The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Comments (Page 7,601)

Showing posts 152,001 - 152,020 of239,693
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Cloudy ”

Level 2

Since: Aug 13

Cool

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one of many differences between the two of us.
I have been vocally opposed to many of Obama's proposals and I have been able to present reasonable, logical arguments as to why...you, not so much.
When I think Obama is doing the right thing I say so and (once again) I am able to present reasonable, fact based arguments as to why.
The United States has the ability to deliver significant, targeted military force from outside the reach of Syria's military capabilities which means we can do this without putting troops inside Syria.
Name one other country (or group of countries) that has that capability and I'll prove that you are wrong.
You up to that or are you all bluff?
Ha ha ha ha. God are you ever narcissistic or what.

NO you have NOT been able to "present reasonable, logical as to why". You have never presented anything reasonable or otherwise inasmuch as you would like to think you have. Your defense is to insult and name call others.

Just because we have the ability does not give us cause to act. Other countries are able to however they are choosing not too. Let the Arab countries deal with it regardless if they have the means or not. This is not our problem.

Simply denouncing the chemical attack suffices.

And if you think for one moment that another country could not reach Syria or us with a missile then you have diluted yourself and your ability to sensibly reason on any issue.

Just because that chemical attack was horrific does not give us cause to involve ourselves. Obama is responsible for his own actions. And I do not think backing him to save his own face is sensible, reasonable or logical at risking what it will cause us in the end which remains in the unknown.

You want Obama to be right in hopes or selfish reasons. Yeah living with the unknown is a bytch. Get use to it. God knows others have had too since Obama has failed.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Circle Jerk Target wrote:
<quoted text>Pivot Girl tonight??
What the hell is a "Pivot Girl tonight"?
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
The hell we don't.
The assets are already sitting off the coast of Syria waiting for the order to strike.
Are you saying that England, China, or Russia doesn't have those assets?

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

-The Weather Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. Obama has acted alone, ignored advice from his advisors. He alone bypassed Congress with Libya. Then of course there are many things he has chosen not to act on as golfing was more of a precedence to him if not doing a campaign speech for another dem or seeping on things as he was too tired from playing golf and the heat from the sun just sucked the energy out of him.
Obama is a failure because of himself.
Unwilling To Act Alone, Obama Pulls Back From Brink Of War
http://swampland.time.com/2013/08/31/unwillin...
Back in 2009, he spoke of a world that would unite around the common interest of rubbing out the most dangerous weapons.“Rules must be binding. Violations must be punished. Words must mean something,” he said in Prague, three months after taking office, in a speech about the nuclear threat.“The world must stand together to prevent the spread of these weapons.”

The problem is the world is not standing together. And Obama is unwilling to stand alone. So he has resigned himself to muddle a third way forward.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Occupy-Chicago wrote:
I read in here someone asked what if Israel was gassed or something along these lines?
Well it is quite simple Israel would be occupying Syria. And think about it who would say otherwise. Some people would be vocal by saying how bad the Jews are, but in truth most would be saying at least we won’t have to interfere now.
Remember this is a stone’s throw from Grease and closer yet is Turkey. Let the EU handle it. They want to take a commanding presence in the World so let them. I am more interested in the spying on US citizens. Or even the Drug trade would be a good example to use Drone’s in killing Drug Lords they are terrorist after all.
Anyone 'watched' this movie?
'G.I. Joe: Retaliation'

GREAT one ...
and 'possible' happenings in it.:(
Even tho it is 'fiction'...

IF ya haven't 'seen it'...
I would 'recommend' it.
Watched it with my 'grandson'...
Not long ago :)

“Cloudy ”

Level 2

Cool

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware of all this Rose. I'm not the uneducated dullard some people on this thread would like to think I am.
My point was specifically that the American people were against getting involved.
Our leaders knew what was coming, but they were hampered by public opinion and I was making the comparison between that and what we are seeing now.
If the American people had understood how important it was for us to act earlier, before we were physically attacked, we could have intervened at an earlier stage and the second world war would not have been the desperate all encompassing fight for survival that it became.
The Holocaust (for example) did not have to happen.
I think that public opinion may be on the wrong side of history again and if we fail to act we will be dealing with a much more complicated and difficult situation in the future.
It's the administration's job to convince the public that we have an obligation, in our own best interest, to act now rather than later and seeking congressional approval is part of that process.
If they fail to do that then we will be forced to sit back and wait until we have no choice to get involved, but eventually we will be involved.
I simply prefer to do it when the situation can still be contained.
Ha ha ha ha. Yet you really failed to convey what your point was. You are no more educated than others that post here. Even though you use the terms of knowledge and intelligence to insult others by telling them they have none just like you did in this post of yours.

