The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409341 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#212041 Nov 22, 2013
Eupghenia wrote:
<quoted text>....... It is a pattern you use as the excuse when you think old posters have left..........way too much nonsense - needed space).........
That's incorrect. I've always assumed that there are several "old posters" who have never left. In fact, I'm confident you are one of the old posters who never left. You just embarrass yourselves, infuriate decent people with your racism, prejudice and xenophobia, and once you have alienated reasonable folks who once agreed with SOME of your perspectives, you know it won't be forgotten or overlooked. You have to hide like cowards.

Then, you behave like immature jerks, say awful things, lie about people, get vulgar, etc.- all while wearing troll and sock puppet attire. Some of you have behaved in this manner for so long that you set up registered accounts to fall back on years ago. You used them infrequently, but you pull them out now and then because they haven't YET been bumped. Well, a few of them haven't anyway.

You are apparently unfathomably threatened by where I live. I honestly cannot figure out why this bothers you so. Some of the people I most admired when they were still posting here (before you ignorant haters drove them away) were not in the least well off. In fact, one lived in a double-wide. That poster was intelligent, insightful, a fine human being. Another lived in a small apartment and lived very frugally. So? The fact that I don't is important only because I came from very tough young adult circumstances where at one point in time, four of us slept sideways on a lumpy king sized mattress in a one bedroom apartment having already lived years on mac and cheese and beans and taters. Through the blessings of having been "born in the U.S.A.", I was able to work my way into a better life.

I promised my children they could do that too, and today, I'm not very confident I haven't misled them even though I DO have hope. It's become very difficult for them to do what I did. I want the same options and opportunities I had for my grandchildren - for all of our children in America. You want to pretend that none of the good things that happened happened. Well, they did, and that's why your lies are perplexing. It can only be personal, and it's a contradiction in what you should surely want for YOUR children and your grandchildren (if you have any or one day will.)

I am not comparing myself to the wealthy, nor do I resent wealthy people, but I am very surely an example of how you can better yourself through education, hard work, and commitment. I DID - no matter how that irks your azz. Keep makin' stuff up.

Americans deserve better than to be controlled by oligarchs and treated so disrespectfully and devalued.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

United States

#212042 Nov 22, 2013
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
hey rosie,long time no see.you still blowing truck drivers at the local truck stop?
You represent the far-right posters and this filthy thread well.

Keep up the good work, "Dave."

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#212043 Nov 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Now you trust Fox news?
<quoted text>She stopped too soon and didn't get to the issue:
"Scientists aboard the company's jets do occasionally perform scientific research such as measuring atmospheric greenhouse gases and ozone, justifying the perks from NASA, the agency said."
Fortunately, the Department of Defense stopped this back in August.
<quoted text>This is an old defamation:
"Our moral values, in contradistinction to the Republicans, is, we don't think kids ought to go to bed hungry at night."
H. Dean
Government spending is wasteful by nature, it's not their money. Cut wasteful government spending, repeal intrusive regulations and stop higher taxes.
Sorry, you added in the justification for the "perks" - which justification has since been cancelled as obviously not valid. Would you like to post the part that counts?

LOL

"Fortunately, the Department of Defense stopped this back in August."

THE END OF PERTINENT QUOTE.

BUSTED!

Feeding children? Not important, huh?

Let's talk about bi-partisan support for corporate welfare. Before it goes away, do know that even small businesses have had years of tax breaks under the "bonus depreciation" tax code under The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 which the President signed into law:

With Tax Break, Corporate Rate Is Lowest in Decades

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...

Updated Feb. 3, 2012

WASHINGTON—U.S. companies are booking higher profits than ever. But the number crunchers in Washington are puzzling over a phenomenon that has just come into view: Corporate tax receipts as a share of profits are at their lowest level in at least 40 years.

Total corporate federal taxes paid fell to 12.1% of profits earned from activities within the U.S. in fiscal 2011, which ended Sept. 30, according to the Congressional Budget Office. That's the lowest level since at least 1972. And well below the 25.6% companies paid on average from 1987 to 2008.

Corporate income-tax receipts typically fall during recessions, and they declined sharply after the 2008 financial crisis, which wiped out big swaths of profits across the huge financial sector. But U.S. profits have rebounded sharply in recent quarters, while tax receipts have stayed low.(cont.)

