The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409058 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#153221 Jun 28, 2013
Sharrp Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really...well we should prosecute the contractors who hire them.
Start from the top down...great idea huh legs...
My firm is all american.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#153222 Jun 28, 2013
leggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you explain the mechanics of questioning a hispanic looking person who is looking for a job? Without looking like a racist/bigot?
Dying to here this.
I would start with the word "here" and "hear" in regards to "hearing" what the boss says and being "here" on time. LOL

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#153223 Jun 28, 2013
And then pointing out the spelling error in his application.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#153224 Jun 28, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose you are so mean and hurtful. OMG???
[email protected]
I have been hurt by her meanness. I have gotten over it though.

Level 2

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#153225 Jun 28, 2013
Reality wrote:
Copied from another poster:
Joe Newbraugh our constitution is being destroyed by Obama and these idiots who are in office they should all should be fired from office. you can not fly the American flag for it offends illegals who come here. but yet its ok for them to fly their countries flag .you can not say the America pledge in school but now schools are having kids say the mexico pledge and other countries pledge . and now our government protects illegal rights before protecting our rights as usa citizens this country has went hell it is said in the revelations that the anti Christ will bring hell and mayhem in the 7th yr. well Obama the anti Christ your on target in getting your mayhem under your watch just read the bible and look at the revelations and what it said people who call out to him an worship the anti Christ . he will bring everyone together well that happen under Obama for the day he took office every country was calling out his name worshiping him he who speaks with a fork tongue . on the seven yr . their will be wars and man against man it slowly coming to that right now . yes Obama the anti Christ you are starting to destroy our fabric of our country with the help of your cabinets of goons that kneel under your name and hails satan your father . need I say more
You can try saying the truth, that would be a good start. This drivel is pretty funny. I can see why you attributed it to someone else. Taking ownership would make you look even more pathetic.

It is hardly illegal to fly the United States flag or display it at work. Maybe you should take down your Confederate flag and remove that hood. You may see the world differently then.

Level 2

#153226 Jun 28, 2013
I see that racer42 still cannot provide a single, recent post from this thread involving a link to the networks he mentioned.

I realize that his reading skills are limited but even a cursory look through the past couple weeks shows him to be a pathetic liar.

