The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 383962 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Now What

La Salle, IL

#164378 Jul 29, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>As with Occupy, the Tea Party couldn't define or limit itself to a common and cohesive purpose. When you allow the extremists to be identified with a movement, you lose the moderates on board. It's much better to limit your objectives to major points where you might, just might, hold sway and be able to exercise influence based on sheer magnitude of numbers of participants.
In the same way Congressional reps keep a tally of constituent opinion,they also look at polls and numbers before casting public votes.Most who serve like being there at least long enough to move to the next opportunity as a lobbyist, a board member,to be appointed to a cabinet position to further define for themselves a place in history,etc.
What goals or views"scare you Most Americans are moderate, and even on this thread moderates are on board (or at least they were). I'm not far left or far right. I'm actually pretty moderate, but you'd never know that from the haters here who repeatedly mischaracterize anybody who doesn't think like them. In fact, I believe from what I've read, the far left have a lot more tolerance.They may not agree with you, but they don't attack you as "the devil"for having a different opinion. That's not true for the far right on these threads. They're way out of line in their advocacy. Most of what needs to transpire in America falls in the middle somewhere so that we don't take extreme measures that aren't well thought out and which come back to bite us in the azz because we didn't take the time to look at ALL of the ramifications of change. That's where moderation or compromise comes into play. Change for the sake of change is not necessarily good.
The best part of the far left is that they just don't want to hate somebody based on the exact same characteristics that motivates the far right to hate.;-)So, the more hate emanating from the right, the further left they drive me.It's an involuntary reflex a lot like eye blinking.
Sphere of influence is always subject to change with every single individual human being you encounter in life. You never know who may be affected or influenced and how that translates, or who that individual will influence over the course of a lifetime.Sometimes our greatest leaders credit a teacher or mentor or somebody they've read.Other times, they don't remember who, but they do remember what and why.That's certainly more than a good enough reason to keep reaching out.It also works the other way around.
Have a nice night
Thank you this is the most concise post of yours I have read to date. This gives me a new insight to your beliefs. This gives me a new found respect for your point of view even if I donít agree with some of them.
You asked me what I feared the most itís simple. If a company is too big to fail. It needs to be broken up. Our countryís economy canít be tied to 2 maybe 3 companies. In this respect I am a Monetarist. Yes I do know the bailouts had more to do for liquidity or cash on hand then the loans. If too much power is given to only a few corruptions then who really runs the country. But the last two presidents did nothing but bow to their whims
The problem I have with the far left is we have to take whatever they say as the gospel and they know what is best for us. Rep Phil Hare of Illinois was asked if he had read the Health care bill. He said yes and stated he read it several times. Now I know he personally did not read it there could be no way and I do understand his staff may have read most of it. Now some one stated to him it is against the constitution he made the stupid Statement of ďI Donít Care About the ConstitutionĒ I did not ask him this question. He lost! Senator Durbin in Illinois has also said he thinks American Troops are war criminals. I know these two personally & Sen Durbin god daughter Rep Cheri Bustos a nice family women whom I respect. Now some people on the far right have done just as bad,that is no excuse.
Now What

La Salle, IL

#164379 Jul 29, 2013
Now I do believe most people in public office joins the parties who they think will give them the best chance of winning the seat they want.
Now to tell you why I dislike the president it has nothing to do with the reason people on this site give they are just an effect. The Cause for me is a personal one from before he became a US Senator. But that is a totally different story.
Rico the Racist

Los Angeles, CA

#164380 Jul 29, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny .... because all the liberals here in topix seem to have their hand out to the government, the rich and anyone else that they can beg from. However the conservatives don't advocate for these handouts at all.
Yet the disingenuous liberals want to claim that conservatives (republicans) are the ones on the public dole.
Liberal mantra .... whether true or not ... repeat your lie often in the hopes that others as ignorant as you might actually believe it.
it's a fact that Republican States by an overwhelming majority are food stamp dependent. They get their money aka handouts from blue states such as California. Learn your facts before you run your mouth.
American Lady

Dallas, TX

#164381 Jul 29, 2013
I am still here nutter !!! Touching myself as I post to you.
Rico the Racist

Los Angeles, CA

#164382 Jul 29, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets abolish affirmative action then ... that way we are "all" on a level playing field.
by 2040 white people will come to rely on affirmative action. You might want to keep it if you want your grandkids to survive.
Rico the Racist

Los Angeles, CA

#164383 Jul 29, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO...If I know all about it...Then I was right about you.. Use your head for something besides a dirty diaper rack anchor baby.
how does it feel to know that you came to the USA in the same manner that at illegal alien from Mexico did yet you hate them for the same actions you and your family has done?
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#164384 Jul 29, 2013
Rico the Racist wrote:
<quoted text>
it's a fact that Republican States by an overwhelming majority are food stamp dependent. They get their money aka handouts from blue states such as California. Learn your facts before you run your mouth.
How about posting the source for these facts of yours.

I wont hold my breath.

