The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Comments (Page 6,530)

Showing posts 130,581 - 130,600 of218,654
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Hola wrote:
<quoted text>
I finally figured it out. Thanks to your opinion article I finally figured out the difference between the blacks and the whites:
Blacks as a whole are stupid and racists. Thank you for that.
Why you can't be racist toward White People
http://acleaneducation.blogspot.com/2012/12/w...

Whenever this topic comes up, white people and people of color alike get all up in arms about equality and being respectful, but racism is exactly as the infographic above states. Most people see racism as someone simply calling someone names but racism lies within the power structure that backs up those words.

For example, if I call a white guy a "cracker". Other than maybe getting his feelings hurt, there's nothing else that harms him. I called him a name but what other effects does it have? None.

But, if someone calls an undocumented immigrant an "illegal", there is a lot of power behind that word. It upholds a system where this person is a criminal, doesn't belong and is all around a bad person. And the use of this word can and has influenced people to hate them, discriminating against undocumented immigrants and creating laws and legislation to get rid of them and doing anything they can to prevent these people from succeeding.

The word holds so much power and influence, there is no way one can compare it to cracker. I have no power to take away from this white person, but this white person has all the power in the world to make my life as difficult as it can be. This is what racism is. It's power combined with prejudice.

This is why reverse racism is a myth. My words and actions cannot touch the power system that you have in place. This is why affirmative action is so frowned upon. It disrupts the system that allows whites to succeed over groups of color, threatening the power structure that they hold.
Mark Aldfrith

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

What black people are experiencing right now is a kind of privilege previously withheld—seeing our most sacred cultural practices and tropes validated in the world’s highest office. Throughout the whole

of American history, this kind of cultural power was wielded solely by whites, and with such ubiquity that it was not even commented upon. The expansion of this cultural power beyond the private province of whites has been a tremendous advance for black America. Conversely, for those who’ve long treasured white exclusivity, the existence of a President Barack Obama is discombobulating, even terrifying. For as surely as the iconic picture of the young black boy reaching out to touch the president’s curly hair sends one message to black America, it sends another to those who have enjoyed the power of whiteness.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/whitehouse/fea...
JBH

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF PEOPLE AROUND HE WORLD SCOLDING US:

Holg
Zerbst, Germany
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#5412 hrs ago

it was well known for everybody at least for me that criminals from usa spy globally and everybody and spend fat billions from cash of tax payers for this purpose. Such spying networks like facebook is easy leader in this crime.
One thing is not to understand, why you as nation don´t protest. Your pseudodemocratical, criminal governments destroy countries by all these global wars by using your taxes, destroy your lives, destroy your economy and global economy and additionally spy everybody. When do you intend to make something against it? After this point when your schisoid governments confirm that this guy or that guy are state enemies and begin to liquidate you gradually one by one. It is now time to protest, to show that you have balls too.
Crispus Tenderloinus

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever this topic comes up, white people and people of color alike get all up in arms about equality and being respectful, but racism is exactly as the infographic above states. Most people see racism as someone simply calling someone names but racism lies within the power structure that backs up those words.
For example, if I call a white guy a "cracker". Other than maybe getting his feelings hurt, there's nothing else that harms him. I called him a name but what other effects does it have? None.
But, if someone calls an undocumented immigrant an "illegal", there is a lot of power behind that word. It upholds a system where this person is a criminal, doesn't belong and is all around a bad person. And the use of this word can and has influenced people to hate them, discriminating against undocumented immigrants and creating laws and legislation to get rid of them and doing anything they can to prevent these people from succeeding.
The word holds so much power and influence, there is no way one can compare it to cracker. I have no power to take away from this white person, but this white person has all the power in the world to make my life as difficult as it can be. This is what racism is. It's power combined with prejudice.
This is why reverse racism is a myth. My words and actions cannot touch the power system that you have in place. This is why affirmative action is so frowned upon. It disrupts the system that allows whites to succeed over groups of color, threatening the power structure that they hold.
Normally, people have their 15 mins. of fame.
In your case, you only get 13.
Loser.
Hola

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It's deeper than that but you'll never get it. Go build your own damn country, make it the greatest place on earth, a place where any color can be treated equal if they wish. Do that and then listen to a specific color scream they're being discriminated against regardless of the fact that they just took the job your more qualified son missed out on because they were of that color that you helped give certain breaks to. It gets even better when they start screaming about how your forefathers bought and sold them as slaves; they bought them from people of that color to begin with because that was the way of the world back then. It gets even better when they come up with your BS line that reverse discrimination doesn't exist. Which is really disheartening to hear after you spent years helping them to be your equal. It gets even better than that but as I already stated you'll never get it because at the end of the day you're just not very intelligent.
Crispus Tenderloinus

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

JBH wrote:
HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF PEOPLE AROUND HE WORLD SCOLDING US:
Holg
Zerbst, Germany
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#5412 hrs ago
it was well known for everybody at least for me that criminals from usa spy globally and everybody and spend fat billions from cash of tax payers for this purpose. Such spying networks like facebook is easy leader in this crime.
One thing is not to understand, why you as nation don´t protest. Your pseudodemocratical, criminal governments destroy countries by all these global wars by using your taxes, destroy your lives, destroy your economy and global economy and additionally spy everybody. When do you intend to make something against it? After this point when your schisoid governments confirm that this guy or that guy are state enemies and begin to liquidate you gradually one by one. It is now time to protest, to show that you have balls too.
Another Obama failure.

