The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
121,661 - 121,680 of 255,890 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Reality

Campbellsburg, KY

#144228 May 28, 2013
Mod Squad wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter what you say. Millions of people would agree that our president is not failing us and because of that fact take my opinion seriously that he has not failed us.
Need I say more? I stand by my opinion and the proof is there for anybody to readily see this if they allow themselves to look at the facts for once instead of focusing on their personal entertainment.
So, I see Obama hasn't failed you and your food stamp card and welfare check arrived on time.

How sweet and nice of Obama.
Reality

Campbellsburg, KY

#144229 May 28, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>Not exactly.
Continue on....

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#144232 May 28, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"x -man-"
One more time you ar4e incorrect. Based on the posts on this thread you and "wild irush hoe" are the posters that no one takes seriously.
I will say this the BS you spew does inspire chuckles. One wonders how stoopid you can be. They just have to read your next post the proves your stoopidity has no limits.
Peace
KMA
I see, "incorrect" eh? lol

Well then, please elaborate on where and what specifically you are basing your observations and conclusions on. I will say this post of yours also inspires "chuckles" and one must wonder if you realize how pretentious and fraudulent you come across. I will patiently wait to see your next typed masterpiece which will no doubt add to my evolving opinion on the current status and limits of YOUR "stoopidity". lol

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Level 9

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#144233 May 28, 2013
Reality wrote:
R.I.P.
Boys Scouts of America
February 8, 1910 to May 23, 2013
Courier Journal newspaper of Louisville, Ky
reports Southeast Christian Church, one of the largest churches in America will not be supporting with financial gifts or support of any type to the Boy Scouts of America.
Good for them.
One by one supporters will be stopping the cash flow.
This is truly sad.
Oh, it will change, but it will be the same. They will only work 28 hours a week, without any queer stuff going on. lol.

Level 8

Location hidden

#144234 May 28, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
<quoted text>Yup and you got it bad!
Gawd, you're desperate.(shakes head)

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#144235 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>You know why they don't stick to the topic, their side is going down big time so they want to talk about how old Posi is or how my legally immigrated and Naturalized wife is somehow inferior to illegal aliens.
Yeah, they are all but washed up at this point. The president has failed, his people are going down and he won't be far behind...
Fully agree.....His firm is jumping ship to avoid prosecution.
It is in full progress as we speak.

“Counterculture Phenomenon”

Since: Mar 10

On top of the World

#144236 May 28, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I see Obama hasn't failed you and your food stamp card and welfare check arrived on time.
How sweet and nice of Obama.
Millions agree you belong to the malicious outlier klan that is a nonsensical and destructive force in American politics.

Level 8

Location hidden

#144237 May 28, 2013
Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Julie. You're always the bridesmaid, never the groom.
hahahahaha
Hey scaredy cat! Still hiding eh?

Level 9

MY MONEY, come take it.

#144238 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>And don't even talk about using your gun rights for the purposes our forefathers wrote them or you will be tracked by the feds at least or arrested and prosecuted on some trumped up charge at worst.
I'm not concerned.

“I Survived Immigration Reform”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Forum

#144239 May 28, 2013
TUESDAY, MAY 28, 2013

GOP congressman uses Bible to justify punishing the poor

Rep. Stephen Fincher's recent snafu proves that when
quoting from the Good Book, context matters

BY CANDACE CHELLEW-HODGE

Tennessee Republican Rep. Stephen Fincher provides an excellent case study on why context should never be disregarded when quoting from the Bible.

In recent moves by Congress to slash $4.1 billion or more from food stamps (otherwise known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP) over the next 10 years, Fincher quoted from 2 Thessalonians 3:10:

For even when we were with you, we gave you this command: Anyone unwilling to work should not eat.

Fincher used this line to prove his point that lazy poor people shouldn’t be depending on the government to feed them. Of course, Fincher and his fellows are worried because SNAP rolls have swelled by 70% since the financial collapse back in 2008, causing the government to spend $80 billion* to feed poor people. But instead of curbing the bankers’ economy-destroying ways or ending their corporate welfare, they seek to take it out of the stomachs of poor people.

And he abuses the Bible to make his point.

This is why context matters and no one, not even lawmakers who claim to be good Christians, should ever use the Bible as a weapon—especially against poor people.

