The President has failed us

There are 20 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#176705 Aug 28, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"x boy"
It is a good thing that Topix does not ban stoopid posters, if they did you would be long gone.
Peace
KMA
"Special-ed"

Coming from a guy who can't even spell "stupid", I think I'll not be too offended.

Level 2

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#176706 Aug 28, 2013
Sir William Ferrell wrote:
<quoted text>
XMan gets defeated, and who would have guessed it?
In walks his alter ego, CG!
TOO FCKING FUNNY!
Just sayin' XMan.
You are truly delusional.

While I can't understand why he humors you, it is clear you need to compensate for a wasted life. It's okay, believe that you only have one enemy. It's far better than the paranoia your brethren suffer from. The delusion remains but it will make you feel better.

Carry on, son.
Sir William Ferrell

London, UK

#176707 Aug 28, 2013
EasyEed Rocks!

Level 8

Location hidden

#176708 Aug 28, 2013
Roger_Wilco wrote:
<quoted text>
Travon Martin tried to pummel George Zimmerman into submission. Look where that got him.
Martyr'd?

Level 2

#176709 Aug 28, 2013
Roger_Wilco wrote:
<quoted text>
Travon Martin tried to pummel George Zimmerman into submission. Look where that got him.
I recognize that reading is a skillset you do not have mastery of but do try to learn what the word 'tried' means.

Keyboard cowboys like you are funny.

Level 8

Location hidden

#176710 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
LMFAO!
CLASSIC EE!
Love it!
Yeah! It was mighty far right Christian of him wasn't it!!?? lol
Sir William Ferrell

London, UK

#176711 Aug 28, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. He's on probation though.. Right?
Yeah, we put him on a 60 day just to see how he does....lol

Level 8

Location hidden

#176712 Aug 28, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are truly delusional.
While I can't understand why he humors you, it is clear you need to compensate for a wasted life. It's okay, believe that you only have one enemy. It's far better than the paranoia your brethren suffer from. The delusion remains but it will make you feel better.
Carry on, son.
Sir William is a lonely, lonely, individual. His anger consumes him and he cannot help but excrete his misery throughout Topix.
higgans

Marion, IN

#176713 Aug 28, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
By communism, you must mean sharing resources, right? After all, what would our nation be if we had to pool taxes to pay for roads, national defense, police and fire services, education, emergency medical care, etc.?
Selective memory?
From 1791 to 1802, the United States government was supported by internal taxes on distilled spirits, carriages, refined sugar, tobacco and snuff, property sold at auction, corporate bonds, and slaves. In other words, they needed to tax citizens to create a stronger union.
The War of 1812 brought about the nation's first sales taxes on gold, silverware, jewelry, and watches.
In 1862, in order to support the Civil War effort, Congress enacted the nation's first income tax law. It was a forerunner of our modern income tax in that it was based on the principles of graduated, or progressive, taxation and of withholding income at the source. The Act of 1862 established the office of Commissioner of Internal Revenue. The Commissioner was given the power to assess, levy, and collect taxes, and the right to enforce the tax laws through seizure of property and income and through prosecution. The powers and authority remain very much the same today.
In 1913, the 16th Amendment to the Constitution made the income tax a permanent fixture in the U.S. tax system. The amendment gave Congress legal authority to tax income.
Blame Congress for failing you and making you a "victim".
well, watcher, I think you will find that as our FG moved to take over more and more Individuals' and States' POWERS, the need for Federal revenues INCREASED.

if you look at the percentage of poor/disadvantaged citizens, say 100-125 years ago AND the amt of rev grossed by the FG and compared those numbers to today, what do you want to bet that the former is the same (or slightly larger) while the latter is GROSSLY LARGER.

what does that tell you or me or any one with a BRAIN, about the increased involvement/Power of the FG?

here's what it tells ME: in the distant past, People where victims of circumstance and, by THEIR own efforts, they could move UP. TODAY, TOO many have become VICTIMS of so-called Progressive benevolent FG programs and ARE TRAPPED.

