The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 384016 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#182830 Sep 12, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not Anymore"
That series of videos were started JANUARY 2013! They go through August 2013! When September 2013 is done it will be uploaded too. There will be an October, November and December video to complete the Year 2013.
These videos are made by Farmers. Real Farmers! Not some jerk who claims to have been "Raised" on his Uncles farm. You didn't see one illegal alien on that farm. Not one! These kids get up EVERY DAY before the sunrise to feed their cattle before school. They don't sleep in on weekends. The cattle need to eat twice EVERY DAY!
You might think that all that looks easy but it is HARD word. Even with machinery. Temperatures here in Kansas in January are freezing! Add the wind chill factor and it's deadly! Cattle need to drink water. Water freezes in the winter. The ice must be broke at least twice each day so the cattle can drink water.
The point of those videos is to show that there is NO DAYS OFF on a farm. NONE! Every day is a WORKDAY! Those machines need maintenance. There is nothing lightweight on farm equipment. Everything is heavy. Every bolt is rusted tight. Every moving part needs greased. Tires need patched. Do you have any idea how much a tractor tire weighs? Ever broke one down? That one little job would probably kill you.
Daydream all you want about your life on a farm. You know nothing about farming! All you know how to do is eat and talk about how little you really know.
I'm Farming and I Grow It - The Peterson Farm Bros
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wTRHg0rS6rcXX
Agree... Hard work. I think it is fun though.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#182832 Sep 12, 2013
buzzer wrote:
I suppose I work on the theory that you kill more flies with vinegar than you do by attracting them with honey? Or that maybe if you pound down liberal pretensions and self-righteousness enough, they'll start to see common sense?
It's possible I'm using a totally unworkable set of assumptions. They could be beyond all hope of redemption. Since we're all on this raft together and they insist on bailing water into it, I might as well make fun of them as we sink together.
Yep, I think that's what I'm really doing. How can anyone expect rationality from liberals when they have absolutely zero common sense and live in a child's dream world?
I might as well talk to my dog. He at least is a pragmatist, even if "dinner", "outside" and "ball" are all he understands. I named him "Kennedy" because we've been unable to stop him from humping stranger's legs.
Where do I go to request a refund on the thirty seconds I just wasted reading this?
Quirky

Denver, CO

#182834 Sep 12, 2013
buzzer wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted, Irish Rose... I figured she was talking about one of her idols, namely Ted Kennedy. She'd gladly get in the car with any Kennedy, drunk or not. Liberal gals pretend to be liberated but actually they "stand by their man" just like Hillary did, whether it's for Oval Office bj's or Benghazi lies. I've had dogs with more self-respect and gumption.
If its Rose its a lie.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#182835 Sep 12, 2013
buzzer wrote:
I suppose I work on the theory that you kill more flies with vinegar than you do by attracting them with honey? Or that maybe if you pound down liberal pretensions and self-righteousness enough, they'll start to see common sense?
It's possible I'm using a totally unworkable set of assumptions. They could be beyond all hope of redemption. Since we're all on this raft together and they insist on bailing water into it, I might as well make fun of them as we sink together.
Yep, I think that's what I'm really doing. How can anyone expect rationality from liberals when they have absolutely zero common sense and live in a child's dream world?
I might as well talk to my dog. He at least is a pragmatist, even if "dinner", "outside" and "ball" are all he understands. I named him "Kennedy" because we've been unable to stop him from humping stranger's legs.
Your dog.. Does he drive drunk? LOL.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#182836 Sep 12, 2013
Courtney Caverhall wrote:
<quoted text>
That would make him a god...
giggle giggle giggle
Hey there.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#182838 Sep 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
He was 'talking' yesterday ...
In the SOUND of motorcycles ROARING into DC <3
... Bikers Descend On DC To Counter Islamic Rally On September 11th
By Joseph R. Carducci
Here THEY Come!
Modern Day MINUTE-MEN!
Being that today is September 11th, I just wanted to proudly proclaim that I a damned proud to be an American.[Me TOO-AL] Despite all the attacks on our freedoms, mainly from within, there is still something that stirs in the soul each time we think about America and what it really and truly stands for. We are a country based on freedom, not upon the whims of a leader, party, or government. Our Constitution is the model for all other countries wishing to emulate and put into place such a system.
This is one of the reasons why it makes me so angry when hearing about Muslim groups who feel they are being victimized by America. One of these groups actually planned what they have been calling a ‘million’ Muslim march on Washington, DC for today, September 11th. They are looking to demand ‘social justice’ from America, according to their organizers. Of course, most of their members are also virulent anti-Semites. Sadly, the DC government chose to grant them a permit in order to conduct their silly little march. Of course, all indications are that it will be incredibly thinly attended. Maybe they should have named it the ‘hundred Muslim’ march?
Anyway, when they heard about this, another group of freedom loving Americans decided that this would not stand.
They started planning a 2 million biker march, or ride on Washington DC.
Yet
the DC government refused to give the group a permit for this wholesome purpose.
Maybe the government knew that there would only be a handful of Muslim showing up and over a million bikers? Who knows.
So, what do you think? Are you proud to be an American, especially as we commemorate the tragic events of 12 years ago? Do you still remember what you were doing when hearing about those cowardly attacks (I do).[ME TOO-AL]
http://downtrend.com/jrc410/2-million-bikers-...
G~R~E~A~T Reason to
R~I~D~E with the Wind
with God at your side ... <3
If He's for US ...
WHO can be "against" US?!?
;~)
Straddle your hogs and ride man! LOL.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#182840 Sep 12, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you on drugs?
"Two Million Bikers" Rally Roars Into D.C. Area for 9/11
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Two-M...
Although they didn't reach a goal of two million riders, thousands of bikers rolled through the Washington, D.C. area to mark the 12th anniversary of 9/11 on Wednesday.