I hope you made enough off those BART riders yesterday to buy your malt liquor and continue that stupor. Keep flailing and I'll keep laughing.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#153227 Jun 28, 2013
Well see that the Koch Roving children are still Rushing all about with no substance and callow amusments. Such is the fear of the Tea intoxicated right wing nuts. They have their chldren represnet them. So much for maturity and intellect on their part.
After years of the failures of the EU {European Commission}. It is being called to an intervention summit. Led by the creator of the EU, France seconded by the Netherlands!
The Netherlands cry “Enough is Enough” Brussels handling of the EU economics has failed them. Barroson’s EU is fracturing under the weight of Austerity. Accusations have filtered through that the EU is demonstrating self inflicting recessions, that is akin to the USA’s right wing policies. Serving
To the elitist and abandoning the youth of their nations, suffering huge unemployment scenarios.
France’s Industrial Minister Arnaud Montebourg , clarifies the situation when he stated; “Brussels style of sickness will be fatal for Europeans”!“It is the fuel of the Nation Front”! A far right party.
June 26 2013 will be remembered, as to when the EU finally recognized that the Obama strategy of government expenditures is required to fuel recovery from recessions. Feeding the rich on the demise of their youth will no longer be acceptable. Inequality of the laborer’s productivity distributions is what fuels recessions and or depressions.
France’s president Francios Hollande concurs of the failed Brussels’ economic leadership that promotes recessions. France will no longer abide by such disastrous policies. The Netherlands agree.
Obama’s leadership, in financial restoration, will be emulated to the benefit of the EU and the world.
Meanwhile back in the USA. Our far right wing nuts want to double the interest burden on our college youth. Adding another $ 2,600 debt to them. Furthering the inequality of our educational systems.
Those that grew without blemish of any recession have a simple Universal Educational system with no debt to the education of the students. Sweden is of but one example. Universal Health Care from birth to death and large safety nets to insure the security of the incomes of all of their citizens are two more fundamentals of their social system that staved off recession and prompted growth superior to the USA’s.
Time for a cool, cool change. Far right wing has had it all wrong these many years. Advancing us to the 23 third position in the advanced industrial nations. Couple that with the Bush administration demoting us from the G-8 to the G-20 economics of the global economics. Note G-8 is now known as the G-7... Thank you mister republican???
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#153228 Jun 28, 2013
The Myth of America.
Nixon to Bush 2008 and all republicans in between have advocated support to policies that serve to increase inequality within our financial institutions. Results are not supportive for a nation that had one time been the leader of the free world. America the land of opportunity has faded into the realms of Myths. Inequality has grown. Emulating similar depths of financial inequality to the Great Depression’s. Republicans maintain and advocate redundant failed ideologies. From the least of them to the greatest, all promote in one measure or another, to increase our inequality. Sweden’s , for one example has already demonstrated their success in stabilizing their inequality problems. USA continues to increase inequality and their affects are divesting to our democracy’s security.
Observe our Health Care and how long it has been suppressed by republicans as they continue to do so. Children in poverty in the USA have reached third world standards. Lack of health and escalating poverty, compounds a higher probability for collapse, ruin of our nation. How do we measure up through the eyes of the World Bank?
World Bank merits may not be acceptable to the some but I‘ll take their word over callow comments, any day... Never the less, you can take this to the Bank.
Health Care policies has been evaluated by the “World Bank” No doubt to determine our risk factors.
Medicaid programs have been scaled back.{“Poison Pill”} as one example. Increasing our losses to health issues.“Especially among the elderly and the impoverished. Life expectancy in the USA is 78 years, lower than Japan’s 83 years or Australia’s or Israel’s 82 years…. 2009 “World Bank” USA ranked fortieth overall, just below Cuba.
Infant and maternal mortality rate in USA is greater than Cuba, Belarus, Malaysia, to name a few. Impoverished USA civilians have a 10% lower life expectancy than those at the top.
1st in overall health care expenditure and
2nd in total health expenditure as % of GDP...but
37TH in the WHO ranking of the world’s health system performance...and
72nd in overall level of health!
44th of 224 countries in Infant mortality
121st of 223 countries in overall death rate
50th of 224 countries in life expectancy
Sources include the CIA Fact Book, the World Health Organization, and the United Health Foundation
Indicates its time for a cool, cool change in our Health Care systems.
OBAMACARE

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#153229 Jun 28, 2013
leggy wrote:
<quoted text>
I sent Wal Mart their credit card and told them to shove it up their a**.
LOL. You'll undoubtedly continue to troll. Imagine how your bigotry and prejudice might impact if everybody around you actually knew who and what you are. Did you stop shopping at QVC, Home Depot and Target? Will you avoid Caesar's restaurants when in Vegas? Stick around. In a few months, somebody will forgive her and let her back in the game - simply to pick up some revenues from racists like yourself.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#153230 Jun 28, 2013
Obamacrap.
Sunny

Longview, WA

#153231 Jun 28, 2013
positronium wrote:
Obamacrap.
Exactly posi.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#153232 Jun 28, 2013

Every now and then a star does come out in a brilliant sparkling display within the Great Sovereign Lone Star State of Texas.
Former teen mother, now a Harvard graduate junior senator, demonstrated to all the nation, who wears the skirts in Texas.
Texas women united to defend themselves against the chauvinistic 10 Gallon Tin Hat cowboys. Led by this one lone junior senator {D}, for on to 12 hours of fillabusting the majority villainous {R}. Hog Tying and corralling them like a pro. With a sweet southern demur respect, gives back 15 minutes for the villainous {R} to go ahead and vote, to shut down planned parenthood all over the state.
Alas the standing ovation from the gallery drowned out the {R} far over the 15 minutes allotted and were unable to vote. Although they deceitfully tried to say they did vote in time, it was easily proven a just another deceitful fabricated inaccuracy of the {R’s}.
Senator Wendy Davis retires from the floor to return another day.
Rick Perry with nothing to lose, vows to return at high noon July 1st 2013. First he will have his “Special Session” with his gang. Rustling up another showdown, swearing he will defeat these skirts.
Hmm what devious plans will they concoct? Will they finally rustle up sufficient overwhelming force to kill this planned parent hood? Careening Texas further down the road to inequality. Back to the dark back alleys of yesteryear.
Across the prairie we will hear the hoofs, thundering about calling on all hands to drop what they are doing and follow our Sovereign leader Ricky.
Ricky leading his testosterone 10 gallon tin hat cowboys. Shouting encouraging slogans such as “Keep’em barefoot and pregnant”!“ It is our moral imperative for the valor of chauvinism; Yippee Yea Ky Ay!
Will the women folks overcome the chauvinistic majority and demand their rights as equal human beings?
Will Ricky’s testosterone desperadoes’ once again subjugate their women folks?
Exciting isn’t it. Sorry to say this but … Stay Tuned for next weeks episode.
To Be Continued..

