The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 413226 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Yocal Pillbilly

Beckley, WV

#193951 Oct 9, 2013
Obama has always failed, his legacy? A failed healhcare act and more debt.
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#193952 Oct 9, 2013
Scary Corpse Elevator Prank in Brazil

Scary Ghost Elevator Prank in Brazil

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#193953 Oct 9, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea... some crazy broad was screaming!!!
Back the video up to the beginning. Fkn Topix!

#t=130

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#193954 Oct 9, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even at 8 million and their families don't you think that is one to many??
Eagle
Its not 8 million and their families, The estimate is 11.2 million nationwide period.
And that is just an estimate.
Do I think it is too many? Of course, but it is not the wild, out of control, problem portrayed.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#193955 Oct 9, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I thought, It's an Obama shutdown now, not those hero tea baggers they don't want to own the denial of a soldiers funeral. That has to be Obama's fault and the reason the world went broke was "Health care" not the Bush lead GFC. I mean it was so obvious, any tea bagger could see it, health care sent the world broke.
But I look around every corner of the globe and you know what ? NO ONE has dropped it. Why ??? Because they believe it is a BASIC HUMAN RIGHT!
But they have done everything else like increasing the pension age, cut back on all programs but Health care is still there! How amazing! That all those Billions of people out there around the globe living deluded lives just can't see what you tea baggers see. I think Cruz & Bonehead should be nominated for the next Nobel prize for Economics and Medicine.
"When asked in the CNN poll whom they are angry at, 63% said Republicans, 58% said Democrats and 53% said Obama. That is a 10-point margin for the president and only a 5-point margin for Democrats, compared with a 23-point margin in November 1995.

Independents said they blamed all three equally (60% GOP, 59% Democrats, 58% Obama). This is so clearly within the margin of error that it is for all practical purposes a tie.

After weeks of the media focusing blame on House Speaker John Boehner, Sen. Ted Cruz and the House Republicans, it is clear the American people are not buying it.

There have been too many days of the president saying, "I will not negotiate."

The country believes him. They can see he's a big part of the reason the government is shut down."

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Level 1

At Your Mama's House

#193956 Oct 9, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
"When asked in the CNN poll whom they are angry at, 63% said Republicans, 58% said Democrats and 53% said Obama. That is a 10-point margin for the president and only a 5-point margin for Democrats, compared with a 23-point margin in November 1995.
Independents said they blamed all three equally (60% GOP, 59% Democrats, 58% Obama). This is so clearly within the margin of error that it is for all practical purposes a tie.
After weeks of the media focusing blame on House Speaker John Boehner, Sen. Ted Cruz and the House Republicans, it is clear the American people are not buying it.
There have been too many days of the president saying, "I will not negotiate."
The country believes him. They can see he's a big part of the reason the government is shut down."
Regardless of the polls the President cannot negotiate away a constitutionally passed law at the point of a gun.
If he does, whats next? Medicare? Social Security? The EPA? The FDA?
Its not a matter of doing what polls well. It is a matter of doing the right thing.
If Boehner is correct and there are not enough votes to pass a clean CR, let the people see. Bring it to the floor for a vote.
He wont because it will pass and it will weaken his position as the Speaker.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#193957 Oct 9, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of the polls the President cannot negotiate away a constitutionally passed law at the point of a gun.
If he does, whats next? Medicare? Social Security? The EPA? The FDA?
Its not a matter of doing what polls well. It is a matter of doing the right thing.
If Boehner is correct and there are not enough votes to pass a clean CR, let the people see. Bring it to the floor for a vote.
He wont because it will pass and it will weaken his position as the Speaker.
The law has already been changed as to the implementation date for employers and exemptions for unions and FOO (friends of Obama). There have been other changes to this law. The Republicans want a delay of one year for individuals, it's not too much to ask.

“gun control takes two hands”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#193958 Oct 9, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Look... I'm not going to sit here and listen to you preach to me about how little you know about California. We pay the most Federal taxes, we're the largest contributor to the Nations GDP, the 9th largest economy in the world and we feed a majority of the Nation.
So just STF up right now because without California... there is no USA.
Uh- huh- less than 2 decades ago, Mexifornia was the SEVENTH largest economy in the world. That was before nearly 6 dozen hospitals were closed, busted by the burden of free medical care for illegals, and L.A. county ALONE spending over $9 bil/year suppoting them. Time to get caught up, sport.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#193959 Oct 9, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Uh- huh- less than 2 decades ago, Mexifornia was the SEVENTH largest economy in the world. That was before nearly 6 dozen hospitals were closed, busted by the burden of free medical care for illegals, and L.A. county ALONE spending over $9 bil/year suppoting them. Time to get caught up, sport.
California is now allowing illegals to practice law. Criminals practicing law, send in the clowns, never mind, they're already here.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Level 1

At Your Mama's House

#193960 Oct 9, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>The law has already been changed as to the implementation date for employers and exemptions for unions and FOO (friends of Obama). There have been other changes to this law. The Republicans want a delay of one year for individuals, it's not too much to ask.
The law wasn't changed. The law allowed for some changes to the program to help companies to comply.
It is too much to ask.
The individual mandate is the core of the law. To delay it, is to cripple the foundation of the law.
Let us not forget that they originally demanded the law be defunded. Their goal is not to make the law better, it is to destroy the law.
If the law is so bad, let it pass so people can see the impact. Then Republicans can win the elections because democrats have done so bad and they can repeal the law Constitutionally.
You can bet your a$$ that would be their path if the law was really a poor one.

