The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 395372 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Quirkys scalp

Buena Park, CA

#163866 Jul 27, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text> Seven generations? Bald faced liar.
I resemble that remark!

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#163867 Jul 27, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>We ARE working on solutions that would allow us to continue using coal with far less harm to the environment:
Clean Coal Technologies Inc. to build coal test plant in Oklahoma
Clean Coal Technologies Inc. is building a pilot plant in eastern Oklahoma to test technology turn coal into a cleaner burning, more efficient fuel.
By Jay F. Marks Published: July 26, 2013
Robin Eves is convinced his company has a “desperately needed” solution for the global coal industry.
Clean Coal Technologies Inc. is building a pilot plant in eastern Oklahoma to test processes that could make coal a more efficient, cleaner burning fuel.
The New York-based company has developed technology that uses controlled heat to extract pollutants and moisture from coal.(cont.)
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TJCAIRS3N6A9PIG...

“This is all a game”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#163868 Jul 27, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text> Seven generations? Bald faced liar.
Yes, 7 generations twinkie queen...a clarifaction is justified..

You see my family aren't degenarates. I know, I know you can't

help that y'all are inbred freaks...hillbilly's LOL!!!!

<moo> :)

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#163869 Jul 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> What about religion? <quoted text> If a business wants cheap labor there is always temp agencies. Businesses cannot negotiate the electric bill or the cost of equipment, repair, insurance, rent/mortgage payments these expenses are for the most part fixed. Labor, on the other hand is negotiable to some extent. You do not appear to have anything other than a superficial knowledge of the nuts and bolts of actually running a business, meeting a payroll, putting out a product, competing which means one has to keep costs to a minimum. Sure you can be generous in paying workers but at the end of the day it will cut into your profit big time and your competitors will underbid you and get your accounts. It happens every day. If you know so much perhaps you should start a business which competes with say Wal Mart and pay your workers what you consider to be a decent salary and see how long you last.
You apparently had one too many cups of coffee today.

I'm not trying to tell you how to run any business you may/may not own. Not at all.

The comments are about WHY illegal immigrants are still present and we have an immigration reform measure in Congress that would legalize most all of them. It has nothing to do with you and paying your workers, and I don't have any workers to pay. I just know that illegal workers seem to be doing fine and are willing to continue working here and employers are happy to hire them. The folks who aren't thrilled with the arrangments are Americans who compete in a race to the bottom of the wage barrel and taxpayers who are providing most of the benefits which government seems to find a way to provide. Now, if you continue putting businesses that hire Americans out of business because they cannot compete against those who hire cheap illegal labor, you will simply displace the workforce of America (at the competing level of high school educated or less) into the realm of the unemployed (read that NEEDY and IMPOVERISHED). Is this particularly helpful to those Americans or to the shrinking and eroded middle class? I don't think so.

You can think whatever you like, but at the end of the day, any nation that continues to allow unfettered illegal immigration will ultimately and eventually over time become a failed state.

Alrighty, then. I'll be back later to read your objections and rebuttal.

“This is all a game”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#163870 Jul 27, 2013
Happy eating...I'm out for a morning ride....

<bonbon just bought a case of Twinkies at Walmart>
Bozo exposer

United States

#163871 Jul 27, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, Mrs. Loopner! Opinion duly noted. So happy nobody will have to think for themselves. We got you, babe. ;-)
You're really a very unhappy individual. You need a hug. Good luck!
Not surprised by your childish, petty reaction, you arrogant ass. YOU are the one who posted that everyone should be hanging on your every word, not me. Uptight much?

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#163872 Jul 27, 2013
Claire wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember that one time at band camp when NTR and queer Jack were so proud of spamming topix with that stupid dribble she came up with. They were like all "ohh and ahh and woohoo" with themselves. That was pretty funny.
It must not have rained on the fourth of July where you live. That's too bad. It is NEVER wise to set off an MD-80 in your hand right beside your head. At a minimum, it creates the equivalent of shaken baby syndrome. Don't ever do it again, and maybe you will eventually recover from the concussive impact.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#163873 Jul 27, 2013
Bozo exposer wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprised by your childish, petty reaction, you arrogant ass. YOU are the one who posted that everyone should be hanging on your every word, not me. Uptight much?
Oh! You seem upset. I'm hungry. BBL
Hacking hick

Buena Park, CA

#163874 Jul 27, 2013
Quirky the bald plate is in the building!

How can I tell?

My device is showing his sparse combover hairs
off to the side.
His wrinkled face needs a shave and his unwashed mouth stink to high heaven,
But his judgeit duty comes first!
Talk about dedication!

If judgeit duty paid, he'd be a millionaire!

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#163875 Jul 27, 2013
freebird wrote:
Will it be Bernard Madoff? Will he get pardoned?
"(Reuters)- The White House moved on Friday to damp down speculation about President Barack Obama's choice to lead the Federal Reserve when Ben Bernanke's term expires, saying no decision has been made and no announcement is likely until the fall.
Bernanke's second four-year term as chairman at the U.S. central bank ends Jan. 31, and Obama has signaled that the former Princeton professor is likely to step down."
All Madoff has to do is pledge a hefty contribution to the DNC, he won't only get pardoned he'll be awarded a cushy ambassadorship.
Hacking hick

Buena Park, CA

#163876 Jul 27, 2013
Sharrp Shooter wrote:
Happy eating...I'm out for a morning ride....
<bonbon just bought a case of Twinkies at Walmart>
LOL!
Enjoy your ride SS.

