The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393358 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Serving sarcasm since 2007

#191731 Oct 3, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Rose! How can I make $60K tax free if I smoke it all up? Maybe you aught to reopen that massage parlor and start earning a few bucks under the table ... or on top of it? Them illegal Mexicans don't care what you look like. They will pay top dollar for a white woman. Even an old one.
What do you pay? I suppose those 'relaxation spas' are less sophisticated out your way...some plywood walls with 2" holes cut out about crotch height...keep it anonymous. You know, a 'rub 'n tug' joint. You never know what you're gonna get, all services one price. Cleanup on the house. Adequate for truckers and locals.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#191732 Oct 3, 2013
The Sin City Cat wrote:
<quoted text>What could go wrong? Millions of people finally figuring out Obamacare is a piece of sheet. It can't work. And trying to fix it is like trying to fix a house destroyed by a tornado. It's not possible. The Democrats have their fingers crossed that nothing happens until after the 2014 elections.
The Health Care Law Guru vs. the Conservative who Inspired It
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/businessdesk/2013...
Solman: I once heard economics Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen say, "The market failure in health care, first and foremost is that the sicker you are, the poorer you become because you can't work. The poorer you become, the sicker you are because you can't afford health care and the market simply cannot solve that without some intervention."

Gruber: Well, I mean, it's interesting, that's a very good perspective, but I would think that would not necessarily be the first market failure we'd point to. I think that's an equity failure, that there's a real distributive problem within health care markets. I think the real market failure that we come against is what we call imperfect or asymmetric information that basically, you know more about yourself than the insurer does.

As a result, the insurer's wary of selling insurance to you, so if you come and knock on his door and say, "I want insurance," the insurer says, "Wait a second, what's wrong with you? Why do you want insurance? I'm not going to sell it to you." Now if you come as part of a big group, as part of MIT or PBS, they'll say, "Fine. A big group, we can understand the overall risk. We can model that. We're happy. But individuals, we're not so sure, and that's why the individual insurance market, which is a market where Americans who don't get insurance from their employer or the government have to turn, that's why that market is so screwed up all around the country and why we needed the Affordable Care Act.

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#191733 Oct 3, 2013
Tom Joad wrote:
<quoted text>
You referring to the Bracero programs of the 50's & 60's? You talking bout C Chavez & the AFW? You sound like one them 'Kopps' hired by the growers during the Depession in the "Grapes of Wrath".
Everytime the workers would try to get organized by Unions or just informed of their rights. The "Kopps" would come along and accuse the organizers of being 'Reds'. You're nothing but a whore, bought and sold by the rich. Still using the old McCarthy scare tactics and siding against the proletarite workers. You're a old fossil still living in the dream world of 'Citizen Kane'.
The ONLY right that an illegal invader has is the right to go back where he/she came from. If they want rights, they have the responsibility to follow the law. Get a visa BEFORE you come and LEAVE before it expires.
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#191734 Oct 3, 2013
Sir William Ferrell wrote:
<quoted text>
Your links?
NBC
MSNBC
SALON
ABC
What's not to believe?
Take your Ambien and pass out already granny, you're WAY behind the times!
This is Rose , NTR and Jackie all rolled into one.

Happier Than a Witch in a Broom Factory

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#191735 Oct 3, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY right that an illegal invader has is the right to go back where he/she came from. If they want rights, they have the responsibility to follow the law. Get a visa BEFORE you come and LEAVE before it expires.
Temporary visa opens up world for young immigrant
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
Under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals policy put in place in August 2012 by the Obama administration, about 950,000 immigrants nationwide were eligible for the visas, according to an estimate from the Immigration Policy Center in Washington, D.C.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#191736 Oct 3, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have JACK! Shall we call it Aunt Jack the gaylord chicken rancher? Got any more of them worthless words you like to type on these strings? No sense of humor unless it's your own jokes that never come across as funny to anyone but yourself.
To get sixty pounds of primo buds from seed, you need five to seven plants per pound. That's at least 300 plants. Anyone who plants 300 pot plants in their flower garden wouldn't be free long enough for those plant to start to bud because 300 pot plants would wave at every sheriffs patrol that drove past and at least one of them would stop to smell the flowers and arrest the gardener.
They would seize to pot, they would seize the land and they would seize anything else of value that might have been used in the production of that controlled drug substance. My tractor is worth a whole lot more than $60K. Of course Aunt Jackie only believes what Aunt Jackie wants to believe and everything else is just lies. Ain't that right Aunt Jackie?
LOL.. When I first went into the construction business they used the have atrium's in the middle of home same with sunken floors in living/family rooms.. Not no more here in FL.. But anyway those atrium's would be the perfect place to have 5 or 10 plants.. I have no desire to smoke weed so it wouldn't matter to me..

