The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 340694 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#164395 Jul 29, 2013
Ricos Anonymous Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Requesting something you can Google yourself doesn't change the fact that Red States are the biggest moochers of food stamps.
So what do you buy with your SNAP card? U ever trade it for ammo?
ROLF!!!
Fox News And The GOP Are Wrong: Red States Use The Most Food Stamps
http://www.politicususa.com/2012/01/29/fox-ne...
A common liberal talking point which some patriots have swallowed is that traditional "Red States" receive more Federal money each year than Blue States. Of course truth is in the eye of the beholder and all that and depending on how you present the data (Enron accounting anyone?) this theory can be presented as factual.

Much like the feminist myth of men being paid more than women however the truth is something a bit different in the real world.

For one thing let us keep in mind that the current form of trickle down taxation is basically unconstitutional and gives the Federal government almost tyrannical control of how our money is spent. This is important because it completely masks the actual producing wealth of the individual states. As preppers we know in the end the only thing that really counts is your productivity. Liberal ideology however needs to hide as far from productivity acknowledgment as it can or their talking points fall into to dust. It is also important to keep in mind that through years of manipulation and legislation the Federal government in truth determines how much tax money each state retains and how much of that tax money goes to which programs. They usually accomplish this by matching Fed money with State revenue spent but they get tricky by not always declaring the percentage of matching they are doing. This is also an important fact.

So let us look at a few other points. When Liberals point out the spending, they are actually referring to total spending not simply welfare or entitlement spending. This means things like roads and other infrastructure, bankrolling child support services and departments along with other initiatives and Federal money matches. Educational grants and spending. Military bases and posts. Well the list is endless. Infrastructure spending is one of the most efficient tools of coercion the Federal government has over the States. How many of you remember the old 55 mile per hour speed limit or when some states allowed 18 year old teenagers to purchase alcohol? Well now you know how these states were "convinced" to change their laws. You may also remember that Nevada (I think) bucked this coercion for a while because they had low infrastructure maintenance costs.

In a way welfare sending and educational spending are the two best examples of Federal control as they manage to coerce the states into spending what they want the states to spend. This is one reason in order to determine the true magnitude of educational spending one must look at total government spending into the area and not simply take the Federal budget number.

Basically the Red States are the producers and source of natural resources while most Blue enclaves are the financial office areas. In a very real sense Red states end up transporting the vast amount of their taxable revenue to the Blue enclaves to actually act as middle men and collect the money in sales. Along with, you guessed it, the actual tax money. While I admit this explanation is very simplistic it gets the point across. The real reason Red States receive more total Federal trickle down money is due to the tax and income base which is transferred to the Blue States.

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#164396 Jul 29, 2013
Open Mouth Insert Foot wrote:
<quoted text>
Part One
A common liberal talking point which some patriots have swallowed is that traditional "Red States" receive more Federal money each year than Blue States. Of course truth is in the eye of the beholder and all that and depending on how you present the data (Enron accounting anyone?) this theory can be presented as factual.
Much like the feminist myth of men being paid more than women however the truth is something a bit different in the real world.
For one thing let us keep in mind that the current form of trickle down taxation is basically unconstitutional and gives the Federal government almost tyrannical control of how our money is spent. This is important because it completely masks the actual producing wealth of the individual states. As preppers we know in the end the only thing that really counts is your productivity. Liberal ideology however needs to hide as far from productivity acknowledgment as it can or their talking points fall into to dust. It is also important to keep in mind that through years of manipulation and legislation the Federal government in truth determines how much tax money each state retains and how much of that tax money goes to which programs. They usually accomplish this by matching Fed money with State revenue spent but they get tricky by not always declaring the percentage of matching they are doing. This is also an important fact.
So let us look at a few other points. When Liberals point out the spending, they are actually referring to total spending not simply welfare or entitlement spending. This means things like roads and other infrastructure, bankrolling child support services and departments along with other initiatives and Federal money matches. Educational grants and spending. Military bases and posts. Well the list is endless. Infrastructure spending is one of the most efficient tools of coercion the Federal government has over the States. How many of you remember the old 55 mile per hour speed limit or when some states allowed 18 year old teenagers to purchase alcohol? Well now you know how these states were "convinced" to change their laws. You may also remember that Nevada (I think) bucked this coercion for a while because they had low infrastructure maintenance costs.
In a way welfare sending and educational spending are the two best examples of Federal control as they manage to coerce the states into spending what they want the states to spend. This is one reason in order to determine the true magnitude of educational spending one must look at total government spending into the area and not simply take the Federal budget number.
Basically the Red States are the producers and source of natural resources while most Blue enclaves are the financial office areas. In a very real sense Red states end up transporting the vast amount of their taxable revenue to the Blue enclaves to actually act as middle men and collect the money in sales. Along with, you guessed it, the actual tax money. While I admit this explanation is very simplistic it gets the point across. The real reason Red States receive more total Federal trickle down money is due to the tax and income base which is transferred to the Blue States.
http://smallhold-pioneerpreppy.blogspot.com/2...
You actually are sharing an opinion from a slanted, biased blog?
Too funny...lost sheep...:)
Ricos Anonymous Proxy

