The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 388090 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Bonnie

Boise, ID

#166704 Aug 4, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO....
You go girl..... I think he felt his toes being stepped on by you..
Kerchunk!
LOL.. For some reason he decided not to play nice? I think he was running out of news.. I had a ton of nursery rhymes left.. Dang it!.. LOL.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#166705 Aug 4, 2013
Midwest Angus Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
"Kerchunk!"
LMFAO!
Now it's the good old days again man. I haven't heard "Kerchunk: in AGES!
Lovin it!
Peace!
Here. Kerchunk! Kerchunk! Kerchunk! LOL.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#166706 Aug 4, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really not interested in your self pity and distortion of the character of white people.
Africans are living a very uncivilized life style in their country. But it's their country to do what they see fit.
Your hatred and racism towards whites carry no weight except in the eyes of the blacks who use and brainwash your way of thinking...
Try exerting that energy into something more productive and try to shelf seeing color versus character..
"Africans are living a very uncivilized life style in their country"..... Really? Really? You are an incredibly ignorant man. Sub-Sahara is not the sum total of Africa, and war torn regions do not reflect evolved countries within that vast continent of natural resources and diverse circumstances. By way of example, below are some of Africa's most "successful" people according to Forbes based on their financial success (billionaires):

Aliko Dangote
$12,000 M 56
Nicky Oppenheimer & family
$6,400 M 68
Johann Rupert & family
$5,700 M 63
Nassef Sawiris
$5,500 M 52
Mike Adenuga
$4,600 M 60

Christoffel Wiese
$3,700 M 71
Othman Benjelloun
$2,750 M 80
Patrice Motsepe
$2,650 M 51
Naguib Sawiris
$2,500 M 59
Mohamed Mansour
$2,200 M 65

http://www.forbes.com/africa-billionaires/lis...

At the link, you can click on the individual for more information, but here's the snapshot of number one on the list:

Aliko Dangote

Net Worth
$16.1 B As of March 2013

At a Glance

Source of Wealth: cement, sugar, flour, self-made
Country of Citizenship: Nigeria
Education: Bachelor of Arts / Science, Al-Azhar University
Marital Status: Married
Children: 3
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#166707 Aug 4, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>"Africans are living a very uncivilized life style in their country"..... Really? Really? You are an incredibly ignorant man. Sub-Sahara is not the sum total of Africa, and war torn regions do not reflect evolved countries within that vast continent of natural resources and diverse circumstances. By way of example, below are some of Africa's most "successful" people according to Forbes based on their financial success (billionaires):
Aliko Dangote
$12,000 M 56
Nicky Oppenheimer & family
$6,400 M 68
Johann Rupert & family
$5,700 M 63
Nassef Sawiris
$5,500 M 52
Mike Adenuga
$4,600 M 60
Christoffel Wiese
$3,700 M 71
Othman Benjelloun
$2,750 M 80
Patrice Motsepe
$2,650 M 51
Naguib Sawiris
$2,500 M 59
Mohamed Mansour
$2,200 M 65
http://www.forbes.com/africa-billionaires/lis...
At the link, you can click on the individual for more information, but here's the snapshot of number one on the list:
Aliko Dangote
Net Worth
$16.1 B As of March 2013
At a Glance
Source of Wealth: cement, sugar, flour, self-made
Country of Citizenship: Nigeria
Education: Bachelor of Arts / Science, Al-Azhar University
Marital Status: Married
Children: 3
Aliko sound like some of the uber rich here in America. Donald Trump comes to mind, but I'm sure there are others.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#166708 Aug 4, 2013
"Self-made" with a little help that others don't get.

"Alhaji Aliko Dangote, a notherner, precisely from Kano State, Nigeria was born on the 10th of April 1957 into a wealthy Muslim family. Dangote, right from when he was young had an eye on business. He said, "I can remember when I was in primary school, I would go and buy cartons of sweets [sugar boxes] and I would start selling them just to make money. I was so interested in business, even at that time." He studied business from the Al Azhar University, Cairo in Egypt,and thereafter returned to Nigeria to work with his uncle Sanusi Abdulkadir Dantata. The uncle afterwards gave him a loan of =N=500,000 (Naira)when he was just 21 years old to start a business."
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#166709 Aug 4, 2013
Nicky Oppenheimer.

