The President has failed us

There are 328255 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 2

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#181641 Sep 9, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
All at the same time the rebels are threating to overtake a christian village there and kill everyone and blow up the entire villaga.. I do hope Assad's forces are able to defeat the rebels in that case.. We just don't know who our friends are in the region..
Eagle
Why is it more important to protect the Christian village when Muslim villages all around it are being destroyed?
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#181642 Sep 9, 2013
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has threatened possible reprisal attacks if the US attacks Syria, saying that if there are military strikes, Americans can "expect every action".

Assad's comments came as part of a television interview with Charlie Rose of the CBS broadcasting network, in which he also denied involvement in an alleged August 21 attack involving chemical weapons.

He said that if there were US attacks on Syria, in response, the US "should expect everything" and that it will "pay the price" for its actions.
Level 1

Bozeman, MT

#181645 Sep 9, 2013
DYLAN RATIGAN: "There's a bigger issue here because the political machine has been immobilized because it is a liberal black Democratic president who is in charge that the left by my opinion does not want to criticize even though he is exhibiting behavior that were it to be a right-wing older white man, the left would be holding vigils."

Well, uh, duh...

Level 2

#181646 Sep 9, 2013
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how much is Jay Carney paying you to shill for the Obama administration and spew all the idiotic BS you come up with? Is he providing you the script as well?
I see you cannot answer the question either.

Get back on your knees. Rush needs another hummer from you. Good boy.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#181647 Sep 9, 2013
The Good Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think you have a "choice"? We get to express an OPNION, nothing more. And that indirectly through our representatives in Congress. Obama has already made it abundantly clear he does NOT need their authority in the least.
Obama wants it both ways. He wants an authorization from Congress he says he does not need. He wants to take credit for himself if there's a success, but share blame with Congress if things go wrong. If Congress does not give him that authority (the one he says he doesn't need), he wants Congress to take the blame for any future nerve gas attacks by Assad. He does this know full well that his tiny, pin-prick attack could not possibly prevent such an attack.
Obama wants it ALL ways, especially those that absolve him from ANY responsibility no matter what happens. Tap dancers all across the world are hanging up their taps shoes right now, knowing there's no way they can ever match Obama at their craft.
It's very sad. But that's what you get when you elect an amateur.
I am fully aware of how a Constitutional Republic works, good doctor. The choices are how we respond to our representatives when they return home and hold town hall meetings and from what I have seen, there is very little support for Obama's position on a "tiny response" or any other kind of response. The "good choices" left the station long ago and will never return. Amateurs, a novice in the White House, elections do have consequences.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Jose, CA

#181648 Sep 9, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. It was you and is always you who disrupts things just like X-Women does.
Look at all of YOUR posts, you lying little wuss and hypocrite.

You bait and gossip, bait and gossip, then lie and lie some more.

It is ALWAYS YOU, GR/The Weather Man, EasyEed, Ferrell, Roger Wilco, and all your assorted troll buddies, grey box posters and proxy users who start the chit on this thread every time. If you weren't such a lying little punk you'd admit it.

Level 2

#181650 Sep 9, 2013
racer42 wrote:
If congress says no and Obama goes ahead anyway and the whole thing turns into a complete train wreck, who will he blame for the failure, other than Bush, that is.
Great question! Try this one...

If Congress says 'no' and Obama goes ahead anyway and our military strikes cripple the government's offensive and lead to a peaceful exodus for Assad, which Republicants will try to take credit?

Other than Bush, that is.

Level 9

San Jose, CA

#181651 Sep 9, 2013
-The Weather Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no need to prove anything, spOko. I know the games people play on blogs.
I never said you did not discuss the issues today. I also said it was out of character for you.
And when your pals come to cause trouble you step back in the form you apparently are well known for.
Nice deflection, GR.

The point was and is that YOU instigated the disruption, the personal attacks and insults last night. Yet you tried to blame me and others and pretend that you were discussing only the issues in a civil manner. That was a lie.

I am not "spOko," and I've never been "spOko," and you know it. You post that lie just to antagonize and bait. My pals do NOT come to cause trouble. YOU and your gang of lowlife scum friends have already instigated the trouble, and I don't "step back" into any form. I have no need to hide or disguise myself or deny who I am, like you and your crew of vulgar sewer rats do.

You lose, GR like you always have because in the long run no one believes your lies, your insults, and they can see right through your conniving, deceitful games.

Now, how about you get back on topic instead of creating even more disruption here. And bear in mind, I'm only replying to YOUR disruptive posts from last night.

Level 9

San Jose, CA

#181652 Sep 9, 2013
-The Weather Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
That person is known by him and the others. I think it was the same poster who posted as GR making it appear that I didn't change my name. The flaw in that was a time lapse with me being behind that poster. Ever since, Rose aka spOko has been calling me GR. I am not located in Temecula like my ISP reads. Anyhow these people are lonely trolls who do not know how to occupy their time except to be on the Internet causing trouble.
LMAO! Let's see your location then, liar.