Eagle

Level 8

#191737 Oct 3, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally! Someone with a sense of humor. Not to mention the sense of space and time.
Some people just don't get it. You don't have to grow weed to make money. Plant some white sage instead. The first year each plant will make about three smudging sticks worth about a dollar each. A thousand sage plants equals three thousand dollars. The next year you don't have to plant anything because sage is perennial and each plant will be even bigger and bushier than the year before. They will also grow from the seed of the first plantings. After a few years you will have so much sage you will need to hire a bunch of illegal Mexicans to bundle it all up just to get it out to market.
Or you could make your old lady do it, can't have her sitting on her ass all day, watching her stories. She might get a flat ass, and we can't have that. Get that woman a dew rag and out to the fields!

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Let it out

#191739 Oct 3, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They done it to the construction industry as well.. How can a worker save for retirement when their wage is cut in half compeating with them?? Then those same folks on this thread have the gull to talk about a living wages when they fully support illegal labor and status??
Eagle
They are doing it to the over the road trucking industry now. Clinton's NAFTA opened the door to Mexican truckers who are only supposed to drive America's highways on their way to and from the freight destination but end up taking the scenic route instead hauling Chinese goods from California to the east coast and back again. They are cheaper that US Citizens and they don't care if the truck they drive is unsafe.

Mexican truckers are also held to different standards than US Truckers.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/04/us/mexico-truck...

Further, they said the inspector general's report confirms fears the U.S. government will not hold Mexican trucks and truckers to the same safety standards as their U.S. counterparts.

"The Inspector Generals report pretty much has confirmed everything that our organization has contended since Day One," said Todd Spencer of the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has applied a "double standard" to Mexican operations, he said.

The report says FMCSA auditors allowed Mexican drivers to respond in Spanish to test questions, and that some Mexican drivers were unable to explain the meaning of signs labeled "Railroad Crossing" and "Wrong Way." And one FMCSA auditor did not investigate why one Mexican trucking company submitted a report containing incomplete drug and alcohol tests.
REWBAs memory lane

Newport Beach, CA

#191740 Oct 3, 2013
WOW wrote:

<quoted text> So please explain why the Repubicans have a bill to approve the Keystone Pipeline?

The republicans have a bill to approve the Keystone pipeline because the republicans don't care about the general population in the USA. The republicans care about the haves and the have mores. They are crooked as a pretzel and that's the truth.

Level 8

#191741 Oct 3, 2013
Well, I gotta go, I'm getting too ornery.
"Goodnight now ladies and gentlemen, goodnight now, ladies and gents, that's the end of the show, now it's time to go..."
REWBAs memory lane

Newport Beach, CA

#191742 Oct 3, 2013
REWBA wrote:

<quoted text>
The only thing stopping them from building that pipeline is their inability to keep that oil out of the largest ancient fresh water aquifer on planet earth but the right wing morons just blame Obama.

Clearly you have little, if no facts about the Keystone Pipeline. The State of Nebraska has paid millions on this and the pipeline has been rerouted around the Aquifer.
REWBAs memory lane

Newport Beach, CA

#191743 Oct 3, 2013
U R Clueless wrote:

<quoted text>Clearly you have little, if no facts about the Keystone Pipeline. The State of Nebraska has paid millions on this and the pipeline has been rerouted around the Aquifer.

REWBA responded:
First off, it is you that has no facts about this money pit. You only know what your right wing talking heads have told you.

The pipeline has been rerouted around the Nebraska sand hills. It still crosses the Ogallala Aquifer which spans eight states and provides drinking water for people and livestock.

The oil from the oil sands is the dirtiest oil known to man. When it is burned, it emits more toxic pollutants than coal. The oil companies and their elected puppets haven't told you that. Have they?

Why did the state of Nebraska pay millions? Where did they get it? From taxpayers? Why are taxpayer monies going to this private venture? The taxpayers will get nothing back for their money when the oil companies start profiting. But when the earth quakes at the seismic zone that this pipeline runs across and that dirty oil spills into the environment, the taxpayers will be expected to clean it up.

I get so tired of the ignorant right wing liars trying to sell me wars and whores. Outlaw the republican party and execute their leaders before they destroy the USA.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#191744 Oct 3, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
Well, I gotta go, I'm getting too ornery.
"Goodnight now ladies and gentlemen, goodnight now, ladies and gents, that's the end of the show, now it's time to go..."
Have a good one Free.

I'm about to check out too.

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Let it out

#191745 Oct 3, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you pay? I suppose those 'relaxation spas' are less sophisticated out your way...some plywood walls with 2" holes cut out about crotch height...keep it anonymous. You know, a 'rub 'n tug' joint. You never know what you're gonna get, all services one price. Cleanup on the house. Adequate for truckers and locals.
What do I pay? Let's see. I pay room and board and provide medical and dental insurance. I also provide a company car complete with tags, taxes, insurance, fuel and maintenance. Other perks include a mobile phone, a J.C. Penny card and a debit card with a $1K per week allowance. Stick to the allowance and don't screw me over on the J.C. Penny card and I'll pay that bill. Run up too much on the J/C/ Penny card and you have to pay it with your allowance until you can learn that money doesn't grow in a pasture. Oh, wait...It does!

