The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393276 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#194341 Oct 9, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just say it like it is.
They found a property that has my name attached to it and have been posting that address along with lists of my families names and making death threats ever since.
I guess I'm supposed to be scared, or leave topix out of fear...who knows?
The problem with their little game is that the property they found isn't where I live. As a matter of fact, no one has lived there in years.
I don't know where in the hell DP came up with this "you can see his orchards" thing because there aren't any fruit trees on that property at all.
I'm going to be visiting family in that area this weekend. Maybe I'll take a few pictures of that "mobile home" and post them somewhere and they can try and explain how I'm living in a trailer that doesn't even have any walls....or maybe I'll just let them keep making fools of themselves.
Haven't decided yet.
I know. Don't post it for them. Just send whatever link you want to any of your friends here you care to share it with. Or don't. We all know better, Poor DP - dependent on a bevy of clowns for his "information". What could go wrong? ;-)

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#194342 Oct 9, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
BOEHNER SAYS THE U.S. WILL DEFAULT IF OBAMA REFUSES TO GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Politic...
Underlying all that is a deep political divide between the two sides. The Republican Party is undoubtedly a Part in flux, divided by moderates and extremists, the latter of whom seem to gaining more and more power, something the leadership is trying to appeal to. With midterm elections next year, making the Democratic President look bad might aid in that.
There are of course deeper philosophical differences between the two parties, especially on this issue, but the hard reality is that little in the bill can actually be changed at this stage. It has already been vetted by Congress, approved by the Supreme Court, and signed into law. It is actually in effect right now, simply not financed. That leaves nothing but a mess and nowhere to move really, though no one has apparently let House Speaker John Boehner know that because he has made it clear he will push the country into default if Obama doesn’t give him something, especially now that he has committed so much.
"BOEHNER SAYS THE U.S. WILL DEFAULT IF OBAMA REFUSES TO GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS"

How long was I asleep?

Didn't we just go through this?

Honestly, I think is trying to set up a way out of this mess without the tea party extremists getting what they want.

The revolt in the republican ranks (led by Ted Cruz) had one stated goal. Hold the government hostage until the dems agreed to defund, or delay, key parts of the Affordable Care Act.

That strategy failed.

The republicans were left with the federal government shutdown, nothing to show for it and no "honorable" way out.

Now Boehner has changed the conversation to the debt ceiling and budget issues.

Eventually the dems will agree to "talk", Boehner will declare victory and put a clean CR up for a vote and the shutdown will be over.

The tea party will be left with egg on its face, Boehner will have reestablished his control over his caucus and the extremists will have less influence over the policy goals of the republican party moving forward.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#194343 Oct 9, 2013
'THUGGERY' SPARKS TALK OF IMPEACHMENT
'We're telling the president you need to recognize ... you are not a dictator'

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/thuggery-sparks-ta...

BETWEEN THE LINES
JOSEPH FARAH
Shutdown message: Don't trust government

ANN COULTER
Democrats to America: We own the government!

ERIK RUSH
Obama's a dictator – what more evidence do we need?

TED NUGENT
MotorCity Madman's solution for MotorCity Madhouse

JACK CASHILL
Who's covering-up military hate crime?

wnd.com
Obamafail

Denver, CO

#194344 Oct 9, 2013
Ratso from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans and their stu*pid supporters [social rejects like you] are the only ones who have held our US debt ceiling or budget hostage under the Obama Administration which has contributed to the deterioration of not only the "American Dream" but our economy as well.
So you keep losing elections... well wake up and change your outdated ways.
Your american dream was swimming the rio grande and not losing your bags of empty soda and beer cans.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#194345 Oct 9, 2013
roar wrote:
Fight nice biatches!
Will the government shutdown cost the GOP the House?
http://theweek.com/article/index/250806/will-...
Then House Republicans' insistence on undermining ObamaCare as part of any budget agreement led to the government shutdown, and the shutdown is careening toward a possible first-ever default on the U.S. national debt. The GOP has taken a hit in the polls, and for the first time the idea of a 2014 Democratic takeover of the House has become more than just a liberal, West Wing–worthy daydream.

