The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393337 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

freebird

Long Beach, CA

#153927 Jun 30, 2013
The Weather Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think racism or bigotry will be extinct in this country or any country for that matter?
Boy, do you ever live in an unrealistic bubble. Exactly what is it that you want Paula Deen to understand?
Sounds more like you are the one who is doing the whining here. Big deal, she said the "n" word 30 years ago. Her use of the word is not what has kept racism going in this country or any other country.
You do not seem to be bothered much by the racial slurs your friends say here on Topix.
Your focus on racism is what keep it alive. Obama, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the new Black Panthers and others is what turned the George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin into a racial circus. Many have read your racist comments towards the white community regarding that circus.
You take much pride in your own racism and bigotry. You hinder the black community more than you bring racism to light. You and others like you will always keep hate and racism alive. As you base success and failure on color.
Pop your bubble and get into the reality of life.
Right on the money! We have a black president, and they still want to cry racism.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

#153928 Jun 30, 2013
GOV. LAMM ASSERTS ELDERLY, IF VERY ILL, HAVE 'DUTY TO DIE'
AP
Published: March 29, 1984

DENVER, March 28— Elderly people who are terminally ill have a ''duty to die and get out of the way'' instead of trying to prolong their lives by artificial means, Gov. Richard D. Lamm of Colorado said Tuesday.

People who die without having life artificially extended are similar to ''leaves falling off a tree and forming humus for the other plants to grow up,'' the Governor told a meeting of the Colorado Health Lawyers Association at St. Joseph's Hospital.

''You've got a duty to die and get out of the way,'' said the 48-year-old Governor.''Let the other society, our kids, build a reasonable life.''

Some groups of the elderly immediately denounced Mr. Lamm for the statements. Reactions From Elderly

Dorothy Minkel, 75 years old, who has lobbied the Legislature for more than a decade on issues of the elderly, said,''It is an insult for anyone to suggest we have a duty to die.''.

Another lobbyist who represents elderly groups, Robert Robinson, 68 years old, said,''To say they have a duty to die and get out of the way brings me back 40 years ago when a person in Germany not only advocated that but carried it through.''

At a Senior Day gathering today, one elderly woman told Mr. Lamm,''I hate you for what you have said.'' But others at the meeting in the First Baptist Church applauded the Governor after hearing his explanation. At the meeting with representatives of senior citizens groups, part of planned Senior Day activities at the Colorado capital, the Governor said,''We are really approaching a time of almost technological immortatily when the machine and the tubes and the drugs and the heart pacemakers ... literally force life on us.

''I believe we really should be very careful in terms of our technological miracles that we don't impose life on people who, in fact, are suffering beyoind the ability for us to help.'' In Support of Options

A member of the audience, Ferne Taylor of Denver, drew applause when she said,''When I can't digest my food, when I can't breathe on my own, when my heart can't beat on its own, it could just be that God is trying to tell me something.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/03/29/us/gov-lamm...

“"One for the claws"”

Level 6

Since: Jul 10

Sin City,U.S.A.

#153929 Jun 30, 2013
The Weather Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha-Ha. You have me confused with being a "Bush fan". I do not do the "party line thingy". I think for myself and I stand by what I said in my post; "Obama is not a failure because he is part black. He is a failure because he is not able to lead and take charge. He simply did not have the maturity or intelligence to be president."
You are not one to be talking about how sound a persons judgement is. Obama is treated with contempt in many countries. You are just in denial of it and Obama is too arrogant to care one way or the other.
As long as there are people like you who yell right wingers or left wingers, this country is doomed, as nothing gets dealt with. Just a bunch of name calling, deflecting and keeping the people at odds with one another.
I am fine with what I see in the mirror. Can you say the same thing? I doubt it.
Obama was tapped to be president by billionaires and bankers. The 1 percent! And it wasn't because he is the brightest bulb in the bunch. He is the ultimate egotistical buffoon. He is doing the dirty work for them. All the while we have people blindly defending him from what they believe is racism or discrimination. They have been suckered
The Weather Man

Murrieta, CA

#153930 Jun 30, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Gasp!! You said "WTF." Oh my.
And how do you my age anyway?
You have nothing of substance so you attack me on using some profanity. It's so typical of you trolls. You can't refute any arguments with truth, so you go for the personal insults like "You are a real ugly beast of a woman."
Not only that, you've gone back to my old posts to purposely single those out where I'm calling out the other trolls and THEIR filthy lies.
You're a major hypocrite, and your childish anger proves it. You're fooling no one with this game of being offended or deflecting my trying to insult me.
We don't need a "Weather Man" to know which way the wind blows. LOL!
I can see where that could appear to be a hypocrisy of mine.
However had I not been distracted by your vulgarity, I would've used the acronym of "WTH" instead of "WTF".
I will make a mental note of that.