Level 2

#153233 Jun 28, 2013
Let me try to put this in perspective for some of you. After a couple decades working for Uncle Sam - almost entirely abroad - I have first hand experience with how awful America is perceived.

The lines at our embassies are massive. The best and brightest in foreign lands all want to live the American dream.

The President has not failed us. American complacency and greed has. When doctors in foreign lands are willing to work here as laborers while our progeny sit in front of an Xbox, you cannot blame the President.

The President prior to the current one began a war we did not need. He and his minions lied to the world. Instead of focusing on those responsible, he protected them, as they enriched his oil buddies. President Obama has not failed the nation. People who whine endlessly are far more culpable. Our enemies love it when discord thrives. Thanks for helping them out.
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#153234 Jun 28, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Every now and then a star does come out in a brilliant sparkling display within the Great Sovereign Lone Star State of Texas.
Former teen mother, now a Harvard graduate junior senator, demonstrated to all the nation, who wears the skirts in Texas.
Texas women united to defend themselves against the chauvinistic 10 Gallon Tin Hat cowboys. Led by this one lone junior senator {D}, for on to 12 hours of fillabusting the majority villainous {R}. Hog Tying and corralling them like a pro. With a sweet southern demur respect, gives back 15 minutes for the villainous {R} to go ahead and vote, to shut down planned parenthood all over the state.
Alas the standing ovation from the gallery drowned out the {R} far over the 15 minutes allotted and were unable to vote. Although they deceitfully tried to say they did vote in time, it was easily proven a just another deceitful fabricated inaccuracy of the {R’s}.
Senator Wendy Davis retires from the floor to return another day.
Rick Perry with nothing to lose, vows to return at high noon July 1st 2013. First he will have his “Special Session” with his gang. Rustling up another showdown, swearing he will defeat these skirts.
Hmm what devious plans will they concoct? Will they finally rustle up sufficient overwhelming force to kill this planned parent hood? Careening Texas further down the road to inequality. Back to the dark back alleys of yesteryear.
Across the prairie we will hear the hoofs, thundering about calling on all hands to drop what they are doing and follow our Sovereign leader Ricky.
Ricky leading his testosterone 10 gallon tin hat cowboys. Shouting encouraging slogans such as “Keep’em barefoot and pregnant”!“ It is our moral imperative for the valor of chauvinism; Yippee Yea Ky Ay!
Will the women folks overcome the chauvinistic majority and demand their rights as equal human beings?
Will Ricky’s testosterone desperadoes’ once again subjugate their women folks?
Exciting isn’t it. Sorry to say this but … Stay Tuned for next weeks episode.
To Be Continued..
Little more to it than your report. Thank you gov. Perry and awesome - special session ! Yes. Now sit down Wendy Davis. You forgot how you were helped. Now you want to turn that help and make more like YOU which America cannot afford. She is broke. Take responsibility and you will THINK twice before ...because you are the one not taxpayers who should pay for your stupidity and lack of integrity.

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#153235 Jun 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do have a point. My point being that whether you are registered, not registered, or using an anonymous proxy, you are attacked.
At least when you post with your avatar name under a registered account you also have the integrity of just being you. People know who you are and what you stand for and what your opinions are. It's those that post using different names yet are the same poster that lack that same integrity and honesty in my opinion.
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#153236 Jun 28, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I am speaking of the other one that sometimes uses your handle, lol
...hey "posi" what the hey has happened? There are so many guests! I do not have time to read, been canning and freezing all the bounty from our farm garden. Guess it is all bickering...and I can assume the guests are about as much one side and more of the other- the usual?

