The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 336994 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Anothers Worlds

Switzerland

#210385 Nov 18, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, poor pitiful pearl......you are incapable of reading comprehension. No dead dental student became a doctor. The doctor had a daughter whose true love was a dental student who died in a tragic accident after falling from a tractor and bleeding to death from his injuries because nobody was there to know what had happened until it was too late. The daughter was and is my dear dear friend.
I feel sorry for you. You're just stoopid.
No, no, don't go there, and start lying again. The good dr. you mentioned is about your age as you have put yours on here. You claimed you were friends with the good drs. wife at first. Now you claim it was their daughter. that daughter of theirs if you were friends, you would have known she got married in Indiana back in 2011 or 12. Funny you denied that. You will not get away with the lies you posted on other threads------- on this thread. Too many people know better because they really live in Ky. near where you say you do. They know you are lying. You know they know. You are the stoopid one. We feel really sorry for you, you poor pitiful digger! Bloody sick to do what you have on here with names, claims to property not belonging to you, all just to impress. You are worse than stoopid, thats just sick!

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#210386 Nov 18, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Many pay scales have not risen since the 70`s. And common practice used to be back then that an employee could come in , learn and move up in the company.
Then they started the practice of requiring an employee to already have the training or Schooling prior to being hired. The only way one could get that training was to go to a vocational college or Some community college to get it.
But Most Employers then required people to have 3 to 5 years of previous experience before being hired. Then came the Illegals who would work for 1/3 or 1/2 the wage, without any benefits. and so here we are.
I never required experience when hiring someone I'd rather they were green to teach them the right way of doing things.. I don't or never have hired someone that had vocational training but Timberlake hired a couple of germans once that did.. And to be honest they didn't know anything about framed cabinets just frameless like used in europe.. They didn't last 6 months..

Eagle

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#210390 Nov 18, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I understand what you are saying but I don't agree that we should do away with help for those in need. I've seen the effects of that and it's far worse then being taken by abusers of the system.
I think we should unleash a brigade of pissed off drill instructors on the social services offices across the land to tighten up the civilian scumbags and force them to learn a set of values to live by. At the same time we should appoint thousands of military lawyers to investigate fraud, waste and abuse in the social services sector. Not to get rid of them but to break them down and build them up into honorable people with integrity and courage. Show them the errors in their ways and reassure them that if at any point in the future that suspicion raises it's ugly head that those drill instructors and military investigators would be back in full force.
Rico

Los Angeles, CA

#210391 Nov 18, 2013
I like the one in the red dress.

Buenas Noches From A Lonely Room:
Quirky

Denver, CO

#210392 Nov 18, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No they sold their trademark's to another company's..
Eagle
It was sold to a Mexican Bakery Company.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Ocala, FL

#210393 Nov 18, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I was the first to show how it fit our conversation and then you tried to highjack it and somehow twist it into a point against me. It was one of my key complaints and you had already previously expressed agreement with me on it.
Dude, your are dancing, twisting, spinning, diverting, distracting and dodging as much as any left wing extremist I have ever dealt with. Lol! And you sure have run away from the claim you made about inflation and taxes eating up any gain people would get from a minimum wage increase.
I already provided you a link to the facts.. The fact is you didn't like them regarding min. wage.. Its all about cause and effect and now you want small companies to go out of business with very low profit margins..

Eagle

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

United States

#210394 Nov 18, 2013
Up in Smoke wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
One Toke over the line
http://youtu.be/1MeAjew_kYU
Brewer and Shipley
LOL For my friends.
Wildwood weed.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Ocala, FL

#210395 Nov 18, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>And of course you want them to work cheaper than a nailgun. You don't have a business, you have a slave labor racket.
No what I have is a well trained crew that knows how to use the tools on site.. Never in the last 25 years had I had to take a employee to the ER for cutting off a finger.. I went and finished more jobs than I can count with blood splattered all over the walls of some fools not respecting their tools..