I have plenty of substance to state and have. I have not attacked you by any means. It is just a deflection you are trying to create. I have refuted several arguments in fact. It was not an insult. It was a perception you gave of yourself with the nasty thing you said to that poster as well as bringing their mother into the mix of things.

I do not go to old posts. That is childish and silly.

I'm sorry if you do not approve of me being offended by such language coming out of a woman's mouth. It has always been my understanding that women are better than speaking with such vulgarities. You do not strike me as a woman who can be insulted. So who are you fooling?

Perhaps not, but you do need someone to reel you in when you start getting nasty and vulgar. No need to fret though. It is not a job I plan on applying for or taking on.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#153931 Jun 30, 2013
Sharrp Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Go bake a pie...are you one of those who wear their cooking apron
to the market? Just askin" ;)
No. Just answering:) BTW, you want that with crisco or lard? I know you like it flaky. ;) LOL
The Weather Man

Murrieta, CA

#153932 Jun 30, 2013
<quoted text>
How long can you keep this game up, GR? LOL!
Person of Interest wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm sorry, old timer, but nothing stays the same."
One who is 64 hard years old and has been through life's self inflicted mill and then divorced 4 times and has 5 kids with 4 different daddies is hardly one to call another an "old timer".
Sounds like what you might say when you're viewing your old, wrinkled up naked body in the mirror though.
The Weather Man wrote:
Interesting, helpful and funny. Explains a lot for her hostile and berating attitude towards others.
Do you have a point to make here? Or is this just some more deflecting from the house troll?
The Weather Man

Murrieta, CA

#153933 Jun 30, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose and her Weegie Board. I bet she reads palms too. Ha ha ha !
Depending on how genuine the rings on the fingers of the palms she reads, does she give a five finger discount?
lol
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#153934 Jun 30, 2013
<quoted text>
And you BELIEVE all that outrageous propaganda?
My gawd, someone said you were intelligent.
Too bad you can not lose your Ignorance and read the truth. That story by Richard Lamb is exactly what Obama is doing and what Hitler did. You truly are an Ignorant little sheep.

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#153935 Jun 30, 2013
The Weather Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see where that could appear to be a hypocrisy of mine.
However had I not been distracted by your vulgarity, I would've used the acronym of "WTH" instead of "WTF".
I will make a mental note of that.
I have plenty of substance to state and have. I have not attacked you by any means. It is just a deflection you are trying to create. I have refuted several arguments in fact. It was not an insult. It was a perception you gave of yourself with the nasty thing you said to that poster as well as bringing their mother into the mix of things.
I do not go to old posts. That is childish and silly.
I'm sorry if you do not approve of me being offended by such language coming out of a woman's mouth. It has always been my understanding that women are better than speaking with such vulgarities. You do not strike me as a woman who can be insulted. So who are you fooling?
Perhaps not, but you do need someone to reel you in when you start getting nasty and vulgar. No need to fret though. It is not a job I plan on applying for or taking on.
Hahahahhaha!

Have any Grey Poupon?

You can you possibly get any more pompous and arrogant?

Oh I have been insulted on these boards countless times, but I consider the source after so many times.

"you need someone to reel you in....."? LOL!

<Shaking head and laughing at you>

Sorry, I just can't stop laughing at your absurdity and your phoniness.

I just hope that you're as conscientious and zealous about the language that others use here when they post their filth. I stand by my opinion--you're a fraud and a phony and just another troll in sheep's clothing.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#153936 Jun 30, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! Don't forget the blue tights.
GR tried to endear himself to women he felt were better than him because of his extreme low self-esteem. So he put those women on pedestals, built them up way out of proportion to truth and reality just so he could feel he was accepted into their social circle. You know, all the "Southern belles" crap and how he had "social etiquette." LOL!
GR was about as low-class, uneducated and insecure as it gets. By associating himself with women he felt were better than himself, he looked better to others in his mind. Bottom line: He used people like narcissists do.
Sounds like you know everything about someone you know nothing about. Good for you, queen of snoop.
Now run along spittlepoop.

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#153937 Jun 30, 2013
The Weather Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a point to make here? Or is this just some more deflecting from the house troll?
You got the point, and it's YOU who's the troll here.

