The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 333275 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#158794 Jul 16, 2013
U.S. Looks to Blunt Corporate Espionage by Chinese Firms
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
In December U.S. President Barack Obama signed into law an amendment that allows prosecutors to seek charges against those who steal the trade secrets of not only products but also of services. The amendment was passed after a former Goldman Sachs Group Inc. computer programmer had his conviction overturned when a U.S. court ruled that the software he stole was used only internally.
The Weather Man

Temecula, CA

#158795 Jul 16, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, the goober-goblers, misfits, and miscontents can wear anything they want, the minute I do it, there's something wrong with me.... No there isn't anything wrong with me, I'm tired of all the racist against white men. So those mentioned above will never get anything from me again.
I'm with ya. I am tired of this "white guilt" shyt. It is time the real racists start getting their own racism served back up to them.

Color does not make or break a person. Its the way of thinking and what we all choose to do or not that makes us reputable or not regardless of color.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

#158797 Jul 16, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose is sick in the head IMO!
You're the vicious, cowardly little punk lying, gossiping and spreading hatred, you vile little pr*ck.

#158798 Jul 16, 2013
Texas executes first woman in U.S. in nearly three years
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/27/us-...
Since January, a county judge postponed McCarthy's execution twice to address appeals by lawyer Maurie Levin, who raised questions about possible racial discrimination in the selection of the jury that convicted her. McCarthy is African-American.

The issues in McCarthy's case "reflect problems that are central to the administration of the death penalty as a whole," Levin said before McCarthy's execution. "For this to be the emblem of Texas' 500th execution is something all Texans should be ashamed of."

Eleven of the 12 Dallas County jurors who convicted McCarthy were white and eligible non-white jurors were excluded from serving, Levin's appeal said. Dallas County has previously been accused of racial discrimination in jury selection.

In 2005, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that a black death-row inmate convicted in the county was entitled to a new trial because of strong evidence of racial bias in jury selection during his 1986 trial.

McCarthy was first convicted in 1998 for Booth's murder, according to a case summary from the Texas attorney general.

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals overturned that conviction in 2001 because no lawyer was present when she was questioned, even though she had asked for one, according to court documents. She was convicted and again sentenced to death after a second jury trial in 2002

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#158799 Jul 16, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you lie about people because your daughter won't have anything to do with you?
You've been projecting your anger on others for a long time.
No kidding. He's a hateful, disgusting little pervert who can't get attention any other way. So he posts lies, gossip and insults to anyone who will use him like the tool he is.

He's the biggest liar and yellow-bellied punk here, and he always has been. Just one of GR's ass-kissing flunkies.

These people are ill in the worst possible ways.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#158800 Jul 16, 2013
The Weather Man wrote:
<quoted text>
" he was just another "n***r" thug dead"."
Pretty much. But what's your point? Look at you vultures wanting revenge on Zman because you only see the "whitey" in him and ignore his hispanic ethnicity.
"He was not perfect, no, but he did have dreams and plans for his future."
By all means do share what his dreams and plans for the future were?
Staying alive? Maybe he should had thought twice about being a bullying thug.
Besides, not all dreams come true. Maybe Trayvon should had thought in realistic ways than in "dreams". Maybe his dreams and plans was to be top thug. Didn't get very far did he?
The Weather Man wrote:
<quoted text>" he was just another "n***r" thug dead"."
Pretty much. But what's your point?
That you're a racist.
The Weather Man wrote:
<quoted text>Look at you vultures wanting revenge on Zman because you only see the "whitey" in him and ignore his hispanic ethnicity.
I could care less what Zimmerman's race or ethnicity is.
The Weather Man wrote:
<quoted text>"He was not perfect, no, but he did have dreams and plans for his future."
By all means do share what his dreams and plans for the future were?
As posted in a previous post, Martin planned on attending college and studying Avionics.
The Weather Man wrote:
<quoted text>Staying alive? Maybe he should had thought twice about being a bullying thug.
It's only your opinion that he was a "bullying thug". To most, he was just another teenager who found himself in a position he should have not been put in.
The Weather Man wrote:
<quoted text>Besides, not all dreams come true. Maybe Trayvon should had thought in realistic ways than in "dreams". Maybe his dreams and plans was to be top thug. Didn't get very far did he?
Maybe you're just too racist to post anything productive on the issue? He lost his life, but to many that now see him as a martyr, he has earned a legacy that will be used to further expose racism in this country.

