The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 388430 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#190748 Oct 1, 2013
How The Government Shutdown Is Ruining Americans’ Vacations
http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnstanton/economic-...
From Pearl Harbor on Oahu to Volcanoes National Park here on the Big Island, hundreds of federal workers were being furloughed while park police were busy securing national parks. Meanwhile, thousands of Americans — many of whom saved for months or years to enjoy this tropical paradise — were having their travel plans disrupted thanks to the shuttering of the federal government at midnight Monday.

And that’s to say nothing for the thousands of Hawaii residents who have businesses that cater to the flood of tourists who visit these landmarks. From tour guides to hotel maids to mom-and-pop roadside restaurants, the economic impact could be massive.
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#190749 Oct 1, 2013
Sir William Ferrell wrote:
<quoted text>
Peopl;e know when they're getting close to your locale by the "Camel Toe De-Construciton-5 Miles Ahead" detour signs.
Yep, Watch for speed bumps and Buns front and rear. lololol
American Lady

Danville, KY

#190750 Oct 1, 2013
Chris Matthews: Obama Has "Met His Match" In Ted Cruz

CHRIS MATTHEWS: I think Ted Cruz is brilliant. I think the president has met his match in this guy. He set this thing up months ago with no budget agreement, therefore no appropriations, therefore the government would be completely exposed this morning, at midnight last night, to go to, to completely shut down. So he knows what he's doing. And it's about the baby, Obama’s baby. And you can't cut the baby in half. We learned that in Solomon. And they keep saying,'please negotiate your baby, please help us take it apart.'

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/1...

Hope 12 hours ago
CHRIS MATTHEWS: I think Ted Cruz is brilliant.

I knew the government was shutting down. I didn't know hell was freezing over.

nomobamamama Hope 12 hours ago
I wonder if the pee trickling down his leg will freeze.

