The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 413300 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#208535 Nov 13, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Why Does The GOP Have A Problem With These People?

Posted: 11/13/2013

Filibuster, Politics News

WASHINGTON -- Senate Republicans filibustered another one of President Barack Obama's nominees on Tuesday: Nina Pillard, a Georgetown University law professor and a noncontroversial nominee to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals.

The Senate voted 56 to 41 to block Pillard's nomination. She needed 60 senators to vote in favor of bringing her confirmation to a floor vote, but only two Republicans, Sens. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Susan Collins (Maine), sided with Democrats to let her proceed.

Republicans readily admit their opposition to Pillard isn't about her. In fact, they don't really have a problem with any of Obama's picks for the D.C. Circuit, the second most powerful court in the nation. They just don't want him to fill its three vacancies. Many of them say the court isn't busy enough to warrant filling its empty seats; others make the counterintuitive argument that Obama is "court-packing" by filling routine vacancies. But both of those arguments gloss over the fact that the president, any president, has a constitutional duty to fill empty court seats, and barring extraordinary circumstances, the Senate is supposed to give nominees a vote.

Pillard's filibuster is the latest example of how the Senate isn't holding to that standard anymore. Not only is she the third noncontroversial nominee that Republicans have filibustered in the last two weeks, but she is now the 20th Obama nominee who is either currently being blocked or was blocked and ultimately withdrew from the process. Those blockages cause a logjam that reverberates through the judiciary and the executive branch, as positions have gone unfilled at crisis levels dating back to 2007.(cont.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/13/obam...
They are lawyers, lobbyist or communist.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#208536 Nov 13, 2013
the Chandler Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
Not long ago A poster named "Lois" claimed Nutter was guilty of countless misdeeds in her home state
Nutter vehemently denied the allegations
Psst! Steve, he is still not a "she". Like you, he has v*gina envy, but he'll have to complete the transformation in order for you to be able to accurately call him a she.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#208537 Nov 13, 2013
Oink Oink wrote:
<quoted text>Those who matter, know who the liar is. You, you don't matter and you would be wrong.
From the information that person has provided to you, as you called me a liar-go to the public web site for taxpayers. all public information. There the liar is exposed, the one YOU defend. My advice, stick to what you do know and what does matter. Be careful who you call, a liar. Sometimes the result is very embarrassing...among other things.
Just carry on with what you do know. However you do it.
LMAO! You don't know chit about anything. You're lying.

The only liar who's been exposed is YOU!

You couldn't embarrass me if your life counted on it, and don't threaten me again, jackass. You're nothing, no one special, just an inept coward pretending to be important on Topix.

Hahahahah! I'll just keep laughing at your idiotic comments.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#208538 Nov 13, 2013
the Chandler Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any evidence to back up your claims?
Do you have any evidence to support what YOU defend, troll?

NTR hasn't lied about where she lives or her property. You're all just green with envy and nothing but lying scum and insecure, small-minded rodents. LOL!

You don't even know what's going on. You just jump on any post and start your stupid posting like the troll you are.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#208539 Nov 13, 2013
the Chandler Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
One will not experience a shred of truth with this person. Rose is a notorious spreader of falsehoods about other posters who cross her.
Peace.
LMAO! No I'm not, but you just described YOURSELF, you lying little skank.

It's YOU who spreads falsehoods about other posters, not I.

Go shave your hairy legs, Steve. LOL!

Gawd, you people are so foolish it's like a circus here with nothing but clowns and jugglers.
Oink Oink

Switzerland

#208540 Nov 13, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Good! You don't know where I live and don't care. Where I don't live matters? Why is that? I don't live a lot of places. I think you should report me for violating those poor peoples' privacy which seems to matter a GREAT DEAL to you the way you keep carrying on about it. Are you going to let me get away with that? You've posted and posted about it. Now, take action! Show everybody how serious you are about me harming those poor innocent folks. Did you tell the authorities about me breaking inside and photographing the interior of their home? How about sneaking my family onto the side porch for a photo session? Isn't that illegal? Shouldn't you tell them how I had my daughters, son and the dog in their kitchen? And, Christmas! How dare I! You surely have concrete photographic proof! Go get 'em tiger.
Desperate? You were reported. Think about it. you made threats on here. You did take pics of a home for sale and made claims to those. Much is known. You are getting desperate to know what we do know by baiting for that information. You are squirming.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#208541 Nov 13, 2013
Right back down memory lane:

How the GOP Became the Party of the Rich

The inside story of how the Republicans abandoned the poor and the middle class to pursue their relentless agenda of tax cuts for the wealthiest one percent

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how...

By Tim Dickinson
November 9, 2011 7:00 AM ET
Party of the Rich

The nation is still recovering from a crushing recession that sent unemployment hovering above nine percent for two straight years. The president, mindful of soaring deficits, is pushing bold action to shore up the nation's balance sheet. Cloaking himself in the language of class warfare, he calls on a hostile Congress to end wasteful tax breaks for the rich. "We're going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share," he thunders to a crowd in Georgia. Such tax loopholes, he adds, "sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying 10 percent of his salary – and that's crazy."

