The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 328636 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#183702 Sep 15, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
Florida girl commits suicide after severe bullying
Twelve-year-old Rebecca Sedwick became one of the youngest victims of cyber-bullying when she committed suicide by jumping off a tower at a concrete plant after months of torment. Her mother says most of the bullying came from social media. Don Dahler reports.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...
What a pity but the parent should have been monitoring her a little better..

Can you learn how to post a proper link to a story??

http://news.yahoo.com/video/florida-girl-comm...

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Ocala, FL

#183703 Sep 15, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey mom! You know those girls who kept on bullying me that forced you to place me into another school? Well, I've stayed in touch with them via this cell phone that you gave me. Can I have some more minutes on my phone? I don't think they are finished calling me names and making me feel bad about myself.
Thats pretty much how I saw it as well.. I don't see charges filed in this case either..

Eagle

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#183705 Sep 15, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer new clothes and appliances.. Not second hand clothing or used appliances... We are just in separate classes, NTR where one of us can afford new and the other can't.. Wow, you furnished your house on goodwill furnishings.. Hell, You just may have bought some of our left overs... LOL
Living a life of wealth and greed
http://au.christiantoday.com/article/living-a...
Greed. It’s a part of life we both love and hate. We love it because we get what we want. On the other hand, we hate it because of that very reason. Greedy people are generally not liked because they focus on themselves, and not others.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#183706 Sep 15, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey mom! You know those girls who kept on bullying me that forced you to place me into another school? Well, I've stayed in touch with them via this cell phone that you gave me. Can I have some more minutes on my phone? I don't think they are finished calling me names and making me feel bad about myself.
Whoa, I gave you a prop by mistake.

Kind of harsh don't you think toward a young girl who committed suicide? Blaming the victim is so cold in my opinion.

Sometimes you really come off with some screwy comments, DP.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#183707 Sep 15, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"ntr"
Relax. You are getting your panties in a bunch. Wonder on down to your local Goodwill store, save some money, relax, enjoy a nice cold one, meditate.
I do have a question. You have a problem with muslims? You do not like muslims? muslims are just like all other folks, there are good ones and bad ones.
Peace
KMA
I only have a problem with somebody calling a Christian a Muslim and a Muslim a Christian, most particularly as it relates to their motivation in so doing. For example, our Christian President has been repeatedly mischaracterized as a Muslim on these threads and by the far right. Islam is a religion. It is also the rule of law in some parts of the world, and in those situations, extremism and literal interpretation suppress human beings - most especially women. Study of the Koran replaces science, literature and basic and balanced education. Of such narrow vision are radical extremists born and ignorance fueled.

My son is Christian, spiritual and an adherent to "Conversations with God". All of my children are spiritual and believers. I never forced any religion down their throats, but I did always tell them that our prayers are heard and that this life is not all there is to the soul and that I was positive of that. The New Testament held important messages for them about how to conduct yourself and that The life and teachings of Jesus Christ held invaluable rules for living human life. The rest I left for them to ask, to read about, to learn and to discover for themselves. They all believe in prayer and in God, and each has a personal relationship as they perceive God in their lives. None of them are racist or bigots.

Level 9

San Ramon, CA

#183708 Sep 15, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose and nutter are just evil any more. I have had enough enough of it.
Yet you just can't stop lying about us and gossiping about us, can you, lapdog? LOL!

Calling me and NTR "evil" is about as stupid as it gets. If you've "had enough," then quit following us around and posting your ignorant insults day and day out, moron.

Oh wait, which sock are you again? Sounds like AL. She's the one that always calls NTR "nutter." You idiots play so many games, then accuse others of creating discord here.

You right-wing nut jobs are the biggest liars, hypocrites, and chit-stirring punks on this thread just as you've always been on every thread on this Forum.

Level 9

San Ramon, CA

#183712 Sep 15, 2013
Quirky wrote:
Here is Roses other Sock besides SpOko. lololol
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...
Lying little punk.

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#183714 Sep 15, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of harsh don't you think toward a young girl who committed suicide? Blaming the victim is so cold in my opinion.
A twelve-year-old girl is dead. Sad. Let's start looking for someone to blame! Let's blame the school! Let's blame other twelve-year-old girls! Let's blame social media! Let's blame the cement plant! Let's blame the internet! Let's blame everyone who had no responsibility for the safety and well being of this twelve-year-old girl! Blame something or someone! Just don't blame the person who gave her the phone and ignored the signs.

re·spon·si·bil·i·ty (noun) 1. the state or fact of having a duty to deal with something or of having control over someone.