Los Angeles, CA

#164397 Jul 29, 2013
Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>For a while Detroit cops were telling people via news media that they couldn't guaranty protection to them if they came to the city because there weren't getting the pay raises they were demanding.
Nice huh?
Police are not under any obligation to protect you. That's why pigs AKA cops hang out at the donut shop all day and are never around when you need them. Police are nothing more than an overpaid "visual deterrent".

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28...

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#164398 Jul 29, 2013
Kentucky Liberal wrote:
Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>I have felt that way for a long time.
Remember how stumped she was when faced with the definition of "amnesty"? It took her a few months but she finally came back with a slight new little twist to her presentation that somewhat side skirted the direct challenge to it.
Yeah, we are her test audience for sure.
<quoted text>
Wtf? Where did that come from and what does it have to do with the conversation Posi and I were having about NTR?
Off topic spam!
Look fool his/her post was far more relevent then anything you and posi could post about another poster. Posting and gossiping about other posters has never been the subject of this thread.
Ricos Anonymous Proxy

Los Angeles, CA

#164399 Jul 29, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
Ya gotta love it...Detroit, the darkness at the bottom of a hole.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130729/M...
Why are you celebrating the demise of an American city? You some kind of American hater?
Ricos Anonymous Proxy

Los Angeles, CA

#164400 Jul 29, 2013
Open Mouth Insert Foot wrote:
<quoted text>
Part One
http://smallhold-pioneerpreppy.blogspot.com/2...
Translation:

Red States are the biggest moochers of food stamps. They rely on Blue States doe their hand-me-outs.

You guys are in denial.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#164402 Jul 29, 2013
from the post above by Open Mouth Insert Foot
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#164403 Jul 29, 2013
Sharrp Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually are sharing an opinion from a slanted, biased blog?
Too funny...lost sheep...:)
I notice that you have nothing to refute it with other than your opinion. HAHAHA

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#164404 Jul 29, 2013
freebird wrote:
"Treasury Secretary Jack Lew hit the Sunday shows today to reinforce President Obama's message: No negotiations on the debt ceiling.
Appearing on CNN, Fox, NBC, and ABC, Lew said there should be no strings attached when it comes to paying the nation's bills, and Congress should not repeat the 2011 standoff over increasing the debt ceiling that now stands at some $16.7 trillion."
Obama has already spent more money than Bush did in 8 years.
Bush didn't pay his bills.

Level 7

Location hidden

#164405 Jul 29, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice that you have nothing to refute it with other than your opinion. HAHAHA
Consider the source...closed case.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#164406 Jul 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Requesting something you can Google yourself doesn't change the fact that Red States are the biggest moochers of food stamps.
So what do you buy with your SNAP card? U ever trade it for ammo?
ROLF!!!
Fox News And The GOP Are Wrong: Red States Use The Most Food Stamps
http://www.politicususa.com/2012/01/29/fox-ne...
Do you idiots think this tactic works or are you really this stupid.

Your insults fall short when you attempt to accuse someone of living off the government, that is advocating the establishment of social entitlements.

I know, I know ... this concept falls short in your head because it is unlikely that you know anyone who is not on the government dole.