Level 1

outdoors

#193961 Oct 9, 2013

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Level 1

At Your Mama's House

#193962 Oct 9, 2013
I correct myself.
In my last post I said "let the law pass" when I meant "let the law be fully implemented"
I apologize.

Level 1

outdoors

#193963 Oct 9, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>California is now allowing illegals to practice law. Criminals practicing law, send in the clowns, never mind, they're already here.
All those liberals in one place- like shyt drawing flies, isn't it?
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#193964 Oct 9, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>All those liberals in one place- like shyt drawing flies, isn't it?
Their tax base is leaving in droves, their cities turning into Mexican swamps. I say declare California a part of Mexico and put up a large fence.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#193965 Oct 9, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The law wasn't changed. The law allowed for some changes to the program to help companies to comply.
It is too much to ask.
The individual mandate is the core of the law. To delay it, is to cripple the foundation of the law.
Let us not forget that they originally demanded the law be defunded. Their goal is not to make the law better, it is to destroy the law.
If the law is so bad, let it pass so people can see the impact. Then Republicans can win the elections because democrats have done so bad and they can repeal the law Constitutionally.
You can bet your a$$ that would be their path if the law was really a poor one.
You aren't making sense. If the law allows for changes then the law can be changed and already has been changed. Republicans are doing what they think is best for Americans and destroying ACA would be best for America. The POTUS has declared, "I will not negotiate." He will have to negotiate when default hits.

Level 2

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#193966 Oct 9, 2013
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you and your Irish Setter paramour had any children that lived yet?
Are you still picketing the funerals of our fallen soldiers? The last time you did, a buddy of mine gave you a pretty good beating. That, "They aren't heroes, they're zeroes!" sign you carried really set him off. You're lucky your boyfriend was there to keep him from beating you to death with it.

Stay away from boys and our funerals.

Level 2

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#193967 Oct 9, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>All those liberals in one place- like shyt drawing flies, isn't it?
http://news.msn.com/us/poll-republicans-get-t...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#193968 Oct 9, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Uh- huh- less than 2 decades ago, Mexifornia was the SEVENTH largest economy in the world. That was before nearly 6 dozen hospitals were closed, busted by the burden of free medical care for illegals, and L.A. county ALONE spending over $9 bil/year suppoting them. Time to get caught up, sport.
You have a point. I wonder what kind of frenken Lib commie President would make it LAW that hospitals must treat illegals regardless if they pay.?????????

In 1986, the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act known as EMTALA (Section 1867 (a) of the Social Security Act) and sometimes referred to as the "Patient Anti-Dumping Act" was signed into law by President Reagan. The purpose of the Act was to ensure that acutely ill patients who are uninsured or underinsured receive appropriate emergency care and to prevent hospitals from refusing to treat certain populations of patients who present to the emergency department.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#193969 Oct 9, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>You have a point. I wonder what kind of frenken Lib commie President would make it LAW that hospitals must treat illegals regardless if they pay.?????????
In 1986, the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act known as EMTALA (Section 1867 (a) of the Social Security Act) and sometimes referred to as the "Patient Anti-Dumping Act" was signed into law by President Reagan. The purpose of the Act was to ensure that acutely ill patients who are uninsured or underinsured receive appropriate emergency care and to prevent hospitals from refusing to treat certain populations of patients who present to the emergency department.
EMTALA was not meant to be used for non emergency care such as prenatal care, preventive and wellness care. This is what is closing down hospitals nation wide.

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#193970 Oct 9, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not 8 million and their families, The estimate is 11.2 million nationwide period.
And that is just an estimate.
Do I think it is too many? Of course, but it is not the wild, out of control, problem portrayed.
11 Million stinking rodents isn't a wild, out of control problem? That's more people than we send to invade Europe on D-Day. It's time for machine guns and cannons along the border. And open hunting season in all 50 states!$25 per scalp reward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump puts moderate GOP governors in awkward spot 1 min Cordwainer Trout 21
News Yes, Mass Deportations Are Coming. And We Know ... 9 min Donald J Trump 219
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 31 min EAGLE EYE1 144,341
News Global backlash grows against Trump's immigrati... 1 hr Alt Right Scholar 2,463
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 1 hr Anon 21,310
News Trump voters thrilled with promised action on b... 2 hr Drain 598
News Study shows value of undocumented immigrants 2 hr tomin cali 11
More from around the web