Anyway, the position has been filled for more than three decades by the same woman and it doesn't look like she's going to quit anytime soon. ;)
REWBAs memory lane

Newport Beach, CA

#191746 Oct 3, 2013

REWBA

“RelaxEverythingW illBeAllright”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Wichita, KS

Apr 23, 2012

crawl back under ur rock wrote:

<quoted text>
You'd know all about that subject now wouldn't ya. Get a job, a real one besides posting on topix you useless idiot.

REWBA replied:

Lick my hairy nutsack you tea bag freak show!

“"One for the claws"”

Level 6

Since: Jul 10

Sin City,U.S.A.

#191747 Oct 3, 2013
REWBAs memory lane wrote:
U R Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly you have little, if no facts about the Keystone Pipeline. The State of Nebraska has paid millions on this and the pipeline has been rerouted around the Aquifer.
REWBA responded:
First off, it is you that has no facts about this money pit. You only know what your right wing talking heads have told you.
The pipeline has been rerouted around the Nebraska sand hills. It still crosses the Ogallala Aquifer which spans eight states and provides drinking water for people and livestock.
The oil from the oil sands is the dirtiest oil known to man. When it is burned, it emits more toxic pollutants than coal. The oil companies and their elected puppets haven't told you that. Have they?
Why did the state of Nebraska pay millions? Where did they get it? From taxpayers? Why are taxpayer monies going to this private venture? The taxpayers will get nothing back for their money when the oil companies start profiting. But when the earth quakes at the seismic zone that this pipeline runs across and that dirty oil spills into the environment, the taxpayers will be expected to clean it up.
I get so tired of the ignorant right wing liars trying to sell me wars and whores. Outlaw the republican party and execute their leaders before they destroy the USA.
You might want to execute the Democrat party also. They are trying to start world war III.

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Let it out

#191748 Oct 3, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.. When I first went into the construction business they used the have atrium's in the middle of home same with sunken floors in living/family rooms.. Not no more here in FL.. But anyway those atrium's would be the perfect place to have 5 or 10 plants.. I have no desire to smoke weed so it wouldn't matter to me..
Eagle
When you grow weed inside your home, you can't have any guests over. The ones who aren't cool will rat you out and the ones that are will rob you.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#191750 Oct 3, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
They`re Meth, Coke , Ecstasy, And Tattoo`s. And playing wannabe Death metal or Kill that Whitey Rap Ch!t.
Outside of gas money I gave it all to my mom.. Some azzholes might come up with BS here but I wasn't leaving Orlando without her either.. Yeah I'm her baby and she can get on my nerves but she is 75.. I sure couldn't count on my remaining brothers to keep a eye on her..

Eagle
REWBAs take on Florida

Newport Beach, CA

#191751 Oct 3, 2013
REWBA

“RelaxEverythingW illBeAllright”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Meade, KS

Feb 4, 2012

Eleven million Floridians are registered to vote so discovering "almost 100 illegally registered voters" isn't anything to worry about. I'm sure they could find several thousand dead registered republicans on those voting rolls as well. Many who have voted multiple times since passing. Don't worry about Florida's "ALMOST 100" illegal registered voters though. Florida consistently disqualifies two million democratic voters every election. That's how the few white people up north keeps the whole state tightly in the rethuglican camp.

Perhaps Floridians should worry more about the fecal matter that can be detected in their children's drinking water or the carcinogens that can be detected in the air their children breathe or the poisons that can be detected in their children's food.

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Let it out

#191752 Oct 3, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you could make your old lady do it, can't have her sitting on her ass all day, watching her stories. She might get a flat ass, and we can't have that. Get that woman a dew rag and out to the fields!
She only goes out to the garden when company is over so she can take all the credit for the beautiful flowers and the wonderful fruits. After they are gone it's me out there planting and weeding and stacking stones making everything gorgeous. That always pisses me off. Everyone knows it's the man that gardens yet they give all the credit to the woman. My wife doesn't even like gardening until there is fruit on the plants. Even then she doesn't go out and pick it. She is afraid of snakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr Outfitter for La ... 142,251
News The great Mexican wall deception: Trump's Ameri... 2 hr Paul P Tretiakoff 1
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 3 hr Swedenforever of ... 77
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 3 hr Swedenforever of ... 7,921
News Lawsuit opens new front in Obama immigration le... 3 hr Wildchild 6
News Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If... 3 hr Wildchild 12
News Hillary Clinton's Felonious Friends in Virginia 4 hr NoToGreedyPolitic... 1
More from around the web