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Level 4

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#194346 Oct 9, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
From the "You go, girl!" files, this welcomed news:
Wed Oct 09, 2013 at 12:28 PM PDT
Obama nominates Janet Yellen for Fed chief. If Senate confirms, she'll be first
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/09/1245...
President Barack Obama nominated Federal Reserve Board vice chair Janet Yellen Wednesday to replace chairman Ben Bernanke on the board when his term expires January 31. Yellen was appointed as one of the seven FRB members and as vice chair simultaneously in 2010. Her term as a member of the board runs to 2024. If she is confirmed by the Senate, she would serve as chairwoman for four years.
In making his announcement, Obama praised Bernanke for his "strong leadership" and "wisdom" in guiding the Fed in rough times over the past eight years. He called Yellen "exceptionally well-qualified for this role" and "renowned for her good judgment." She "knows how to build consensus." America's workers and their families will have a "champion" in her.
The 67-year-old Yellen is professor emeritus of business and economics at the University of California, Berkeley, where she has been on the faculty for 33 years. For two years, she was an economist with the Fed, and for six years was president and CEO of the Twelfth District Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. She served on President Clinton’s Council of Economic Advisers. She has economics degrees from Brown and Yale universities and has written widely on macroeconomics with a focus on the implications of unemployment.(cont.)
Now that's noteworthy!
She's got the credentials, excellent choice by President Obama.

“This is all a game”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#194347 Oct 9, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can`t people who want to be real Americans see how The Anti-Christ Obama is tearing down America at every turn? The Loser has and is going over board to destroy every positive thing that America has stood for.
I commend the Republican House for standing up and fighting against this disrupting so-called Commander in Chief. The Man Uh, I mean not a Man has no Morals or direction aside from tearing down America. Hope we can withstand another 3 years of this failure!
You should be used to failure short stack...
Hymiewitzstein

Denver, CO

#194348 Oct 9, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
From the "You go, girl!" files, this welcomed news:
Wed Oct 09, 2013 at 12:28 PM PDT
Obama nominates Janet Yellen for Fed chief. If Senate confirms, she'll be first
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/09/1245...
President Barack Obama nominated Federal Reserve Board vice chair Janet Yellen Wednesday to replace chairman Ben Bernanke on the board when his term expires January 31. Yellen was appointed as one of the seven FRB members and as vice chair simultaneously in 2010. Her term as a member of the board runs to 2024. If she is confirmed by the Senate, she would serve as chairwoman for four years.
In making his announcement, Obama praised Bernanke for his "strong leadership" and "wisdom" in guiding the Fed in rough times over the past eight years. He called Yellen "exceptionally well-qualified for this role" and "renowned for her good judgment." She "knows how to build consensus." America's workers and their families will have a "champion" in her.
The 67-year-old Yellen is professor emeritus of business and economics at the University of California, Berkeley, where she has been on the faculty for 33 years. For two years, she was an economist with the Fed, and for six years was president and CEO of the Twelfth District Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. She served on President Clinton’s Council of Economic Advisers. She has economics degrees from Brown and Yale universities and has written widely on macroeconomics with a focus on the implications of unemployment.(cont.)
Sec. Of the Treasury, Fed chairman, no goyem need apply, certainly no blacks or dumbass mexicans, why do jews always fill these positions? Obamamama is controlled by them.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#194349 Oct 9, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
He just said he owned that land and the junk mobile home too.
And, what does this mean? I own 47 some acres of land by a lake in another county in the state as well as the 7 1/4 acre plat I call home. Does this mean I own a farm? No. Do I usually raise a garden? Yes. Does that mean I own a farm? No. My sister and BIL DO own a farm. It's 107 acres - a bona fide farm on which they raise cattle. He also works a full-time job and has all of his adult life since graduating from college. You, honey child, ain't got nothing on that man. Nothing lazy about him.

See, DP? We can play this game all night, but your sources are idiots all - with a specific agenda. They've completely discredited themselves, and you're about 95% of the way down the road. Now, continue being led by the nose by a bunch of fugginidiots with whom you've decided to sign on. You just make it easier to dismiss you with each successive post. What a bummer.

#194350 Oct 9, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I passed it on Bonnie!
Thank You :)
Measles making a dangerous comeback
http://www.wgem.com/story/23624378/2013/10/07...
Spring says the measles starts with a fever and cough which leads to a rash of tiny red spots that could cover the entire body.

The disease is extremely contagious, and if left un-treated could be fatal.
Hymiewitzstein

Denver, CO

#194351 Oct 9, 2013
Timothy"asleep at the switch" Geithner
Jack"Cayman Islands" Lew
Ben"Schlomo" Bernanke
Alan"hook nose" Greenspan

I see a pattern here.
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#194352 Oct 9, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
I guess the jugit troll got tired of the the silent readers raining the truth all over the "right".
Keep at it judgit troll. It's still the truth whether you hide it or not. ;)
No it ain`t , It`s only delusions of Aztlan . And self entitlement mentality.

Level 6

Location hidden

#194354 Oct 9, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
He just said he owned that land and the junk mobile home too.
Did I?

What I said was you had found a property that had my name attached to it.

Which is both sad and creepy because it means you have spent a lot of time researching my private life looking for something to use against me here on topix.

