The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 340593 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#198688 Oct 21, 2013
Well, just in case the diva is finished with his pity party and just in case anyone is interested in some real political news, here's a slice of reality for you to consider...

CNN Poll: 75% say most Republicans in Congress don't deserve re-election

In a sign of the political hangover congressional Republicans are suffering in the wake of the government shutdown, three-quarters of Americans in a new national poll say that most GOP members of Congress don't deserve to be re-elected.

A CNN/ORC International survey released Monday also found a majority saying that the Republicans' policies are too extreme...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/21/politics/cnn-po...

Level 6

Location hidden

#198690 Oct 21, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This entire mess it going to take at least 5 years to work out.. Really what was wrong with delaying the ind. mandate a year??
"Coverage starts January 1st, enrollment goes on for a long time after that before the penalty kicks in."
What 3 months?? Have you ever really dealt with IRS?? They don't give you a 3 month credit.. You owe and owe with interest combined..
"Do you think that just because I prefer to use facts when discussing this that means I support the ACA?"
I have no idea what you support.. You haven't given any facts regarding your healthcare or insurance plans or how they will effect your family members..
Eagle
You don't need to know the details of my families financial or insurance planning to understand that I never supported the ACA.

Universal health care yes, but the ACA is another beast altogether and I've said so from day one.

The thing is, we're stuck with it now. Pretending otherwise does no good.

As far as the individual mandate, I don't have a problem with delaying it. What in the world makes you think that just because I thought the way the repubs went about it was stupid means that I support the mandate?
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#198691 Oct 21, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Unless I'm mistaken, it's the end of March, 2014 to be enrolled in some kind of health care coverage or face a penalty.
Nope! The penalty starts if you don't have insurance by Jan. 2014.

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#198692 Oct 21, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a link?
You would just love for me to post a link to my personally identifiable information wouldn't you troll del carajo.

Level 6

Location hidden

#198693 Oct 21, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Unless I'm mistaken, it's the end of March, 2014 to be enrolled in some kind of health care coverage or face a penalty.
Yep, so there are five months left for people to get coverage before there are any penalties.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#198694 Oct 21, 2013
Any one seen Georgeply?

“RELAX”

Level 8

#198695 Oct 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not arguing the logistical nightmare of the whole thing.
I simply stated a fact.
Coverage starts January 1st, enrollment goes on for a long time after that before the penalty kicks in.
If DiP wants to pretend he's got it all figured out he should get his facts straight.
Do you think that just because I prefer to use facts when discussing this that means I support the ACA?
45 days isn't "a long time after that" jackasson. You are wrong and you know it and so does any one with a forth grade level of math skills. Obama told us there are 48 million americans without health insurance and that we can't wait to start penalizing them because that is how he plans on funding it. Enjoy!

http://www.libertynews.com/wp-content/uploads...
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#198696 Oct 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
Well, just in case the diva is finished with his pity party and just in case anyone is interested in some real political news, here's a slice of reality for you to consider...
In a sign of the political hangover congressional Republicans are suffering in the wake of the government shutdown, three-quarters of Americans in a new national poll say that most GOP members of Congress don't deserve to be re-elected.
A CNN/ORC International survey released Monday also found a majority saying that the Republicans' policies are too extreme...
CNN? ROTFLMAO!!! Let Fox take the poll and see what happens. Polls from news organization don't really mean much.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#198697 Oct 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, so there are five months left for people to get coverage before there are any penalties.
Wrong!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

United States

#198698 Oct 21, 2013
Quirky the Ghoul wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not talk about my precious.
From way back, eh? Is he still wearing his codpiece?
LMAO!

Level 6

Location hidden

#198699 Oct 21, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.

It's March 31st.
----------

There are 3 key dates you'll want to mark on your calendar:

October 1, 2013: Marketplace open enrollment started

January 1, 2014: Health coverage can start

March 31, 2014: Open enrollment ends

https://www.healthcare.gov/what-key-dates-do-...

---------

Coverage starts January 1st for those already enrolled in the government plan.

Everyone is required to have coverage of some sort by March 31st, 2014. Anyone not covered by that date faces a penalty.

Level 6

Location hidden

#198700 Oct 21, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!
Sorry freebird, but you're wrong.

It's really not that hard to look it up and I am getting tired of arguing about facts.