I am promoting SHARED participation that includes American LABOR by allowing that labor to remain motivated and productive as participants.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#212046 Nov 22, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of deaf, dumb and blind, here's an example of our tax dollars at work through the Department of Defense:
GOOGLE BILLIONAIRES JET-SETTING TO EXOTIC SPOTS AND TAXPAYERS APPEAR TO PAY PART OF BILL
Published November 21, 2013
FoxNews.com
Google's top execs are using the company's private fleet of jets to fly to some of the world's most exotic vacation spots -- and taxpayers appear to be footing part of the bill.
....When they aren't grounded at NASA's Moffett Field, the search engine's jets guzzle government fuel to carry Google's billionaire bosses to Tahiti, Hawaii and a host of private Caribbean beaches, according to a detailed analysis reviewed by FoxNews.com .
Google - and the government - say the free parking and discounted fuel are justified because of the scientific research the company does with the space agency. But the data shows trips may be more about surf than science, said Drew Johnson, a fellow at the Center for Individual Freedom.
“It appears that Google’s jets perform very little actual scientific research (unless calculating the circumference of Mai Tai umbrellas on the beaches of Babelthuap somehow qualifies),” Johnson wrote.
Google execs Larry Page and Sergey Brin own five airplanes that range from sleek Gulfstreams to giant Boeing 757s and even a Dassault fighter jet. Operated by a private holding company called H211, the fleet flies out of a hangar in Silicon Valley's Moffett Field, a government-owned and -operated facility.
But after a GAO investigation and a few letters from Sen. Chuck Grassley, R.-Iowa, THE DEFENSE DEPARTMENT unexpectedly ended the agreement this August.
That was after years of discount gas purchases fueling, among other jaunts, 25 flights to the tiny Caribbean paradise of Anguila between Dec. 28, 2008, and April 5, 2013. There were also 25 trips to beautiful Tortola in the British Virgin Islands between April 11, 2009, and March 27, 2013.
Hawaii and Tahiti are apparently also popular destinations for Google’s jet-setting playboy executives, according to the analysis. There are 18 flights listed to Faa’a International Airport in Tahiti and 32 flights to a variety of destinations in Hawaii.(See full article at link)
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/11/21/google...
Republicans would rather children go hungry than take a good look at wasteful spending in the HUGE budget for Defense and taxpayer funded CORPORATE welfare.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/02/seven-stupi...
Euphhenia

Switzerland

#212047 Nov 22, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's incorrect. I've always assumed that there are several "old posters" who have never left. In fact, I'm confident you are one of the old posters who never left. You just embarrass yourselves, infuriate decent people with your racism, prejudice and xenophobia, and once you have alienated reasonable folks who once agreed with SOME of your perspectives, you know it won't be forgotten or overlooked. You have to hide like cowards.
Then, you behave like immature jerks, say awful things, lie about people, get vulgar, etc.- all while wearing troll and sock puppet attire. Some of you have behaved in this manner for so long that you set up registered accounts to fall back on years ago. You used them infrequently, but you pull them out now and then because they haven't YET been bumped. Well, a few of them haven't anyway.
You are apparently unfathomably threatened by where I live. I honestly cannot figure out why this bothers you so. Some of the people I most admired when they were still posting here (before you ignorant haters drove them away) were not in the least well off. In fact, one lived in a double-wide. That poster was intelligent, insightful, a fine human being. Another lived in a small apartment and lived very frugally. So? The fact that I don't is important only because I came from very tough young adult circumstances where at one point in time, four of us slept sideways on a lumpy king sized mattress in a one bedroom apartment having already lived years on mac and cheese and beans and taters. Through the blessings of having been "born in the U.S.A.", I was able to work my way into a better life.
I promised my children they could do that too, and today, I'm not very confident I haven't misled them even though I DO have hope. It's become very difficult for them to do what I did. I want the same options and opportunities I had for my grandchildren - for all of our children in America. You want to pretend that none of the good things that happened happened. Well, they did, and that's why your lies are perplexing. It can only be personal, and it's a contradiction in what you should surely want for YOUR children and your grandchildren (if you have any or one day will.)
I am not comparing myself to the wealthy, nor do I resent wealthy people, but I am very surely an example of how you can better yourself through education, hard work, and commitment. I DID - no matter how that irks your azz. Keep makin' stuff up.
Americans deserve better than to be controlled by oligarchs and treated so disrespectfully and devalued.
Dear, I did not read this? The pattern is to lie some more, then make up excuses. Dear, there is nothing new.

