The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#175183 Aug 22, 2013
Coburn raises possibility of impeachment at town hall

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/22...

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#175184 Aug 22, 2013
Baseless calls for Obama’s impeachment
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...
This is the fifth year of the Obama administration and the first summer since he was reelected by the American people. And yet there is a hearty band of nitwits implacably convinced that President Obama is an alien occupier of the Oval Office. They have shown up at Republican town halls flogging false allegations about the president’s birth certificate and have asked members of Congress what to do about it. As disturbing as that is, the conversation has moved from birther nonsense to a destructive remedy: impeachment.

#175185 Aug 22, 2013
Republicans foster ‘dreams’ of impeaching Obama
http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/08/21/republicans-gr...
It would be a “dream come true” to draft legislation and impeach President Obama, Rep. Kerry Bentivolio told a crowd of supporters in a video posted to YouTube Tuesday.

Bentivolio, a reindeer farmer turned Republican congressman, was elected in 2012 after incumbent Rep. Thad McCotter decided to retire after it came out that his campaign had filed fraudulent signatures to get him on the ballot.

#175186 Aug 22, 2013
Impeachment Must Be For a Reason
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-an...
I admit to being a bit of a stickler on this subject, having disliked not only the articles of impeachment brought against Bill Clinton, but those brought against Richard Nixon (there were plenty of other high crimes and misdemeanors worthy of impeachment that he and his cronies had committed, but they didn’t make the cut). Yes,“high crimes and misdemeanors” is a term of art, but it should not be emptied of meaning to the point where impeachment becomes even theoretically available as a way to nullify elections.
Oopsy Daisy

Anonymous Proxy

#175187 Aug 22, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
I admit to being a bit of a stickler on this subject, having disliked not only the articles of impeachment brought against Bill Clinton, but those brought against Richard Nixon (there were plenty of other high crimes and misdemeanors worthy of impeachment that he and his cronies had committed, but they didn’t make the cut). Yes,“high crimes and misdemeanors” is a term of art, but it should not be emptied of meaning to the point where impeachment becomes even theoretically available as a way to nullify elections.
Hickory dickory dock,

The homeless Hawaiins ran out the clock

When they were to depart
One forgot his shopping cart

Hickory dickory dock.

Hence the delay of their flight relay
For the cart is now for sale on ebay

But when the clock struck 4, they were then no more.

Hockory dickory dock.
Oopsy Daisy

Anonymous Proxy

#175188 Aug 22, 2013

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#175189 Aug 22, 2013
President Obama will never be impeached. There are no "high crimes and misdemeanors" for one thing.

This is just the mindless hysteria of the far-right who like to create drama where there is none. Ho hum.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Level 9

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#175190 Aug 22, 2013
May the worthless liberals awaken. The Jackal is back, with new junk, to prevail. Long live the Jack from Bedias. Aha, aha,aha,aha.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#175191 Aug 22, 2013
The farce of presidential impeachment

Lessenberry commentary for 8/22/2013

I was a college student almost forty years ago when the U.S. House Judiciary Committee voted to impeach President Richard Nixon. I watched those proceedings and hung on every word.

Many, perhaps even most people did. I remember crowds clustered around television sets in department stores at particularly dramatic points in the testimony. When the members finally voted to recommend impeachment, many of them did in voices breaking with emotion. They knew this was an almost unimaginably huge step.

The congressmen knew that only one other President had been impeached in history – Andrew Johnson, more than a century before. They also knew that history had judged very harshly those congressmen and senators who supported removing that president, and praised those who managed to stop his conviction.

Impeachment, those congressmen knew, was the nuclear option in American constitutional democracy. In the end, President Nixon resigned before he could be impeached, convicted, and removed from office, as he surely would have been.

I thought that would be the only attempt at impeaching a president I would ever see, and I was, of course, wrong. Twenty-five years later, the house actually impeached President Clinton for what really amounted to lying about sex. The senate never came close to convicting him, and the entire episode was seen as low farce.