You're extremely obvious you know and each new post gives you away even more. Next will come the gossiping with other posters to encourage their attacks.
The Weather Man

Murrieta, CA

#153938 Jun 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Uh uh, sure thing.
You complete IGNORE the previous posts that are replete with the most filthy and vicious of lies and profanity, yet you swoop in on mine to attack me about my language.
You are most definitely a hypocrite and a poser.
I am no troll. I'm a long-time poster on these threads, and I speak my mind and tell it like it is. I can see right through your games by who you support, by who you attack and condemn and your entire game of pretending to be offended.
You're a fraud.
If you are in fact a "long-time poster" you have no life and you are in fact a troll. You can believe whatever you wish. I do not behead people for their thoughts, even how wrong they may be.
I did not "swoop" in o. Your posts. They are crystal clear and from today. I shudder at the thought that your language is long standing. Yikes!

You may speak your mind, but it really has no "substance" when it speaks. Just vulgarity and name calling and calling people liars with no links to back up your claims.

I have neither attacked or condemned anyone here. I can only ASSume that you posses a guilty conscious of some sort.

No, I am no kind of fraud. Just another anonymous poster on the Internet, speaking my mind for what it's worth.

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#153939 Jun 30, 2013
The Weather Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on how genuine the rings on the fingers of the palms she reads, does she give a five finger discount?
lol
I was right on the money. LOL!

The gossiping and snide digs begin.
The Weather Man

Murrieta, CA

#153940 Jun 30, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you think he knows your name. Sis?
Probably the same way everyone else knows your pathetic life story. They learned it by reading your asinine posts.
You're to stupid to function in the real world.
What on earth gives you the idea the way you function on the internet is any better?
Good points.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#153941 Jun 30, 2013
Obama's Slave House photo-op flop--actually a garbage dump.

http://im41.com/archives/33194
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#153942 Jun 30, 2013
Definition of stupid:

Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
The Weather Man

Murrieta, CA

#153943 Jun 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey Weather Man, I thought you were monitoring posts for profanity?
Where are you?
LMAO!
I went to make a reply to that person, saying it was rather vulgar. Nonetheless it was funee.
I thought it best not to give a mixed message, so I decided not to click post comment.

I am not monitoring any posts. Trouble maker!
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#153945 Jun 30, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>I saw alot of this coming more than 40 years ago from the 60s and 70s. I watched places like Frisco and Chicago. I knew some of these people were bound and determined in their cause. Back then, I agreed with their cause. I didn't know until lately that their only way to achieve their cause was communism. They try and hide it. Call it something else like "for the common good" or "fairness". I heard an argument back in 2006 that Valerie Jarrett stated about communism inwhich she stated that it failed before, but it hadn't been tried by us yet... Everything going on is subterfuge for communism. The babyboomers are dying off. Their children have been poisoned by soft drinks and microwaved food, diabetis 2. The rest are just plain stupid with their cell phones and junk....We have lost the war for morality. Scalia blasted the rest of the court for not using law but calling everyone who didn't believe as they names. That's the second part of our government virtually gone....I dont depend on any government, including local government. When the shyt hits the fan I'll be ready.
I was at work the other day when one of the elderly women (who still is working there) wanted to know what the tax was on $25. She was figuring up how much money she needed to pay in cash for a certain item.

There were two temporary workers there, they will be there till the end of August and then they are going to college.

So, I said since you two are graduates, tell her how much.

They could not.

I said we had to learn calculations without calculators, cell phones, computers, etc. and you don't even know this simple answer.

This is what I believe. Reparations for blacks has been in the works for decades by both parties. Think about it, neither party was protecting a tax paying working American rights.

Paula Deen is just the pilot run.

More to come but in broader aspects.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#153946 Jun 30, 2013
Quirky wrote:
Hundreds of South African demonstrators clashed with police outside of the Soweto campus of the University of Johannesburg on Saturday before a planned appearance by President Obama.
Between 150 to 200 demonstrators held signs that depicted the President as Hitler and demanded that the United States lift trade sanctions against Cuba. Scuffles broke out between the demonstrators and police as they stood across the road from the university.
“Go back, Obama,” the demonstrators chanted.
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/29...
The news said today that only 1000 people were in attendance to hear Obama read from the teleprompter.

I am being serious.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#153947 Jun 30, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>One can't justify ones right to exist without continuously earning that right.... in some capacity I would think.
I think you are right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hundreds of undocumented immigrants removed fro... 3 min freebird 5
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 10 min Bakker 7,917
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 34 min Le Jimbo 71
News On illegal immigration, Trump supporters have v... 3 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 15
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr Just Slim 142,243
News Washington Post: U.S. needs illegal immigrants ... 5 hr Dee Dee Dee 10
News Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If... 6 hr drumpf LOL 4
More from around the web