The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Comments (Page 6,901)

Showing posts 138,001 - 138,020 of218,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Extremism is no virtue”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Offshore drilling? More:

Company responsible for latest Gulf blowout complains about overregulation

By John Upton

http://grist.org/news/company-responsible-for...

26 Jul 2013

You’ll never guess who spent the past several years arguing that the Obama administration should back off from its regulatory oversight of oil and gas drillers.

That would be James Noe, executive vice president of Hercules Offshore, Inc., which was operating a gas-drilling rig when it blew out and caught fire off the coast of Louisiana on Tuesday. It was just luck that the rig stopped burning on Thursday — sand and sediment plugged up the well hole, blocking the flow of leaking natural gas that had fueled the blaze.
(cont.)
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Chasm widens sucking in the right wing nuts and Teabaggers alike. Traditionalist conservatives are spitting out the poisonous Tea.
Democrats and republican moderates have joined forces. Sweeping aside the Tea Party and the right wing nuts. In all places, Arizona! A previous bestial of the Tea Party.
Between them both they actually came to a budget with bipartisan support. On June 13, 2013 Governor Jan Brewer {R} Led the way that will add over 300,000 of their uninsured citizens to the roles of the insured. Embracing the Obamacare Health Care Plan.
Governor Jan Brewer gathered up her allies and repulsed themselves from the intoxicated Teabaggers and their minions. Carrying it so far as not to answerer any of the Tea and right wing nuts questions and shooting down any of their proposals.
Obamacare exposed the rift that is growing into a chasm where the Tea and the right wing nuts are being pushed into.
Their Senate President Andy Biggs {R} who was a staunch opponent to the Obamacare was swept aside. All these right wing nuts and the Teabaggers, had to say , was similar to what we find on these threads. Right wing nuts and Teabaggers, Constant redundant dysfunctional rhetoric and derogatory remarks. No substance or valid argument. Sputtering and babbling.. Now we know where these urchins get their cue’s from. Rushing Foxes with their Pied Piper’s melodies of “A La Propaganda.”
The chasm widens..
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You are aware that I oppose illegal immigration and always have. We both know why I do. It's grossly unfair to American labor. That said, the laws concerning American children do not and will not distinguish between those who are born of illegal parents and those who are born of legal parents. They simply do not, regardless of how you feel and what you want to call them (anchors, whatever). They are, nevertheless, Americans by birthright.
Next, you go back to drilling in coastal waters, and I am very concerned about how poorly those RULE and REGS were handled in the first place and the huge culpability that Halliburton has for the violations and subsequent cover-up and destruction of incriminating evidence. Until we resolve the kinds of environmentally toxic kinds of accidents that occurred with Deep Water Horizon, we'd better pray our President and Congress protects our vital waterways from another unnecessary and life changing spill:
http://grist.org/news/halliburton-admits-it-d...
Halliburton admits it destroyed Deepwater Horizon Evidence
July 26, 2013
The legal parents can't scam the system as easily as the illegals can. If they get food stamps why are we feeding their children breakfast and lunch at school?

As he suspends deep oil water drilling, other nations are still doing it. I'm sure BP learned their lesson. Do you really think they wanted it to happen? What about coal? I'm all for alternative energy, but until things are working like they are supposed to, then what he's doing is only hurting the working poor and middle class. Not only at the pump but also for everything we buy.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>While you claim you "oppose illegal immigration and always have." the facts are you oppose nearly every measure that would have a meaningful negative impact on their presents here and support only those that will net minimal if any results.
Exactly!!!

“Extremism is no virtue”

Level 8

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>While you claim you "oppose illegal immigration and always have." the facts are you oppose nearly every measure that would have a meaningful negative impact on their presents here and support only those that will net minimal if any results.
What presents? WHO wants to provide illegals any presents? Well, if you think about it, that would be the businesses who hire them and the government who indulges business owners (both sides). The most frustrating thing is that these beneficiaries have decided that taxpayers should play Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and purchase the birthday cakes too.

I support a program of legalization that does NOT expand the population of illegals by virtue of discouraging even more cheap labor to enter and by putting a cap on how many can apply or stay. What part of that strategy do you continue to be so dimwitted that you cannot comprehend the advantages no matter how many times I explain? I'm done with you on this, but regardless of what transpires in Congress, the program I floated here on these threads is far better than any deal we'll ever see take place. You're remiss in NOT signing up and supporting it, because it would have been the BEST thing that could happen for American labor in contrast to everything else corporatists and their enablers in Congress have under consideration to assist them in obtaining cheaper labor in America. Oh, well.

You keep deluding yourself that they'll self-deport or we'll deport them.(I'm compelled to roll my eyes and move on to another topic.)

The President has NOT failed us. Our Congress has failed us, and we should never lose sight of that.

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text> Liar.
7 generations baby...dumbo! LMAO!!