"Nicholas is the son of Bridget (née McCall) and Harry Oppenheimer,[4] and grandson of Ernest Oppenheimer, the first generation of the family to chair (from 1929) the De Beers diamond mining company in South Africa, founded by Cecil John Rhodes in 1888. He is of German Jewish descent on his father's side.

He was educated in England at Harrow School and Christ Church, Oxford where he graduated with a degree in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics, and later took the Oxford MA.

In 1968 he married Orcillia "Strilli" Lasch, daughter of industrial tycoon Helli Lasch. He lives mainly in Johannesburg on the Brenthurst Gardens estate. He and his wife are members of the St George's Anglican Church, Parktown, Johannesburg. The Brenthurst Garden is affiliated to The Quiet Garden Trust, a Christian organisation providing places for prayer, silence and reflection. He also has a country estate in England, Waltham Place (with gardens open to the public and an associated organic Farm), at White Waltham in Berkshire.

He was criticised amidst public attention in the West after the film Blood Diamond."

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#166710 Aug 4, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Aliko sound like some of the uber rich here in America. Donald Trump comes to mind, but I'm sure there are others.
Maybe - except that Aliko's net worth is four times that of The Donald.

We can also see the misery and despair of inequality in some countries in Africa, and we must do everything in our power to ensure that America regains our commitment to equal OPPORTUNITY. Please note that I did NOT say equality of results, because that's not Capitalism.
higgans

Avon, IN

#166711 Aug 4, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You surrender? Then, why are you here? I don't get it.
I don't believe it's advisable to gut the government. Just sayin'. Now, you may not think you care if it is gutted, but I think you're wrong about that. If you live long enough, you'll be very vulnerable. I certainly hope you're surrounded by young contributing supportive family members when you get old. Something tells me you aren't. That's about the time you'll wake up.
While you're describing "ideal situation" for the dems, that's not what is being proposed. Once again, the dems want to increase taxes on the wealthiest and eliminate tax deductions and loopholes. They want to bring manufacturing jobs back on shore (helpful but not all of what we need) and end the benefits of outsourcing.
What do the pubs want to do? What are your options? The Tea bigots are going the way of the dinosaur. What do you have in mind? Is there another party to assist?
Why can't anybody speak positively for what the Republicans have planned, but the far right is certainly able to hate every single idea or program the President promotes or pursues.
WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS?
Sorry to scream, but you keep pretending you can't hear me.
you poor, delusional loon... there is NO silver bullet, NO magic cure... NO GOVT SOLUTION.

FG meddling in poverty, ed, trade, taxes, energy, HC, reproduction, foreign countries, families, rel/social mores IS the problem.

it is hard to turn the clock back and NOT hurt low income wage earners and the entitlement crowd... for big bus' to get with being real tax payers and patriots, for excess govt workers to find other employment... for teachers and admin to put teeth and discipline BACK into our public schools... for colleges and universities to admit that what they offer IS for the best and the brightest and not every shytbird that can get a LOAN... etc....

people like you that won't admit that not every thing that has happened these past 50-60 yrs has eitner been for the best intersts of the citizens or WORKED!

you cannot possibily believe that the FG getting involved in mortgages and home ownership WORKED, can you?

I know you are against FG bailouts of greedy Big Banks, etc... was WRONG. what about bailing out perfectly healthy people with welfare for 3, 4 5 generations?

I know you CLAIM to be against corporate welfare... what about individual welfare? welfare is bad, period, RIGHT?

illegal wars against Communism (Korea and VN) are just as wrong as illegal wars against radical Islam terrorists, RIGHT?

tax breaks for the wealthy are equal to FG funding(playing favorites) of ANY ideas/special interests, RIGHT?

freedom is NOT free and safety and security promises by the FG are bogus... just as BOGUS as the FG wars on povery and drugs!