No one posted AS GR. You ARE GR, and you're lying. I've called you GR since you showed up as "The Weather Man."

I am not "spOko." I don't even know that poster except for Quirky posting some link to a thread and accusing me of being him, and then you ran with it and supported his lie. You know it's a lie, and you're only posting it to deflect from who you really are. It's YOU who causes the trouble here just like you always have.

When are you going to get back on topic by the way instead of lying about people and causing disruption, hypocrite?

Level 2

#181653 Sep 9, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>I am fully aware of how a Constitutional Republic works, good doctor. The choices are how we respond to our representatives when they return home and hold town hall meetings and from what I have seen, there is very little support for Obama's position on a "tiny response" or any other kind of response. The "good choices" left the station long ago and will never return. Amateurs, a novice in the White House, elections do have consequences.
The world had eight years of George W. Bush's mistakes, amateur leadership and outright lying. We had no choice during his terms.

Deal with it.
racer42

Fremont, CA

#181654 Sep 9, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you cannot answer the question either.
Get back on your knees. Rush needs another hummer from you. Good boy.
What question, you didn't ask me a question. You just made a bunch of unsubstantiated, inane, idiotic, false claims. Sorry, child, I don't swing that way. The last bastion of the clueless, brain dead, liberal coward. Infer that anyone who disagrees with him/her is gay. Not only are you a compulsive liar, your a racist, bigoted homophobe as well.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#181655 Sep 9, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent, good doctor. This president is worse than an amateur, he is an amateur in a position of power.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2013
Not only is Barack Obama unprepared for the responsibilities that lie on his shoulders, he has no experiential base to use as a referent. So he is flailing, while the danger mounts and damage to America deepens.
Why Obama is Floundering
Thomas Lifson
A dramatic and historic collapse demands explanation.
More
http://giveusliberty1776.blogspot.com/

September 9, 2013
Why Obama is Floundering
By Thomas Lifson
The sheer ineptitude of President Obama's handling of his Syria red line has made jaws drop all across the political spectrum. The man who garnered so much admiration for his oratorical brilliance, personal charm, and political genius has managed to make matters worse with every step he has taken.

It must be acknowledged from the start that Obama might now be the victim of unrealistic expectations stoked by his media allies, who once called him a "lightworker" and "almost a god." But then again, when you promise to stem the rise of the oceans, you are auto-inflating a myth that cannot be sustained. He is thus both the victim and perpetrator of unrealistic expectations.

Barack Obama now finds that the items in his toolbox that got him to the Oval Office no longer work. Take oratory, for example. Presidential speeches are, as Brit Hume observed on Fox News Sunday, a "depreciating asset" whose effectiveness diminishes with use. And in Obama's case, as Peggy Noonan pointed out, it is depreciating faster than most other presidents:

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/why_ob...
Follow us:@AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Hi Captain :)
-n-
ALL Patriots ...
The Good Doctor

United States

#181656 Sep 9, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>I am fully aware of how a Constitutional Republic works, good doctor. The choices are how we respond to our representatives when they return home and hold town hall meetings and from what I have seen, there is very little support for Obama's position on a "tiny response" or any other kind of response. The "good choices" left the station long ago and will never return. Amateurs, a novice in the White House, elections do have consequences.
I didn't mean to lecture. That was put there more for the others reading our exchange.

What a mess. I get the feeling that when Obama said "Assad must go" two years ago, he had no intention of doing anything other than talk. Then he doubled down on stupid and made that "red line" remark. Talk can get you into trouble, especially if you're the Prez.

"Sometimes it's better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - anonymous(?)

I guess Obama never learned that time-worn old adage. Hey, I have trouble with it myself!
Level 1

Bozeman, MT

#181657 Sep 9, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Mission Accomplished.
Obama's mission to cover his arse and assign blame certainly has been accomplished. Like I said, he's an expert at both.
racer42

Fremont, CA

#181658 Sep 9, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Great question! Try this one...
If Congress says 'no' and Obama goes ahead anyway and our military strikes cripple the government's offensive and lead to a peaceful exodus for Assad, which Republicants will try to take credit?
Other than Bush, that is.
None of them should. That's a bunch of really huge if's, though.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#181659 Sep 9, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I suggested diplomacy in action.. We need to stand down and let it happen without firing off a single shot..
Eagle
Yeah right eagle, you've saved the world.

If Syria and Russia don't believe there is any credible threat of retaliation, there will be no diplomatic solution.

Why do you think they both suddenly changed there tune (after Kerry suggested a way out)?

Because they're all such nice guys just looking for a chance to promote peace and goodwill?

They've changed their tune and indicated a willingness to return to diplomacy because they believe there is a real threat and they know the alternative would be damaging to their interests.

Diplomacy 101.