You know YOU are a liar, dear! No one in their right mind would put what you have on here IF it belonged to them. Too dangerous! That is the truth, dear. The truth for so many reasons.

Dear you are one old fruit that is getting tossed in the garbage where it belongs. This is exactly why you cannot stand Ky. posters being on this thread.

You can't lie like you did on Captain Jacks Tavern or the Arizona thread and others...you get busted. Nothing personal except you should not lie. The Internet is not real life, remember? It's yours, dear! Get a life as you prove you don't have one.

You get another drive by fruiting, dear! Dear, you do not intimidate some like you hope to.
JBH

Surrey, Canada

#212048 Nov 22, 2013
++++===

Former President George W. Bush says he's "not too worried" about how history will judge his presidency.

"I did the best I could do," Bush told Tonight Show host Jay Leno "I'm also very comfortable with the fact that it's going take a while for history to judge whether the decisions I made are consequential or not. And therefore, I'm not too worried about it."

He said history is still fully assessing the legacies of previous presidents.

"I've read some biographies of Washington," Bush said. "My attitude is if they're still writing biographies of the first guy, the 43rd guy doesn't need to worry about it."

Via Talking Points Memo

++++++====

Regarding the above, it shows there is a president called Bush who lied about war in Iraq and still never gets conscious to the fact it was--he lied.

That shows the defeat of Usa as a liars' nation to its people and the world.
Because there was Bush, then there came Obama to be president from opposing the war of Iraq. Yet, he is another liar, by declaring "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq--which is equal to mission accomplished by killing 5000 US soldiers and trillions of US dollars disposed at Iraq.
There you came with Obama by doing more on Patriot Act started by Bush, snooping and spying on more civilians, and using more drones to kill more innocent people.

The subject of the focal point is who would continue and promote Bush programs. Obviously, it would be Obama because he is doing the same Bush programs on nailing down on North Korea and Iran on nuclear weapons issue as well.
Even Russia's Putin falls into doing as the same Bush clown by telling North Korea to ban nuclear and WMD and on Iran too of the same thing. While Usa stations anti-missile system in Romania and Russia gets angry on that, how would Russia talk something about North Korea and Iran for US, as al-qaeda bombed Iran embassy too, besides bombing US embassy in Libya? There shows Russia would not go far as well since it just tries to balance its Asia policy by making gesture to South Korea for linkage to Europe in retrospect to North Korea lately.

Today, people are concerned that it seems US is a more dangerous and evil nation than other ones by lying from doing Bush programs continuously even he is gone. North Korea and Iran have been more peaceful all along for many years while US is not. It was US which first used atomic bombs to Japan and used military to lie to make war in Iraq and do lots of drones inside and around the world. But US lost about 48,000 soldiers fighting North Korea in the Korea War. As US could not win wars with its modern technological weapons, watch out China that its military is gaining forces and uprising. It is thus ridiculous for such lacking real sense way to talk about others like North Korea and Iran which have not done those of any making wars AND aggression BEFORE, but just want to have nuclear weapons for their defense, while US was not.
The final story is that Usa has been uncovered as a liars' nation with liar presidents time after time, from Bush to Obama with no change--perhaps that was why John F. Kennedy was assassinated.

There you go again--just who would follow what US says, from North Korea to Iran and now about Phillipine's big typhoon disaster? Because US could not even take care of its people in its Katrina Hurricane syndrome and in other things, and it wants to show caring of others, that is simply appalling.

AIN'T THAT SO--to put it in proper wording, isn't that really so as that is all such means to you?
Euphhenia

Switzerland

#212049 Nov 22, 2013
Rico the 147 IQ Hispanic wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be funny. A bunch of impotent angry old men circle jerking & blaming each other for their inability to keep it up.
NTRPRNTT, we know its you, dear! You can't find a man that will let you jerk him around or up and down? All you can get is one who is impotent. Dear, that is what happens when you get old.

Drive by fruiting!@_@
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#212050 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
That would be funny. A bunch of impotent angry old men circle jerking & blaming each other for their inability to keep it up.
Careful you will get Freak8 exited. She would like even that kind of action.
racer42

Palo Alto, CA

#212051 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
You mean my hand smacking your punk face!
How are you planning on doing that unless you buy a pair of stilts and fortify your courage with several shots of tequila?
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#212053 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
I forgot to account for the curb in your Joke of a Video. So that takes another 3 to 4 inches off your height. LMAO!