Eagle

“no one told me”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#210396 Nov 18, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I speak of the makers being robbed by the takers and you try to make it all about race. It's not my fault your children are black so quit using my comments as a launchpad for your off topic agenda old lady.
Greta showed clips of groids playing "knockout" one came up behind a white WOMAN and coldcocked her knocking her out. Could have been one of NTR's descendents or Oblamers "sons".
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#210397 Nov 18, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I already provided you a link to the facts.. The fact is you didn't like them regarding min. wage.. Its all about cause and effect and now you want small companies to go out of business with very low profit margins..
Eagle
Yep!

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#210398 Nov 18, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> Let's continue:
As he traveled through the rural West, journalist Joel Dyer constantly heard these refrains:“Environmentalists wouldn’t let me run my cows cause some damn little sparrow they said was endangered lived on my place,”“They took my farm,”“The IRS took everything I owned.”“These people believe the government is responsible for where they are, because they are finding themselves ignored, basically, by the economic system. People are losing their homes, their farms, their jobs, their sources of income. Corporations have been allowed to move wherever they want, and to take away jobs by the truckload. People are becoming economically dispossessed.”
NAFTA took away American jobs; what they see as the “Burger King” economy leaves no room at the top, so “many youngsters see themselves as being forced to compete with nonwhites for the available minimum wage, service economy jobs that have replaced their parents’ unionized industry opportunities.”
That such ardent patriots are so passionately antigovernment might strike the observer as contradictory. After all, are these not the same men who served their country in Vietnam or in the Gulf War? Are these not the same men who believe so passionately in the American Dream? Are they not the backbone of the Reagan Revolution? Indeed, they are. The extreme Right faces the difficult cognitive task of maintaining their faith in America and in capitalism and simultaneously providing an analysis of an indifferent state, at best, or an actively interventionist one, at worst, and a way to embrace capitalism, despite a cynical corporate logic that leaves them, often literally, out in the cold—homeless, jobless, hopeless.
(cont.)
Are you keeping up, Steve? Stay with me, please.
US Secretary of State Kerry: "The Monroe Doctrine is Over"
http://www.laht.com/article.asp...
Under President Obama’s leadership, we’ve also helped expand the region’s participation in the Trans-Pacific Partnership, taking it beyond Chile and Peru to include Canada and Mexico. And we have redoubled our commitment to NAFTA, the greatest single step toward shared prosperity in this hemisphere, which I am pleased to say also I voted for at a time when I think people remember it was very contentious and very difficult. But all of us know – can’t rest on those agreements alone. That’s not enough. We know we can do more. And if we do more, the Western Hemisphere will continue to be a leader in the global markets for decades to come.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Ocala, FL

#210399 Nov 18, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>What about IRS for the under the table guys and what about now?
State WC inspectors go out and levy fines against the employer when illegal labor is on site.. I would think they would contact IRS but perhaps not..

Eagle

“no one told me”

Level 1

Denver

#210400 Nov 18, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
What the Founding Fathers Believed: Stock Ownership for All
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/businessdesk/2013...
Our forefathers, George, John, Tom, James, and even Alexander, would, we believe, approve of this path for overcoming the danger to the country of wealth inequality. The Constitution begins, "We the People," not "We the Billionaires." We will better preserve or restore the reality of "We the People" if more of us have an ownership stake as well as work stake in our economy. The founders believed that a democratic republic required wide ownership of property and a bustling middle class to ensure its very existence.
Total horsecrap, Benedict.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Carlos, CA

#210401 Nov 18, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
But your screen name isn't "My Wild Irish Rose" now is it? It's "Wild Irish Rose" and that's a cheap bottom shelf bottle of rot gut whiskey.
http://blog.al.com/rivercityviews/medium_wild...
Wow, you really don't have much of a life do you?

It wouldn't have made any sense to call myself "My Wild Irish Rose."

I dropped the "My" and that's why it's simply "Wild Irish Rose." I had never heard of the wine or whiskey until some idiot like you hassled me about my screen name.

Now, you're just getting tedious, boring and beyond stupid.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#210402 Nov 18, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said any such thing, and you know it. Now you're behaving just like your fellow trolls here. LOL!
I also never said my screen name is a "brand of whiskey." It stands for the old Irish ballad "My Wild Irish Rose."
You lie just for the helluva it apparently. Thanks for proving what an azzhole you are. I knew it long ago though.
Most Massage therapy students are perverts. I went to a meeting dinner with some a while back and all they talked about was either how gross their client was or how Sexy they thought some client was. And they are fkn weird to say the least! They talk about how sexy it was when they get to see some clients personal parts .