nomobamamama 12 hours ago
Yo Tingles, Obama is no match for Cruz. Obama met his "matches" hanging with the Choom Gang, a bunch of druggie ne'er do wells. But with the help of an organized bunch of commies who realized they could trump real issues with the race card, he ended up in the White House thanks to PC Lib imbeciles like you.
``````````

PLUS:

President Obama: "I Shouldn't Have To Offer Anything"

I have said consistently that I'm always happy to talk to Republicans and Democrats about how we shape a budget that is investing in things like early childhood education, rebuilding our roads and bridges and putting people back to work, growing our economy, making sure that we have the research and development to stay at the cutting edge and that deals with some of our long-term debt issues. But we're not going to accomplish those things if one party to this conversation says that the only way that they come to the table is if they get 100 percent of what they want and if they don't, they threaten to burn down the house.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...

Flyoverman
No Congress is bound by the actions of a prior conference. What Obama has uttered, is total and complete nonsense. This is a spending bill for the upcoming year.

Everything is subject to change. Keep the government shut down until this little Marxist learns some civics and some humility.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#190751 Oct 1, 2013
Good Night *Patriots*...
Time for some zzzzzzzzzzzzz's

God Bless You AND God Bless America!
<3

#190753 Oct 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Good Night *Patriots*...
Time for some zzzzzzzzzzzzz's
God Bless You AND God Bless America!
<3
Grand Canyon visitors turned away
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
This visit was going to be the grand finale for the Bouquet brothers' first big trip together.

But when the five Minnesota brothers, ages 59 to 73, drove their motor home to Grand Canyon National Park's South Rim entrance Tuesday morning, they were told they couldn't stay. The park was closed until further notice. The U.S. government had shut down.

"We were just getting together to tour the national parks, while we could still do it," said John Bouquet. "We're disappointed."

#190754 Oct 1, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
G'night, Reality, sleep well and sweet dreams...
Arlington Cemetery Strips Away Mementos From Graves Of Fallen Troops
http://www.businessinsider.com/section-60-arl...
As casualties mounted in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, a solemn place inside Arlington National Cemetery — Section 60 — has served as the final resting place for many of the fallen.
The section is far from sites often visited by tourists, such as the Tomb of the Unknowns and Robert E. Lee's home.

Not surprisingly, many families have visited the graves and placed mementos: stones, crosses, photographs, and letters. But now, the next time they visit this "living memorial," all those mementos will be gone, Greg Jaffe of The Washington Post reports:

The changes began in August when cemetery officials decided that Section 60 should be subject to the same rules as the rest of the grounds.“The policy hasn’t changed,” said Jennifer Lynch, a spokeswoman for the cemetery.“The policy is the same, but the enforcement is different.” She said the cemetery was responding to complaints that the section had become too disorderly.
Sir William Newcastle

Ottumwa, IA

#190762 Oct 1, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, Watch for speed bumps and Buns front and rear. lololol
LMFAO!
QUIRKY does INDEED ROCK!
Sir William Newcastle

Ottumwa, IA

#190764 Oct 1, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the one who gave me the amount you will get when social security kicks in, NTR. I will bring that info forward written in your own words, not mine..
I know all I need to know about SS.. And when I do apply for SS, my son will automatically start receiving SS based upon my earnings which will supersede the pittance he receives in SSI. He will also qualify for medicare at the same time... At this time, I do not forsee me applying for SS until I am 66 and possibly 70... Why you may be asking as you scratch your head... Because I don't need it.. And if I don't need it at the time, it just makes more sense to me to wait where it will pay out more... That is what responsible adults do who are financially responsible and secure do.. Ain't it? Oh, wait a minute, I'm talking to YOU.. What the hell do YOU know about financial responsibility.. Silly me.. LMAO! You really are a glutton for punishment, NTR... Seriously...
LMFAO!

Truer words were NEVER spoken!

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#190765 Oct 1, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Every one pays into SSI aka the general fund in your state and then the FG kicks into SSI from FICA I believe..
No, she is a minor and her parents are responsible until she turns 18.. Just because she has issues does not render her incapable of working.. She would have to have a mental ilnnes or disability that prevents her from gainful employment.. And those on SSI are usually on a conservatorship of some type.... She may have some learning disabilities and the parents can have the school do an individual educational plan (IEP) done which is an assessment and if she needs assistance she could be placed in special ed classes which can allow her to be mainstreamed into regular classes... The education dept is responsible for 100 percent of the cost factor.. Many will bring the "budget" into the equation which makes it important that the person advocating for the girl is well educated into the rights of those with special needs as it is illegal to bring in the budget to deny the assistance needed... It is a process but well worth investing the time...
Docs are over medically our kids as I said before.. Hell she takes more pills than I take a day with my heart condition and more mgs.. Well her docs say she needs to be on SSI and I say just a good kick in the pants will do the job.. But I was wondering how that part of the system worked..

Eagle
Sir William Newcastle

Ottumwa, IA

#190767 Oct 2, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Like FS, she sure does like pulling on the zippers, don't she?
LMFAO~!

My side AND FACE is seriously hurting from laughing!

So......Keep em coming!.....lololololololololo lololol

#190770 Oct 2, 2013
The Forgotten War: 12 Years in Afghanistan Down the Memory Hole
http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/19165-t...
Seven billion dollars worth of equipment -- about 20% of what the U.S. sent in to that distant land -- is simply being torn up, chopped down, split, shredded, stomped, and, when possible, sold off for scrap at pennies a pound.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Rest well Brother

#190772 Oct 2, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, she will be eligible in November of this year to get medicare.. She is relieved and has been chomping at the bit for it...
Even with medicare that you get you payed into for you are wise to get a advantage plan to cover your cost..

Eagle
Sir William Necastle

Los Angeles, CA

#190775 Oct 2, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what the issue was.. You said none of it was governmentally funded.. You were wrong.. It is in the tune of 92 million tax payer dollars.. obama made the comment it will not be shut down which allows the military overseas to get their pay checks....
