
It's funny how you think people are listening to you. Just go back to judge it duty.
Pardonme, but their ineptness even at that is beyond comprehension. I've written to Topix for an evaluation on their crib-toy antics, so that Topix hopefully come up with another gimmick for those who cannot enunciate...

Dear Topix,
Please get rid of those judge-its.
They distract and mislead posters by misinterpreting a good or bad post. Most posters will look at those judge-its and decide whether to read or not read a post. and therefore many a good debate or discussion has been waylaid by this juvenile prop gimmick.
Topix is defeating its own purpose for keeping a healthy populated forum interested in discussion. These invention has run its course, PLEASE discard this gimmick. Or at least take a survey or poll to see what the posters think.
Thank you.
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#212111 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Of all the videos you could have posted, you post one of a guy having something up his azz.
Guess it just goes to show how people perceive your wimpy Dumbazz!

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Rest well Brother

#212112 Nov 22, 2013
X Crypsis X wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some good news Ma'am,
Benefits for vets to increase 1.5 percent, starting Jan. 1
The annual cost of living increase was signed into law Thursday by President Barack Obama.
http://www.stripes.com/news/veterans/benefits...
Everyone on SS will get the increase as well..

Eagle

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#212114 Nov 22, 2013
Wednesday, Nov 20, 2013 11:21 AM EST

Ashton Kutcher vs. Wal-Mart: Epic Twitter clash rages over poverty wages

Kutcher slams retailer:“You should be proud of your associates but I’m not sure if they should be proud of you”

Josh Eidelson

.......... But perhaps the most interesting aspect was Wal-Mart’s assertion that the “majority of our workforce is full-time and makes more than 25,000/ year,” which contrasts with other claims.

As I’ve reported, OUR Walmart last month seized on Wal-Mart’s U.S. CEO Bill Simon’s September statement to Goldman Sachs that “over 475,000” U.S. employees earned over $25,000 last year; activists said that was evidence that the majority of Wal-Mart’s 1.3 million direct U.S. employees did not. Asked about that argument, company spokesperson Kory Lundberg last month told Salon that Wal-Mart had “hundreds of thousands of associates that make more than $25,000 a year,” and told the Huffington Post that Simon was referring to “over 475,000” out of a pool of about 1 million store workers, not out of the full 1.3 million in the U.S. workforce. Wal-Mart did not immediately respond to Wednesday inquiries regarding the size of the [email protected] mentioned, and whether it included temp workers, managers and/or employees in other countries. While Wal-Mart has said its average U.S. hourly wage is $12.78, that number excludes part-time workers and includes managers; OUR Walmart has estimated the wage at below $9, and called on the company to establish a minimum wage of $25,000 a year. A report from the progressive think tank Demos argues Wal-Mart could do so just by redirecting the money it currently spends on repurchasing its own stock.

Kutcher has recently been celebrated by the Heritage Foundation for saying that “There’s an entitlement that’s starting to emerge that I think is unhealthy for people and unhealthy for a country” and “I think the only thing that can be below you is to not have a job.”

http://www.salon.com/2013/11/20/ashton_kutche...
racer42

Palo Alto, CA

#212115 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Sorry short stack but nobody beats Fox News with the bullsh*t.
As usual, Freeko, wrong on all counts. Getting to be a real habit with you.
racer42

Palo Alto, CA

#212116 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
I bet you're stupid enough to say that to my face and when you wake up on the ground from getting your azz beat by me... you'd immediately play the victim like a typical fking coward.
I'd say that to your face in a heartbeat, loser. You'd better have a cell phone along with you cause you'd definitely need an ambulance after I got through with you.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#212117 Nov 22, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>Just because you may not be able to verify it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I think you just don't want to believe it.
That would be what YOU think. Nevertheless, I tried to find a reliable news source BEFORE I came back here and commented on the "story" in the first place and couldn't find one. This is just a case of makesh*tup.
Ricos mama

Redlands, CA

#212118 Nov 22, 2013
Who wants a free Blumpkin?

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#212121 Nov 22, 2013
I can't help it. He is my least favorite extremist hypocrite next to the oh, so snobby bigot Rand Paul, so I enjoyed this:

Wednesday, Nov 20, 2013 11:19 AM EST
TED CRUZ REVEALS HE’S A THIN-SKINNED HYPOCRITE

http://www.salon.com/2013/11/20/ted_cruz_reve...

The Texas senator gets huffy with CNN, then reveals his bogus, anti-states’ rights plan to replace the ACA

Joan Walsh

Sen. Ted Cruz pretends to be a tough guy, but mostly he spends his time trashing Democrats in front of adoring right-wing crowds and conservative journalists. On Wednesday he sat down with CNN’s Chris Cuomo – you didn’t expect him to go to MSNBC, did you?– and showed himself to be incredibly thin-skinned when pressed just a little on how he would replace the Affordable Care Act he wants to repeal. It was an interesting window on Cruz’s temperament as well as his cynical, threadbare “policy” agenda.

Cuomo asked Cruz how he would replace the law he inveighs against, and as usual, Cruz dodged the question and kept on inveighing instead. Cuomo followed up.“You don’t think that you have a responsibility as a U.S. senator to do better than that, in terms of offering a solution for what to do next?” he asked.

