The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391852 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#188203 Sep 26, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Well, squirtswold, The topic is about our president and I am staying on topic whether you call it dodging or not, You supported lies, both of a personal nature as well as otherwise uttered by your master, Obama.
What is the difference?
Obama denies Obamacare’s harm to the economy
http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/26/obama-denie...
Opponents “said the rates would come in real high, and everyone’s premiums would be sky high, and it turns out, lo and behold, actually the prices came in lower than we expected, lower than I predicted,” he claimed.
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#188204 Sep 26, 2013
FakeQuirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Just STFU Rose. You are getting real old real fast here. Every day the same old stuff.
More spoofing today ?? Yep!

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#188205 Sep 26, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
As Entrepreneurs Keep Reminding Us, They Lied To Us In Econ. 101
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnchisholm/2013...
Products and services are continually being introduced to and retired from the market; people are constantly entering and leaving the workforce; and competition and regulations are constantly changing. They lied to us in Econ 101. The truth is that nothing in business or the economy is ever at equilibrium.
The bulk of the jobs created since the recession, 1.7 million, have been in food services, retail and temp agencies, sectors in which workers typically remain below the poverty level even working full-time.

Temp agencies have emerged as the growth industry of the Obama administration. No other sector of the economy comes close. These jobs, the nation’s most insecure and low-paying, have jumped 50 percent since the end of the recession. A full 12 percent of the American workforce, a staggering 17 million people, is now forced to depend on the uncertain and stressful world of contingency work.
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#188206 Sep 26, 2013
Courtney Caverhall wrote:
<quoted text>
The main thing is she gets the attention that she craves. Thats why she is on Topix day and night - unless she is smoking pot
I bet her entire house looks like Oscar Madisons room in The Odd Couple.
Except that was my spoofer you were responding to.

#188207 Sep 26, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
The bulk of the jobs created since the recession, 1.7 million, have been in food services, retail and temp agencies, sectors in which workers typically remain below the poverty level even working full-time.
Temp agencies have emerged as the growth industry of the Obama administration. No other sector of the economy comes close. These jobs, the nation’s most insecure and low-paying, have jumped 50 percent since the end of the recession. A full 12 percent of the American workforce, a staggering 17 million people, is now forced to depend on the uncertain and stressful world of contingency work.
Financial Help For Many, Penalties For Some Under Obamacare
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/09/26/fin...
There’s even more help called cost-sharing for those who make under $29,000 if they choose the so-called silver plan of coverage.

Failure to have an insurance plan by March 31 means a penalty of $95 per adult or $47.50 per child, up to $285 per family — OR — one percent of family income, whichever is greater.
Sir William Ferrell

Dallas, TX

#188208 Sep 26, 2013
SissyEd wrote:
<quoted text>
racer, you’re so old that when your "for a fee" girlfriend says,“Lets go upstairs and make love,”
you answer,“Honey, I can’t do both!”
MAY YOU INCREASE YOUR STANDING IN LIFE AND MIRACULOUSLY BECOME A LOWLY, STRANDED PECKERGNAT, STRUGGLING AND STUCK IN THE CHITTY WATER OF BARBARA MILKULSKI'S UNFLUSHED TOILET BOWL.

I HOPE YOU GET TO PERSONALLY WITNESS SEN. BARBARA MIKULSKI OPEN THE BOWL HATCH, SIT HER FATAZZ DOWN AND LET HER FLY!

lololololololololololol...tee hee...tee hee.

Does it look like Barbara Mikulski has EVER missed a FREE senate dining room meal or entree?

Ever?