Level 9

San Ramon, CA

#183715 Sep 15, 2013
Wow, so much hateful gossip and lies from the usual chit-stirrers here.

I can't bother replying to GR's vicious lies and accusations, so I'll be brief and for all you hate-filled, miserable liars and hypocrites......

GFY!

Hahhahahahaha!
higgans

Marion, IN

#183717 Sep 15, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
GR's not a fan of the Constitution, or democracy, it seems.
did you know that the Constitution is NOT a fan of democracy?

it IS the blueprint for a Republic, tho.

sometimes referred to a representative Republic or a democratic Rebuplic.

but NEVER a democracy.

for that, see ancient Greece.

answer us this: in a REAL democracy(simple majority rule), could ANY court overturn ANY vote?

then how does that happen in our 'democracy'?

you, like so many others posting here, know NOT of what you speak...

(normally I wouldn't even respond to YOUR posts, but, I took this opportunity to make an ACTUAL political comment on a political thread.:))
Whatever

Gering, NE

#183718 Sep 15, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/behind-...
Exclusive: The Koch brothers' secret bank
By MIKE ALLEN and JIM VANDEHEI
9/13/13
An Arlington, Va.-based conservative group, whose existence until now was unknown to almost everyone in politics, raised and spent $250 million in 2012 to shape political and policy debate nationwide.
The group, Freedom Partners, and its president, Marc Short, serve as an outlet for the ideas and funds of the mysterious Koch brothers, cutting checks as large as $63 million to groups promoting conservative causes, according to an IRS document to be filed shortly.
The 38-page IRS filing amounts to the Rosetta Stone of the vast web of conservative groups — some prominent, some obscure — that spend time, money and resources to influence public debate, especially over Obamacare.
The group has about 200 donors, each paying at least $100,000 in annual dues. It raised $256 million in the year after its creation in November 2011, the document shows. And it made grants of $236 million — meaning a totally unknown group was the largest sugar daddy for conservative groups in the last election, second in total spending only to Karl Rove’s American Crossroads and Crossroads GPS, which together spent about $300 million.
Short, a soft-spoken but ferociously conservative 43-year-old operative, provided us a draft of a forthcoming IRS filing that will soon be available to the public. Short, like most in the Koch empire, feels wealthy conservative activists such as Charles and David Koch get a bum rap from the media. So, Short wants to ease his groups and their cause out of the shadows...(cont.)
As I was reading the original post about the FEDs spending billions of OUR tax dollars trying to keep the Stock Market inflated, I thought that a real dumb counterpoint would be pointing out that somebody spent millions of their own dollars.

Bam, and you did it.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#183719 Sep 15, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a pity but the parent should have been monitoring her a little better..
Can you learn how to post a proper link to a story??
http://news.yahoo.com/video/florida-girl-comm...
Eagle
I posted the link I intended to.

:)

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Ocala, FL

#183720 Sep 15, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right.. The mother should had been paying more attention to her daughters activities and been checking her cell phone on a regular basis.. But let's blame social media for the hate that is inbred in some people.. What astounds me, is the lack of emotion the mother had and lack of awareness of her daughters activities.. Yeah, "woulda, coulda, shoulda". What a pizz poor after thought excuse she provided... My guess is the girl had more issues than meets the eye and possibly having a border line personality. Her message to her friend, just did not go in her direction.. I do not think she was really able to acknowledge, dead is dead... Although it is suicide, accidental suicide like this happen all the time amongst the young.. She gave out a cry and possibly was expecting a rescue but it never happened... They don't understand that leap is final....
Oh c'mon Eagle, give me a break.. You know damn well Jax knows how to post a link.. He was attempting to take an advantage of the death of a 12 year old girls suicide and then post a link where Sir William and I were posting to portray us as bullies.. He also did not want others to see the story for what it really was and is.... Another cry for attention.
No doubt she had underlying problems.. Where was the dad?? Was he even around?? I think they do over-medicate our youth in a effort to sell more drugs..

Hmmmmm do you think jax has been considering suicide since he is supposed to be being bullied?? Naw he wants to act like the bully himself.. I admit you can run into a few flakes here that would consider suicide over a social media site.. I try and stay away from them if at all possible..

Eagle
Michael Bradshaw

Richmond, VA

#183722 Sep 15, 2013
And Now Obama is saying that everyone needs to have a home business. I've always agreed with that. Starting any sort of business takes hard work and dedication. Most folks want to get rich quick and expect to not have to put in work to get results. That doesn't exist in this reality. But you can get pretty close by checking out http://homebusinessjoys.info

Level 6

Location hidden

#183723 Sep 15, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, it was way harsh and more than a little dismissive of what that little girl went through and what her family must be feeling now, but hey...that's our DP.