The bikes rolled in a steady stream for 50 straight minutes before heading to the Beltway. But the ride wasn't smooth for everyone. At one point, a motorcycle went down on the Outer Loop in the Bethesda area, causing traffic to back up for miles.

At the National Mall, another motorcyclist ran his bike into the back of a pedicab.

"I think the heat got to me and I kind of blacked out a little bit," said the rider, Bill Eisenheart. "You know, I didn't see him."

#182844 Sep 12, 2013
P Promoting
R Right Wing
I Independence from
D Divisive liberal
E Eggheads
Show some PRIDE in America!
Right-Wing Media's Love Affair With Putin Continues Over Syria Weapons Proposal
http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/09/09/r...
Right-wing media have rushed to heap praise on Russian President Vladimir Putin for a proposal to allow Syria to avoid U.S. air strikes by surrendering all of its chemical weapons to the international community, despite the fact that Russia was responding to statements by Secretary of State John Kerry and that President Obama supports the solution.

For more on right-wing media fawning over Putin, click here.

#182848 Sep 12, 2013
Virginia residents alarmed to find KKK fliers in their yard
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/09/virgini...
“I resent it,” an 86-year-old woman who found a flier told The Register & Bee.“It just aggravated me. I picked it up and put it in the trash where it belonged.”
higgans

Avon, IN

#182849 Sep 12, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals don't want the truth, they want a sugar-coated lie.
I don't know about real-time cameras...it seems the WH was watching something taking place due to some of the quips they reported soon after it happen and they also needed an alibi fast.
Ask yourself why did they need an alibi asap it they did not know what was going down. There had to be some type of camera-action going on in order to place the blame on a video or the Americans.
Just a thought. I say they saw something.
Who knows the entire truth...they have worked so hard to keep covering it up.
honestly?

I truly think the Obamabots WANTED an 'attack on the Flag' moment, new something was brewing in Libya BUT underestimated, severely, what that 'something' turned out to be.

hence, they KNEW they screwed the pooch(damn near killed it!) and that is WHY they covered UP.

what other scenario explains the way this attack was 1) ALLOWED and 2) our immediate response to it?

our Scty of State had WH/Pres'l cred for EIGHT years... she knew HOW to respond...