You are still filing to acknowledge weapons have advanced since world war ll and weapons can reach our soil from the sky. Reacting to save face for Obama just is not worth the risk of war that has the potential of being a World War III disaster.
Mike

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

It is time to leave the Arab & Muslim world alone. Our intervention into any conflict where the people are predominantly Islamic will always be a war we can't win. We failed in Iraq. We failed in Afghanistan. We failed in our support of the rebels in Egypt and the same thing will happen in Syria. If these nations are left alone they will eventually kill themselves. You can't change people's ideology, culture, and religion with more bloodshed. Let's think about our own country and the problems that we face and leave the Islamic world alone!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Mike wrote:
It is time to leave the Arab & Muslim world alone. Our intervention into any conflict where the people are predominantly Islamic will always be a war we can't win. We failed in Iraq. We failed in Afghanistan. We failed in our support of the rebels in Egypt and the same thing will happen in Syria. If these nations are left alone they will eventually kill themselves. You can't change people's ideology, culture, and religion with more bloodshed. Let's think about our own country and the problems that we face and leave the Islamic world alone!
Drone hunters line up for Colorado town's 'license' ahead of vote
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/07/dr...
"These are not big drones you see on TV that look like airplanes. These are little 55-pound things that can come right down into your land," Steel told The Associated Press.

Steel got the idea after seeing news reports about the National Security Agency's domestic spying efforts. "Do we really want to become a surveillance society? That's what I find really repugnant," Steel said.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that England, China, or Russia doesn't have those assets?
Yes, that is what I'm saying.

England has some high tech capabilities, but very limited stockpiles and limited resources to deliver them.

If it was up to England to do this it would require a ground invasion.

They could launch a few missiles and drop a few bombs, but nothing that would be of much consequence in this situation.

Same for France.

Russia's military is not what many people think. They have large ground forces, but there ability to deliver high tech, targeted strikes outside their geographical reach is questionable. Besides, Russia is supporting Assad and will not act against him.

China has enormous ground force capabilities, but does not have the ability to deliver it's forces on a global scale.

Like I said, short of an all out invasion, it's us or nothing.

“For God & Country”

Level 1

The Promised Land Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"Israel was gassed or something along these lines?
Well it is quite simple Israel would be occupying Syria. And think about it who would say otherwise."
Israel does not have the manpower to occupy Syria.
They could launch devastating strikes, even respond with unconventional weapons, but they do not have enough soldiers to occupy Syria even if they could win on the battlefield.
The European Union basically has no centralized military as command of the armed forces of the member states has remained with their national governments. Each country has agreed to the common defense of the Union, but as a global power the standing military of the European Union is largely a myth.
The EU was more of a rhetorical statement and you are right about the EU.
Israel on the other hand don’t count them out. Remember the Seven Day War? If Israel felt threatened or even hit they would respond with over whelming force. And this tit for tat would go out the window. Proportionate response is what our leaders tell us to appease the masses. Now Iran would send more Republican Guard this would make Turkey nerves and then they would be forced to send troops. Because you would have Syrian-Syrian Rebels-Israelis-Republican Guard on Turkeys door step. And because we are allies with Turkey and Israel we would share Information with them. Then Russia would be forced to share military information with Iran and Assad. This would leave Jordan and Lebanon a bastion of refugees and zealot’s from all sides. This very well may be-going to be a proxy war. This is why I do not want US Troops getting involved.

WE CAN NOT SAVE THE WORLD nor should we. This has to be the hardest decision that President Obama has ever made. There is no true winning side in this case.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

-The Weather Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha ha. Yet you really failed to convey what your point was. You are no more educated than others that post here. Even though you use the terms of knowledge and intelligence to insult others by telling them they have none just like you did in this post of yours.
You are still filing to acknowledge weapons have advanced since world war ll and weapons can reach our soil from the sky. Reacting to save face for Obama just is not worth the risk of war that has the potential of being a World War III disaster.
Who is it in this situation that you think has missiles that can reach us?
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

-The Weather Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he has bought into the hype that we are the only Super Power left. I know we are way advanced in our weapons systems, but Russia isn't a bunch of dummy's either. Plus, we don't have the heart to win at any cost.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

snidley whiplash wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, don't you have some chickens to fuk or a husband to suk?
You've been on topix so long I'll bet your husband ran off with the chickens.
BTW, what thread did NTR run off too? I'd like to drop by and wish the Birthday person salutations.
Last thing, thank you. You bought my lunch today.
She's on Fox Debate ...
Goes by RepubliCONS ...
AND
several 'other' socks
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/danville-ky/T...
:)

WE're on break, right now!
She's 'not' there :D
BUT ...
Some of her 'flunkies/frQQt lQQps' ARE

:D

“Cloudy ”

Level 2

Cool

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
The hell we don't.
The assets are already sitting off the coast of Syria waiting for the order to strike.
Provide a link that supports that.