during the past few decades and now, the last DECADE(since 2008!), those same Prog benevolent programs have been expanded to INCLUDE 1) MORTGAGES, 2) BANKS, 3) AUTO MNFGS, 4) MEDICAL INSURANCE AND 5) COLLEGE STUDENT AIDE/LOANS.

given the FG's track record AND success rate during the past 100 years, what do you think the status of these new areas of 'Federalization' will be in ten years?

think about this, EVERYONE, children born in POVERTY start life with a millstone around their necks. thru EASY student college loans, now the best and the brightest FROM ALL ECONOMIC CLASSES will start, EVEN THOSE AFTER ESCAPING THE GRASP OF POVERTY!, THEIR careers with the millstone of $26,000(avg.) in FG debt!

that does NOT take into account THEIR portion of the tax burden we've put on them by allowing a $17Plus TRILLION dollar Nat'l Debt!!

the other FG-induced MILLSTONES(shrinking jobs market, increasing number of kids in poverty, stifling energy/envornmental policies, decaying public ed, etc...) only ADD to future generations' BURDENS.

HOW can our Nation possibly SURVIVE?

IT CAN'T...

except as A SHADOW of its FORMER self.
Sir William Ferrell

London, UK

#176714 Aug 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you wouldn't "hear" me laughing would you? You're not too bright are you?
Where's all that tough talk Scaredy Cat? Not so tough anymore are you? lol
Tough enough girly girl.

Oh excuse me, "scaredy cat"

Just sayin'

Level 2

#176715 Aug 28, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"chunky"
The only thing you pummel is your meat and and you have trouble finding it.
Peace
KMA
Since you are a fan of sophomoric humor, I will indulge you. After all your mother and sister indulged my 'meat' last night.

I normally don't find Mexicans women to be worthy of my sexual affection but your family was truly up to the task. I had no idea that Mexican women could be so hot in bed. Tell them that after they get done cutting my home's lawn, I will service them again.

Level 8

Location hidden

#176717 Aug 28, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"chunky"
The only thing you pummel is your meat and and you have trouble finding it.
Peace
KMA
What class.(sarcasm)

Look at his post, then look at yours. Do you not see why Conservatives like you are an utter embarrassment?

Level 2

#176718 Aug 28, 2013
What? No outrage over the U.S. government spying on domestic mosques? What happened to that whole "we demand transparency and protection from U.S. snooping!"?

ROTFLMAO!

Level 8

Location hidden

#176719 Aug 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Tough enough girly girl.
Oh excuse me, "scaredy cat"
Just sayin'
Tough enough? For what? To talk chit on the internet? That's not so tough scaredy Cat.

Like I said, you're nothing more than a loud, foul mouth, nothing.

Level 8

Location hidden

#176720 Aug 28, 2013
EasyEed Rocks!
"EasyEed smokes Rocks!" ???

Really? That doesn't surprise me.
Sir William Ferrell

London, UK

#176722 Aug 28, 2013
"Crosby Stills Nash - Southern Cross"

To give a mere song some bad judge-it's reinforces hat I've always known about the progressive commies and the left.

No life.

Seriously, bad judge-it's over a fcking song?

Whatever commie progressives.
Sir William Ferrell

London, UK

#176723 Aug 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough enough? For what? To talk chit on the internet? That's not so tough scaredy Cat.
Like I said, you're nothing more than a loud, foul mouth, nothing.
Keep punching air girly man. you're funny.

Some people do air guitar, but I can see you doing a Thrilla in Manilla remake hile sitting in your rundown office chair in that dead end charade you call a "job".

Have maintenance come and vacuum out your cublicle whn you're through lowend, low information loser.

Just sayin.

