The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 390983 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#161988 Jul 22, 2013
Pharisees

Matthew 23:1-39 ESV

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples,“The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat, so practice and observe whatever they tell you—but not what they do. For they preach, but do not practice. They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to move them with their finger. They do all their deeds to be seen by others. For they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long,...

Luke 18:10-14 ESV

“Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus:‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying,‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

http://www.openbible.info/topics/pharisees_
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#161989 Jul 22, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Organized religion is a scam. Why is it that your God is more true than that of another faith group?
Because the tomb is EMPTY!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#161991 Jul 22, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe if one does not honor GOD in public, he will not be allowed to honor him in heaven.
Thank you for your faithfulness in which you are not afraid to speak of GOD and often.
Thank You R!
You do also.
I respect that in you.:)

I talk about Him, everywhere I go ...
He 'lives' in my life!

IF people can NOT accept me ...
BECAUSE of Him ...

I do NOT feel like I belong there ...
[except on topix of course :D]
It's neutral ground.

It's really that simple.

Level 2

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#161992 Jul 22, 2013
Reality wrote:
The White race which is so vehemently attacked for black slavery happens to be the least race in the world to enslave fewer slaves in a shorter period of time.
Over 600,000 Americans were killed during the Civil War fighting for blacks and their right to freedom.
Among them were American Indians and blacks.
Many countries in the continent of Africa TODAY is still selling black people as slaves. The going rate is between $50 and $65. per person. Many African nations still genocide their own people. Many African nations commit female castration of genitals on very young female children. Many African nations starve and enslave in concentration camps their own race..........
Yet, we in American write, talk, fight, deliberate, protest and whine about one black teen who happen to have a shaky and dysfunctional background.
Due to one group of people who thrive on keeping racism alive and this includes Obama.
Then we call ourselves civilized.
Using that logic, Hitler wasn't really that bad.

Level 2

#161993 Jul 22, 2013
Bocephus Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post.
The Bible is very explicit in admonishing Christians to acknowledge Jesus publicly. It states it in many, many passages.
God Bless
The Old Testament says nothing about acknowledging Jesus publicly. Is the New Testament more correct than the Old?

Why is the Bible more correct than the Koran?

Which version of the Bible is accurate?

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#161996 Jul 22, 2013
Kentucky Liberal Liar wrote:
<quoted text>Read along clueless. No one was asking for it NTR was just spewing it again. Don't blame the people who simply saw what she posted.
You're delusional, ain't cha'? This is the same way in which you are delusional about our President and the Bush legacy of The Great Recession he inherited.

You're dismissive of the obstructionist Republicans in Congress, and you have no comprehension about how predator capitalists and corporatists are driving the bus while opportunity in America continues to fall to the lowest levels in history and to compare so poorly with other first world nations.

In spite of all of this, you still can't tell us what Republicans are going to do for America and how we'll all benefit from enacting their policies that enrich the rich while imposing penalties and additional taxes on the already stressed and falling middle class and further harming the already poor and struggling.

I don't know what the heck it is you are wanting to see unfold, but it isn't anything I want want to see happen in America..

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#162000 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>" I didn't have that information and neither did you until later."
Which is pretty much the story of your pathetic life. Zman is a hero weather you like it or not.
Zman is a freeman
Zman is a hero
The protesters were cancelled due to lack of interest.
Zucks to be you but I feel pretty good!:)
LMAO! Typical ignorance from the far-right loon.

The word is spelled "whether," and Zimmerman is no hero, and I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are.

I feel great, but you making this personal is just one more example of how childish you people can be.

Grow up.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#162002 Jul 22, 2013
What caused the collapse of Detroit?

Two reasons:

1. 90% population liberal/blacks.

2. Unions

There has only been 1 Republican since the 1970's.

The majority of the local government is black and several have been imprisoned for stealing tax payer's money for their life style, lying, income tax invasion and criminal actions while holding office, etc.

Population has decreased from 1.8 plus million in 1950 to less than 600,000 today. Cities are supposed to be growing in size not decreasing.