No secret that I like talking to DP, but when gets in one of his moods I usually just flip him the bird and wait patiently until he decides to climb down out of the tree.

What else can ya do?

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#183724 Sep 15, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should someone who humped their azz and worked hard think of the low lifes who do absolutely nothing to better themselves or their situation?
No, the low lifes hate the fact that they are ignored while those in need are not ignored by the "greedy".
But you keep on keeping on spinning the facts by spamming the thread with your cut and paste articles.. It is about all you can do as you don't have the intellect to discuss it...
Don't ever forget
http://www.barrowjournal.com/archives/8303-PE...
Talk is cheap. So is diplomacy when its origin wouldn’t know an honest thought if they ran headlong into each other on the street.

An insincere apology makes “I’m sorry” only so many empty words.

Level 9

San Ramon, CA

#183725 Sep 15, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
A twelve-year-old girl is dead. Sad. Let's start looking for someone to blame! Let's blame the school! Let's blame other twelve-year-old girls! Let's blame social media! Let's blame the cement plant! Let's blame the internet! Let's blame everyone who had no responsibility for the safety and well being of this twelve-year-old girl! Blame something or someone! Just don't blame the person who gave her the phone and ignored the signs.
re·spon·si·bil·i·ty (noun) 1. the state or fact of having a duty to deal with something or of having control over someone.
There's no need to blame anyone really.

A young girl committed suicide. Her family lost their daughter, sister, etc. Maybe a little compassion is all that's really necessary and trying to understand without blaming.
Michael Bradshaw

Richmond, VA

#183726 Sep 15, 2013
I don't know why any of you are surprised that Obama has us in the predicament that we are in. The best thing to do is start your own business and control your own economy. Here is a great way to accumulate startup funds.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Ocala, FL

#183727 Sep 15, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
They haven't totally ruled it out according to the video...
Yea I know and they would have to prove it in a court of law.. This case the mother moved her out of the enviroment (school) and allowed her to continue on in contact with the others.. Here is where the mother was a bad parent and not enforcing a no contact order upon her daughter.. I don't think you would ever get a jury to convict someone on those terms.. JMO..

Eagle

Level 6

Location hidden

#183728 Sep 15, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Right. Just as we should forget the Holocaust since that's all over with and Hitler has been dead a long assed time, and we should pretend that Pearl Harbor was never bombed or that we didn't imprison Japanese Americans. We should not remember turning points in history that served to fuel transformation and change. We should just "get on with it" and not remind ourselves of how it came to be that we were made to pay attention to injustice or disparity and just how far those opposed were willing to go to squelch human rights and equal opportunity. I suppose we shouldn't acknowledge women's suffrage and how women got the right to vote as well either, huh? I mean....after all....we can vote now.
Seriously. If people of color want to commemorate turning points in history that focus on their long struggle for equal rights, they should keep it on the down low and not impose that news on white folks.
Sheesh.
The legacy of four little girls

Fifty years have passed since a bomb stopped the old sanctuary clock in Birmingham's 16th Street Baptist Church, locking in a moment that would change a nation.

The four girls killed in the blast have been honored as civil rights martyrs, their names etched in history books...

...It was 10:22 a.m. on Sunday, September 15, 1963, when a stack of dynamite hidden beneath an outside staircase by Ku Klux Klansmen left a massive hole and crater in one side of the church. The blast blew out windows, filled the place with dust and debris, and destroyed a ladies restroom in the basement -- killing the four girls and injuring nearly two dozen people.

Even before the bombing, the church -- in the heart of the city's black community -- had been a backdrop to the civil rights movement. It had drawn high-profile visitors, including the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. It became a perfect spot for meetings, sitting catty-corner from Kelly Ingram Park, a staging ground for marches. Chilling photographs of young people being attacked with fire hoses and by dogs show the church steps in the background.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/14/us/birmingham-c...
----------

Honestly, I think it bothers them because we won't let them forget what they would rather not remember...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Illegal immigrants fewer, older now 20 min Ad Nauseum 2
News Obama hopes to save immigration amnesty de... 26 min Dreamscape 3
News What Should Citizenship Mean? 28 min Joe Schmoe 83
News Time for Republican obsession with border secur... 29 min Lawrence Wolf 19
News Feds blocked volunteers from migrant detention ... 34 min wild child 1
News Obama's immigration order stalls. For 5 million... 36 min wild child 1
News Lawmakers send governor a bill aimed at crooked... 37 min wild child 1
More from around the web