Level 2

#176724 Aug 28, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text> well, watcher, I think you will find that as our FG moved to take over more and more Individuals' and States' POWERS, the need for Federal revenues INCREASED.
Junior, welcome back, I missed humiliating you.
if you look at the percentage of poor/disadvantaged citizens, say 100-125 years ago AND the amt of rev grossed by the FG and compared those numbers to today, what do you want to bet that the former is the same (or slightly larger) while the latter is GROSSLY LARGER.
You failed all of your math classes, right?
what does that tell you or me or any one with a BRAIN, about the increased involvement/Power of the FG?
It is always funny to hear people like you whine about how big government is but then conveniently forget that the nation grew and demands far more services from the government.

If you don't like the government, you do have a couple choices. You can decline your citizenship and move. You can seek office and attempt a change. You can whine and feel like a victim. I see you prefer the latter.
here's what it tells ME: in the distant past, People where victims of circumstance and, by THEIR own efforts, they could move UP. TODAY, TOO many have become VICTIMS of so-called Progressive benevolent FG programs and ARE TRAPPED.
You failed history too, I see.

[
those same Prog benevolent programs have been expanded to INCLUDE 1) MORTGAGES, 2) BANKS, 3) AUTO MNFGS, 4) MEDICAL INSURANCE AND 5) COLLEGE STUDENT AIDE/LOANS.
Yes, the last administration destroyed the nation and many Americans require assistance. You are welcome.
given the FG's track record AND success rate during the past 100 years, what do you think the status of these new areas of 'Federalization' will be in ten years?
I could care less. I don't depend on them. I pay my taxes, serve my nation and enjoy the only life I will have. People like you waste theirs whining endlessly.
think about this, EVERYONE, children born in POVERTY start life with a millstone around their necks. thru EASY student college loans, now the best and the brightest FROM ALL ECONOMIC CLASSES will start, EVEN THOSE AFTER ESCAPING THE GRASP OF POVERTY!, THEIR careers with the millstone of $26,000(avg.) in FG debt!
Again, so what? If you want to enjoy the protection and freedoms of the nation, there is a cost. You are free to move if the cost offends you.
that does NOT take into account THEIR portion of the tax burden we've put on them by allowing a $17Plus TRILLION dollar Nat'l Debt!!
Ah yes, the debt that compounded because the last administration pissed away the good fortune we had. Lie to the world about a war we didn't need, enrich your pals on oil contracts and then leave the house of cards teetering in the wind. That's the Republicant legacy!
the other FG-induced MILLSTONES(shrinking jobs market, increasing number of kids in poverty, stifling energy/envornmental policies, decaying public ed, etc...) only ADD to future generations' BURDENS. HOW can our Nation possibly SURVIVE? IT CAN'T...except as A SHADOW of its FORMER self.
In 2000, things were going pretty well, despite a nation torn by an election that was stolen by a family desperate to keep the oil money flowing. We were attacked by cowards. The world reacted in horror and most offered support and resolve against those who terrorized us. Instead of embracing that goodwill, circling the wagons and investing our efforts into finding those responsible, our President did a 180. He lied to the world and created an unnecessary war. He watched the blood of some of our bravest men and women get shed while his buddies filled their bank accounts.

The debt our nation has is due to your hero. The debt you owe is to mine. My brother and several close friends died in Iraq. I spent two tours there. How about you? Still want to talk about debt?
Sir William Ferrell

London, UK

#176725 Aug 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
"EasyEed smokes Rocks!" ???
Really? That doesn't surprise me.
I'd rather smoke a rock than smoke a pole like you.

Eh pole smoker?

Just sayin'
Sir William Ferrell

London, UK

#176726 Aug 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
What class.(sarcasm)
Look at his post, then look at yours. Do you not see why Conservatives like you are an utter embarrassment?
Classic girly fashion from you.

Just sayin'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans are not compassionate 7 min Earl 87
News Health care: Illegal immigrants would get Medi-... 50 min wild child 2
News Demonstrators rally, march to oppose family det... 51 min wild child 5
News The Deported 54 min Dee Dee Dee 4
News Obama nixes nun's visa request 1 hr tomin cali 3
News Panel to hear appeal on Obama immigration actions 3 hr Earl 209
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 11 hr VorenusI 138,038
More from around the web