RIGHT?

there are solutons... YOU JUST DON'T LIKE THEM.

they are the same answers that worked from day one... from 1789!

they are the same answers that the Colonists experienced and ENJOYED so much that, when King George started messing with them, IT COST HIM HALF OF A CONTINENT.

you idiot, a handfull of untrained, backwoods hicks banded together and kicked the arse of the World's Super Power once before, do you think THEIR descendents can't do it AGAIN?

personally, I question their spirit and resolve... NOT their ability, once FOCUSED.

answer me/us this: did you KNOW that there were EVER so many BLACK Conservatives before Obama got elected?

these AMERICANS coming out AND speaking up, especially since 2012!, gives me GREAT hope.

I'll bet the farm(if I had one!lol) that you DISAGREE with their message, TOO!!

NEVER before TODAY, has the old adage been MORE relevant: IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

that's YOU, NonTruthRepository: PART OF THE PROBLEM.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#166712 Aug 4, 2013
The president boasted that the war on terrorism was over. Hmmm, so do you think he spoke too soon, or even knows much if anything about foreign affairs?? Only his puppet master knows the answers to these questions.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/...

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#166713 Aug 4, 2013
freebird wrote:
Nicky Oppenheimer.
"Nicholas is the son of Bridget (née McCall) and Harry Oppenheimer,[4] and grandson of Ernest Oppenheimer, the first generation of the family to chair (from 1929) the De Beers diamond mining company in South Africa, founded by Cecil John Rhodes in 1888. He is of German Jewish descent on his father's side.
He was educated in England at Harrow School and Christ Church, Oxford where he graduated with a degree in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics, and later took the Oxford MA.
In 1968 he married Orcillia "Strilli" Lasch, daughter of industrial tycoon Helli Lasch. He lives mainly in Johannesburg on the Brenthurst Gardens estate. He and his wife are members of the St George's Anglican Church, Parktown, Johannesburg. The Brenthurst Garden is affiliated to The Quiet Garden Trust, a Christian organisation providing places for prayer, silence and reflection. He also has a country estate in England, Waltham Place (with gardens open to the public and an associated organic Farm), at White Waltham in Berkshire.
He was criticised amidst public attention in the West after the film Blood Diamond."
I'm generally inclined to believe that scant few who ever achieve THAT kind of enormous wealth ever get there except at great cost to other human beings. Some do feel compelled to give back, and those men and women become great humanitarians. They are the fortunate ones.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#166714 Aug 4, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
you poor, delusional loon... there is NO silver bullet, NO magic cure... NO GOVT SOLUTION.
FG meddling in poverty, ed, trade, taxes, energy, HC, reproduction, foreign countries, families, rel/social mores IS the problem.
it is hard to turn the clock back and NOT hurt low income wage earners and the entitlement crowd... for big bus' to get with being real tax payers and patriots, for excess govt workers to find other employment... for teachers and admin to put teeth and discipline BACK into our public schools... for colleges and universities to admit that what they offer IS for the best and the brightest and not every shytbird that can get a LOAN... etc....
people like you that won't admit that not every thing that has happened these past 50-60 yrs has eitner been for the best intersts of the citizens or WORKED!
you cannot possibily believe that the FG getting involved in mortgages and home ownership WORKED, can you?
I know you are against FG bailouts of greedy Big Banks, etc... was WRONG. what about bailing out perfectly healthy people with welfare for 3, 4 5 generations?
I know you CLAIM to be against corporate welfare... what about individual welfare? welfare is bad, period, RIGHT?
illegal wars against Communism (Korea and VN) are just as wrong as illegal wars against radical Islam terrorists, RIGHT?
tax breaks for the wealthy are equal to FG funding(playing favorites) of ANY ideas/special interests, RIGHT?
freedom is NOT free and safety and security promises by the FG are bogus... just as BOGUS as the FG wars on povery and drugs!
RIGHT?
there are solutons... YOU JUST DON'T LIKE THEM.
they are the same answers that worked from day one... from 1789!
they are the same answers that the Colonists experienced and ENJOYED so much that, when King George started messing with them, IT COST HIM HALF OF A CONTINENT.
you idiot, a handfull of untrained, backwoods hicks banded together and kicked the arse of the World's Super Power once before, do you think THEIR descendents can't do it AGAIN?
personally, I question their spirit and resolve... NOT their ability, once FOCUSED.
answer me/us this: did you KNOW that there were EVER so many BLACK Conservatives before Obama got elected?
these AMERICANS coming out AND speaking up, especially since 2012!, gives me GREAT hope.
I'll bet the farm(if I had one!lol) that you DISAGREE with their message, TOO!!
NEVER before TODAY, has the old adage been MORE relevant: IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
that's YOU, NonTruthRepository: PART OF THE PROBLEM.
You avoided answering my question - again. Then, you proceeded into another tangential rant. Sigh.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#166715 Aug 4, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe - except that Aliko's net worth is four times that of The Donald.
We can also see the misery and despair of inequality in some countries in Africa, and we must do everything in our power to ensure that America regains our commitment to equal OPPORTUNITY. Please note that I did NOT say equality of results, because that's not Capitalism.
Maybe Aliko hasn't been married as many time as the Donald. LOL!!! Or maybe over there, they can have the ex killed.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#166716 Aug 4, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm generally inclined to believe that scant few who ever achieve THAT kind of enormous wealth ever get there except at great cost to other human beings. Some do feel compelled to give back, and those men and women become great humanitarians. They are the fortunate ones.
I don't think it's very humanitarian when you give to others with blood money or the sweat of others hard labor. Pay them a fair wage and let them give themselves if they want to.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#166717 Aug 4, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Aliko hasn't been married as many time as the Donald. LOL!!! Or maybe over there, they can have the ex killed.
Yikes! I hope that's not the deal with him!

