The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391107 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Carlsbad bound

Los Angeles, CA

#160427 Jul 18, 2013
Has anyone seen GR?
Is he under the weather today?
LOL!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#160428 Jul 18, 2013
Ole McDonald spelling cow ...

Says:
C~O~W
e-i-e-i-o

and they buzzed him 'wrong'...
[cute commercial BTW]

Doesn't anyone have ANY sense of humor ANYMORE?
NO!

0 has caused division, hatred ...
In return ...

BITTERNESS ... STRIFE!...
No "common" ground OR decency
Much less 'sense'

F~A~C~T ...

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Serving sarcasm since 2007

#160429 Jul 18, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
<quoted text>The suspect was a dark skinned male with a hoody on. Whoda thunked eh?
The issue is the disparity in the number of blacks profiled, convicted and imprisoned in the US. I'll bet you know the reasons why this is the case. Yet I think you are implying that it is no surprise that a black guy in a hoodie is the suspect. Is it the hoodie, or the skin color? I wear hoodies, but I'm fair-skinned.
Write that down, posi.
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#160431 Jul 18, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying IT makes "more sense" to be on the 'bandwagon' for THAT case ...
Than George Zimmerman's!
And some laws taken up AND looked into!
WHAT PART of THAT, do you NOT understand?
The judge should have had 'discretion' in that case!
And looked into it and the character of that woman ...
NOT ACROSS THE BOARD 'bullchit'...
Because someone HOLLERS
... "it ain't fair" ...
NO ONE WAS EVEN HURT!
Something *STINKS* in the STATE attorneys office in Florida!
Angela Corey - COMMON Denominator
I agree 20 years seem pretty harsh for a gun shot with no one hurt!
LOL

San Antonio, TX

#160432 Jul 18, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>True enough, Rose. I just stop by to laugh at them. They're miserable in America, and things are only going to get worse for them. I can guarantee you that nothing will ever get better from their perspective. They are to be pitied.
have you acquired another cable provider yet, Gidget?

LOL
American Lady

Danville, KY

#160434 Jul 18, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 20 years seem pretty harsh for a gun shot with no one hurt!
Thanks Q :)

Good Night ...

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#160435 Jul 18, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is the disparity in the number of blacks profiled, convicted and imprisoned in the US. I'll bet you know the reasons why this is the case. Yet I think you are implying that it is no surprise that a black guy in a hoodie is the suspect. Is it the hoodie, or the skin color? I wear hoodies, but I'm fair-skinned.
Write that down, posi.
The answer stares you in the face every day, you just won't see it. There are more black a**holes walking the streets of crime riddled cities than whites. Hence the disparity. Another shocker, they all wear hoodies. To a liberal, obsessed with encouraging racial tension, the propitious explanation will be profiling. To law enforcement, it's merely using the description most often given by their victims - if they're lucky enough to have survived.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#160436 Jul 18, 2013
“Why did you shoot me? I was reading a book”: The new warrior cop is out of control
http://www.salon.com/2013/07/07/%E2%80%9Cwhy_...
After overhearing the men wagering, Baucum befriended Culosi as a cover to begin investigating him. During the next several months, he talked Culosi into raising the stakes of what Culosi thought were just more fun wagers between friends to make watching sports more interesting. Eventually Culosi and Baucum bet more than $2,000 in a single day. Under Virginia law, that was enough for police to charge Culosi with running a gambling operation. And that’s when they brought in the SWAT team.

On the night of January 24, 2006, Baucum called Culosi and arranged a time to drop by to collect his winnings. When Culosi, barefoot and clad in a T-shirt and jeans, stepped out of his house to meet the man he thought was a friend, the SWAT team began to move in. Seconds later, Det. Deval Bullock, who had been on duty since 4:00 AM and hadn’t slept in seventeen hours, fired a bullet that pierced Culosi’s heart.

“"One for the claws"”

Level 6

Since: Jul 10

Sin City,U.S.A.

#160437 Jul 18, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit has a secret weapon
http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/2013-07/16/conte...
In recent years, the typical investor has been a player from China's automotive industry, aiming to make a name in the global marketplace via Detroit, which has a mythic reputation in the eyes of the Chinese. Understanding that the path to success is through Motor City, "they have to find a way to push through and come to the US, to the Michigan area, to realize that aspiration," Xu said. The DCBA counts about 100 Chinese-owned businesses, mostly auto-related, in the region.
But Chinese from other fields also are coming to the area, lured by its wealth of engineering expertise. Driven by the Twelfth Five Year Plan's mandate, "the Chinese are coming in looking for clean technologies, looking for environmental and water solutions, looking for medical healthcare", Stevanovich said.
The Chinese may want the current inhabitants removed from the city before they "invest". Where will they relocate them?

