The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393236 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Reality

United States

#157584 Jul 12, 2013
If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more "safe" according to the government...You might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If you are offended by this article, I'll bet you voted for the idiots who are running, and ruining our great country.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#157586 Jul 12, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD said, turn the other cheek. He didn't say lie down and be a doormat for others.
Your litmus test for attacking Christians fail.
GOD wants Christians to stand up for the truth.
He thinks we are here to be pushed around. Pretty funny.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#157587 Jul 12, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Seek help Lady! ASAP
She's in a freakin' lock-down ward, what do you want?
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#157588 Jul 12, 2013
Charges Dropped Against Franklin Sain

A man accused of threatening a state lawmaker because of her stance on gun control no longer faces charges.

Prosecutors charged Franklin Sain in February with harassment and attempting to influence a public servant. He told Denver police he sent emails that contained profanity and racial slurs, and left similar voicemails, to state Rep. Rhonda Fields. Fields spearheaded new laws on gun control.

The case was dropped after prosecutors said Fields herself requested that the case be dismissed after Sain agreed to a permanent restraining order. It says Sain must stay at least 100 yards away from Fields.

That means he can still come to the capitol and testify on issues as long as she is not in the room.

The order also does not prevent him from having guns.

Fields’ attorney had demanded that stipulation in earlier court proceedings and Fields had testified she feared for her life.

The protection order was not court ordered, rather a deal voluntarily worked out between attorneys.

“The results speak for themselves, and we’re satisfied with those results,” said Siddhartha Rathod, Sain’s Attorney.

Prosecutors insisted Friday they had solid case.

“This dismisal has absolutely nothing to do with the provability of the case or the decision to file charges and has everything to do with Fields’ wishes,” said Chief Deputy District Attorney Henry Cooper.

Sain’s attorney has said the key evidence — a threatening letter — could not be linked to his client, and he says the vulgar emails are protected speech.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/07/12/judge-d...

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Vallejo, CA

#157589 Jul 12, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
She's in a freakin' lock-down ward, what do you want?
LOL! How childish of you. I swear some of you people sound as if you're still in kindergarten.

Level 9

Vallejo, CA

#157590 Jul 12, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexico Rose
I want be the one doing the killing.
They will go after Zimmerman if he is found not guilty. If he is found guilty, they will get him in prison. Why, you say?
This is what they do and have for decades.
This is what happen when you have a corrupted government who has allowed the society to be dictated by Affirmative Action.
You just want to blame me because of the truth of the matter, how about putting the blame where it should be----our lawmakers and the bias media.
Sorry, don't buy your nonsense.
You have it all figured out don't you?

Blame you? LOL!

You don't know the "truth of the matter." You simply enjoy posting these melodramatic, outrageous comments to predict the worst possible outcomes about everything. Must not have much drama in your little life. Now you're bringing the government, Affirmative Action, and the entire society into the Zimmerman trial?

Excuse me while I laugh at you.

Sorry, I don't buy YOUR nonsense.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Eastern Oregon

#157591 Jul 12, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! How childish of you. I swear some of you people sound as if you're still in kindergarten.
Calm down, ya big tited galute. You don't want another Thorazine enema, do you?

“"One for the claws"”

Level 6

Since: Jul 10

Sin City,U.S.A.

#157592 Jul 12, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Ok, although I thought you said they thought it was during the day.
You do know there are 3 sentences in my posting? A period denotes the ending of 2 sentences. The 3rd sentence was a question,asking how was Zimmerman able to do that in the dark. There is very little light on the path towards Brandy Green's home. Trayvon could not have been found by Zimmerman unless Trayvon went back to Zimmerman. He had more than enough time to get there. Plus the cover of darkness.
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#157593 Jul 12, 2013
STFU Sharp Soaker!

Level 9

Vallejo, CA

#157594 Jul 12, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Grow up.

Thanks for proving my point about how childish you are, and did I mention rude?

Now, say you're sorry and I'll consider forgiving your uncouth, vulgar and trashy self.

Vorenus

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#157595 Jul 12, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid!
pretty bored aren't you?

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Serving sarcasm since 2007

#157596 Jul 12, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would the cops have got there any sooner?? Regardless Z had all rights to walk through the neighborhood without being attacked.. And you know he was attacked..
Eagle
I don't know he was attacked and neither do you. If I had to guess, based on what we DO know, I'd say Zimmerman started the altercation, since we know he was the one doing the following, and Martin was doing the eluding.

And keep in mind, Martin had the same rights to walk through the neighborhood...without getting murdered. You know [email protected] well if this was your kid or grandkid who got murdered you'd be singing a different tune, no matter how well they did in school or what they smoked.

Level 9

Vallejo, CA

#157597 Jul 12, 2013
Goodnight V, and all decent people.

Vorenus

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#157598 Jul 12, 2013
Goodnight V, and all decent people.
Good night Rose.

Level 8

#157599 Jul 12, 2013
Non Jurist Like You wrote:
<quoted text>
Nancy Grace all nighter and caffeine?....<or worse>?
What if what if what if.....you're excused from the jury pool.
I never asked what if, did I? I did ask questions that are valid and are universally ignored by those who are cheering for the guy who shot the thug to get off.
Can't comment without insult, can you?

Level 8

#157600 Jul 12, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
<quoted text>You called him a"young black man". That statement after the prosecutor called him a "child". Just goes to show the B.S. from this trial. Martin was twice the size of Z, and got him with a sucker punch. What a F-ing coward that was and to sit on Z and slam his head into the sidewalk. I'd have killed the MFer too. We had men in Nam die at age 17, so don't call him a child. Plus ,you commented they don't call 911. That could be because they are either too stupid, or committing a crime.
You don't know if any of that happened. Two people know; Martin is dead, and Zimmerman has been proven (recorded and by witness testimony) a liar.
I didn't call him a child, I called him a young man. Seventeen year olds do not belong in combat, they ARE children.

Or maybe some don't call 811 because they are profiled by police and the public.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Eastern Oregon

#157601 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! Grow up.
Thanks for proving my point about how childish you are, and did I mention rude?
Now, say you're sorry and I'll consider forgiving your uncouth, vulgar and trashy self.
Spare me the sanctimony, you know as well as I, to a liberal, forgiveness is an overrated concept that serves no useful purpose.
Water for ducks

United States

#157602 Jul 12, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> You must be hearing voices again. I can't take your suggestions seriously either. In neither case do I much feel like laughing when I have to consider how out of touch you are.
That concludes our exchange for the day;-)
Why are you so mean & nasty? If you can't think of an intelligent reply just move on. Insults are cheap, but they tell us more about you than your victims.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Eastern Oregon

#157603 Jul 12, 2013
Vorenus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid!
pretty bored aren't you?
You have that effect on people, a**hole.

Level 8

#157604 Jul 12, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know if any of that happened. Two people know; Martin is dead, and Zimmerman has been proven (recorded and by witness testimony) a liar.
I didn't call him a child, I called him a young man. Seventeen year olds do not belong in combat, they ARE children.
Or maybe some don't call 811 because they are profiled by police and the public.
"911", typing in the dark

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 min abc 7,502
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 1 min Dee Dee Dee 7,120
News The Latest: Trump gets support from leader of '... 1 hr spud 2
News Donald Trump's immigration policy: Then and now 1 hr spud 82
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 1 hr Jeff Brightone 13
News George Soros: Dark Lord Sowing Chaos Around the... 6 hr spud 2
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 6 hr Just Slim 142,205
More from around the web