Anyhow, here is one from the list. I just spotted this story which addresses my thoughts about humanitarianism. Good news:

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Africa/Africa-...

Christian Science Monitor

Black billionaire in South Africa pledges to give away half his fortune

The ruling party praised the mining magnate, Patrice Motsepe, and said he was part of a 'patriotic bourgeoisie' of rich black South Africans with a social conscience.

By John Campbell, Guest blogger / February 5, 2013

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#166718 Aug 4, 2013
freebird wrote:
"Self-made" with a little help that others don't get.
"Alhaji Aliko Dangote, a notherner, precisely from Kano State, Nigeria was born on the 10th of April 1957 into a wealthy Muslim family. Dangote, right from when he was young had an eye on business. He said, "I can remember when I was in primary school, I would go and buy cartons of sweets [sugar boxes] and I would start selling them just to make money. I was so interested in business, even at that time." He studied business from the Al Azhar University, Cairo in Egypt,and thereafter returned to Nigeria to work with his uncle Sanusi Abdulkadir Dantata. The uncle afterwards gave him a loan of =N=500,000 (Naira)when he was just 21 years old to start a business."
Can you show me a "self made" billionaire here in the states that didn't get his start up money from somewhere?

This post only goes to prove a point that many of you have argued against in the past.

Success is based on opportunity. Intelligence, drive, ability, dedication, none of that will make you a success if there is no opportunity to succeed.
higgans

Avon, IN

#166719 Aug 4, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"I for one, won't post anymore with these gay trolls on board."
You'll post ya big drama queen.
If you don't like gay people move to Russia.
that's really funny, Jax... REALLY FUNNY!LOL

just think, as soon as either Moselms or Commies finally take over here like the old Soviet or, say Saudi, what do you think the 'fate' of Gays will be THEN?

or, perhaps you would prefer the Progressive 'solution' as evidenced by Nazi Germany?lol

how about the backwards thinking of Catholic Hispanic Americas(like Mexico, Cuba, Panama, etc...)?

you are living in La-La Land, J, that place between Old American Values and REAL GAY HELL.

u best enjoy it while you have it... the measley 3-5% Gay support for the Progressive agenda will be tossed under the bus as soon as 'control' is acheived. read some History, Jax...

Gays have been sucked in just like blacks and the entire entitlement class (you'v noticed the shortage of poor people's, especially BLACKS!, JOBS opportunites under THIS POTUS, haven't you?LOL what makes YOU think Gays will fair any better... IN THE LONG RUN?)

