The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 387788 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#160654 Jul 19, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
OBAMA:'MARTIN COULD HAVE BEEN ME'
Speaks out on Zimmerman case, race relations
Obama says Americans are better at changing attitudes on race, but "we have to be vigilant and work on these issues." FULL STORY
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/19/politics/obama-...
I know this was buried and not wanted to he heard but its clear there will be no federal charges..

"At the same time, Obama responded to calls by civil rights groups for federal hate crimes charges to be filed against Zimmerman by saying the Florida legal process had reached a verdict.
"Once the jury's spoken, that's how our system works," the president said, later adding that while Attorney General Eric Holder was looking further at the case, those calling for federal charges must "have some clear expectations here."
In America, law enforcement and the criminal code are "traditionally done at the state and local levels, not at the federal level," he said."

Eagle
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#160655 Jul 19, 2013
Oakland police officers that had been near the corner retreated, leaving the helpless drivers without police protection. ItÂ’s unclear who gave that command.

http://www.infowars.com/oakland-police-stood-...

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Rest well Brother

#160657 Jul 19, 2013
bellowing niceties wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing that says "Obama!" like doubling down on stupid.
It was stupid for him to declare that Trayvon could have been his sone BEFORE he had the facts in the case.
Now that the facts are known, what does Obozo do? He makes things WORSE by saying that Trayvon could have been himself! So if you encounter Obama out walking in his hoodie, be careful. He might just punch you in the nose, jump on top of you MMA style and beat the crap out of you. But that's YOUR fault, because you profiled him.
We don't actually have a President anymore. Black America has one, but he's telling them crap that won't help them gain self-respect, climb out of poverty or gain anyone else's respect either.
The problem isn't that white people lock their car doors and clutch their purses when young black men are nearby. The problem is that even black people lock their car doors and clutch their purses when young black men are near. Everyone does it because it's prudent, not because they're racist. That's a truth the President ought to be addressing.
But he won't. He decided, yet again, to milk this situation for all the phony racism he can gin up. How disgraceful (how predictable!). How un-American to use this for political hay. We need leadership and someone who can unite us.
We had a wannabe cop who shot a stupid kid in a hoodie out playing "gangsta".
I think he was trying to let those calling for civil rights charges down easy.. LOL.. But here is something for ya..

Mark O'Mara talks Zimmerman's future, prosecutors' comments

TALLAHASSEE --
George Zimmerman's defense attorney is not happy that prosecutors have continued to label his client as a "murderer," even after Zimmerman was found not guilty late Saturday.
When asked to describe George Zimmerman in one word during an interview with HLN, State Attorney Angela Corey replied, "Murderer."
I asked Mark O'Mara on Thursday about Corey's comment. He wouldn't go as far as to say Zimmerman would sue the state, but he did say he's not happy with what prosecutors are saying.
"It's horrible to denigrate a jury's decision and the whole process, particularly when it comes from people who are sworn to uphold the standards of the system," O'Mara said. "I don't know why they can't just deal with it with a little bit of finesse, a little bit of pride in themselves, and realize they tried their best case and they lost, and move on."
I also asked O'Mara about a number of other things, including how Zimmerman is doing after his acquittal.
"He's relieved," he said, "and he wanted to tell the story himself, but he's glad it got out."
O'Mara added, "He's very worried about his future, because there's a lot of anger falling on top of him, and that's very concerning to him."
Zimmerman's lawyer said he and other members of the defense team have also received threats, but they are dealing with those. O'Mara did not seem too concerned about it as we talked outside of his Orlando law office.
O'Mara said the discussion about race this case has ignited across the country could be a good thing, but he added the anger is unjustified.
"He's been acquitted by the most fair system in the universe, but there's still people that refuse to accept it, because they refuse to accept the facts," O'Mara said.
As for possible legal action to come, O'Mara said he believes it's unlikely potential civil rights charges will stick.
When I asked him about a possible wrongful death suit from Trayvon Martin's family, O'Mara said Zimmerman "will argue that he's immune from civil liability because he acted appropriately in self-defense. That includes the award for attorneys' fees for that process, so we'll deal with it."
"It may just be a presentation they want to make, but that's a day yet to come," O'Mara added.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13...