And it's even easier to look like that when they deliver straight to her Senate Office!

lololololololololololol...tee hee...tee hee

Yet more visible proof of the personal self immolation plaague that the Dems/Libs/Progs are world famous for.

lololololololololololol...tee hee....tee hee
Sir William Ferrell

Dallas, TX

#188209 Sep 26, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not telling the truth, Sleazy.
You either have reading comprehension problems, or you deliberately distort what's said to suit your agenda. Nowhere in my comment did I say YOU had used those words. I said:
"Everyone of those words has been posted by someone at sometime on this thread and many others and mostly by YOUR friends like GR, Quirky, Ferrell and assorted trolls and proxy users."
"Everyone of those words has been posted by SOMEONE" does not mean YOU personally.
And you're still lying about "hoe" and "KMA." You're still a troll just seeking attention and stirring up trouble, nothing more.
<quoted text>
LMAO! You're joking right?
Everyone of those words has been posted by someone at sometime on this thread and many others and mostly by YOUR friends like GR, Quirky, Ferrell and assorted trolls and proxy users. You have nothing on me, dumbass.(That was intentional.) Hahahahahah!
You really need me to bring forth more proof? This is so utterly ridiculous I can't stop laughing at you.
And you who calls me "hoe" and ends your posts with "KMA."
And then you lie about what they mean. LMAO at you, hypocrite!
Grow up and quit begging for my attention, Sleazy troll.
Diane Feinstein could surely use some of your facial concealer tips.

Got any?

Or are we looking at a 15 year, California bad roads project government grant request here.

lololololololololololololololo lolololololol

tee hee...tee hee
Sir William Ferrell

Dallas, TX

#188210 Sep 26, 2013
Obama on Obamacare:“We did raise taxes on some things.”

"Some things" means uninsured families, med devices,flex accounts, small businesses, people with high medical bills and even charitable hospitals.

During his Tuesday remarks at the Clinton Global Initiative, President Obama admitted that his health care law raises taxes:“So what we did — it’s paid for by a combination of things. We did raise taxes on some things.”

“Some things” is an understatement. Below is just a partial list of Obamacare’s new or higher taxes on Americans:

Starting in tax year 2013:

Obamacare Medical Device Tax: Medical device manufacturers employ 409,000 people in 12,000 plants across the country. Obamacare imposes a new 2.3 percent excise tax on gross sales – even if the company does not earn a profit in a given year. In addition to killing small business jobs and impacting research and development budgets, this will make everything from pacemakers to artificial hips more expensive.

Obamacare High Medical Bills Tax: Before Obamacare, Americans facing high medical expenses were allowed a deduction to the extent that those expenses exceeded 7.5 percent of adjusted gross income (AGI). Obamacare now imposes a threshold of 10 percent of AGI. Therefore, Obamacare not only makes it more difficult to claim this deduction, it widens the net of taxable income.

According to the IRS, 10 million families took advantage of this tax deduction in 2009, the latest year of available data. Almost all are middle class. The average taxpayer claiming this deduction earned just over $53,000 annually. ATR estimates that the average income tax increase for the average family claiming this tax benefit will be $200 -$400 per year. To learn more about this tax, click here.

Obamacare Flexible Spending Account Tax: The 30 - 35 million Americans who use a pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) at work to pay for their family’s basic medical needs face a new Obamacare cap of $2,500. This will squeeze $13 billion of tax money from Americans over the next ten years.

(Before Obamacare, the accounts were unlimited under federal law, though employers were allowed to set a cap.) Now, a parent looking to sock away extra money to pay for braces will find themselves quickly hitting this new cap, meaning they would have to pony up some or all of the cost with after-tax dollars.

Needless to say, this tax will especially impact middle class families.

There is one group of FSA owners for whom this new cap will be particularly cruel and onerous: parents of special needs children. Nationwide there are several million families with special needs children and many of them use FSAs to pay for special needs education. Tuition rates at one leading school that teaches special needs children in Washington, D.C.(National Child Research Center) can easily exceed $14,000 per year.

Under tax rules, FSA dollars can be used to pay for this type of special needs education. This Obamacare tax provision will limit the options available to these families.