<bonbon and qball are twins> :)

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when she has to use a dictionary.
Boring life 'eh? LOL!!
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
Chasm widens sucking in the right wing nuts and Teabaggers alike. Traditionalist conservatives are spitting out the poisonous Tea.
Democrats and republican moderates have joined forces. Sweeping aside the Tea Party and the right wing nuts. In all places, Arizona! A previous bestial of the Tea Party.
Between them both they actually came to a budget with bipartisan support. On June 13, 2013 Governor Jan Brewer {R} Led the way that will add over 300,000 of their uninsured citizens to the roles of the insured. Embracing the Obamacare Health Care Plan.
Governor Jan Brewer gathered up her allies and repulsed themselves from the intoxicated Teabaggers and their minions. Carrying it so far as not to answerer any of the Tea and right wing nuts questions and shooting down any of their proposals.
Obamacare exposed the rift that is growing into a chasm where the Tea and the right wing nuts are being pushed into.
Their Senate President Andy Biggs {R} who was a staunch opponent to the Obamacare was swept aside. All these right wing nuts and the Teabaggers, had to say , was similar to what we find on these threads. Right wing nuts and Teabaggers, Constant redundant dysfunctional rhetoric and derogatory remarks. No substance or valid argument. Sputtering and babbling.. Now we know where these urchins get their cue’s from. Rushing Foxes with their Pied Piper’s melodies of “A La Propaganda.”
The chasm widens..
The guns a being bought. The ammo piling up...The old west getting relighted because of full blooded parasites spreading poverty when they passed the compassion way many years ago.

“what say you”

Since: Feb 10

main street

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>People such as you who canonize the thugs and kill the good guys?
Would a 21st century confederate vandalize the Lincoln Memorial?
Michigan leech

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>He is familiar with it so it makes him comfortable.
Says the undesirable American who had to go overseas to find someone that'd marry his sorry azz.
LMAO

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>What presents? WHO wants to provide illegals any presents? Well, if you think about it, that would be the businesses who hire them and the government who indulges business owners (both sides). The most frustrating thing is that these beneficiaries have decided that taxpayers should play Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and purchase the birthday cakes too.
I support a program of legalization that does NOT expand the population of illegals by virtue of discouraging even more cheap labor to enter and by putting a cap on how many can apply or stay. What part of that strategy do you continue to be so dimwitted that you cannot comprehend the advantages no matter how many times I explain? I'm done with you on this, but regardless of what transpires in Congress, the program I floated here on these threads is far better than any deal we'll ever see take place. You're remiss in NOT signing up and supporting it, because it would have been the BEST thing that could happen for American labor in contrast to everything else corporatists and their enablers in Congress have under consideration to assist them in obtaining cheaper labor in America. Oh, well.
You keep deluding yourself that they'll self-deport or we'll deport them.(I'm compelled to roll my eyes and move on to another topic.)
The President has NOT failed us. Our Congress has failed us, and we should never lose sight of that.
Presence hon IS what he meant. Leave it to you to not comprehend. It IS what you do best along with your gushing of worship for your messiah

“Extremism is no virtue”

Level 8

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
The legal parents can't scam the system as easily as the illegals can. If they get food stamps why are we feeding their children breakfast and lunch at school?
As he suspends deep oil water drilling, other nations are still doing it. I'm sure BP learned their lesson. Do you really think they wanted it to happen? What about coal? I'm all for alternative energy, but until things are working like they are supposed to, then what he's doing is only hurting the working poor and middle class. Not only at the pump but also for everything we buy.
Feeding illegal school children? To the best of my knowledge, schools in most states do NOT keep records as to which of their students are legal or illegal. The courts continue to reject those kinds of laws on appeal by state governments, and as I've already commented, government is clearly assisting business in maintaining cheap labor. What you or I want is obviously of little consequence when business and government are in bed together without any concern for run of the mill regular Americans' best interests.

Next:

You should read up on coal. The coal burning going all the way back to the advent of the Industrial Age has had an ongoing adverse environmental contributing to global warming - unless of course, you're somebody who rejects science:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/geoffreylea...

King Coal gets a chill as the World Bank tackles global warming

By Geoffrey Lean
July 19th, 2013

It had to come, but it is still a significant moment. The World Bank – which over the last 20 years has financed more coal-fired power stations around the globe than any other international institution – has just announced that it will stop doing so “except in rare circumstances”.

The announcement marks an important symbolic step in the bank’s transition from being one of the world’s principal environmental bogeyman to being a champion of combating climate change, a process accelerated by its relatively newly appointed President, Jim Kim.

The new policy – which follows a similar pledge by the US administration – will restrict financial support for electricity generation from coal, the dirtiest and most climate threatening of the fossil fuels, to countries that have “no feasible alternatives”. It will instead scale up its support for hydroelectric power and natural gas.

The practical effect of the announcement will, in fact, not be that great. The bank, which annually funds over $50 billion of infrastructure projects, has not financed a major coal plant since lending South Africa $3 billion in 2010 for a highly controversial power station near Johannesburg. And, as a further sign of its new environmental emphasis, it has doubled its support for renewable energy around the world.