Have a good day and nice week end! I do not care for this nonsense! Almost like it was when I made my first post...not knowing how it could get BUT I do now! Take care.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#153237 Jun 28, 2013
Faster and faster than ever expected. Right wing cry out To Fast, To Fast, let us remain to our traditions and ever soooo slowly reduce any debt. What do you think ?
The Congressional Budget Office said the 2013 fiscal deficit would fall to about $642 billion, or 4 percent of G.D.P., about $200 billion less than it estimated just three months ago.
WASHINGTON — Since the recession ended four years ago, the federal budget deficit has topped $1 trillion every year. But now the government’s annual deficit is shrinking far faster than anyone in Washington expected, and perhaps even faster than many economists think is advisable for the health of the economy.
The agency forecast that the deficit, which topped 10 percent of gross domestic product in 2009, could shrink to as little as 2.1 percent of gross domestic product by 2015 — a level that most analysts say would be easily sustainable over the long run — before beginning to climb gradually through the rest of the decade.
"Revenues have been strong as the economy has outperformed a bit," said Joel Prakken, a founder of Macroeconomic Advisers, a forecasting firm based in St. Louis.
Over all, the figures demonstrate how the economic recovery has begun to refill the government’s coffers. At the same time, Washington, despite its republican political paralysis.
Republicans say perhaps too successful. Given that the economy continues to perform well below its potential and that unemployment has so far failed to fall below 7.5 percent, many economists are cautioning that the deficit is coming down too fast, too soon.
“It’s good news for the budget deficit and bad news for the jobs deficit,” said Jared Bernstein of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.{R}
“I’m more worried about the latter.” OOOHHH scary..
Now Obama is showing his democratic colors of success in financials. With the government running a hefty $113 billion surplus in the tax payment month of April, according to the Treasury, analysts now do not expect the country to run out of room under its debt ceiling.
The $200 billion reduction to the estimated deficit comes not from the $85 billion in mandatory cuts known as sequestration, nor from the package of tax increases that Congress passed this winter to avoid the so-called fiscal cliff. The office had already incorporated those policy changes in its February forecast.
Republicans want Congress to agree for this year to serving as a partial brake on the recovery, cutting government jobs and preventing growth from accelerating to a more robust pace, many economists have warned. The International Monetary Fund has called the country’s pace of deficit reduction “overly strong,” arguing that Washington should delay some of its budget cuts while adopting a longer-term strategy to hold down future deficits.{R} Typical, small minds for small growth..
CBO is revising its estimates for the current year, the budget office also cut its projections of the 10-year cumulative deficit by $618 billion. Those longer-term adjustments are mostly a result of smaller projected outlays for the entitlement programs of Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare, as well as smaller interest payments on the debt. The C.B.O. has quietly erased hundreds of billions of dollars in projected government health spending over the last few years.
It did so again on Tuesday. In February, the budget office projected that the United States would spend about $8.1 trillion on Medicare and $4.4 trillion on Medicaid over the next 10 fiscal years. It now projects it will spend $7.9 trillion on Medicare and $4.3 trillion on Medicaid. Republicans “Chicken Little” is dying. Serving red herrings will return to the menu for their herd.
Sunny