Level 6

Location hidden

#181660 Sep 9, 2013
The Good Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
This seems like a good idea on the face of it. But I doubt Assad will follow through. He'd want some sort of behind-the-scenes assurances, like that Obama would not arm the rebels (and maybe even stop the non-lethal aid). That way he could prevail without his nerve gas.
Are we willing to cut that kind of deal with Assad? Why would he give up his gas stocks just to avoid a pin-prick attack? Especially when Russian (openly) and probably Iran (secretly) have said they'll replace whatever he loses?
It could also be just another delaying attack to allow him to bury his arms even deeper or disperse/hide them better. We've been dragging this out too long already, weakening the possibility of any success. This could make it much, much harder - if not impossible.
But maybe it could be a way out, especially to allow Obama to save face. I do have some sympathy for Obama's moral stance against the use of poison gas. Are we to take this risk and possibly come up with nothing at all? No agreement, no punishing strike (or, worse, a totally ineffective one), the rebels on the ropes and Assad still in power with his WMD's intact? All of that could follow if we dither further.
What a mess! Too bad Obama didn't follow through two years ago when he stated that Assad "must go". Apparently, it depended on what the definition of "go" is, to put a Clintonesque spin on it.
That's why I've said congress needs to go ahead and pass the authorization and the administration needs to set a strict and difficult time table for the Syrian's to act in good faith or the strikes are on.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Arm the internet

#181661 Sep 9, 2013
The Good Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ax to grind? No, I just react normally to liars. Obama is a liar. He created his own image, not me. That he's caught in his lies and now desperately needs to be viewed as pristine & honest is HIS doing, not anybody else's.
Susan Rice is on TV right now. She's telling what is probably the truth: evidence that Syria launched the poison gas attack.
But that's the same Susan Rice who went on TV after Benghazi and lied, multiple times, about the phony video. That was all done to protect the Liar-in-Chief's image and reputation.
It's sad that a bunch of liars now want to be viewed as honest folks just serving the public. Too bad that ship has sailed. He's brought the war issue to a Congress he's lied to, lied about and treated like an enemy. Not surprisingly, they're skeptical. Why is that "having it both ways"? It's Obama who wants that. He wants to crap on Congress for five years, then expect them to follow him into some sort of fuzzy, open-ended, dubious military adventure. That's almost the definition of wanting it "both ways", you imbecile!
I've not made up my mind about supporting Obama and Syria. He may have some valid points. Even liars can tell the truth.
I've never blamed Obama for ALL the ills of the world. I just think he's a bad president who has told too many whoppers. He told them to advance his "cause". He forgot that there are consequences to that tactic. That's HIS fault, not mine.
Other presidents have told whoppers too. Johnson and Nixon come to mind, just to make it bipartisan. Others have been weak and wobbly, like Jimmy Carter. Few have combined the duplicity of Johnson, the dishonesty of Nixon and the weakness of Carter. Obama has managed that tricky feat. I didn't cause him to do that. He did it all by himself.
We elected an amateur with no experience. It's no surprise he's not been able to perform. Our patronizing racism put him in this position. That was NOT his fault.
" Our patronizing racism put him in this position. That was NOT his fault."
...'Patronizing racism'.... An interesting way to put it and I agree it is true this is what elected him.
Once he was elected he was obligated to the citizenry.
He has failed in that obligation, IOAO.

Level 6

Location hidden

#181662 Sep 9, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Let's see your location then, liar.
No one posted AS GR. You ARE GR, and you're lying. I've called you GR since you showed up as "The Weather Man."
I am not "spOko." I don't even know that poster except for Quirky posting some link to a thread and accusing me of being him, and then you ran with it and supported his lie. You know it's a lie, and you're only posting it to deflect from who you really are. It's YOU who causes the trouble here just like you always have.
When are you going to get back on topic by the way instead of lying about people and causing disruption, hypocrite?
Of course it's GR.

He has the same peculiar habit of using the same words and phrases just a little out of context, he's made the same claims about stalking certain people that post here.

For example, both GR and the Weatherman have claimed to have been to my home and taken pictures of me when I didn't know they were there and they have both claimed to have spoken to my family members without them knowing what was going on.

They both have a tendency to complain about other people's language and name calling. Often in the very same post where they are cursing and calling people names.

We could run down the list, but the bottom line is it's him.

Remember Phantom Rider pretending that he wasn't GR when he first showed up? That changed once he got busted. Same thing here.

As far as getting back on topic, he can't get "back on topic" because he's in over his head.

Distraction, personal insults and outright lies are what he does.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#181663 Sep 9, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it more important to protect the Christian village when Muslim villages all around it are being destroyed?
Guess it's lost on you that the Muslim villages are being destroyed by Muslims, not Christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DMV to accept 'matricula consular' for titles, ... (Aug '12) 5 min su padre gringos ... 10
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 6 min X Crypsis X 138,174
News Hispanic Evangelicals Threaten To Abandon Repub... 26 min Synque 55
News On H1B Visas: Scott Walker Will Fight For Ameri... 43 min Who guessed it 34
News GOP Will Lose in 2016 without Sensible Immigrat... 59 min Synque 105
News Pennsylvania city faces fiscal pain for immigra... 1 hr wild child 2
News Hillary Rodham Clinton has shifted left, but so... 1 hr wild child 2
More from around the web