The greening of the World Bank owes much to two Brits, Ian Johnson its Vice President of Sustainable Development for the best part of a decade from 1998, and Rachel Kyte, who now holds the post. But it has been given a big push by the arrival of Kim, the first scientist to serve as its president, who has made tackling global warming one of his chief priorities and has produced two groundbreaking reports warning of its dangers in less than a year in the job.(cont.)

“Extremism is no virtue”

Level 8

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>Presence hon IS what he meant. Leave it to you to not comprehend. It IS what you do best along with your gushing of worship for your messiah
Leave it to you to have no sense of humor or comprehension as to how that response fit right in with his concerns. I'm not your "hon".
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Will it be Bernard Madoff? Will he get pardoned?

"(Reuters)- The White House moved on Friday to damp down speculation about President Barack Obama's choice to lead the Federal Reserve when Ben Bernanke's term expires, saying no decision has been made and no announcement is likely until the fall.

Bernanke's second four-year term as chairman at the U.S. central bank ends Jan. 31, and Obama has signaled that the former Princeton professor is likely to step down."
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Feeding illegal school children? To the best of my knowledge, schools in most states do NOT keep records as to which of their students are legal or illegal. The courts continue to reject those kinds of laws on appeal by state governments, and as I've already commented, government is clearly assisting business in maintaining cheap labor. What you or I want is obviously of little consequence when business and government are in bed together without any concern for run of the mill regular Americans' best interests.
Next:
You should read up on coal. The coal burning going all the way back to the advent of the Industrial Age has had an ongoing adverse environmental contributing to global warming - unless of course, you're somebody who rejects science:
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/geoffreylea...
King Coal gets a chill as the World Bank tackles global warming
By Geoffrey Lean
July 19th, 2013
It had to come, but it is still a significant moment. The World Bank – which over the last 20 years has financed more coal-fired power stations around the globe than any other international institution – has just announced that it will stop doing so “except in rare circumstances”.
The announcement marks an important symbolic step in the bank’s transition from being one of the world’s principal environmental bogeyman to being a champion of combating climate change, a process accelerated by its relatively newly appointed President, Jim Kim.
The new policy – which follows a similar pledge by the US administration – will restrict financial support for electricity generation from coal, the dirtiest and most climate threatening of the fossil fuels, to countries that have “no feasible alternatives”. It will instead scale up its support for hydroelectric power and natural gas.
The practical effect of the announcement will, in fact, not be that great. The bank, which annually funds over $50 billion of infrastructure projects, has not financed a major coal plant since lending South Africa $3 billion in 2010 for a highly controversial power station near Johannesburg. And, as a further sign of its new environmental emphasis, it has doubled its support for renewable energy around the world.
The greening of the World Bank owes much to two Brits, Ian Johnson its Vice President of Sustainable Development for the best part of a decade from 1998, and Rachel Kyte, who now holds the post. But it has been given a big push by the arrival of Kim, the first scientist to serve as its president, who has made tackling global warming one of his chief priorities and has produced two groundbreaking reports warning of its dangers in less than a year in the job.(cont.)
If we don't use it, the coal companies will be allowed to sell it to China. Earths atmosphere is connected.:)

“Extremism is no virtue”

Level 8

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>Do you support checking checking papers on demand? Deporting those illegals we know where they are? Prosecution of all those assisting illegal aliens? Deporting those that have shown up to our emergency rooms after we have stabilized them? Prosecuting illegals we find working here? Building the fence to keep them out? Cutting off all aid to illegals, actually asking for proof of legally being here when applying for government help and deporting those found to be here illegally when applying? Do you support stiff penalties for ALL of those breaking our immigration laws? Will you say yo support one or tow of these things after you make some modifications to them or do you support all but one or two as they are?
The president has failed us regardless of what other politicians may had done or are doing. He is suppose to be leading the country but he can not.
I support a carrot and a stick approach to fixing the problem. I had a clearly outlined and fairly well detailed plan. If you missed it after many repeats on Topix, sorry, but I'm done with it. If the current proposal fails Congress, I'll eventually bring it up again somewhere on these threads.

You continue to miss the entire point of the problem which is business and government in collusion. Nothing you want has anything whatsoever to do with the problem. Once again, the problem is business and government in collusion to afford cheap labor in America. Sigh

“Extremism is no virtue”

Level 8

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>She obviously knew what I meant. She talked about something else didn't she?
You're both too slow. I'm leaving for awhile just so you don't bore me to tears.
LMAO

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Leave it to you to have no sense of humor or comprehension as to how that response fit right in with his concerns. I'm not your "hon".
pointing out your comprehension problems hon. Use a little commonsense next time. If you think I have NO sense of humor what do you think my name defines? LMAO

Tee hee hee hon
LMAO

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>She obviously knew what I meant. She talked about something else didn't she?
hey dont pounce on me for pointing out her inability to comprehend. Who do you think you are? Her savior, Or just another paid troll
LMAO

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when she has to use a dictionary.
You might should invest in one yourself. You and ntr - two peas in a pod. Kentucky libtards!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 138,001 - 138,020 of218,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••