Longview, WA

#153238 Jun 28, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
The Myth of America.
Nixon to Bush 2008 and all republicans in between have advocated support to policies that serve to increase inequality within our financial institutions. Results are not supportive for a nation that had one time been the leader of the free world. America the land of opportunity has faded into the realms of Myths. Inequality has grown. Emulating similar depths of financial inequality to the Great Depression’s. Republicans maintain and advocate redundant failed ideologies. From the least of them to the greatest, all promote in one measure or another, to increase our inequality. Sweden’s , for one example has already demonstrated their success in stabilizing their inequality problems. USA continues to increase inequality and their affects are divesting to our democracy’s security.
Observe our Health Care and how long it has been suppressed by republicans as they continue to do so. Children in poverty in the USA have reached third world standards. Lack of health and escalating poverty, compounds a higher probability for collapse, ruin of our nation. How do we measure up through the eyes of the World Bank?
World Bank merits may not be acceptable to the some but I‘ll take their word over callow comments, any day... Never the less, you can take this to the Bank.
Health Care policies has been evaluated by the “World Bank” No doubt to determine our risk factors.
Medicaid programs have been scaled back.{“Poison Pill”} as one example. Increasing our losses to health issues.“Especially among the elderly and the impoverished. Life expectancy in the USA is 78 years, lower than Japan’s 83 years or Australia’s or Israel’s 82 years…. 2009 “World Bank” USA ranked fortieth overall, just below Cuba.
Infant and maternal mortality rate in USA is greater than Cuba, Belarus, Malaysia, to name a few. Impoverished USA civilians have a 10% lower life expectancy than those at the top.
1st in overall health care expenditure and
2nd in total health expenditure as % of GDP...but
37TH in the WHO ranking of the world’s health system performance...and
72nd in overall level of health!
44th of 224 countries in Infant mortality
121st of 223 countries in overall death rate
50th of 224 countries in life expectancy
Sources include the CIA Fact Book, the World Health Organization, and the United Health Foundation
Indicates its time for a cool, cool change in our Health Care systems.
OBAMACARE
Hey why don't you just pack your bag's Bernard an get in your boat an head for Cuba and wave to all the Cuba's in there boats trying to get here.
Also if ya can take that Fat Sicko MICHAEL MOORON with ya he needs some of that good Cuba Comm. Medicine
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#153239 Jun 28, 2013
Whathehey must have missed tis comment or just chooses to ignore what he can not defend. Majority of the world disagrees with your right wing nuttiness.
After years of the failures of the EU {European Commission}. It is being called to an intervention summit. Led by the creator of the EU, France seconded by the Netherlands!
The Netherlands cry “Enough is Enough” Brussels handling of the EU economics has failed them. Barroson’s EU is fracturing under the weight of Austerity. Accusations have filtered through that the EU is demonstrating self inflicting recessions, that is akin to the USA’s right wing policies. Serving
To the elitist and abandoning the youth of their nations, suffering huge unemployment scenarios.
France’s Industrial Minister Arnaud Montebourg , clarifies the situation when he stated; “Brussels style of sickness will be fatal for Europeans”!“It is the fuel of the Nation Front”! A far right party.
June 26 2013 will be remembered, as to when the EU finally recognized that the Obama strategy of government expenditures is required to fuel recovery from recessions. Feeding the rich on the demise of their youth will no longer be acceptable. Inequality of the laborer’s productivity distributions is what fuels recessions and or depressions.
France’s president Francios Hollande concurs of the failed Brussels’ economic leadership that promotes recessions. France will no longer abide by such disastrous policies. The Netherlands agree.
Obama’s leadership, in financial restoration, will be emulated to the benefit of the EU and the world.
Meanwhile back in the USA. Our far right wing nuts want to double the interest burden on our college youth. Adding another $ 2,600 debt to them. Furthering the inequality of our educational systems.
Those that grew without blemish of any recession have a simple Universal Educational system with no debt to the education of the students. Sweden is of but one example. Universal Health Care from birth to death and large safety nets to insure the security of the incomes of all of their citizens are two more fundamentals of their social system that staved off recession and prompted growth superior to the USA’s.
Time for a cool, cool change. Far right wing has had it all wrong these many years. Advancing us to the 23 third position in the advanced industrial nations. Couple that with the Bush administration demoting us from the G-8 to the G-20 economics of the global economics. Note G-8 is now known as the G-7... Thank you mister republican???
Sunny

Longview, WA

#153240 Jun 28, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
Let me try to put this in perspective for some of you. After a couple decades working for Uncle Sam - almost entirely abroad - I have first hand experience with how awful America is perceived.
The lines at our embassies are massive. The best and brightest in foreign lands all want to live the American dream.
The President has not failed us. American complacency and greed has. When doctors in foreign lands are willing to work here as laborers while our progeny sit in front of an Xbox, you cannot blame the President.
The President prior to the current one began a war we did not need. He and his minions lied to the world. Instead of focusing on those responsible, he protected them, as they enriched his oil buddies. President Obama has not failed the nation. People who whine endlessly are far more culpable. Our enemies love it when discord thrives. Thanks for helping them out.
Let me try to put this in perspective for some of you. after a couple decades working for Uncle Sam this jerk has become a Big Blowhard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... 9 min berklee 444
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 19 min Kissez8098 17,750
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 27 min jimmy krack korn 287
News The Latest: DeVos says she'll take $1 as educat... 1 hr AmericanWomyn 7
News Cubans sold everything to reach U.S., now hundr... 1 hr ASKING 5
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr anne bonny 144,062
News Obama executive orders may not survive under Pr... 3 hr Wildchild 5
More from around the web