SELF-reliance and SELF-determination is the BEST reliance and determination... THAT is what this Nation was Founded upon.

NO Pres/Admin/Congress has stood for THOSE values since, what, Ike?

Obama is NO different than the last several Pres'... he just LOOKS different.

like Sonny and Cher said in '67/68:'The Beat Goes On'... the FG BEAT, that is.lol

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#166720 Aug 4, 2013
New Jobs Disproportionately Low-Pay or Part-Time
Associated Press

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/jobs...

By PAUL WISEMAN AP Economics Writer
WASHINGTON August 3, 2013 (AP)

The 162,000 jobs the economy added in July were a disappointment. The quality of the jobs was even worse.

A disproportionate number of the added jobs were part-time or low-paying — or both.

Part-time work accounted for more than 65 percent of the positions employers added in July. Low-paying retailers, restaurants and bars supplied more than half July's job gain.

(cont.)

Service driven economy, huh? Makes me sick to my stomach. We can't expect or have any hope for the middle class and their children if this scenario continues. The disparity will continue to grow and escalate.
higgans

Avon, IN

#166721 Aug 4, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
Sorry, but there is just no way I could pass this one up...
John Kerry has announced that legally married same-sex couples will now receive "equal consideration" when they apply to immigrate to America.
He also said that same-sex marriages will now be considered valid under US immigration law.
He made the announcement Friday while in London.
----------
Visa changes for same-sex couples
The State Secretary said the new practices are in line with the State Department's responsibility to promote democracy and human rights around the world.
http://www.kfvs12.com/story/23033299/visa-cha...
hey, Jax, THE AMERICAN, in a democracy or even a Republic, CAN ONE MAN MAKE THOSE DECISIONS?

especailly one NOT elected??

just asking... everyday, any more, I keep wondering WHAT Country I awaken to......

your idea of GOVERNMENT is NOT my idea of government.

gee, there's news...lol

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#166722 Aug 4, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
that's really funny, Jax... REALLY FUNNY!LOL
just think, as soon as either Moselms or Commies finally take over here like the old Soviet or, say Saudi, what do you think the 'fate' of Gays will be THEN?
or, perhaps you would prefer the Progressive 'solution' as evidenced by Nazi Germany?lol
how about the backwards thinking of Catholic Hispanic Americas(like Mexico, Cuba, Panama, etc...)?
you are living in La-La Land, J, that place between Old American Values and REAL GAY HELL.
u best enjoy it while you have it... the measley 3-5% Gay support for the Progressive agenda will be tossed under the bus as soon as 'control' is acheived. read some History, Jax...
Gays have been sucked in just like blacks and the entire entitlement class (you'v noticed the shortage of poor people's, especially BLACKS!, JOBS opportunites under THIS POTUS, haven't you?LOL what makes YOU think Gays will fair any better... IN THE LONG RUN?)
SELF-reliance and SELF-determination is the BEST reliance and determination... THAT is what this Nation was Founded upon.
NO Pres/Admin/Congress has stood for THOSE values since, what, Ike?
Obama is NO different than the last several Pres'... he just LOOKS different.
like Sonny and Cher said in '67/68:'The Beat Goes On'... the FG BEAT, that is.lol
I have never seen the slightest indication that you have any direct knowledge concerning anything you babble about with the brief exception of that week you spent telling us it was acceptable for a man in his twenties to have sex with a 12 year old girl because the girl "knew what she wanted" and the man would eventually "grow out of it".

Sorry, higgans, but I just don't give your rants much credibility.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#166723 Aug 4, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text> Here. Kerchunk! Kerchunk! Kerchunk! LOL.
Sounds like my bailer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When Does Anti-Immigration Go Too Far? (Sep '15) 6 min Brian_G 476
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 8 min Denny CranesPlace 6,626
News For Obama, setbacks from a divided Supreme Court 15 min Holy Guacamole 4
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 32 min Brian_G 9,768
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 51 min Hell N Stone 721
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 3,450
News Donald Trump accuses judge of having a conflict... 2 hr tina anne 288
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 7 hr johnny belinda 141,578
More from around the web