#160438 Jul 18, 2013
Economic woes follow Michigan workers out of state
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20090402/M...
The five states that have recently welcomed the greatest number of Michiganians -- Florida, Texas, California, Arizona and Illinois -- have shed more than 1.4 million jobs in the past year alone.
Pollyanna

Saint Louis, MO

#160439 Jul 18, 2013
Zimmerman's Dad: Blacks Are the Racists

In his new e-book, Robert Zimmerman Sr. blames black leaders for fanning racial flames.

With his son on trial for murder in the death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin, the father of George Zimmerman has published an e-book criticizing the case and calling some African-American leaders who called for his son's arrest racists. Robert Zimmerman Sr.'s book, Florida v. Zimmerman: Uncovering the Malicious Prosecution of My Son, George, was released on Friday at Amazon.com for $3.99.

Zimmerman writes at length about his background and his family's multiracial identity, seemingly to counter accusations that his son, a 29-year-old neighborhood-watch volunteer, was racially motivated to shoot the unarmed black 17-year-old last year. Zimmerman is white, and his wife is Hispanic.

"In the Zimmerman household, relatives, friends, neighbors and classmates were certainly a diverse, wholly accepted mix." He describes his son's prom date as "a lovely young lady ... They were an attractive couple. No one ever even considered the fact that George was Hispanic and the young lady happened to be black."

Zimmerman devotes a chapter to the racial overtones of the case that promise to further inflame the issue. In the chapter "Who Are the True Racists?" he accuses a number of black leaders and organizations of being racist. He also criticizes the attorneys representing the Martin family as being race-baiting schemers.

He writes that before the shooting, he believed that "generally racism was a thing of the past." But after the national outcry against his son, he says he realized that racism is "flourishing at the insistence of some in the African American Community."

As first reported in Think Progress, Zimmerman identifies several organizations and leaders that he believes are racist. He also implicates President Obama: "While stopping short of explicitly calling President Obama a racist, Zimmerman Sr. does say that Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder have 'shamelessly' sought to exploit his son's case 'to obtain great advantage in the African-American community.' "

Zimmerman says that because of Holder's decision to investigate whether Trayvon Martin's death violated federal civil rights laws, the FBI did not have "adequate resources to investigate clearly identified potential terrorist [sic] in the Boston area." Now, "tragically, we have suffered the consequences of Mr. Holder's politically motivated decisions."

Here is Zimmerman's list of racism culprits:

Zimmerman on the Congressional Black Caucus:

"[A] pathetic, self-serving group of racists… advancing their purely racist agenda." He later adds that "all members of Congress should be ashamed of the Congressional Black Caucus, as should be their constituents." And finally: "They are truly a disgrace to all Americans."

Zimmerman on the NAACP:

"[S]imply promotes racism and hatred for their own, primarily finical, interests" and "without prejudice and racial divide, the NAACP would simply cease to exist."

Zimmerman on NAACP President Benjamin Jealous:

"[W]hat I would expect of a racist."

Zimmerman on Trayvon Martin's funeral director:

A "racial activist and former head of the local NAACP."

Zimmerman on Benjamin Crump, Natalie Jackson and Darly Parks, attorneys for Travyon Martin's family:

"The scheme team."

http://www.theroot.com/views/zimmermans-dad-b...
Pollyanna

Saint Louis, MO

#160440 Jul 18, 2013
The Sin City Cat wrote:
<quoted text>The Chinese may want the current inhabitants removed from the city before they "invest". Where will they relocate them?
On Obama's front lawn?

#160442 Jul 18, 2013
Dubai imprisons Norwegian woman who reported rape
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...
The Norwegian Department of Foreign Affairs said Thursday that the verdict "flies in the face of our notion of justice" and was "highly problematic" in terms of Western human rights.

In 2008, an Australian woman managing a United Arab Emirates resort reported being brutally gang-raped while unconscious because she had been drugged. She was convicted of illegal sex outside marriage and sentenced to 11 months in prison, in addition to one month for drinking alcohol.
Frosty Mug

Chicago, IL

#160443 Jul 18, 2013
Rev. Jackson: Obama should 'step in' on Trayvon...