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#158801 Jul 16, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. That is something rose is very good at. I hope she is proud of herself for it.
If anyone "incites hate" here, it's YOU, POS, Quirky, Reality, all your friends using anonymous proxies and sign-in names like "Roses Used Tampons" and worse.

It's YOU people who spread the hate on these threads, and you always have. Look around, hypocrite. Who are the people posting all the hate, the gossip, the lies about me, and then you nasty little b*tches all pile on like the mindless idiots you are.

And you dare accuse ME of "inciting hate," you pitiful excuse for a man? Grow a pair, you mealy-mouthed weasel.

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#158802 Jul 16, 2013
<quoted text>Because you are honoring a criminal thug that while in the act of committing great bodily harm or murder forced a man to kill him in self-defense.
Comprehendo now stupid?
FU, you lying, disgusting little punk.

You make me sick to my stomach. I have a cat who has more balls than you!

I'm showing respect and my support for a teenage boy who was shot and MURDERED by a cowardly punk just like YOU. He didn't commit "great bodily harm," and he did not force Zimmerman to kill him in "self-defense."

You believe Zimmerman's lies because you WANTED to, and he killed Martin because he WANTED to, not because he had to.

GFY, you miserable, ignorant fool.

#158803 Jul 16, 2013
Testimony: Town manager suspected Maine politician was corrupt
http://www.pressherald.com/news/swan-trial-co...
'You're not fooling anybody,' the ex-Chelsea town manager allegedly told Carole Swan.

Former Chelsea Selectwoman Carole Swan, who is on trial facing multiple charges of fraud, took a particular interest in a Windsor Road culvert replacement project in 2007, climbing down into a deep crater to the stream bed below.

That was the testimony Monday in U.S. District Court of Peter Hanson, who attended a pre-bid meeting at the washed-out road site with three contractors that included Swan's husband, Marshall Swan.

However, even as the town sought grants to do a permanent fix, the makeshift repair failed in the heavy storm in April 2007, and the culvert pipe itself washed down Togus Stream, collapsing the roadbed. Because of the heavy storm damage, the Windsor Road culvert repair qualified for funding from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Marshall Swan Construction submitted the low bid and won the contract. Swan abstained from the vote.

Marshall Swan Construction billed the town $130,000 for the culvert, which the prosecutor maintains is more than twice the cost of the pipe itself. In all, the project cost $396,980 and was completed in September 2007.

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#158805 Jul 16, 2013
<quoted text>Because you are honoring a criminal thug that while in the act of committing great bodily harm or murder forced a man to kill him in self-defense.
Comprehendo now stupid?
Furthermore, azzhole I'll put anything in my avatar I choose, whether the rest of you hateful, stupid fascists like it or not.

Now have a field day replying like you reply to my EVERY post, even when they're not addressed to you, wimp. You're a coward, Ralff, you support cowards like Zimmerman and every weak little out there who thinks a gun makes him a real man. You got beat up a lot in grade school I'm sure, and I bet anything Zimmerman did too, and he lied his way out of every jam he's ever been in, someone always came to his rescue. He looked like a little boy in that courtroom who'd just wet his diaper.

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#158806 Jul 16, 2013
Enjoy the show, morons. I gave you a few things to choke on.

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#158807 Jul 16, 2013
At least I don't use people's children to try and hurt them like you cowards do.

GFY en masse.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#158808 Jul 16, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Bonnie.
F' you.

#158809 Jul 16, 2013
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell Scandal Spills Over to Ken Cuccinelli
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07...
With a spiraling ethics scandal, Gov. Bob McDonnell has gone from political role model to cautionary taleóand he may take his would-be successor down with him. Michelle Cottle reports.