But I am sure that you will continue to run "your" mouth, as it is most likely the only thing about you that "works".
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#164385 Jul 29, 2013
Rico the Racist wrote:
<quoted text>
by 2040 white people will come to rely on affirmative action. You might want to keep it if you want your grandkids to survive.
Keep dreaming. Everyone has to have a dream, not matter how unlikely.

Rico's foolishness is to believe that just because the minorities may become the majority, doesn't mean that they will be in charge. As much as you would like to dream ... the fruit picker will never be the CEO.
Open Mouth Insert Foot

Fremont, CA

#164386 Jul 29, 2013
Rico the Racist wrote:
<quoted text>
Part One

A common liberal talking point which some patriots have swallowed is that traditional "Red States" receive more Federal money each year than Blue States. Of course truth is in the eye of the beholder and all that and depending on how you present the data (Enron accounting anyone?) this theory can be presented as factual.

Much like the feminist myth of men being paid more than women however the truth is something a bit different in the real world.

For one thing let us keep in mind that the current form of trickle down taxation is basically unconstitutional and gives the Federal government almost tyrannical control of how our money is spent. This is important because it completely masks the actual producing wealth of the individual states. As preppers we know in the end the only thing that really counts is your productivity. Liberal ideology however needs to hide as far from productivity acknowledgment as it can or their talking points fall into to dust. It is also important to keep in mind that through years of manipulation and legislation the Federal government in truth determines how much tax money each state retains and how much of that tax money goes to which programs. They usually accomplish this by matching Fed money with State revenue spent but they get tricky by not always declaring the percentage of matching they are doing. This is also an important fact.

So let us look at a few other points. When Liberals point out the spending, they are actually referring to total spending not simply welfare or entitlement spending. This means things like roads and other infrastructure, bankrolling child support services and departments along with other initiatives and Federal money matches. Educational grants and spending. Military bases and posts. Well the list is endless. Infrastructure spending is one of the most efficient tools of coercion the Federal government has over the States. How many of you remember the old 55 mile per hour speed limit or when some states allowed 18 year old teenagers to purchase alcohol? Well now you know how these states were "convinced" to change their laws. You may also remember that Nevada (I think) bucked this coercion for a while because they had low infrastructure maintenance costs.

In a way welfare sending and educational spending are the two best examples of Federal control as they manage to coerce the states into spending what they want the states to spend. This is one reason in order to determine the true magnitude of educational spending one must look at total government spending into the area and not simply take the Federal budget number.

Basically the Red States are the producers and source of natural resources while most Blue enclaves are the financial office areas. In a very real sense Red states end up transporting the vast amount of their taxable revenue to the Blue enclaves to actually act as middle men and collect the money in sales. Along with, you guessed it, the actual tax money. While I admit this explanation is very simplistic it gets the point across. The real reason Red States receive more total Federal trickle down money is due to the tax and income base which is transferred to the Blue States.

http://smallhold-pioneerpreppy.blogspot.com/2...

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#164387 Jul 29, 2013
Ya gotta love it...Detroit, the darkness at the bottom of a hole.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130729/M...
Open Mouth Insert Foot

Fremont, CA

#164388 Jul 29, 2013
Rico the Racist wrote:
<quoted text>
Part Two

Why do some States Feast of Federal Spending

http://taxfoundation.org/blog/why-do-some-sta...

Keep in mind that the Federal government is the only administrator of interstate commerce. Like we haven't had that term shoved down our throats for hundreds of years. As the one in control it only increases their power to control the trickle down revenue expenditure and keep the Red States begging while transferringso much of our tax revenue to the Blue and pro Federalist States.

If you look at actual welfare spending by case load or per capita the numbers tell a slightly different story than the liberal federalist would like.

Welfare caseloads per capita

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco_wel_cas_...

Top five states per capita - DC, Guam, Rhode Island, Tenn. and Kalifornia. Hmmmmm things are not what they seem.

Total case load becomes - California, New York, Texas, Penn. Michigan - In that order

As I said an entirely different picture is it not?

So whenever someone tells you Red States receive more money from the Federal government than Blue States remind them that it is the Federal government that decides how much those Red States get to keep in the first place and since they take more from the Red States they have to give more back.

Believe me if/when we Red States have to go our own way, we won't need Federal Money to pay for ourselves.

Red States are the true producers and only sustainable States in the Union.

Keep Prepping Everyone!!!!

Ricos Anonymous Proxy

Los Angeles, CA

#164391 Jul 29, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
How about posting the source for these facts of yours.
I wont hold my breath.
But I am sure that you will continue to run "your" mouth, as it is most likely the only thing about you that "works".
Requesting something you can Google yourself doesn't change the fact that Red States are the biggest moochers of food stamps.

So what do you buy with your SNAP card? U ever trade it for ammo?

ROLF!!!

Fox News And The GOP Are Wrong: Red States Use The Most Food Stamps
http://www.politicususa.com/2012/01/29/fox-ne...
Ricos Anonymous Proxy

Los Angeles, CA

#164392 Jul 29, 2013
Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>Freco rico assumes all of our grandchildren will all be pure "White" and in the same post he admits non-Whites will not treat them fairly if they don't have Affirmative Action to protect them. Also note that a.a. doesn't offer any protection for the White race anyway.
My bad... you guys are not just white, you're all white "trash".
Ricos Anonymous Proxy

Los Angeles, CA

#164393 Jul 29, 2013
White privilege is under attack and all the shiftless whites are now "concerned" about having to play fair now.