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#163877 Jul 27, 2013
Kentucky Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>Fishing is fishing whether there is a fish in the pond or not. Go ask any game warden.
It's only what you catch that counts.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#163879 Jul 27, 2013
Another one of Obama's sons does what they do best.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/... -$10

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#163880 Jul 27, 2013
NTRPR1 is Coyote Ugly wrote:
<quoted text>
What...Your EX black husbands peniz?
Go get a black dil-do and dream old woman.
Your ex husbands new girl is thoroughly enjoying what you fcked up on...lolololol
Any woman who has been married 5 times....well...she just aint meeting the womanly requirements in the bedroom for sure.
You know ho?
You know the true beauty of a human being shines through their words and actions. I don't believe that God made you that ugly but you sure make yourself such.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Vallejo, CA

#163881 Jul 27, 2013
Rico the Racist wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans hate the USA that's why it happened.
They sure do talk about its downfall, stockpiling weapons, and preparing for mass chaos a lot, don't they?

I think they want to see America fail just so they can blame liberals and Obama. That's how wicked they are and little they really care about this country. Look at all the posts from the extremists who are constantly predicting the destruction of the United States. They enjoy the very thought of it.

Level 9

Vallejo, CA

#163882 Jul 27, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would do such a terrible thing? Given past practices as a guide, would you say it was someone from the Occupy crowd or the Tea Party crowd? Remember objectivity, your reputation is at stake.
I have no idea. It could have been a 17-year-old white boy in a hoodie.

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#163883 Jul 27, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You apparently had one too many cups of coffee today.
I'm not trying to tell you how to run any business you may/may not own. Not at all.
Right about the coffee. I am not saying you are trying to tell anyone how to run a business. I am saying you do not really know what you are talking about. It sounds like book as opposed to actual knowledge. Theory. For example you say that business and government are in collusion. What collusion? They have to deal with each other. There are OSHA inspectors, There is payments to governments subject to IRS audits. Things like that. There is no secret hidden meetings between business and government officials to hire non Americans for cheap labor. No conspiracy theories. If you have actual evidence to the contrary, please present or provide a link. Any non American who has a job pays into social security and will not be able to draw anything out at retirement.
The comments are about WHY illegal immigrants are still present and we have an immigration reform measure in Congress that would legalize most all of them. It has nothing to do with you and paying your workers, and I don't have any workers to pay.
Then you have never run a business where you actually had to hire an employee? Background check? Identification? Health check? Drug test?
I just know that illegal workers seem to be doing fine and are willing to continue working here and employers are happy to hire them.
Businesses run huge risks if they hire non Americans, at least around here. It is not worth it.
The folks who aren't thrilled with the arrangments are Americans who compete in a race to the bottom of the wage barrel and taxpayers who are providing most of the benefits which government seems to find a way to provide.
Well i know there are problems associated with non Americans and their children and feeding and caring and all these things. How decent Americans deal with these matters. We can't just let them starve or bleed to death if they get injured because they are non Americans.
Now, if you continue putting businesses that hire Americans out of business because they cannot compete against those who hire cheap illegal labor, you will simply displace the workforce of America (at the competing level of high school educated or less) into the realm of the unemployed (read that NEEDY and IMPOVERISHED). Is this particularly helpful to those Americans or to the shrinking and eroded middle class? I don't think so.
What businesses? I think the problem is being over exaggerated. Most businesses are law abiding. There are huge fines attached to businesses which violate federal law and competing businesses will rat each other out to the feds. For example. If i knew my competition was using illegals, all i gotta do is make an anonymous phone call.

Level 9

Vallejo, CA

#163884 Jul 27, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>A thug that she thinks she has the authority to canonize.
What an idiotic thing to say, but then you post a great many idiotic things.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#163885 Jul 27, 2013
Rico the Racial Barometer wrote:
<quoted text>Who says it is limited to somebody from one of those 2 groups? Ever see much graffiti...er...tagging...er VANDALISM in the ghetto? Or is that also the responsibility of Tea Party or Occupiers?
Oh I am sure they will try and blame some Confederate for it and claim its a race/hate crime.. But we will see who they arrest.. On another note those worthless bums/thugs are at it again..

Taggers target murals in Mills 50 area of Orlando
ORLANDO --
Murals painted by a local artist to curb graffiti and tagging in Orange County are being tagged once again.

The city of Orlando paid $1,500 for Andrew Spear to paint a wall along Mills Avenue because it was constantly being tagged.

Commissioner Patty Sheehan approved dozens more murals in the Mills 50 area of Orlando.

But recently taggers have spray painted over the art.

"What really bothers me about this, this is art,” Sheehan said.“This nonsense is not art. And this is a desperate, pathetic attempt for attention for someone who clearly doesn't have a brain in their head. I'm just really upset about this because I supported this local artist to come out here and paint this mural."

Some of the murals are covered in a protective coat, which allows the tagging to be washed off.

If you have any information in this case, you can call Crimeline anonymously at (800) 423-TIPS (8477).

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13...

You just can't take the ghetto out of them..

Eagle

Level 9

Vallejo, CA

#163886 Jul 27, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>People such as you who canonize the thugs and kill the good guys?
You truly are an imbecile.

I haven't "canonized" anyone, and I haven't killed anyone, you ignorant buffoon.

Seek attention from someone else, drama queen until you have something intelligent and rational to post to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton speaks in Orlando on her plan f... 1 hr T-REX 7
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 3 hr Quirky 11,251
News Trailer manufacturing company and owner convict... (Jul '11) 3 hr Big Agribusiness 48
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 3 hr Big Agribusiness 10,160
News Trump pledges to recognize Jerusalem as united ... 4 hr Wildchild 1
News Trump Meets With Netanyahu to Discuss Israel's ... 4 hr Wildchild 1
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr NuRidersoftheePur... 142,637
More from around the web