Don't blame me, that you were wrong in your assumptions of tax payers money not funding part of the postal service... But twist it any which way you want.. We all know, you can't handle being wrong and have a deep need to always be right...
<shaking head>
For the life of me, I cannot understand how Paul ended up gay.. He married a insecure and needy b*tch... LMAO!
Yes! Yes Yes!

My facial muscles just had a spasm man!

Lovin it!

I'm back out on the porch, and I'm back quiet.

You're the cat's meow man!

lolololololololol
Sir William Necastle

Los Angeles, CA

#190777 Oct 2, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even with medicare that you get you payed into for you are wise to get a advantage plan to cover your cost..
Eagle
She'll never be able to afford it unless her ex hubby suddenly "ups" his contributory "allowance" to his failed marriage to her.

But then again, why should he?

Highly unlikely she'll ever be able to afford even the Bronze Obama Plan.

Fitting too.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Rest well Brother

#190778 Oct 2, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, she will be eligible in November of this year to get medicare.. She is relieved and has been chomping at the bit for it...
Why?? I myself hate seeing a doc.. Let them spend a few nights in a CCU and that would cure that real quick.. I gotta go back into the OR in well who knows how long but I should have about 7 months on the pacer battery left.. In 9 days time for another check and they usually don't wait till the last second.. I wonder if they will let me keep my buddy for these years??

Eagle
Sir William Necastle

Los Angeles, CA

#190779 Oct 2, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
The Forgotten War: 12 Years in Afghanistan Down the Memory Hole
http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/19165-t...
Seven billion dollars worth of equipment -- about 20% of what the U.S. sent in to that distant land -- is simply being torn up, chopped down, split, shredded, stomped, and, when possible, sold off for scrap at pennies a pound.
So what?

A mere pittance.

We made our point and that's all that counts.

Not some "hardly noticeable,super limited strike" like your Obama god likes to call it.

If you're going to WAR?

GO BIG OR GO THE FCK HOME!

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Rest well Brother

#190783 Oct 2, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't part of the original discussion.. He became part of it when NTR decided to regurgitate it a year or two later.... She went to squeeze it in early tonite but not in its full content...
The devil is in the details.. How anyone can think a 8k character post can translate into 2k page law is beyond me..

But then again from the wicked witch from the west your start mind you pelosi will never be seen in the south.. Fck her and all you dems that support her..

Eagle
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#190787 Oct 2, 2013
They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again.
Why is it the Republicans in Congress seem so determined to prove this maxim?
43 times ever since the Republicans took control of the House they have held vote after vote to roll back the law (Obamacare),while ignoring important business like fixing the Postal Service.
Of course we know what they are trying to accomplish.
They are trying to mollify the extremist element of their party, the Tea Party Republicans who vote in primaries and who have succeeded in electing lots of House members and a handful of Senators, such as Ted Cruz of Texas and Mario Rubio of Florida.
A party controlled by its most extreme faction will ultimately be forced back to the center. The Democrats learned that when Walter Mondale was losing to Ronald Reagon and Micheal Dukakis to George H.W. Bush.
Now it is the Republicans who don't seem to understand that their extreme tactics are pleasing a small percentage of their countrymen but alienating everyone else.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Rest well Brother

#190790 Oct 2, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
I'mnot familiar with that advantage package that you speak of, Eagle... If you are talking about what we all pay into to our individual states into the general fund, then you are right..
Medicare kicks in when you reach the age of 65 and you go to apply for it a few months before you reach 65.. Unlike AARP, SS does not send you an application.. Under 65 to my understanding, each state does have an insurance that again, is funded thru the general fund.. Here in Ca it is called MediCal.. Although my son got that shortly after the onset of his disability, I carried him on my insurance plan of which I paid a portion for him to have it as well as myself... I used my insurance for him, although the medical would have covered the co-pays and a portion of what ever the dr's or hospital billed in addition to their costs.. I just figured, a 5 dollar co-pay for dr's visits and prescriptions and no charges if he were hospitalized sufficed... No need for me to have the state pay for something I was in a position to do myself... I carried him on it until I left State Service... He currently is using MediCal which I am fine with as he is getting just as good of care if I were paying for his insurance, so I don't have him on my plan now.. And with him, there is no co-pay on anything.. And I don't know when I will apply for my pension.. As it is now, it is earning 6 percent interest and when I start to collect it, I think the interest stops paying on it... Anyhow, the more I put it off the more it will pay out and if I don't need it, it doesn't make sense to collect it... At least to me, it doesn't.. Since I put him down as special circumstances, he will receive 100 percent of my pension...
What are you still doing up? You haven't taken your meds yet? lol
See thats what I was asking rosie earlier and she got a attitude.. Anyway we have medicare advantage programs here and I am sure in CA as well.. We don't have mediCal so I assume its medicaid.. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.. I have medicare along with a advantage plan that covers most of the cost as well.. But really with my health conditions I can't expect everything to be covered.. I am not obama and trying to fool anyone..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Rest well Brother

#190791 Oct 2, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
She has medical issues...
You just had the battery changed a few years back, didn't you? My son's battery for his VNS is good for 7 years.... Who's your buddy? Your pacemaker?
Yes I did and the programmer decides.. I don't know what happened but they or it fcking machines said I had one year left.. In 9 days I will know and go from there..

Yeah my buddy is my pacer and maybe they will put in a defib this time.. I don't know.. But I did go get my flu shot..

Eagle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 8 min Frankie Rizzo 953
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 37 min quetzalcoatl 141,598
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 45 min Memo From Turner 3,639
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 1 hr Quirky 6,693
News Hundreds Demand that Arizona Governor Doug Duce... 1 hr So You Know 14
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 2 hr Tom Clancey. 323
News Criminal Aliens Are Being Released in US Becaus... 2 hr serfs up 11
More from around the web