Frosty Mug

Chicago, IL

#160444 Jul 18, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
Dubai imprisons Norwegian woman who reported rape
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...
The Norwegian Department of Foreign Affairs said Thursday that the verdict "flies in the face of our notion of justice" and was "highly problematic" in terms of Western human rights.
In 2008, an Australian woman managing a United Arab Emirates resort reported being brutally gang-raped while unconscious because she had been drugged. She was convicted of illegal sex outside marriage and sentenced to 11 months in prison, in addition to one month for drinking alcohol.
That's what's coming next to America with all this PC stupidity coming from the liberals.
Thanx for Nothing Obama

New York, NY

#160445 Jul 18, 2013
Another Continuing Obama Failure

Half a million are jobless: unemployment numbers hit 9-month high

New York Daily News - &#8206;1 hour ago&#8206;

Employers appear to be laying off workers again as applications for unemployment insurance reached the half-million mark last week for the first time since November.

http://www.nydailynews.com/2.1353/million-job...
Govt Cheese

Anonymous Proxy

#160446 Jul 18, 2013
Food stamp president: Enrollment up 70 percent under Obama ...

www.washingtontimes.com/.../food-stamp-presid... ;

Enrollment in the food stamp program — officially the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — has soared by 70 percent in the years ...

#160447 Jul 18, 2013
State closes high EBT balances, GOP says not enough
http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/politics/state_p...
The announcement comes after state Representative Shaunna O’Connell (R-Taunton) paid the state $800 for a 7-month list of welfare data. Out of 550,000 SNAP, or food stamp recipients, nearly 1,800 had unused balances of more than $1,500. Another 45 recipients had balances of more than $5,000. The highest unused balance was more than $12,000. O’Connell says the rules announced by the DTA aren't tough enough.
Glen Phillips

New York, NY

#160448 Jul 18, 2013
MICHIGAN: On its way to becoming the first Islamic sharia-compliant ...

iranaware.com/.../michigan-on-its-way-to-beco... ;

May 23, 2013 - MICHIGAN: On its way to becoming the first Islamic sharia-compliant state ... the Novi Police Department has agreed to allow Muslim women to ...

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#160450 Jul 19, 2013
Boshma wrote:
<quoted text>The bitter jealous Kuwait speaks. You set the tone of immorality (yours). You the con artist, fast talker, fallen woman, courtesan, the floozy. Strumpet slutte, you are the trafficker of all the above being you. Your own psychology " put out" for all on to pix. You being the conclusive writer of your high life and yet not having the good sense God gave a goose in giving personal information to strangers. You know you have lied. An executive secretary would know not to do what you did.....ethical standards apply and are in force. You are correct, no real man would marry a who re. Your own words.Oh you tried. Anyone who reads on here could figure you out as the member rider to where you want in life. This is what we know from your speak.
Idiot. My name is on all Press Releases issued from my former company as the contact. You're one dumb sob. Executive Secretaries don't serve as spokespersons, fool. Ask Mary Matlin. You're a misogynist and extraordinarily jealous. Get over it.

I am not the one who got her GED and stopped there. Either that is YOU, yourself, or you are trying futilely to defend the gal who stopped there and is caught up in the superficiality of the material. I prefer to focus on other aspects of human beings. I'm not impressed with what somebody has (including degrees). I'm impressed with the level of compassion, kindness and goodwill that people have for those less fortunate in whatever way others are less fortunate. I prefer to know people who need people and who wish nobody ill. I admit I haven't treated you or your kind well. You disturb me greatly - almost as much as predator capitalists disturb me - mostly because you seem to endorse their program of self-centered indifference to suffering and despair.

I hope you have a day of enlightenment and feeling. I hope you encounter a child who has been subjected to some uncalled for insult based on the superficiality of the human condition and see the look in that child's eyes. I hope it inspires you to want to change and to console. I hope you see an elderly person and recognize how he or she struggles to maintain dignity rather than simply looking at the lines on their faces, the stooped appearance of failing body and instead see the hopeful heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 min Dee Dee Dee 5,334
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 1 hr Mikey 7,027
When Does Anti-Immigration Go Too Far? (Sep '15) 2 hr Brian_G 487
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr Just Slim 141,907
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 4 hr coco 10,362
News Illegal Immigration Figures in Montana (Sep '15) 6 hr Montucky Bangers 17
News George W. Bush: The President Who Must Not Be N... (Aug '12) 9 hr Heath Ledger Suic... 18
More from around the web