Preacherlike, the president draws the crowd into a call-and-response. "Do you think the millionaire ought to pay more in taxes than the bus driver," he demands, "or less?"

The crowd, sounding every bit like the protesters from Occupy Wall Street, roars back: "MORE!"

The year was 1985. The president was Ronald Wilson Reagan.

Today's Republican Party may revere Reagan as the patron saint of low taxation. But the party of Reagan – which understood that higher taxes on the rich are sometimes required to cure ruinous deficits – is dead and gone. Instead, the modern GOP has undergone a radical transformation, reorganizing itself around a grotesque proposition: that the wealthy should grow wealthier still, whatever the consequences for the rest of us.

Modern-day Republicans have become, quite simply, the Party of the One Percent – the Party of the Rich.

"The Republican Party has totally abdicated its job in our democracy, which is to act as the guardian of fiscal discipline and responsibility," says David Stockman, who served as budget director under Reagan. "They're on an anti-tax jihad – one that benefits the prosperous classes."

(cont.)

..........
Reminders are important.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#208542 Nov 13, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Good! You don't know where I live and don't care. Where I don't live matters? Why is that? I don't live a lot of places. I think you should report me for violating those poor peoples' privacy which seems to matter a GREAT DEAL to you the way you keep carrying on about it. Are you going to let me get away with that? You've posted and posted about it. Now, take action! Show everybody how serious you are about me harming those poor innocent folks. Did you tell the authorities about me breaking inside and photographing the interior of their home? How about sneaking my family onto the side porch for a photo session? Isn't that illegal? Shouldn't you tell them how I had my daughters, son and the dog in their kitchen? And, Christmas! How dare I! You surely have concrete photographic proof! Go get 'em tiger.
LMAO! These morons are so jealous of you, NTR.

What shallow little lives they lead. I don't get what they think they're accomplishing with all their lies.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#208543 Nov 13, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
They are lawyers, lobbyist or communist.
Hogwash. Attorneys? Yes, well, that would be required, dumbazz. Lobbyists? Since when has any Republican objected to lobbyists? Communists? Prove it.
the Chandler Poster

Tempe, AZ

#208544 Nov 13, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! You don't know chit about anything. You're lying.
The only liar who's been exposed is YOU!
You couldn't embarrass me if your life counted on it, and don't threaten me again, jackass. You're nothing, no one special, just an inept coward pretending to be important on Topix.
Hahahahah! I'll just keep laughing at your idiotic comments.
No one could embarass a former SF massage parlor employee like you!

No one could embarass a mom who taught her son to smoke pot

On the topic of crassness, vulgarity and immorality, you stand tall Rose
the Chandler Poster

Tempe, AZ

#208545 Nov 13, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Psst! Steve, he is still not a "she". Like you, he has v*gina envy, but he'll have to complete the transformation in order for you to be able to accurately call him a she.
I think Jack and X Man have v*gina envy, sweety

You did a poor job of planning your finances like GR says! N
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#208546 Nov 13, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
How Republicans Rig the Game
Through gerrymandering, voter suppression and legislative tricks, the GOP has managed to hold on to power while more and more Americans reject their candidates and their ideas
By Tim Dickinson
November 11, 2013 10:35 AM ET
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how...
As the nation recovers from the Republican shutdown of government, the question Americans should be asking is not "Why did the GOP do that to us?" but "Why were they even relevant in the first place?" So dramatically have the demographic and electoral tides in this country turned against the Republican Party that, in a representative democracy worthy of the designation, the Grand Old Party should be watching from the sidelines and licking its wounds. Not only did Barack Obama win a second term in an electoral landslide in 2012, but he is also just the fourth president in a century to have won two elections with more than 50 percent of the popular vote. What's more, the party controls 55 seats in the Senate, and Democratic candidates for the House received well over a million more votes than their Republican counterparts in the election last year. And yet, John Boehner still wields the gavel in the House and Republican resistance remains a defining force in the Senate, frustrating Obama's ambitious agenda.
The GOP's real agenda: How Republicans' politics are harsher than ever
How is this possible? National Republicans have waged an unrelenting campaign to exploit every weakness and anachronism in our electoral system. Through a combination of hyperpartisan redistricting of the House, unprecedented obstructionism in the Senate and racist voter suppression in the states, today's GOP has locked in political power that it could never have secured on a level playing field.(cont.)
Democrats cannot stand a level playing field.

ANNAPOLIS, Md.(AP)— Days after a Republican was elected mayor of Annapolis, City Council members say they will revisit legislation that would strip the mayor’s office of much of its power.

Democratic Alderman Ross Arnett of Ward 8 tells The Capital he will introduce a charter amendment to move Annapolis to a council-manager style of government. The city manager would report directly to the City Council, not the mayor.

Under Arnett’s legislation, the mayor’s post would be largely ceremonial. The mayor would retain a single vote on the council. Arnett says the change would stabilize the city’s management.