“Cloudy ”

Level 2

Cool

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Occupy-Chicago wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh we do but I would see it given to undeserving people in this country first. You know the people who can work and don't.
I would like to see from where. And if we do have that kind of money, I would like to know why none of it is paying off our debts and doing something for our own damn country.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Roger_Wilco wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Obama hide the body of Osama? Was there really a body? Was it really that of Osama? I don't think so!
Is President Obama really Osama Bin Ladin?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Pictures don't lie!
Where’s the big stick?
http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2013/09/0...
I will argue that cosmetic reasons aren’t altogether illegitimate, and it’s in America’s national interest, and by extension what used to be the free world’s, to pay a small price for a president not to appear as weak and irresolute as Barack Obama probably is. I say “probably” because he may have an underlying purpose, nefarious or otherwise, that no analyst and commentator has fathomed so far, except conspiracy theorists and Democratic Party hacks who get paid for fathoming it.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
She's on Fox Debate ...
Goes by RepubliCONS ...
AND
several 'other' socks
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/danville-ky/T...
WE're on break, right now!
She's 'not' there :D
BUT ...
Some of her 'flunkies/frQQt lQQps' ARE
:D
oooopsi ...
SPOKE too soon ...
S/he/its B~A~C~K ...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

-The Weather Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide a link that supports that.
Will US and Russian Ships Tangle Off the Syrian Coast?
http://blogs.defensenews.com/intercepts/2013/...
There are already five US guided missile destroyers and the USS San Antonio, an amphibious ship with several hundred U.S. Marines aboard plying the waters off the Syrian coast, as well as three American nuclear submarines. France has also deployed two destroyers and a nuclear-powered submarine, and the Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier is ready for service after being refit in Toulon.

Reports in recent days have also claimed that Russia has two ships coming on station in the eastern Med., a deployment which Russian officials have characterized as being part of a routine rotation of forces in the region.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>
Need I say more.
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>OK, We should start by cleaning up our own house before we criticize the houses of other nations.
I think this goes a little further than the need for criticism. This is obviously a clear case of a govt committing war crimes on an innocent. Does where it occur really matter? Do we wait till this kind of thing is at our doorstep? Have you considered the implications and consequences of not taking action?
positronium wrote:
<quoted text> A good place to start would be Chicago where there is innocents being killed every day.
C'mon Posit. Save the far right rhetoric. Our govt is not using chemical weapons on women and children in Chicago or anyone else in America. Why do you have to attempt to twist one thing into another . It is why conservatives have earned their reputation for being dishonest and frankly, looney. This issue is about foreign interests, and keeping our foot upon the neck of those who we can count as our enemies. Now you can argue that, that in itself, may be wrong, but you must then consider the alternative to not maintaining the war machine that basically keep our enemies in line.

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>We need to secure the borders of our own nation before attempting to secure the borders of nations that have been fighting amongst themselves for hundreds if not thousands of years.
This has nothing to do with the securing the Syrian borders? Are you making a speech? You're not at the podium Posit. How long these people have been fighting is irrelevant. It still comes down to, do we step in when we clearly see evil being done to the innocent? Is it the right thing to do?
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>We need to rein in illegal immigration by enforcement of existing law. We need to punish severely those who hire illegal aliens.
Pfft. Irrelevant.
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Our govt needs to stop ignoring the will of the majority.

Our "govt" really hasn't ignored the will of the majority. The country voted for this president and you just haven't accepted it yet and are under the delusion that the "majority" supports your thinking.
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Our govt needs to stop providing for special interest groups and treat everyone fairly.
What do you really know about treating people "fairly" Posit? Again, it sounds like your making a speech.
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Scandals like fast and furious, benghazi, nsa spying on citizens etc need to be thoroughly investigated instead of being covered up and those who are guilty need to be imprisoned.
Ok...getting into far right looneydom now..
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Our massive debt needs to be dealt with. Unemployment needs to be eliminated. We need to cut off all aid to these countries that don't earn our generous aid. Our govt needs to stop exempting themselves from the things that they impose on the rest of the citizenry. When we come to terms with these things maybe we could be justified in dealing with other nations' problems.
Need I say more
No, you "needed" to say less. I ask again. Regardless of what, according to you, needs to be done in our country, Is it the right thing to do?
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

-The Weather Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see from where. And if we do have that kind of money, I would like to know why none of it is paying off our debts and doing something for our own damn country.
Halliburton probably needs more work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,001 - 152,020 of239,693
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••