Obama's other staffers (Pena, etc...) KNEW how to respond, or at least WHO to ask!

did Obama really WANT a DEAD Ambassador? even he is NOT that stoopid(lord, I HOPE!).lol

nope, they saw the polls, seen O losing and NEEDED a Pres'l moment.

and, of course!, first the MSM and then Romney let him have it!!

we now are living the result...

#182851 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Putin champions morals and ethics. Obama/ Sotero and Kerry champion abortion and a middle east terrorist nation whose thirst for blood knows no boundaries.
Be careful what you say in those, Vlad!
http://www.randirhodes.com/articles/daily-blo...
Speaking of mistakes, Vlad chose to close with a swipe at the idea of American exceptionalism. American exceptionalism is an idea that is patently ridiculous and is practically begging to be mocked. And that’s all the more reason not to go near it. A lot of Americans are obsessed with the idea. And the rest of us are just embarrassed by it... so don’t bring it up, OK? This is like closing a plea to the British by saying “Oh, and what’s with the tea obsession? Have a cup of coffee like everybody else, losers.” Obama wouldn’t end a letter to the Russian people by saying “By the way, every time you people write the letter R, it’s backwards. Get it right, dummies!” Yes, American exceptionalism is a dumb concept. Everybody thinks that they’re exceptional. So in that sense, nobody is exceptional.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#182853 Sep 12, 2013

Level 6

Location hidden

#182855 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Translation - you dont HAVE an answer!
He wasn't talking to me ya nitwit.

Level 6

Location hidden

#182856 Sep 12, 2013
Kerry talks tough in Syria encounter with Russia

Striking a tough tone, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry opened swiftly convened talks with Russia on Syria's chemical weapons Thursday by bluntly rejecting a Syrian pledge to begin a "standard process" by turning over information rather than weapons — and nothing immediately.

That won't do, Kerry declared at an opening news conference, a stone-faced Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov at his side. "The words of the Syrian regime in our judgment are simply not enough."

"This is not a game," Kerry said of the latest developments in a series that has rapidly gone from deadly chemical attacks to threats of retaliatory U.S. air strikes to Syrian agreement with a Russian plan to turn over the weapons and, finally, to the crucial matter of working out the difficult details.

"We believe there is nothing standard about this process at this moment because of the way the regime has behaved," Kerry declared. And he kept alive the threat of U.S. military action, saying the turnover of weapons must be complete, verifiable and timely — "and finally, there ought to consequences if it doesn't take place."

http://news.yahoo.com/kerry-talks-tough-syria...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#182857 Sep 12, 2013
positronium wrote:
Farmer style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LX153eYcVrYXX
Without FARMERS this WHOLE World
would STARVE!

BUT ...
THIS is HOW the goobermint treats some!

Citizens Forced to Pour Bleach on Perfectly Good Produce (Video)

http://www.treehugger.com/green-food/citizens...

Along with THIS!

NaturalNews exclusive: Michigan government unleashes armed raids on small pig farmers, forces farmer to shoot all his own pigs

(NaturalNews) can now confirm that the Michigan Department of Natural Resources has, in total violation of the Fourth Amendment, conducted two armed raids on pig farmers in that state, one in Kalkaska County at Fife Lake and another in Cheboygan County. Staging raids involving six vehicles and ten armed men, DNA conducted unconstitutional, illegal and arguably criminal armed raids on these two farms with the intent of shooting all the farmers' pigs under a bizarre new "Invasive Species Order" (ISO) that has suddenly declared traditional livestock to be an invasive species.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035585_Michigan_fa...

WE, the US ...
ALSO
"need" the Truckers to SHIP it!

BUT ...

No one "respects" THEM!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#182858 Sep 12, 2013
Not long ago Ian Hurd penned an article in the NY times entitled "Bomb Syria - even if its illegal."
Doesnt this statement encourage violation of international laws?
How much further down can Obama/Sotero and his mob of bandits take this country?
Maybe that article encouraged those with the nerve gas to violate int'l law.

Level 6

Location hidden

#182859 Sep 12, 2013
Point/Counterpoint: Examining key themes from Putin's opinion piece

...do his claims stack up? We take a look at some of the most contentious claims in Putin's New York Times opinion piece...