Those who love this country and understand how representative democracy works know that if impeachment ever becomes one more common partisan tool, our entire system will fall apart. Former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi understands that. When Democrats won back Congress in 2006, Detroit’s John Conyers was in line to be chair of the House Judiciary Committee. Conyers had been saying President Bush deserved impeachment. Pelosi told him in no uncertain terms not to do that....(cont.)

http://www.michiganradio.org/post/farce-presi...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#175192 Aug 22, 2013
Malfeasance of office, Violation of a solemn oath to abide by our constitution. ETC.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#175201 Aug 22, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama will never be impeached. There are no "high crimes and misdemeanors" for one thing.
This is just the mindless hysteria of the far-right who like to create drama where there is none. Ho hum.
B.S.!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

#175202 Aug 22, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he and his accomplices need to be arrested first and foremost.
Grey Ghost

Murrieta, CA

#175203 Aug 22, 2013
Hi Rose, how are you?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#175204 Aug 22, 2013
JUDGES ORDER CHRISTIANS TO WORK FOR 'GAYS'
Court rules photographers must violate religious faith

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/judges-order-chris...

See how THIS is going?

down ...
Like a snowball rolling downhill!

It gets BIGGER, faster!

Government and activist judges ARE "out of control!"
Quirky

Denver, CO

#175206 Aug 22, 2013
American Lady wrote:
JUDGES ORDER CHRISTIANS TO WORK FOR 'GAYS'
Court rules photographers must violate religious faith
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/judges-order-chris...
See how THIS is going?
down ...
Like a snowball rolling downhill!
It gets BIGGER, faster!
Government and activist judges ARE "out of control!"
Good evening A.L.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#175208 Aug 22, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening A.L.
Evening Q :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#175209 Aug 22, 2013
So VERY sad :(
Becoming the NORM in this, what is turning into a 'third world' country!
``````````

Chilling 911 call details final moments of Melbourne baseballer Chris Lane's life

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/chilling-911...

What to do?
People better be sending some knee-mail
and LOTS of it!

knee-mail
Down on ya knees, praying.

You[non-believers]may as well do it NOW ...
You WILL be on bended knee sooner than you think.
Bonnies translator

Los Angeles, CA

#175210 Aug 22, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO. I don't jump when you crack a whip stup!d. ROTF. You want my name, address, and phone number too?
Lets play a different game.. Lets play.. How long would it take Chauncey to pop his head out of O's butt. If it were a real emergency.
Translation:
I'm a uneducated childless deadbeat living in the moonies.
Don't wanna elaborate any further...

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Level 4

Since: Aug 13

Mt Vesuvius

#175211 Aug 22, 2013
Loling wrote:
<quoted text>Reported. Phishing for personal information for reasons of stalking/ harassing purposes.
Reported for frivolous report.
Not Quirky

Los Angeles, CA

#175212 Aug 22, 2013
Bonnies translator wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation:
I'm a uneducated childless deadbeat living in the moonies.
Don't wanna elaborate any further...
What Quirky the translator meant to say was:

"I'm aN uneducated childless deadbeat living in the Boonies.
Don't care to elaborate any further...."

Please forgive his bad translating job, his first day on the job,
And probably his last.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boise Immigration Rally Draws Hundreds, Call fo... (May '13) 5 min The real zeke 66
Protesters interrupt Perry, Christie at 2016 GO... 6 min TeaBagging for Am... 17
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 13 min xxxrayted 1,625
Another Bush Will Soon Be In Elected Office 55 min -Sprocket- 47
Immigration Policy Leaves One Dead in Arizona 2 hr Dee Dee Dee 4
Study: Valleya s unauthorized immigrants mostly... 2 hr Dee Dee Dee 6
Immigration Reform That Doesn't 'Turn Off The M... 3 hr Dee Dee Dee 5
More from around the web