Annapolis Council To Consider Stripping Republican Mayor-Elect’s Power
the Chandler Poster

Tempe, AZ

#208547 Nov 13, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any evidence to support what YOU defend, troll?
NTR hasn't lied about where she lives or her property. You're all just green with envy and nothing but lying scum and insecure, small-minded rodents. LOL!
You don't even know what's going on. You just jump on any post and start your stupid posting like the troll you are.
Nutter is a certified ding dong, Rose

No one takes Nutter seriously. She has been exposed as a phony and a fraud a long time ago

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#208548 Nov 13, 2013
Oink Oink wrote:
<quoted text>Desperate? You were reported. Think about it. you made threats on here. You did take pics of a home for sale and made claims to those. Much is known. You are getting desperate to know what we do know by baiting for that information. You are squirming.
No I didn't post ANY photos of a house that is for sale. You're hallucinating. Why you wait for the brain stew to cool down and the view to unfog, try this image:

http://www.rollingstone.com/assets/images/emb...

The 400 Richest

Thanks to the G.O.P., a tiny handful of the wealthiest Americans has fared extraordinarily well since 1997. Their average income has soared, but their tax burden has barely budged.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#208549 Nov 13, 2013
s/b "While you wait"....
the Chandler Poster

Tempe, AZ

#208550 Nov 13, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! No I'm not, but you just described YOURSELF, you lying little skank.
It's YOU who spreads falsehoods about other posters, not I.
Go shave your hairy legs, Steve. LOL!
Gawd, you people are so foolish it's like a circus here with nothing but clowns and jugglers.
Put some anti aging cream on your newly developed wrinkles, troll. You dont want to end up looking like Nutter and Keith Richards
Oink Oink

Switzerland

#208551 Nov 13, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! You don't know chit about anything. You're lying.
The only liar who's been exposed is YOU!
You couldn't embarrass me if your life counted on it, and don't threaten me again, jackass. You're nothing, no one special, just an inept coward pretending to be important on Topix.
Hahahahah! I'll just keep laughing at your idiotic comments.
Please don't try to prove me wrong with what I DO know. You would not win. Take your own advice about being nothing special, especially on topix. This must mean topix is your life. You are something and special on topix? Interesting! That must be the root of why the poster you defend lies or would lay claims to other people's property, putting names on here etc. to impress! Interesting! Where was the threat, jackassss? Hahahahaha ...you are the idiotic commenter.
the Chandler Poster

Tempe, AZ

#208552 Nov 13, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! These morons are so jealous of you, NTR.
What shallow little lives they lead. I don't get what they think they're accomplishing with all their lies.
Who on earth would be jealous of Nutter, Rose?

Why?

Shes a failure as a parent, and she is morally and spiritually bankrupt

Mr. Farrell and Ghost Rider have detailed how her earnings were obtained fraudulently - Just like you.

I know you envy my youth. I know you envy my $15,000 kitchen remodeling project.

Dont try to hide it either

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#208553 Nov 13, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! These morons are so jealous of you, NTR.
What shallow little lives they lead. I don't get what they think they're accomplishing with all their lies.
They're just intending to distract from some realities about themselves which they'd prefer not to personally acknowledge. Most of them are absolute hypocrites with their perspectives on almost every aspect of their support for Republican causes which fly in the face of their own realities. So, attacking you or me, Jaxx or X-man, Rico, etc. in between moaning and whining about our President, the changes taking place in America and the frustration they feel about inequity (blaming the poor) is the easiest route these poor lost souls can take given their obvious limited mental capability. I suppose we should have more tolerance, but I find it very difficult - mostly owing to one sociopath in the lot for whom I have zip tolerance or patience.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#208554 Nov 13, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats cannot stand a level playing field.
ANNAPOLIS, Md.(AP)— Days after a Republican was elected mayor of Annapolis, City Council members say they will revisit legislation that would strip the mayor’s office of much of its power.
Democratic Alderman Ross Arnett of Ward 8 tells The Capital he will introduce a charter amendment to move Annapolis to a council-manager style of government. The city manager would report directly to the City Council, not the mayor.
Under Arnett’s legislation, the mayor’s post would be largely ceremonial. The mayor would retain a single vote on the council. Arnett says the change would stabilize the city’s management.
Annapolis Council To Consider Stripping Republican Mayor-Elect’s Power
Oh, well. This will be put to a VOTE. You left that part out.

Here's the link you omitted:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/11/10/anna...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pro-Trump town riled up after immigration offic... 16 min Cujo 22
News Activist to address immigration, health after T... 31 min BHM5267 13
News ICE unaware Bridgeport murder suspect was back ... 36 min BPT 1
News Even most Trump backers want a path to citizens... 52 min tomin cali 1
News 'You have arrested a Good Man': He's a local pi... 59 min Buzzkill 4
News Don Walton: Immigration reform was within reach 1 hr tomin cali 4
News Homeland Security unveils sweeping plan to depo... 1 hr HOLLA ISABELLA 9
More from around the web