So what does one expect Detroit to be----their utopia of yesteryear?

Level 2

#162003 Jul 22, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Then-Sen. Obama co-sponsored ‘stand your ground’ law in 2004 in Illinois
Monday, July 22, 2013
The Illinois General Assembly website indicates then-Sen. Obama signed on as a co-sponsor on March 25, 2004.
Fast-forward to 2013, post-acquittal of Florida resident George Zimmerman, and Mr. Obama is now denouncing the very same laws he once supported.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/...
Flip flop ...
OR
tick tock ...
as someone has said ...
:)
Bwahahahahahaha!

It is always funny when stooges like you believe that a person must maintain a singular opinion throughout life.

I bet you didn't know that Ronald Reagan was a Democrat in his early political career.

Hilary Clinton was once a Republican.

Those who ignore reality are doomed to live as you - in fear and jealous. Our nations have enemies who were once allies. We also have allies who were once enemies. Change is acceptable unless you are shallow minded.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#162004 Jul 22, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>This is supposed to be harassment from your perspective? Posting something that's a lie as truth? LOL It's just classic troll BS, and we've all seen it time and again when you can't discredit a poster.
The other stuff about job experience is supposed to do what? Did you intend to report for all just how interesting my life has been when compared with your own lives? I'll take it. I've never been bored, and I've learned new things and had new experiences for most of my adult years. Lots of fun, lots of learning, lots of diverse experiences. I wouldn't change a thing.
Karma? Truth? You'll eventually understand. I think you're a failure as a human being. I hope you grow. I hope you stretch. I hope somehow something happens that expands your mind and your consciousness.
Hey dumchit!
Comprehension IS NOT your strong suit
NEVER has been
NEVER will be!
As can be SEEN on here....

`````````
Did you intend to report for all ...said the nutter,'dumchit'...
`````````

That's NOT me doing ANY of that!!!
Do not EVEN go there!

You brought ALL this on yourself ...
You have just gotten a GOOD dose of ya own ... FATE!

My mind and consciousness HAS BEEN EXPANDED for years!

ta ta 2 u ...
for now

BETTER things to DO ...

;~)

Level 2

#162005 Jul 22, 2013
Will Holder continue to persecute a hero or will the witch hunt finally be over?
Are you really calling Zimmerman a hero?

Shame on you. People far braver than you are protecting your right to be so wrong. Some of us have a much more astute definition of hero.
figures

Baltimore, MD

#162006 Jul 22, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are agreeing with the fact that more whites are on public aid than blacks. Thanks for seeing the light.
<quoted text>
Or...it could mean that men of other races don't apply for the handout.
Or...it could mean that Jamal or Jesus or Ahmed or Jun work hard enough that they aren't let go.
Or...it could mean that if Bush hadn't pissed away a financial surplus and started wars we didn't need, our nation would be far more stable.
or or or or it could mean exactly what i said. take your oars and your canoe to someone who cares what your limited brain posts.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#162007 Jul 22, 2013
Did you have a problem with what I said about Paula Deen? Let's go over this again. I don't live on a street named Plantation Drive, and I don't take anything you post seriously. I have no idea what you sound like, but I suspect you probably have a voice like fingernails on a chalk board if your posts are any indication of what could be expected.

BTW - isn't it time for you to change IDs again? Hurry it up.
Bocephus Jenkins wrote:
WOW!
This lecture coming from someone who lives on a street named Plantation Drive in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky!
OMG! LMFAO!
How can you be taken seriously NTR?
It's not awareness NTR.
It's political correctness.
There is a difference.
But a well seasoned race baiter such as yourself already knew that.
On Paula Deen:
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really that ignorant, that the Lame Stream Media dredge up something she said in private 30 yrs. ago, and crucify her with it?
NTR wrote:
IT's about her LACK OF AWARENESS today - not what she said and when. In fact, she's the woman who wanted to have a plantation themed event where all the "help" was black (as in slaves). Do you get that? Do you find that amusing and/or acceptable? IF you bothered to read the article, you would have at least had a basic understanding of why her apology is still all about Paula Deen and what's good for Paula Deen - nothing to do with any comprehension about prejudice and discrimination and how it affects and impacts minorities - particularly black Americans.
As long as you jokers are so ignorant, you just can't be taken seriously.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

Level 2

#162008 Jul 22, 2013
Bocephus Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever read either one?
Don't try to snare me unclever devil, you'll lose everytime.
Your poor grammar has already made you fall on your face.