Obamacare Super Saver Surtax: A new, 3.8 percent surtax on investment income earned in households making at least $250,000 ($200,000 single). This tax hike results in the following top tax rates on investment income:

Starting in tax year 2014:

Obamacare Individual Mandate Non-Compliance Tax: Starting in 2014, anyone not buying “qualifying” health insurance – as defined by President Obama’s Department of Health and Human Services -- must pay an income surtax to the IRS. The Congressional Budget Office recently estimated that six million American families will be liable for the tax, and as pointed out by the Associated Press:“Most would be in the middle class.”
Sir William Ferrell

Dallas, TX

#188211 Sep 26, 2013
In addition, 100 percent of Americans filing a tax return (140 million filers) will be forced to submit paperwork to the IRS showing they either had “qualifying” health insurance for every month of the tax year or they obtained an exemption to the mandate.

(Delayed by Obama to 2015) Obamacare Employer Mandate Tax: If an employer does not offer health coverage, and at least one employee qualifies for a health tax credit, the employer must pay an additional non-deductible tax of $2,000 for all full-time employees.

This provision applies to all employers with 50 or more employees. If any employee actually receives coverage through the exchange, the penalty on the employer for that employee rises to $3,000. If the employer requires a waiting period to enroll in coverage of 30-60 days, there is a $400 tax per employee ($600 if the period is 60 days or longer).

Obamacare Tax on Health Insurers: Annual tax on the industry imposed relative to health insurance premiums collected that year. The tax phases in gradually until 2018. Fully imposed on firms with $50 million in profits.

Starting in tax year 2018:

Obamacare Tax on Union Member and Early Retiree Health Insurance Plans: Obamacare imposes a new 40 percent excise tax on high cost or “Cadillac” health insurance plans, effective in 2018.

This tax increase will most directly affect union families and early retirees, who are likely to be covered by such plans. This Obamacare tax will be levied on insurance policies whose premiums exceed $10,200 for an individual and $27,500 for a family.

Middle class union members tend to be covered by such plans in states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Higher threshold ($11,500 single/$29,450 family) for early retirees and high-risk professions. CPI +1 percentage point indexed.
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#188212 Sep 26, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama denies Obamacare’s harm to the economy
http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/26/obama-denie...
Opponents “said the rates would come in real high, and everyone’s premiums would be sky high, and it turns out, lo and behold, actually the prices came in lower than we expected, lower than I predicted,” he claimed.
Way, WAY too early to tell how the inappropriately named Affordable Care Act will affect insurance rates.

Any claim by Obama that today's low rates are a bellwether of low rates to come is at best naive and at worst dishonest. Considering the source, my bet is the claim is politically expedient.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#188213 Sep 26, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
"That's why if you don't buy it, you'll pay a penalty for your failure."
Except for the illegal aliens, and their anchor rats will probably still get it for free.
That isn't clear, FB. The children who are U.S. citizens? Yes, they will if the family's income qualifies them for Medicaid, but they already get treated for free via Medicaid.

Have you read anything that spells out what the rules are for anybody here illegally? Early on, I know they were specifically excluded, but I don't know what the situation is now that some have been afforded work papers.

In L.A., I know that community based clinics in Los Angeles were open to ALL residents in the past when I lived there, and illegals were treated for every situation you can imagine from bunions to eyelid surgery to you name it - and all you needed to show at the clinic to receive service was proof of residency - not legal status. I knew somebody who had had both of those conditions I mentioned treated via L.A. County Health Services, and she was not legal. I don't know what happens now.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#188214 Sep 26, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>No, and neither would most if asked the question, because who that would be would be the most vulnerable. That's why if you don't buy it, you'll pay a penalty for your failure. That will ultimately reduce the cost to taxpayers and to society. Could we really in good conscience watch dying people turned away from treatment at our emergency rooms? that's basically what you're advocating, and the first little blue baby on hospital steps whose lifeless corpse hit the front page of the New York Times or major media source, that's when the outrage would begin.
When I saw the video of the Syrian mother saying a final goodbye to her "babies" (little ones) who had been killed by Sarin nerve gas, it just tore me up as she held one to her breast for the last time. How can we NOT feel? What could be wrong with us a human beings that we could be so callous?
When you say "don't treat them", you don't really visualize what that would look like I don't believe. A $5.00 bottle of antibiotic in a suspense formula can be the difference in a living child or one who dies of a perfectly curable condition, but you don't get that without seeing a licensed professional who can prescribe it. It isn't OTC.
Why would you deny a corporation to make a profit and not take a loss when aca was passed??