Someone I know who had Dr. prescribed massage therapy went to receive it. And the Therapist invited him to go in a back room. When She the therapist started getting weird he had to stop her. Then She the therapist got all pissed and tried to turn it around on him claiming he was the one being sexual!

Even the Commercials on the TV show the Therapists on the Denver School of Massage therapy when you look at the people claiming to have graduated from there all look like a bunch of perverted Crack heads.

“no one told me”

Level 1

Denver

#210404 Nov 18, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
George Will on Obama:
"America has had some great presidents, many mediocre ones and a few bad ones. But we’ve never had one like Barack Obama. He’s the first who thinks the job is beneath him.
He’s the first who turns political give-and-take into a crisis by refusing to negotiate with Congress.
He’s the first who thinks the way to more power is to inflict pain on ordinary people.
The move to barricade the World War II memorial reveals the mentality of a tin-pot dictator. The limited government shutdown did not need to affect the memorial because it is open 24 hours, without gates and often without guards.
But to turn public opinion in his favor, Obama’s goons trucked in barricades to keep out World War II vets and other visitors. By one estimate, the barricades and workers cost $100,000.
The same punish-the-people attitude led to shutdowns of other parks and historic sites that get no federal funding.
“We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting,” a Park Service ranger told The Washington Times.
The ranger cited the order to close the parking lot at George Washington’s home in Mount Vernon so visitors couldn’t use it. The cheap trick captured the contrast between a revered president and the current one.
I’ve been saying for a while that there is no bottom to Obama. He’s not just ruthless. He’s without scruples and honor.
Now the shutdown has ended, it will bring only a temporary respite from the crisis atmosphere in Washington . When it comes to his countrymen, Obama always chooses conflict over cooperation.
Meanwhile, Jimmy Carter can rest easy. We have a new worst president."
Oblamer, the half black pretender, petulent, spiteful, vindictive, childish man boy. And pathological liar. And racist coward.
Health Care Navigator

Irvine, CA

#210406 Nov 18, 2013
Folks, I am 100% honest. I have taken an intensive 2 day course in helping folks get signed up for ObamaCare. My buds all think I will steal your identity and open bank accounts or take out credit cards in your names using your info.

This is false.

If you like your identity, you can keep it...PERIOD!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

United States

#210408 Nov 18, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
It was sold to a Mexican Bakery Company.
Is it "Bimbo"?

“no one told me”

Level 1

Denver

#210410 Nov 18, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole world of wacked-out wingnuts, of which you're a happy, demented member. You cannot think outside of the box you locked yourselves in, of course.
Coward, go away.

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#210411 Nov 18, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle
A fry cook at McDonald's starts out at $8 per hr and if he sticks it out and follows the program he can work his way up to store manager in less than a year and earn close to $15 an hour. If the minimum wage goes to $15 per hour that store manager isn't going to keep coming to work for the same salary as the help. He will demand a $7 raise as well. The factory that makes McDonald's french fry boxes will have to raise the cost of french fry boxes to pay for his $15 per hour newbie employees, his $25 production workers and his $40 per hour line supervisors. The plant that processed McDonald's fries will have to up their costs too. After the ripple effect of a minimum wage increase that large would cause the price of a Chocolate Shake and Fries to be $10 or more. McDonald's would have to shut down and all those $15 per hour fry cooks will be $0 per hour unemployed bums reminiscing the good old days when an unskilled laborer could get a job dunking precut frozen potatoes into hot oil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
green card for indian chinese and korean doctors 9 min Tinka 3
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 15 min Just Slim 138,705
News GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in deb... 1 hr goonsquad 16
News Are illegal immigrants bringing 'tremendous' di... 1 hr goonsquad 112
News Huntington Park to allow immigrants in U.S. ill... 2 hr concerned citizen 2
News San Francisco: Activists rally for immigrant ri... 9 hr Southwest border 8
News USA Today editors call for an end to "sanctuary... 9 hr Southwest border 5
More from around the web