Eagle
Just a Rumor

Saint Louis, MO

#160658 Jul 19, 2013
Tally wrote:
<quoted text>
Rumors are about as useful as NTR, basically worthless.
I see you're from Fla.
So there is nothing to that story?
It's just a rumor then?
If so, apologies for posting it.
Gaviscon B

Saint Louis, MO

#160662 Jul 19, 2013
Illegal alien encampments in the mountains cause this.

Large California fire is 'human-caused'

Los Angeles (CNN)-- It's already torched more than 35 square miles -- and the massive mountain fire in southern California is nowhere near under control.

The blaze, near Idyllwild and Fern Valley, prompted an evacuation order for about 6,000 residents, fire officials said. More than 4,000 homes south of Palm Springs are threatened by the fire.

Fewer than 5% of residents refused evacuation orders, officials said.

U.S. Forest Service spokeswoman Jeanne Pincha-Tulley said the blaze was "human-caused" and is under investigation.

As of Thursday evening, the inferno was about 15% contained. It has burned 22,800 acres -- up from the nearly 20,000 acres reported Wednesday night, officials said.

About 3,000 fire personnel were at the scene, U.S. Forest Service spokeswoman Melody Lardner said. Three firefighters suffered minor injuries Wednesday.

At least eight structures have been damaged or destroyed in the blaze.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/18/us/california-f...
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#160665 Jul 19, 2013
La Riots store owners protect store with guns

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#160667 Jul 19, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he was trying to let those calling for civil rights charges down easy.. LOL.. But here is something for ya..
Mark O'Mara talks Zimmerman's future, prosecutors' comments
TALLAHASSEE --
George Zimmerman's defense attorney is not happy that prosecutors have continued to label his client as a "murderer," even after Zimmerman was found not guilty late Saturday.
When asked to describe George Zimmerman in one word during an interview with HLN, State Attorney Angela Corey replied, "Murderer."
I asked Mark O'Mara on Thursday about Corey's comment. He wouldn't go as far as to say Zimmerman would sue the state, but he did say he's not happy with what prosecutors are saying.
"It's horrible to denigrate a jury's decision and the whole process, particularly when it comes from people who are sworn to uphold the standards of the system," O'Mara said. "I don't know why they can't just deal with it with a little bit of finesse, a little bit of pride in themselves, and realize they tried their best case and they lost, and move on."
I also asked O'Mara about a number of other things, including how Zimmerman is doing after his acquittal.
"He's relieved," he said, "and he wanted to tell the story himself, but he's glad it got out."
O'Mara added, "He's very worried about his future, because there's a lot of anger falling on top of him, and that's very concerning to him."
Zimmerman's lawyer said he and other members of the defense team have also received threats, but they are dealing with those. O'Mara did not seem too concerned about it as we talked outside of his Orlando law office.
O'Mara said the discussion about race this case has ignited across the country could be a good thing, but he added the anger is unjustified.
"He's been acquitted by the most fair system in the universe, but there's still people that refuse to accept it, because they refuse to accept the facts," O'Mara said.
As for possible legal action to come, O'Mara said he believes it's unlikely potential civil rights charges will stick.
When I asked him about a possible wrongful death suit from Trayvon Martin's family, O'Mara said Zimmerman "will argue that he's immune from civil liability because he acted appropriately in self-defense. That includes the award for attorneys' fees for that process, so we'll deal with it."
"It may just be a presentation they want to make, but that's a day yet to come," O'Mara added.
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13...
Eagle
NOT saying MUCH for her as state attorney WHO IS SUPPOSED to WORK FOR AND "believe IN" the Justice System!

IS IT?

SEE what I mean about "common denominator?

The woman in prison ...
Racial STRIFE!

Wonder WHO pays HER the BIG $$$...???

Corruption anyone?

She might work for the Correctional COMPLEX too!
The MORE sent there
MORE $$$...

For the "private owned" correction corp!

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Rest well Brother

#160668 Jul 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT saying MUCH for her as state attorney WHO IS SUPPOSED to WORK FOR AND "believe IN" the Justice System!
IS IT?
SEE what I mean about "common denominator?
The woman in prison ...
Racial STRIFE!
Wonder WHO pays HER the BIG $$$...???
Corruption anyone?
She might work for the Correctional COMPLEX too!
The MORE sent there
MORE $$$...
For the "private owned" correction corp!
I think in the end he will sue the state if it continues or might already be in progress.. They are ready for a wrongful death case as well and attorney fee's will be covered.. And he and his team ain't cheap.. LOL..