And Cruz shot back:“Well, I appreciate your trying to lecture me in the morning.”

Cuomo didn’t leave it there.

“No, no, no, not at all, Senator. I’m worried, same as you, anybody who looks at the situation has worries.”

So Cruz tried to turn the tables.“If you’re worried, did you speak out for the 5 million people who have lost their health insurance?”

Cuomo had an answer:“Absolutely — we’ve been covering it doggedly. The problem is, I don’t have the power to fix it. You do. That’s what a U.S. senator does, is you sponsor law. You know this. It’s not a lecture, it’s a concern; I’m asking, what are you going to do about it?”

Apparently Cruz isn’t used to being grilled. Cuomo got him to share what passes for an answer from conservatives these days:“Let people purchase health insurance across state lines.”

Wow. That’s what Princeton and Harvard Law degrees get you: a warmed-over right wing non-plan that’s been around forever. As Ezra Klein reported back in 2010, the Congressional Budget Office looked at it in 2005 and found it didn’t reduce the number of uninsured and would only save the federal government $12 billion over the next eight years.(By contrast, the CBO says the ACA will reduce the deficit by $41 billion in 2013 alone.)

The CBO also found that allowing people to buy insurance plans across state lines would “make insurance more expensive for the sick and cheaper for the healthy, and lead to more healthy people with insurance and fewer sick people with insurance.” Other than that, it’s a terrific idea.

Of course, insurers like Cruz’s non-plan because it would mean a boon for the states that provide the least regulation and thus encourage the “cheapest” but least protective insurance policies. Rather than insuring states’ rights and competition, which conservatives pretend to like, it would, in effect, create a national insurance-regulation standard, as states then raced to the bottom to compete. Of course, a state’s “rights” usually diminish, for conservatives, whenever that state decides to give its citizens more power and its corporations less.

So in just one morning, Ted Cruz was revealed as a wuss, a hypocrite and a policy lightweight. The last one doesn’t matter on the right, but the first two won’t wear well in a presidential race. Kudos to Cuomo for not accepting Tea Party platitudes as a substitute for governing proposals.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#212126 Nov 22, 2013
Ricos mama wrote:
Who wants a free Blumpkin?
What a loser you are. I finally had to go look up what that meant, and it tells me lot more about you than those you address with your trash speak, you lowlife loser. You must live in an alleyway somewhere on skid row, you sick pervert.
American LaDY

Danville, KY

#212127 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Poor American Lady... your own link was used against you and now you're angry.
LMFAO!!
Bush has a horrid disapproval rating when compared to Obama.
That's a fact from your own link so sit & spin on it you LOSER!
HAHAHAAHA!!
Used 'againSt' ME ...???

ha ha ha ha ha
only by a 'tool'
called a "useful Idiot"

you are NOT
quite 'UP to speed'
to KNOW

How "I" feel ...

You are NOT 'even' in my "realm" ...
except here on this 'rag' they call Topix.

dumChit!
American LaDY

Danville, KY

#212129 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
If you don't like Topix you can leave.
That's WHY Bonnie ...DID!
CUZ
of useless IDIOTS
like you
and your ILK ...

With your use of profanity, LIES and continuous BS!
There's NO 'comity' ANYMORE!

;~)
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#212131 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
You just don't get it do you ya dum*azz.... deflecting from the fact that Fox News has a reputation for lying their azzes off to ignoramuses like you doesn't change the fact that Fox News has a reputation for lying their azzes off to ignoramuses like you!
You hate the Fact that Fox tells the truth about Illegal Aliens, Obama and the Democrap agenda!
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#212135 Nov 22, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>What a loser you are. I finally had to go look up what that meant, and it tells me lot more about you than those you address with your trash speak, you lowlife loser. You must live in an alleyway somewhere on skid row, you sick pervert.
Guess it sucks when some one does the same thing to Rico/BOC that he does don`t it?

Poor old skankazoid, don`t cry now!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#212136 Nov 22, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>So maybe somebody got a scoop and everyone else is just reading about it. It happens all the time. I mean little old lady isn't like to seeks the highest bidder for her story so maybe it is just local right now. We'll see.
It WAS explained to her that it was a 'story.'
She CHOSE to "run away with it" ...
Like a runaway TRAIN!
Had she 'clicked' the link, she WOULD HAVE SEEN this!

Knockout game turns deadly : 60 Year Old Woman Shoots and Kills 2 Teens After Being Punched

NOTE: Meanwhile, conspiracy theory forums are debating over whether this is even a legitimate story or just ‘fair warning’ to those about to attempt such a heinous act. Video clips also below.
http://beforeitsnews.com/u-s-politics/2013/11...

S/he/it just wants to w-h-i-n-e ...

la waa la waaa la waaaaaaaaaaaaa

;~)

Offer her some cheEZe ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 1 hr Ismail 515
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 hr woodtick57 2,962
News SF Labor Council Demands An End To Deportations... 3 hr Bama Yankee 1
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr Just Slim 141,549
News Newspapers Mourn High Court Removing Obama 'Shi... 3 hr Snidely70448 3
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 3 hr Blue November 6,599
News Neither Candidate Is Getting the Immigration Is... 3 hr Bama Yankee 3
More from around the web