We all have our opinion, but we share the same facts.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#198701 Oct 21, 2013
Quirky the Ghoul wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that. A fast food CEO is upset that he has to care for his minimum wage slaves a little more.
In return, the CEO should be getting better performance from those "minimum wage slaves".
Should the CEO be upset if he doesn't?

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#198702 Oct 21, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You would just love for me to post a link to my personally identifiable information wouldn't you troll del carajo.
Nope, not interested in your personal information at all.

You said you were published. I simply asked for a link to your published material.

A simple "No" would have sufficed, but then you're known for being an azzhole, a braggart and an extremely insecure little pendejo.

Level 6

Location hidden

#198703 Oct 21, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
45 days isn't "a long time after that" jackasson. You are wrong and you know it and so does any one with a forth grade level of math skills. Obama told us there are 48 million americans without health insurance and that we can't wait to start penalizing them because that is how he plans on funding it. Enjoy!
http://www.libertynews.com/wp-content/uploads...
March 31st is a lot longer than 45 days away from January first DiP.

So much for your math skills huh?

Enrollment started October 1st

Coverage starts January 1st

Open enrollment ends March 31st and there are no penalties until then.

You can insist otherwise, but you're still wrong...as usual.

“RELAX”

Level 8

#198704 Oct 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
75% of the American population couldn't pass an enlistment exam let alone understand the US government budget process. The american main stream media is as politically divided as the american public. The only news we get is either on one extreme of the issue or another. It's so bad that none of it is credible. CNN is owned and operated by the corporate world. So to is the FOX news and MSNBC. If you get your news from corporate owned media then you fall into the new world order where the rich get richer, the poor become more dependent and the middle class gets destroyed. Enjoy!

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#198705 Oct 21, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
.....In 2014 the fee for uninsured children is $47.50 per child. The most a family would have to pay in 2014 is $285.

It's important to remember that someone who pays the fee won't get any health insurance coverage. They still will be responsible for 100% of the cost of their medical care.

After open enrollment ends on March 31, 2014, they won't be able to get health coverage through the Marketplace until the next annual enrollment period, unless they have a qualifying life event.
Minimum essential coverage

To avoid the fee in 2014 you need insurance that qualifies as minimum essential coverage. If you're covered by any of the following in 2014, you're considered covered and don't have to pay a penalty:

Any Marketplace plan, or any individual insurance plan you already have
Any employer plan (including COBRA), with or without “grandfathered” status. This includes retiree plans.....

https://www.healthcare.gov/what-if-someone-do...

“a smile for my friends”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

rochester, n. y.

#198706 Oct 21, 2013
Quirky wrote:
Any one seen Georgeply?
I'm right here Quirky.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

United States

#198707 Oct 21, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
REWBA trusted y'all and look at how you treated it. You and your socks encouraged REWBA to go after Ralff and his socks for the way Ralff was treating Rose and NTR. Next thing ya know ole REWBA is banned for saying American, except replacing "an" with "unt", but it wasn't the people REWBA was saying it to who reported it. It was Rico and X and NTR and Rose that made those reports. NTR and Rose even acknowledged that they had reported "some" of REWBA's posts. Then there was REWBA II and how long did that last? Who made the reports? OK. I already know who. Then REWBA III, IV and V ... all bit the bullet. But not for any profanity or rudeness but because Y'all pointed out to the moderator that REWBA was snubbing it's nose in her face. It had nothing to do with the moderator. It was X MAN who didn't like it that REWBA was a better poet and RICO who didn't like it that REWBA was more likable. REWBA VI was created and got a message from a certain someone who explained what certain posters were doing so REWBA VI turned into Don't Panic before it's first post. That didn't stop y'all from crying to the moderator about it though. I know how many times y'all did it. Jealous much? How y'all like me now?
It seems I encouraged Rewba to debate with Ralff once LOL. I agreed with some of both of their points of view..

Level 6

Location hidden

#198708 Oct 21, 2013
georgeply77 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm right here Quirky.
Hey George.

Welcome back to the three ring circus of topix.

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump's Border Wall Could Have Deadly Co... 6 min DC Dave 137
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 9 min kuda 86
News Trump says he'd deport undocumented immigrants ... 12 min So What 638
We don't have to deport all illegals. 29 min Henry 1
News Trump Says He Would Deport Illegal Immigrants 1 hr spytheweb 91
News When It Comes to Violent Crime, Illegal Immigra... 1 hr spytheweb 4
News Trump says he'd deport undocumented immigrants ... 1 hr Truthfull 19
More from around the web