Eagle

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Level 9

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#160669 Jul 19, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Well Jack most times I would find what you just posted as being funny in a good way. But tonight I must be in a bit of a bad mood so I'm not laughing. Regardless it was a good one.
I'm out for now enjoy your evening.
The name Jack is abused quite a bit. I have learned ways of dealing with it.

Level 9

MY MONEY, come take it.

#160670 Jul 19, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
true dat'!
only thing more convoluting is if they were all sisters or mothers and daughters!LOL
thank the lorod for Jurors!!
NOT Guilty....
It's hard for me to believe the lawyers agreed on that for the same reason.

Level 9

MY MONEY, come take it.

#160671 Jul 19, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, but many will sit back in their cozy dwellings and let their freedoms be taken away in incremental fashion without even a whimper while they are being entertained by those whose agenda is to do so. until it's too late to ever regain it again.
History shows this countless times.
And that is exactly what is happening at present here.
One needs to get off the couch, open your eyes to reality, and be ready to fight them.
Wait till tax time next year. Those sitting on the couch will come unglued.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#160672 Jul 19, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>It's hard for me to believe the lawyers agreed on that for the same reason.
J~U~S~T~I~C~E
was the "cause" ...

IT *worked*...
:)

Mothers KNOW ...
by "instinct"

<3

Level 9

MY MONEY, come take it.

#160675 Jul 19, 2013
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
And, don't ignore Democrap Party controlled Flthydelphia, the 5th biggest city in the country.
"Philadelphia is bankrupt. Without even seeing the details, it is safe to assume untenable union wages and pension benefits are at the heart of it all. A 47.6% funded pension is rather telling in and of itself."
Read more at http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/20...
We're going to watch demobrat run cities go down one at a time from here on out. What does it take to wake these people up.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#160676 Jul 19, 2013
Trayvon Martin, Oscar Grant Through the Eyes of Oakland
Zimmerman verdict opens old wounds for many in the Bay Area

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Trayvon-...

DO they "honestly" THINK
they ARE the 'only ones'
WHO have OLD WOUNDS "opened" ...???

By CORRUPTION ...???

Of THIS *OUT of Control*
government ...
THAT

WE are 'living' UNDER!

TRY *existing*...
WOULD maybe, BE a BETTER word!

Instead of *living*...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#160677 Jul 19, 2013
ENUF Ignorance for awhile!

Ta ta ...

Refueling BREAK!

:)

Level 9

MY MONEY, come take it.

#160678 Jul 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Q!
WE *will* be "able to communicate"
To the ONES who *count*...
Just not by the www ...
Some things WORKED well before IT ... didn't it?
Smoke signals anyone :)
CB radios.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#160679 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
No, you didn't call the police. You called on the whole damn nation! Your lynch mob is very, very large. We all saw a very thorough and fair trial. I didn't like the fact that Zim couldn't get 1-2 years for being a wannabe cop. But there is apparently no law against that, so I accept it. The jury believe he thought his life was in danger which makes it self-defense, and I accept that too.
You libs, however, are out howling for Zim's blood. If it happens, it'll be on YOUR hands, not ours. I never called Martin "Traygone". But he's no saint and was as much at fault for what happened, if not more. He's not a martyr nor was he unfairly "profiled". Wearing a hoodie is not much different than a cracker in a straw hat chewing tobacco while whistling "Dixie". He wanted to look and behave "gangsta" and was apparently a bit too convincing. That was his own doing, or at least as much as any stupid 17-year old kid does that sort of thing cause they're young & stupid.
You libs are also partly responsible for black kids running around trying to look like thugs. Hollywood and rap music glorifies this crap (including the denigration of black women as "bitches" & "hos".) while you scumbags nod in approval, saying "it's just their culture". No it isn't. Show me one picture of a black person behaving that way prior to this latest cultural fad. It's insulting and racist to say that "gansta" and black culture are one and the same. They're not.
<quoted text>No, you didn't call the police. You called on the whole damn nation! Your lynch mob is very, very large. We all saw a very thorough and fair trial.
LOL