So, don't say it's Bush's fault either as Bush hasn't been President going on 5 years now.
Mark Aldfrith

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Hola wrote:
<quoted text>
It's deeper than that but you'll never get it. Go build your own damn country, make it the greatest place on earth, a place where any color can be treated equal if they wish. Do that and then listen to a specific color scream they're being discriminated against regardless of the fact that they just took the job your more qualified son missed out on because they were of that color that you helped give certain breaks to. It gets even better when they start screaming about how your forefathers bought and sold them as slaves; they bought them from people of that color to begin with because that was the way of the world back then. It gets even better when they come up with your BS line that reverse discrimination doesn't exist. Which is really disheartening to hear after you spent years helping them to be your equal. It gets even better than that but as I already stated you'll never get it because at the end of the day you're just not very intelligent.
Whites still think Blacks are inferior academically
http://www.ur.umich.edu/9697/Jan28_97/artcl16...
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If that be true, then explain the hate and attacks on Paula Deen...

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Crispus Tenderloinus wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Obama failure.
So, don't say it's Bush's fault either as Bush hasn't been President going on 5 years now.
George W. Bush Defends PRISM:'I Put That Program In Place To Protect The Country'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/01/geor...
Former President George W. Bush defended PRISM, the Internet spying program that began under his administration but remained secret until The Washington Post and The Guardian revealed its existence last month.

"I put that program in place to protect the country. One of the certainties was that civil liberties were guaranteed," Bush told CNN in an interview airing Monday. "I think there needs to be a balance, and as the president explained, there is a proper balance."

PRISM began under Bush in 2007 and has continued under the Obama administration. The program allows the National Security Administration to collect internet and email data from the nation's biggest technology companies.
ANONPROXY PUZZIE LOCATER

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Crispus Tenderloinus wrote:
<quoted text>
Normally, people have their 15 mins. of fame.
In your case, you only get 13.
Loser.
Anon Proxy users like you are Blog Eunuchs, hence the need for the device.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>George W. Bush Defends PRISM:'I Put That Program In Place To Protect The Country'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/01/geor...
Former President George W. Bush defended PRISM, the Internet spying program that began under his administration but remained secret until The Washington Post and The Guardian revealed its existence last month.
"I put that program in place to protect the country. One of the certainties was that civil liberties were guaranteed," Bush told CNN in an interview airing Monday. "I think there needs to be a balance, and as the president explained, there is a proper balance."
PRISM began under Bush in 2007 and has continued under the Obama administration. The program allows the National Security Administration to collect internet and email data from the nation's biggest technology companies.
So Bush should be getting the credit for the program that the Obama Admin is claiming has been very successful in preventing terrorist attacks that have saved thousands of American lives.

I'm OK with that.

Level 6

Since: Feb 07

Caguas, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
I`ll say this. I do not agree with this crap either. But , You Rico, Jester, NTR, and Shayla did stalk and harass Tourchwood by posting her Web site. And calling her place of employment. So in a way you are getting back what you dished out. Seems what goes around comes around on here.
The fact that I post less frequently than I did several years ago does not mean that you can tell lies about me, without being called out on those lies. I never posted any website info regarding Barnes, nor did I "stalk" her. I AM guilty of ridiculing her, frequently, because she was a ridiculous, annoying poster. Hell, she got so bad that even your hero (GR) told her to zip it.

To the best of my knowledge (and recollection), only one poster revealed the websites associated with Barnes, and that poster wasn't me. Stick with being stupid, Q. You're better at that than you are at lying.

Level 2

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Your the one bragging about all this foreign service you got and telling us how you know why all these foreign people hate the U.S.A.
Well I'm starting to see why they hate us if blowhard arrogant people like you where over there.
Talk about a embarrassment your it for sure.
Stooges like you have failed the nation blowhard.
Wow, I see reading is a skill you have not mastered.

The only reason I mentioned my experience is because another asked how I came to my opinion. It is called corroborative material - I speak to things I know, not what I hear second hand.

1) I specifically stated that while stationed abroad I saw humungous lines at our embassies. While protests occurred, the number of resident and visa applications was always greater.

2) Only the insecure consider others to be arrogant.

3) When Republicants act as duplicitously as you, our enemies are kept content. A divided nation is far easier to conquer.

4) Enjoy your whining. I do.

Level 2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Quirky wrote:
Boycott The New Movie "White House Down" As Jamie Foxx Plays the President in it! Jamie Foxx is a Racist.
Do tell.