I have read the Old and New Testaments. I have read the Quran in English and Standard Arabic, thanks to Uncle Sam's immersion program years ago.

What would you like to know?

Now, as I have answered your query, do tell -

Why is the Bible more correct than the Quran?

Why is the New Testament the key to salvation instead of the Old Testament?

Take your time after you pick yourself up from the ground.

“This is all a game”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#162009 Jul 22, 2013
Bocephus Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Mother of God!
That's all big truth right there in that tiny post sister!
Mine eyes' have seen the coming of the glory of the Lord,
The truth is marching on!
GREAT POST!
LOL!!! settle down BJ....easily excitable eh? HAHAHAHA!!!!

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#162010 Jul 22, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dumchit!
Comprehension IS NOT your strong suit
NEVER has been
NEVER will be!
As can be SEEN on here....
`````````
Did you intend to report for all ...said the nutter,'dumchit'...
`````````
That's NOT me doing ANY of that!!!
Do not EVEN go there!
You brought ALL this on yourself ...
You have just gotten a GOOD dose of ya own ... FATE!
My mind and consciousness HAS BEEN EXPANDED for years!
ta ta 2 u ...
for now
BETTER things to DO ...
;~)
Well, go do them. You aren't doing any good here, and I haven't swallowed a dose of anything, you moron. Yes, I'm sure I tell you what you don't want to know about yourselves. I don't mind at all if I do, airhead
American Lady

Danville, KY

#162011 Jul 22, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text> Because the tomb is EMPTY!
He's alive!- Dolly Parton

<3

Level 2

#162012 Jul 22, 2013
Reality wrote:
What caused the collapse of Detroit?
Two reasons:
1. 90% population liberal/blacks.
2. Unions
There has only been 1 Republican since the 1970's.
The majority of the local government is black and several have been imprisoned for stealing tax payer's money for their life style, lying, income tax invasion and criminal actions while holding office, etc.
Population has decreased from 1.8 plus million in 1950 to less than 600,000 today. Cities are supposed to be growing in size not decreasing.
So what does one expect Detroit to be----their utopia of yesteryear?
I'll give you that if you accept that elite white Republicans caused the economic collapse of Wall Street and the ensuing mortgage bubble burst.

What do you say?
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#162013 Jul 22, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
"He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride. He doesn't want to be black."
-- California State Senator Diane Watson's on Ward Connerly's interracial marriage
Blacks and Hispanics are "too busy eating watermelons and tacos" to learn how to read and write." -- Mike Wallace, CBS News. Source: Newsmax
"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent." -Senator Joe Biden
Mahatma Gandhi "ran a gas station down in Saint Louis."
-Senator Hillary Clinton
'Hymies.''Hymietown.'-- Jesse Jackson's description of New York City while on the 1984 presidential campaign trail.
"Jews — that's J-E-W-S." -- Democratic state representative Bill McKinney on why his daughter Cynthia lost in 2002
Harry Reid
Obama doesn't speak the negro dialect.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan...

Level 2

#162014 Jul 22, 2013
figures wrote:
<quoted text>
or or or or it could mean exactly what i said. take your oars and your canoe to someone who cares what your limited brain posts.
That response was expected. Your lack of education limits a logical response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Clinton says she'll pick 'very qual... 2 min Brian_G 251
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr Deport Trump 5,238
News Critics: Trump speech signals shift to coded ra... 4 hr Responsibility 15
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 7 hr D Valens 141,892
News Ana Navarro Slaps Trump For Bringing Joe Arpaio... 8 hr Wildchild 4
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 9 hr Brian_G 1,136
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 9 hr USA Number One 10,338
More from around the web