LOL!!!
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#164395 Jul 29, 2013
Ricos Anonymous Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Requesting something you can Google yourself doesn't change the fact that Red States are the biggest moochers of food stamps.
So what do you buy with your SNAP card? U ever trade it for ammo?
ROLF!!!
Fox News And The GOP Are Wrong: Red States Use The Most Food Stamps
http://www.politicususa.com/2012/01/29/fox-ne...
A common liberal talking point which some patriots have swallowed is that traditional "Red States" receive more Federal money each year than Blue States. Of course truth is in the eye of the beholder and all that and depending on how you present the data (Enron accounting anyone?) this theory can be presented as factual.

Much like the feminist myth of men being paid more than women however the truth is something a bit different in the real world.

For one thing let us keep in mind that the current form of trickle down taxation is basically unconstitutional and gives the Federal government almost tyrannical control of how our money is spent. This is important because it completely masks the actual producing wealth of the individual states. As preppers we know in the end the only thing that really counts is your productivity. Liberal ideology however needs to hide as far from productivity acknowledgment as it can or their talking points fall into to dust. It is also important to keep in mind that through years of manipulation and legislation the Federal government in truth determines how much tax money each state retains and how much of that tax money goes to which programs. They usually accomplish this by matching Fed money with State revenue spent but they get tricky by not always declaring the percentage of matching they are doing. This is also an important fact.

So let us look at a few other points. When Liberals point out the spending, they are actually referring to total spending not simply welfare or entitlement spending. This means things like roads and other infrastructure, bankrolling child support services and departments along with other initiatives and Federal money matches. Educational grants and spending. Military bases and posts. Well the list is endless. Infrastructure spending is one of the most efficient tools of coercion the Federal government has over the States. How many of you remember the old 55 mile per hour speed limit or when some states allowed 18 year old teenagers to purchase alcohol? Well now you know how these states were "convinced" to change their laws. You may also remember that Nevada (I think) bucked this coercion for a while because they had low infrastructure maintenance costs.

In a way welfare sending and educational spending are the two best examples of Federal control as they manage to coerce the states into spending what they want the states to spend. This is one reason in order to determine the true magnitude of educational spending one must look at total government spending into the area and not simply take the Federal budget number.

Basically the Red States are the producers and source of natural resources while most Blue enclaves are the financial office areas. In a very real sense Red states end up transporting the vast amount of their taxable revenue to the Blue enclaves to actually act as middle men and collect the money in sales. Along with, you guessed it, the actual tax money. While I admit this explanation is very simplistic it gets the point across. The real reason Red States receive more total Federal trickle down money is due to the tax and income base which is transferred to the Blue States.

“This is all a game”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#164396 Jul 29, 2013
Open Mouth Insert Foot wrote:
<quoted text>
Part One
You actually are sharing an opinion from a slanted, biased blog?
Too funny...lost sheep...:)
Ricos Anonymous Proxy

Los Angeles, CA

#164397 Jul 29, 2013
Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>For a while Detroit cops were telling people via news media that they couldn't guaranty protection to them if they came to the city because there weren't getting the pay raises they were demanding.
Nice huh?
Police are not under any obligation to protect you. That's why pigs AKA cops hang out at the donut shop all day and are never around when you need them. Police are nothing more than an overpaid "visual deterrent".

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28...

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#164398 Jul 29, 2013
Kentucky Liberal wrote:
Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>I have felt that way for a long time.
Remember how stumped she was when faced with the definition of "amnesty"? It took her a few months but she finally came back with a slight new little twist to her presentation that somewhat side skirted the direct challenge to it.
Yeah, we are her test audience for sure.
<quoted text>
Wtf? Where did that come from and what does it have to do with the conversation Posi and I were having about NTR?
Off topic spam!
Look fool his/her post was far more relevent then anything you and posi could post about another poster. Posting and gossiping about other posters has never been the subject of this thread.
Ricos Anonymous Proxy

Los Angeles, CA

#164399 Jul 29, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
Ya gotta love it...Detroit, the darkness at the bottom of a hole.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130729/M...
Why are you celebrating the demise of an American city? You some kind of American hater?
Ricos Anonymous Proxy

Los Angeles, CA

#164400 Jul 29, 2013
Open Mouth Insert Foot wrote:
<quoted text>
Part One
Translation:

Red States are the biggest moochers of food stamps. They rely on Blue States doe their hand-me-outs.

You guys are in denial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 30 min Cakes4170 5,992
News Will a wall stop illegal immigration? 32 minute... 45 min spytheweb 6
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 45 min cubeshaker 449
News San Francisco lawmakers vote to uphold 'sanctua... 52 min spytheweb 4
News Mexican-American textbook stirs cultural debate... 59 min Ur mama 18
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr TRUTH 8,478
News Texas' Mexican heritage textbook a racist travesty 1 hr slick willie expl... 2
More from around the web