2 Thessalonians was arguably written by the Apostle Paul. Some dispute his authorship, but the main point here is that the letter was written to the people of Thessalonica at a time when an enthusiastic apocalyptic sect had grown up around the early Christian community there.

Because many of the members of this sect believed that Jesus’ return was imminent, they stopped working. They figured why work when Jesus would be back at any moment to sweep us all into heaven?

This work stoppage by otherwise contributing members of their society was causing great hardship among those who were still working, and not surprisingly, they resented their layabout comrades.

So, the author of this letter laws down the law: If you’re not going to work, you’re not going to eat.

Context matters. Fincher is using a verse written for a specific time, a specific place, and specific situation in Thessalonica thousands of years ago to deprive poor families of food today. This is Bible abuse at its worst....(cont.)

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/28/tennessee_rep...
Reality

Campbellsburg, KY

#144240 May 28, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>Dont think about somebody coming to take your guns.Think like a Marine and nobody gets your guns. You can read. Your 2nd Amendment right is yours. Dont accept their attempts to take it away, period.
I live in the country and even the kids can handle a gun better than most adults.

People are silently making plans to defend themselves.

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#144241 May 28, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope so.
Did you notice NTR's posts are going down too, like the one you just replied to.
heh heh
What's your point, Charlie Brown? One need not post 24/7 to make a point. Besides, the "not right" side makes so many idiotic irrational posts, it would take up the entire day and night trying to set the record straight.

I just don't have that much time for the hopeless and delusional anymore. It's almost summer, and there's plenty to do around here;-) It's a beautiful world right outside my front, back or side doors, and it has some beautiful people in it. Nature is awesome and the grass is green, the landscape serene, the gardens in bloom.

You should at least recognize that what angers or disturbs you is generally not a function of The President's policies - no matter how much you want to assign him the blame. He just doesn't own the majority of what is wrong in America. I assume he's as frustrated with gridlock as every regular in America.
Reality

Campbellsburg, KY

#144242 May 28, 2013
Mod Squad wrote:
<quoted text>Millions agree you belong to the malicious outlier klan that is a nonsensical and destructive force in American politics.
....but I don't live off the fruits of SOMEONE else's labor.

Be happy. You got your food stamps and welfare check, this is all that matters.....to you.

“Counterculture Phenomenon”

Since: Mar 10

On top of the World

#144243 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>No need to reinvent the wheel azzwhole. Just read it like it is.
You've been groomed your(azz)whole life to be the subservient puppet you are today.
Rico

Los Angeles, CA

#144244 May 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey scaredy cat! Still hiding eh?
Hey ask Rose how Bobby's doing. People are concerned.

Level 9

MY MONEY, come take it.

#144245 May 28, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Continue on....
Colorado demobrats are all being recalled. There's not many who are going to vote for gun control after watching that. Oh sure, in the commie states, but there's only a few of them. We are winning, dont worry.

Level 8

Location hidden

#144246 May 28, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! You summarized it perfectly. LOL!
I have seen him pull similar stunts. It never goes well for him either.
I'm just not sure what he gets out of it. Attention? That's just sad.
Personally, I think he has little man syndrome. He tries to make a competition out of everything, which never goes well for him because he never wins. lol

Level 9

MY MONEY, come take it.

#144247 May 28, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the country and even the kids can handle a gun better than most adults.
People are silently making plans to defend themselves.
No shyt.

Level 8

Location hidden

#144248 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>It doesn't matter how much you distract, your Messiah has failed as miserably as your personality has here.
Is that the same "messiah" you voted for?? lol

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#144250 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>Obama didn't win anything there. He went 0 for 5 while Christy got one on his first try. The prize was someone else's.
I know this but the video's title says "Raw: Christy wins Obama a stuffed bear"
Maybe he was making a political statement. LOL
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/touchdown...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ICE resumes deportations from New Mexico center 26 min Asian Guy 10
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr Mickey Ratt Club 135,498
The Fix: Obama might allow millions of illegal ... 2 hr Billy baroo 83
A year later: Immigrants fear reform will never... 2 hr the Light 73
March to FLETC in support of undocumented immig... 3 hr Confucius 201
Obama's immigration decision could roil 2014 el... 3 hr ronnie 11
Militias complicate situation on Texas border 3 hr betrayed 156
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••