This reminds me of the Dixie Chicks nonsense. It is okay for you to have the right to speak freely but you demand that others forgo theirs.

That's another genius display of Republicant stoogery. It is little wonder your party lost the last two elections.

Herman Cain - he's our man. Wait...what?

Okay, Rick Perry. That's a guy we can all get behind! Huh?

No, I mean Newt Gingrich. He's got the experience to lead. Oh, sh-t...

Barbara Bachman, a proud conservative woman who knows what we need. She's the one we want now. Oh, come on...

Rick Santorum is our guy! He stands for all that is good...now, wait a minute, this isn't fair.

Mitt Romney, he's...he's...he's not John McCain! He made his millions the old fashioned way, he inherited them. What a guy!

The reason this country is in trouble is because fools like you keep thinking that President Obama should be able to immediately fix eight years of f-ck ups by your hero, Geroge W. Bush.

Thanks for the laughs.

Level 2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
So Bush should be getting the credit for the program that the Obama Admin is claiming has been very successful in preventing terrorist attacks that have saved thousands of American lives.
I'm OK with that.
Wow. Are you just realizing that the Patriot Act happened under George W. Bush's nightmare reign?

Level 2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
So if 39% of the White vote went for a Black President, and 93% of Black Americans feared a White President, just shows where this racism really resides.
http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/results/race ...
So, you must be a racist if you support a black man, huh?

Black Americans have a reason to fear white, conservative, religious borne leadership, don't they? Did you forget about slavery?

Living in the San Francisco area must be difficult for you. There are still some pockets of Jim Crow left in the deep South. Get your hood out of storage and prepare to move.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Ten Reasons I cannot cheer for my country this 4th of July
http://www.catholic.org/hf/faith/story.php...
And while all this happens, Paula Deen is exposed as a racist or Kim Kardashian has a baby and the country loses its mind.
My country isn't what I learned it was supposed to be. My country is all about money, power, and corruption. My country is drunk on reality TV, credit cards, and vice on a scale never before seen since the days of ancient Rome. Yes, we have an amazing standard of living. At the same time, our middle class is endangered, our budgets no longer balance, and we continue to fall further behind in every measure.
So how can I cheer when the fireworks go off this 4th of July?
We need new patriots. New heroes. Have you the courage to join me? Or am I the only soul that feels heartbroken and ashamed of his country this holiday?
You don't stand alone.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>And the rockets red glare.
1. Our government has been accused of funneling weapons and supporting the Sinaloa drug cartel in Mexico.
2. Our government is about to impose onerous healthcare requirements on employers and taxpayers, compelling everyone to pay towards practices which they find morally objectionable.
3. Our government is spying on citizens, allies, and much of the world by using a broad dragnet ostensibly to stop terrorists.
4. Our government is arming rebels in the Free Syrian Army, whose ranks are filled with anti-Christian, anti-western, anti-Israeli jihadists.
5. A president and congress whose only goal is winning the next election govern us.
6. We live in a country where wages have remained stagnant for over a decade, CEO pay is at its highest level in recent history, and businesses make record profits while paying the lowest taxes ever.
7. Our media is controlled by moneyed interests, and it filters the truth though right and left perspectives, while neither side has any genuine interest in solving problems.
8. Our college graduates are leaving school saddled tens of thousands of dollars of debt and entering a market without jobs, pay, or benefits.
9. Our parents and grandparents have reversed mortgaged their homes and their family legacies back to the banks, which are now richer than ever.
10. Our prison system is a university for criminals who we release early onto the streets, unrepentant and unrehabilitated.
All of this is going on while we have a president who is actively advancing the doctrine of COMMUNISM.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Oh say can you see.
7 Patriotic Products Just in Time for 4th of July
http://www.parade.com/35769/amandawaas/7-patr...
TThe 4th of July is upon us, which means that you’ve got to start getting prepared for how much American beer you can drink before you dangerously play with fireworks. Your Aunt Judy will show up with one of those American flag cakes (you know, the ones with Cool Whip and strawberries and blueberries on top) and your dad will make hamburgers so burned that they’re virtually unrecognizable. It’s a tradition.
In the spirit of this beloved and historic summer holiday, here are 7 patriotic products to get you revved up for the 4th of July. GO USA!
I didn't see bullets there and flags were absent too.

“Extremism is no virtue”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you advocate the taking of wealth from the rich (supposedly) and redistributing to the poor.
What in the world do you think communism is? Obviously your indoctrination is complete since you have lost all ability to see reality.
I know that wealth has been redistributed over several decades - siphoned away from the middle class and upstreamed to the wealthy ultimately creating the greatest polarity in wealth in this country since the Great Depression. The rich have gotten much richer while every other income group has fallen further behind, and the middle class is a dying segment of the population. We have more than ample evidence of those facts. I don't call that Communism either, you pathetic mentally defective dope.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 130,581 - 130,600 of218,654
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••