American Lady

Danville, KY

#212055 Nov 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
White House blocks access to Obama events, news groups say
BY ANITA KUMAR
McClatchy Washington BureauNovember 21, 2013
WASHINGTON — The nation’s largest news organizations lodged a complaint Thursday against the White House for imposing unprecedented limitations on photojournalists covering President Barack Obama, which they say have harmed the public’s ability to monitor its own government.
The organizations accuse the White House of banning photojournalists from covering Obama at some events, and then later releasing its own photos and videos of the same events.
“Journalists are routinely being denied the right to photograph or videotape the president while he is performing his official duties,” according to a letter the organizations sent to the White House.“As surely as if they were placing a hand over a journalist’s camera lens, officials in this administration are blocking the public from having an independent view of important functions of the executive branch of government.”
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/11/21/209352/...
Thank You!
GREAT post
-n-
info

:)

YepperZ ...
THE useful
*Idiots*
VOTED
for
THIS!

Not once
BUT
some ...
T~W~I~C~E

~-~

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#212058 Nov 22, 2013
Euphhenia wrote:
<quoted text>Dear, I did not read this? The pattern is to lie some more, then make up excuses. Dear, there is nothing new.
You know YOU are a liar, dear! No one in their right mind would put what you have on here IF it belonged to them. Too dangerous! That is the truth, dear. The truth for so many reasons.
Dear you are one old fruit that is getting tossed in the garbage where it belongs. This is exactly why you cannot stand Ky. posters being on this thread.
You can't lie like you did on Captain Jacks Tavern or the Arizona thread and others...you get busted. Nothing personal except you should not lie. The Internet is not real life, remember? It's yours, dear! Get a life as you prove you don't have one.
You get another drive by fruiting, dear! Dear, you do not intimidate some like you hope to.
Oh, I don't want to intimidate you. That wasn't the point.:-)

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#212061 Nov 22, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think you're so special? It's true, isn't it. People like you who sit in judgement of others, always see themselves as the exception, non-typical. You always had it tougher, you had to work much harder, much longer, and under uniquely difficult conditions. Since you imagine some fatcat CEO couldn't possibly have had it as bad as you did, you deserve what you have, he doesn't.
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#212063 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Like this?

Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#212064 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
She's a female so that would be normal. What's not normal is how you'd be the one in the center getting that all natural stickyface.
Sure thing there BOC.

[email protected]
DR STRANGELOVE

Los Angeles, CA

#212067 Nov 22, 2013
We have us a right wing judge it masturbator lurking upon us today.
LOL!!!
The bunch of Circle Jerks would rather beat on Topix phallus Judge-it tallywhachers than their own, it's the only satisfaction they can 'Come' up with.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#212068 Nov 22, 2013
We have us a right wing judge it masturbator lurking upon us today.
LOL!!!
That's the sum total of their "contributions" to any reasonable discussion. They're back there just a "clicking"away, all hunched over and wringing their hands in glee.
Bwaaaa, haaa, haaaa haaa!

Poor old drunken sot man has been here since early. I have to wonder what that West Coast dust country drug runner, the boastful goat, promised him to prompt him to start so early in the day? Now, don't forget they were able to "retire" the Bonnie gray box for awhile, so that left more "click" time for that player.

Lee Harvey Jr

South San Francisco, CA

#212069 Nov 22, 2013
Bummer, I thought there was going to be a parade today in Dallas for the inept President
Ricos Mama

South San Francisco, CA

#212070 Nov 22, 2013
I love it when my son Rico and his mexi pals all bang me with their 3 inch tools, yummo
Barak Oblumpkin

Temecula, CA

#212071 Nov 22, 2013
Ricos Mama wrote:
I love it when my son Rico and his mexi pals all bang me with their 3 inch tools, yummo
LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 4 min Dee Dee Dee 14,872
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 6 min President Donald ... 17,947
News Congress looks to punish 'sanctuary campus' col... 1 hr tomin cali 1
News Obama approval hits 60% at end of term 1 hr lolol 11
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr D Valens 144,066
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 1 hr leprechauna 291
News Anti-Illegal Immigration Groups Vilify County O... 2 hr spytheweb 2
More from around the web