"That's why if you don't buy it, you'll pay a penalty for your failure. That will ultimately reduce the cost to taxpayers and to society. "

Just explain how is all I ask.. Do you think the money IRS collects will go towards lowering the premium's for other Americans??

"Could we really in good conscience watch dying people turned away from treatment at our emergency rooms?"

As I posted last night I am all in "if you attach single payer to the fair tax" and if not don't ask me to support any other law that don't regarding the topic..

Eagle
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#188215 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>
LMAO! Make me, Spot!
Are you trying to impress your master GR? Maybe you'll get a scooby snack if you sit up and fetch for him. Good boy.
Look at your own posts, dummy. There as predictable as clockwork just like Tally's. You're the two biggest bores on Topix.
My spoofer again.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#188216 Sep 26, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
"That's why if you don't buy it, you'll pay a penalty for your failure."
Except for the illegal aliens, and their anchor rats will probably still get it for free.
You know they will.. If they support aca they should support a law that allows hospitals and docs to deny care to those without.. You have to be all in or nothing..

Eagle
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#188217 Sep 26, 2013
Sir William Ferrell wrote:
A Weary Sen. Ted Cruz Still Managed To Take On Dick Durbin And To Refuse To Let John McCain Have The Floor
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/09/25100-a...
If the Citizens of Arizona were smart. They would vote McCain out!

#188218 Sep 26, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
It is more difficult to undo the damage than it is to prevent the damage from happening in the first place..
Although I would like to think/believe I feel the same way, the sensibility in me kicks in as there are many who will pay the price of the idiots who don't know any better....
Cleaning wipes causing big plumbing problems
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23520533/20...
While they may go down the drain easily, they could be causing major plumbing problems once they're in your pipes.

#188219 Sep 26, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
My spoofer again.
Big problems, small solutions
http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2013/09...
“There are more solar panels in Bavaria than the United States.”
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#188220 Sep 26, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU Rose. Same old stuff again. You dont want me on your bad side And I am not going to put up with your lies and mean ways any more.
StfU yourself Spoof ball!

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#188221 Sep 26, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you deny a corporation to make a profit and not take a loss when aca was passed??
Are you posting about a for profit medical group? If so, I've already gone on record here as believing "for profit" medicine doesn't serve a nation well. So, I'm opposed to that. When people say that Americans will just stop becoming physicians, I point out that this certainly doesn't seem to be the case in either Israel or other Scandinavian countries that have universal health care and more practicing physicians per population than we have here.
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>

"That's why if you don't buy it, you'll pay a penalty for your failure. That will ultimately reduce the cost to taxpayers and to society. "

Just explain how is all I ask.. Do you think the money IRS collects will go towards lowering the premium's for other Americans??
Do I? No. I didn't say I did. It will cost less for taxpayers than it does right now, because taxpayers already foot the bill for medical care for any illegal who shows up at the ER and receives treatment, and the government will be collecting penalties that somewhat offset the cost of treating illegals in Emergency Rooms. I don't expect that money to lower premiums - just reduce the costs to taxpayers that hospitals receive for treating illegals under federal mandates already in place.
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>

"Could we really in good conscience watch dying people turned away from treatment at our emergency rooms?"

As I posted last night I am all in "if you attach single payer to the fair tax" and if not don't ask me to support any other law that don't regarding the topic..
Eagle
Okay. I won't. Suit yourself. I still don't support your fair tax.
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#188222 Sep 26, 2013
FakeQuirky wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU Rose and you are stinking again.
And you are spoofing again Ricky Boy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 4 min porkmo 10,561
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr Maverick 808 141,984
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 3 hr dp cassie 5,787
News Judge orders Kansas to count thousands of dispu... 5 hr Wildchild 1
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 5 hr Mikey 7,059
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 9 hr Rose_NoHo 1,157
News Outrage, caution from Latino stars in critical ... 11 hr Ted Haggard s Mas... 4
More from around the web