You came up empty handed and looking more than a little foolish.

You'll have to forgive me if I enjoy that part just a little.

I've told you and all your socks from day one that I didn't live there.

I don't know why you've spent the last several months playing this little game, but you lost and it's time to take it like a man and move on to something else.

Oh, one last thing, most of the people here knew the truth of the matter quite some time ago.

More than a few of us have been laughing at you for quite some time.

I just thought it was time to put you out of your misery and get it over with.

<click>

;)

Level 4

Location hidden

#194355 Oct 9, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"BOEHNER SAYS THE U.S. WILL DEFAULT IF OBAMA REFUSES TO GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS"
How long was I asleep?
Didn't we just go through this?
Honestly, I think is trying to set up a way out of this mess without the tea party extremists getting what they want.
The revolt in the republican ranks (led by Ted Cruz) had one stated goal. Hold the government hostage until the dems agreed to defund, or delay, key parts of the Affordable Care Act.
That strategy failed.
The republicans were left with the federal government shutdown, nothing to show for it and no "honorable" way out.
Now Boehner has changed the conversation to the debt ceiling and budget issues.
Eventually the dems will agree to "talk", Boehner will declare victory and put a clean CR up for a vote and the shutdown will be over.
The tea party will be left with egg on its face, Boehner will have reestablished his control over his caucus and the extremists will have less influence over the policy goals of the republican party moving forward.
I sure hope it goes the way you described it Jaxxon,
Our economy was on a slow but steady road to recovery, we don't need another obstacle in our way.

#194356 Oct 9, 2013
Obamafail wrote:
<quoted text>
Your american dream was swimming the rio grande and not losing your bags of empty soda and beer cans.
Woman denied help gives birth on a hospital lawn
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...
The case illustrated the shortcomings of maternal care in Mexico, where hundreds of women still die during or right after pregnancy. It also pointed to still persistent discrimination against Mexico's indigenous people persists.

Level 6

Location hidden

#194357 Oct 9, 2013
VorenusI wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's noteworthy!
Hey V.

I agree.

It's a good move and the republicans are going to have to work hard to oppose the nomination and make it look like they're doing anything other than playing politics.
Hymiewitzstein

Denver, CO

#194358 Oct 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Woman denied help gives birth on a hospital lawn
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...
The case illustrated the shortcomings of maternal care in Mexico, where hundreds of women still die during or right after pregnancy. It also pointed to still persistent discrimination against Mexico's indigenous people persists.
Mexico's advise to their Mestizo's and indians:

get the F out, go north, we don't want you.
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#194359 Oct 9, 2013
Democrats cling to Colo. senate majority after recalls
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/04/democrats-c...
The Colorado legislature returns to work in January.
Yep, Hopefully another Liberal will bite it. Just like a couple weeks ago when 2 of them did! Due to their support of Obama`s gun control policies.

Level 4

Location hidden

#194360 Oct 9, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>And, what does this mean? I own 47 some acres of land by a lake in another county in the state as well as the 7 1/4 acre plat I call home. Does this mean I own a farm? No. Do I usually raise a garden? Yes. Does that mean I own a farm? No. My sister and BIL DO own a farm. It's 107 acres - a bona fide farm on which they raise cattle. He also works a full-time job and has all of his adult life since graduating from college. You, honey child, ain't got nothing on that man. Nothing lazy about him.
See, DP? We can play this game all night, but your sources are idiots all - with a specific agenda. They've completely discredited themselves, and you're about 95% of the way down the road. Now, continue being led by the nose by a bunch of fugginidiots with whom you've decided to sign on. You just make it easier to dismiss you with each successive post. What a bummer.
"You, honey child, ain't got nothing on that man"

And I bet that man doesn't have the time nor the inclination to gloat about his accomplishments and possessions to prop up his ego.....
Hymiewitzstein

Denver, CO

#194361 Oct 9, 2013
der anusI wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's noteworthy!
Yup, she's got the creds,

Janet Yellen, First Jewish Woman Fed Chair, Bring Compassion to ...
Janet Yellen, President Barack Obama’s pick to lead the Federal Reserve, combines a solid reputation as an economist with a keen interest in ...
forward.com/articles/185369/janet-yellen-firs... ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 30 min Surgit Tempestas 7,740
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 1 hr Just Think 7,201
News Trump on Clinton: 'She is a bigot' 1 hr Bigg Dawg 13
News Donald Trump's immigration policy: Then and now 1 hr Go Blue Forever 144
News Trump immigration waffle reflects voter confusi... 1 hr Dee Dee Dee 19
News Opinion: Racism, bigotry charges take president... 2 hr Drilling for the ... 2
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr Quirky 142,230
More from around the web