Yep. Turns out Virginiaís AG has enjoyed Williamsís largesse as well. Admittedly, his gifts were nowhere near as nice as McDonnellís. The monetary value of Williamsís gifts to Cucinelli has been estimated at a comparatively measly $18,000, some $5,000 of which the AG initially failed to disclose. Still, itís the thought that counts, right? And one can only presume that Cuccinelli and Williamsís friendship will become that much closer if the AG gets promoted to governor. Further cementing the friendship, Cuccinelli has bought several thousand shares of Star Scientific since 2010, the reporting of which he has, at times, been a bit lax about. But, hey, heís a busy guy. Who has time to worry about complying with all those legal niceties?
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#158810 Jul 16, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think researching a fellow poster's son is what's sick.
Go call your daughter, deadbeat dad.
You du mb lil' Biatch. Your middle name is research.

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#158811 Jul 16, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You are truly confused. Trayvon Martin was convicted of NOTHING, and I do mean NOTHING criminal. Trayvon Martin was murdered, and I will always believe it was in cold blood. You can believe anything you like. The jury apparently couldn't overcome "reasonable doubt". It's really a pity for all of us in America and a tragic conclusion for Trayvon's parents who were seeking justice for their son.
Hi NTR,

Did you see Anderson's Cooper interview of one juror?

Very revealing about what went on during deliberations. They were confused by the laws and they were not all in agreement with the verdict until the very end. One wanted second degree, a few manslaughter and the rest acquittal. You can imagine that the most dominant personality convinced the others how to vote.

They didn't know what they were doing or what it meant.

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#158812 Jul 16, 2013
Anderson's Cooper? LOL!

It was a typo--enjoy it.

#158814 Jul 16, 2013
Letters: Government corruption: Country going downhill
http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/i...
To the editor:

It seems every time a new politician comes onto the scene in Congress and people start to feel a little better about having an honest straightforward person in an otherwise inept and corrupt legislative body, one of two things happens. After one term in the Senate or a maximum of two terms in the House of Representatives, they either give into the corrupt powers that control Congress or they quit politics.

I may be wrong, but consider these recent examples. There are two up and coming contenders in the Republican Party that a few years ago seemed to be a breath of fresh air in the world of Washington politics, but within the past several weeks they seem to have gone from fresh air to fog and smog.

Fog: In the past when asked questions they seemed to give straight forward answers. Now when asked something they do not want to answer, the question gets lost in the fog and is ignored. They do answer with something, but it has nothing to do with the question. The Washington same old, same old.

Smog: Telling one group of people how they feel about a topic, then telling a different group a totally different story, and then try to reconcile the two. Itís just more pollution coming out of Congress.

Who is to blame? Our country seems to be in a death spiral, the only recourse we the people still have is the vote, but 50% of Americans still do not vote.

Happy 4th of July and Happy Birthday America and many more to come, or should it be ďAnd how many more to come?Ē
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#158815 Jul 16, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Your one tough girl Freebie and I have my damn big gun strapped on right now it be a RUGER BLACKHAWK .359 MAGNUM.Take it to bed with me an don't lose any sleep.
Sugardaddy is that like a hood slaggy word?
She's a ignorant POS. She'd run like hell at the first hint of danger. Thank God she is not part of this counties first line of defense. If we even have one now.
racer42

Oakland, CA

#158817 Jul 16, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the vicious, cowardly little punk lying, gossiping and spreading hatred, you vile little pr*ck.
What an adult, mature, reasonable response. What command of the English language.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump surges, and Democrats cheer 11 min xxxrayted 127
News Hispanic leaders want GOP field to condemn Trum... 25 min common sense 132
Why Americans are starting to really hate mexic... (Oct '07) 43 min fedup 1,572
News Haley's Charleston response, Confederate flag s... 49 min King John Roberts 20
News Bachmann says she may make another presidential... (Jul '14) 1 hr Bachmann 2016 335
News Donald Trump's comments on immigration complica... 1 hr Compadre_ Prolet... 41
News George Pataki calls on Trump to stop 'divisive ... 1 hr Bob 2
More from around the web