The fact remains that you are the one begging for the assistance of others, and I am stating that this assistance needs to be abolished. Let the losers fend for themselves and the cards fall where they may.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#164407 Jul 29, 2013
CORRECTION:

That would be the establishment of social entitlements. BTW

Thought that I was u for a second, then I remembered that I don't need handouts.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#164408 Jul 29, 2013
Damn spell check on the iphone. Abolish social entitlements
Lifuka

Provo, UT

#164409 Jul 29, 2013
positronium wrote:
Thank you so very much. I am in absolute agreement with you all the way....This should be posted on every corner.....Throughout the nation......
Obama was and is smart. Who put him in the White House? Those are the stupid ones. They are the ones who failed America. Why blame the tool whereas it is the one who uses it is the one to be blame? I thought America is an educated country. Naaaahhhhhh!

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#164410 Jul 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Why are you celebrating the demise of an American city? You some kind of American hater?
Why are you denying what Democrats, unions, and liberals do to America? You some kind of masochistic moron?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Athens, Greece

#164413 Jul 29, 2013
Who wants to watch me fist myself tonight?

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#164414 Jul 29, 2013
Pops smurf wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you always this ignorant, biased and uninformed? Or are you having another "I'd suck a Dems dck at high noon on Main Street day".?
You seem to never have any debate for what's been said. Only your kindergarten put downs and teenage vulgarity. In other words a total waste of keystrokes.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#164416 Jul 29, 2013
Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>For a while Detroit cops were telling people via news media that they couldn't guaranty protection to them if they came to the city because there weren't getting the pay raises they were demanding.
Nice huh?
I don't wish ill will on anybody specifically, but the writing has been on the wall (graffiti?) for years. Short term fixes, impossible commitments, and escalating taxes have come home to roost. Detroit leads the way again - in a cascade of liberal failures.

Level 7

Location hidden

#164417 Jul 29, 2013
Ban The Ingrates wrote:
No doubt a gang of "N's" did this for Trayvon for "justice" as Lincoln was the one that freed the slaves.
Or some disgruntled illegal aliens handiwork because of the stall of the immigration bill.
Our sacred national symbols mean nothing to this younger generation of takers, wannabes and thugs.
If I was POTUS, I would issue a shoot to kill order for anyone anywhere near our national symbols past the regular daylight visiting hours.
Green paint splatters tarnish two additional DC sites
Green paint marred two more places in Washington, D.C., on Monday, three days after authorities washed away similar vandalism from the Lincoln Memorial.
Wet, green paint was found spattered on a pipe organ in the National Cathedral Monday afternoon, closing its oldest chapel. Outside the Smithsonian Institution headquarters, green paint was reported on the statue of Joseph Henry - the Smithsonian's first secretary - on Friday, the same day police shut down the Lincoln Memorial, according to U.S. Park Police spokesperson Sgt. Paul Brooks.
Brooks says the incident is under investigation, and it's not clear whether it was the same paint that was used on the Memorial. He says it appears that something was intentionally drawn on the statue. The Lincoln Memorial had nothing drawn on it, just splattered paint.
The Metropolitan Police Department is investigating the incident at the National Cathedral while U.S. Park Police look into vandalism on the National Mall, where the Lincoln Memorial and Smithsonian Institution are located. The events haven't been linked to each other.
The Lincoln Memorial has reopened to visitors, and crews are working to remove the paint. The Bethlehem Chapel, within the National Cathedral, was closed Monday afternoon.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57596025/...
"If I was POTUS, I would issue a shoot to kill order for anyone anywhere near our national symbols past the regular daylight visiting hours."

Wow...upset 'eh. What a radical...
Ricos Anonymous Proxy

Los Angeles, CA

#164418 Jul 29, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you idiots think this tactic works or are you really this stupid.
Your insults fall short when you attempt to accuse someone of living off the government, that is advocating the establishment of social entitlements.
I know, I know ... this concept falls short in your head because it is unlikely that you know anyone who is not on the government dole.
The fact remains that you are the one begging for the assistance of others, and I am stating that this assistance needs to be abolished. Let the losers fend for themselves and the cards fall where they may.
I know you hate the truth... Republicans and Conservatism is a fugging JOKE!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump says he'd deport undocumented immigrants ... 9 min Cat74 655
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 17 min Denny CranesPlace 116
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 22 min -Dont Panic- 104
News 2016's top candidates struggle to change the su... 43 min Andrew 35
News Bush, at Mexican border, denounces Trump's immi... 50 min Andrew 14
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 53 min Crazy Beautiful 138,892
News Trump Says He Would Deport Illegal Immigrants 1 hr Cat74 95
More from around the web