"my" Lynch mob? Don't you think you're exaggerating a bit? The man(Zman) shot a seventeen year old kid who was just walking home from the store. Even the lead investigator wanted to charge him with manslaughter yet nothing was done. Unfortunately in many cases, no doubt to your dismay, there is no justice for african americans unless they scream at the top of their lungs for it.
<quoted text>I didn't like the fact that Zim couldn't get 1-2 years for being a wannabe cop. But there is apparently no law against that, so I accept it. The jury believe he thought his life was in danger which makes it self-defense, and I accept that too.
You know, this isn't the stance you took under your other handle (leadville Lou). You've posted under several different names and it's appears, at least to me, that you are playing a game of devil's advocate for some reason odd reason.
<quoted text>You libs, however, are out howling for Zim's blood. If it happens, it'll be on YOUR hands, not ours.
I can't speak for all libs but the majority are howling for "justice" not his blood. He got a fair trial. There was reasonable doubt under the current law in Florida. It doesn't mean that justice was served. Two different things entirely.
<quoted text>I never called Martin "Traygone".
LOL

Are you sure about that?
<quoted text>But he's no saint and was as much at fault for what happened, if not more. He's not a martyr nor was he unfairly "profiled".
That depends on how you look at it. He doesn't have to be a "saint" and he WAS unfairly "profiled". Since when does dressing a certain way designate a person as a criminal? We will never know what really happened on that night but we do know that Martin was not doing anything criminal. It is just as reasonable to assume that Martin felt just as threatened and was within his rights to stand his ground when he realized Zman was following him for NO reason.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#160680 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>Wearing a hoodie is not much different than a cracker in a straw hat chewing tobacco while whistling "Dixie". He wanted to look and behave "gangsta" and was apparently a bit too convincing. That was his own doing, or at least as much as any stupid 17-year old kid does that sort of thing cause they're young & stupid.
Dude, it does not matter what someone wears. If you're trying to justify taking a person's life because YOU THINK they dress like a "gangsta", you are completely insane. Had Zman just called the police due to his suspicions, Martin would still be alive.
<quoted text>You libs are also partly responsible for black kids running around trying to look like thugs. Hollywood and rap music glorifies this crap (including the denigration of black women as "bitches" & "hos".) while you scumbags nod in approval, saying "it's just their culture".
Oh brother. A typical conservative rant. You are the one who relates certain clothing and music to criminality. There are many people that do not fall prey to that kind of stereotyping. That's a conservative thing. "Hip hop" is ((A)) culture, not "black" culture. Unfortunately individuals like you immediately relate it to criminality. Every person is an individual, regardless of how they dress, how they talk, what music they listen to, etc.
<quoted text> No it isn't. Show me one picture of a black person behaving that way prior to this latest cultural fad. It's insulting and racist to say that "gansta" and black culture are one and the same. They're not.
LOL

You are the one saying they are the same. You are the one trying to relate a hoodie to criminality.
<quoted text>You may not feel guilt, but you are guilty. At least I accept past racist behavior and decry it. You engage in it and point fingers every which way but at yourself. That's a shame. But libs are totally incapable of introspection. They have "Truth", so they have been absolved of all sin forever.

LOL

Guilty of what exactly? In what way have I been "racist"? I'm not sure why conservatives seem to think recognizing racism and confronting it makes a person racist. Again, Trayvon Martin was walking home, that's it. All of this happened because he fit a profile.

1. Young
2. Black
gerry custerr

New Port Richey, FL

#160681 Jul 19, 2013
Instead of tackling the most pressing problems in the country, jobs and the economy, Obama chose health care mainly for a legacy. I know he tried with the stimulus packages but caved into the Republicans and lost the House of Representatives in 2010. Call me disappointed.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#160682 Jul 19, 2013
ONE more:

COPIED from another forum:
swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text> great post, the radical rwingers are happy to see the death of a young adult, what a sad group of loosers..this family is grieving and the Prez is aknowledging their pain
Black people ARE NOT the ONLY people WHO LIVE in THIS Country, THAT he SHOULD represent!

NO one WAS 'happy" to SEE a young man
DEAD before he reached ADULT status!

He should have ACTED as a *child* and RAN home ...

Instead of STANDING UP ...
like an ADULT ...

In the WRONG ...
unlawfully!

I WILL ADD!

~-~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 min WasteWater 9,660
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 4 min Truth Teller 510
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 6 min Nopal 2,958
News Donald Trump accuses judge of having a conflict... 7 min The butler 282
News Latinas for Trump' is a - coming out' party 12 min Odele Pues 2
News Trump's 'unlimited' wealth may not be enough to... 23 min Laughable 31
News US Supreme Court split on Obama's immigration p... 24 min Nopal 20
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 55 min J ValJean 141,541
More from around the web