"From the outset, Russia has advocated peaceful dialogue enabling Syrians to develop a compromise plan for their own future."

Not exactly. Russia has continued to supply the al-Assad regime with military hardware including attack helicopters, air defense systems, and military advisers.

"No one doubts that poison gas was used in Syria. But there is every reason to believe it was used not by the Syrian army but by opposition forces to provoke intervention by their powerful foreign patrons, who would be siding with the fundamentalists."

Not according to the U.S., Britain and others who claim the evidence is clear that Bashar al-Assad's forces were behind the attack...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/12/politics/putin-...

#182861 Sep 12, 2013
What's Driving Russia's Tactical Change On Syria?
http://www.npr.org/2013/09/11/221454577/whats...
Russians are well aware of U.S. polls that show strong public opposition to the idea of a strike against Syria, as well as President Obama's uphill struggle to get congressional approval for the effort.

Fyodor Lukyanov, the editor of the journal Russia in Global Affairs, says Russia saw an opportunity for a diplomatic triumph because the chemical weapons plan offered something for everyone.

"Americans can say that our pressure on Assad, and our threats, produced a result," he says. "Russia can say that it prevented a war. Assad can say — or can feel — that he avoided the worst-case scenario. And in general, it looks like a very successful cooperation on the international level."
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#182862 Sep 12, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
No Ray, my smug comments are not above dispute.
Neither is the fact that you have to ignore a lot worse to get to mine, but I guess everybody needs a hobby so knock yourself out.
You're right, that's exactly what I do with much of the crap posted here - ignore it.

All I asked for was an explanation of that vague bit of philosophical bait you threw out earlier. Don't want to break it down for me, that's fine. We can still be pals. ;)

Level 6

Location hidden

#182863 Sep 12, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Without FARMERS this WHOLE World
would STARVE!
BUT ...
THIS is HOW the goobermint treats some!
Citizens Forced to Pour Bleach on Perfectly Good Produce (Video)
http://www.treehugger.com/green-food/citizens...
Along with THIS!
NaturalNews exclusive: Michigan government unleashes armed raids on small pig farmers, forces farmer to shoot all his own pigs
(NaturalNews) can now confirm that the Michigan Department of Natural Resources has, in total violation of the Fourth Amendment, conducted two armed raids on pig farmers in that state, one in Kalkaska County at Fife Lake and another in Cheboygan County. Staging raids involving six vehicles and ten armed men, DNA conducted unconstitutional, illegal and arguably criminal armed raids on these two farms with the intent of shooting all the farmers' pigs under a bizarre new "Invasive Species Order" (ISO) that has suddenly declared traditional livestock to be an invasive species.
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035585_Michigan_fa...
WE, the US ...
ALSO
"need" the Truckers to SHIP it!
BUT ...
No one "respects" THEM!
You failed to mention that the hogs in question are wild Russian boars and their hybrids. They are an invasive species and are destroying both the eco-system and many farms.

Farmers raising traditional domestic hogs are not effected.
----------

Battle Over Michigan's New Swine Rules Goes Hog Wild

Ed Golder, public information officer for Michigan's DNR, says "these invasive swine are nothing more than Asian carp with legs. They will come in and devastate a natural ecosystem, and they will pose a serious threat to farms of all sorts."

Wild pig experts say Michigan officials have the right idea — trying to cut the Russian boar population before it can spiral out of control. And the agency didn't mean for the order to reach into agriculture; in fact, it specifically states it isn't intended to harm the domestic pork industry in the state.

According to the agency, there are two species of pigs: Sus scrofa, or Russian boar, which are the subject of the order; and Sus domestica — domestic pigs, the source of most bacon and ham...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/08/31/1...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 min woodtick57 497
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 6 min positronium 6,045
News Trump lashes out at Clinton in Anaheim amid che... 15 min tomin cali 1
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 18 min Sammy 8,511
News Eleven states sue Obama administration 55 min spud 13
News Immigration Rights Group Wants Joe Arpaio Arres... 1 hr spud 31
News Revenge Voting? Hell Yea (Nov '12) 3 hr Truth is might 9,381
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 7 hr VorenusI 141,153
More from around the web