The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391185 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“gun control takes two hands”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#143452 May 26, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is NOT NTR, liar.
Why do you right-wing nuts lie so much?
Correct, M'dear- NTR wouldn't use "non" as a word- she is much smarter than that and there isn't as much subtle intelligence in that post, besides. I'm also happy to note that you know the difference between a "right-winger" and a "right-wing nut". I have faith in you.

“gun control takes two hands”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#143453 May 26, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Because if they told the truth they would be democrats.
"It depends on what your definition of "is' is." Sound familiar?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#143454 May 26, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was on the illegal immigration forum, these libs had every excuse they could conger up to support illegals. They actually believe Americans owe the illegal immigrants a living. I see it in our local government too.
We had a local immigration forum about the many things which were happening in our city such as illegal immigrants taking over one subdivision and drugs, prostitution, theft, etc. was happening.
Local citizens started telling what was going on, that our local gov. was giving special treatment to any illegal, the Catholic church who set up Centro Latino to cater to the illegal immigrants which were dropped off every week at our only Walmarts parking lot.
The bus had Americano Hotel on the side of it and the license was from Texas....I am sure you get the picture.
Anyway, the latino community became very upset with the forum and they shut it down. It was under the Sentinel News.
....they shut it down because it was offensive in reporting the truth.
Our local gov. is liberal.
Although, I don't trust either party.
No party should be trusted. And as far as I am concerned and neither should any form of BIG govt.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#143455 May 26, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I insult the president......
I wish this was all that King Obama and Queen Jezebel along with the rest of their corrupted administration were doing to the American patriots.
Barack Hussein Obama is a Muslim terrorist.
NTR is a Muslim terrorist supporter.
I have something to offer to help with America's problems.
Take the traitors of both parties to the gallows.
Shut down IRS and initiate a flat tax for everyone including the welfare and unemployment recipients....no tax exemptions except mrtg. and healthcare cost....no "earned income credits" especially for welfare moms.
Have all illegal immigrants in America pay $5000. per person, they must have a job, no welfare or free healthcare. If they go to a hospital and don't pay for it---deport their butts back to where they came from. Deport all illegal immigrant prisoner back to where they came from.
Just think even if you had 50 million welfare recipients pay $2 per family member per month, this would be $100 million per month for one year---just two little dollars.
All the politicians, what is left of them will pay their share with no expense for their partying.
Have each politician on a report card, to be examined every 6 mos. and if they fail, kick their butts out without a cent.
I have lots of ideas.
I am all for equal rights...not the liberal's special rights.
NTR, know how you lost credibility?
1. Too blind and dumb to see what this administration is all about.
2. Tells their intimate life stories for the world to see and then denigrate anyone who comments on it.
This is not intelligence....its the dumbest thing anyone could do.
In all, Reality, that was a good post and you have my attention at least.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#143456 May 26, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe him and so do a lot of the other posters.
Liberals will rush to believe a lie and hide in a closet to face the truth.
I believe GR as well.
"Liberals will rush to believe a lie and hide in a closet to face the truth."
Liberals will rush to believe a lie and hide in a closet...(or its equivalent, another thread they invent)... to face the truth.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#143457 May 26, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I am all for bringing back the paddle and educating our children.
If the kids can learn any video game, texting, cell phone use, etc....they can learn to read, write, history and math.
The news in New York city stated 80% of their students are graduating and do not know how to read or write....how did they get a passing grade in order to graduate?
Dumb down the people and then you will have control over them.
There are too much media devices bringing too much drama into the lives of vulnerable minds and it is driven by the liberal entertainment industries with an agenda of the eventual dumbing down by drama to the point of political as well as national obliviousness to the real problems that face AMERICA and what is stands for.
Plain, simple and to the point.
Then our nations opposers will have the people of America in their hands and doing what they want them to do just like a dog on a leash.
America needs to stay in the woods, wild and untamed by anybody, in order to survive as a Nation.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#143458 May 26, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. I got to make a phone call.
There are many that suddenly have to.
Unplug your router first. LOL

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#143459 May 26, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Backward thinking Dweeb!
That's what happens when her thoughts dictate her senses instead of the other way around.
LOL
higgans

Avon, IN

#143460 May 26, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy is what you are.. What do you think if the students are learning the test questions they are in fact learning.. You want to add test questions fine.. You know what would be a big help in schools?? Get rid of all cell phones and calculators and other devices in the class room.. Tell me how do you propose to make a kid learn or do their homework?? I mean you all took paddles out of the schools so what is your answer??
So obamacare is now covering what 5 to 10 million people but lost 30 million+ to boot.. Yea instead of full time work employees has to work 2 or three jobs.. Yea I know everyone needs to try for medicaid and see how it works.. Explain to me how the poor is not still flooding the hospitals even with medicaid.. And just inform me how many doctors accept it as well.. I'm all ears..
Eagle
to the best of my knowledge, cell phones ARE banned in the class rooms... for SURE in MY school system.

do you think the kids have them or not?

if you WANT a parent-kid/teacher-school fiasco, TRY and take them away!

one of my classes is AUTO BODY REPAIR.... the teacher was told LAST year if one of his students couldn't do te MATH to figure an estimate, TEACH HIM.

these are ELECTIVE classes and 10th-12th grade kids. they don't HAVE to be there, so, the standards should be HIGHER.

they have BEEN passed K-9th grades and SOME CAN'T do the MATH required to figure the COST OF HOURS TIMES RATE????

I'd say that's a little late to RE-teach them WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER GOT OUT OF ELEMENTARY school withour knowing.

posters like sista have NO idea what goes on in the AVERAGE Middle American schools.

think of the WORST 'Black Board Jungle'(1950's movie!) scenes ad transpose them to today's average (sch corps for cities of 30-50K pop) and you would have a START.

now, every county sch corp here has the SAME problems, only on a smaller (but GROWING) scale.... many kids are trasfers FROM the bog corp.... in an attempt to GET AN EDUCATION.

trouble is, the 'entitlement' folks' kids have go there before them!

'big, bad, ghetto' sch problems are present in EVERY sch system in every State and every county and every city/town/village... EXCEPT PRIVATE SCHOOLS.

here's how the virus is spread: as little as 5-10 years ago, conserned parents/care-givers in MY sch corp started LYING about where the kids lived to register them in county schools.

the county schools KNEW but relished the EXTRA HEAD COUNT, for additional funds, OF COURSE.

about 3-5 years ago, the QUALITY of these transfers started affecting the county schools' STANDARDIZED MANDATED PERFORMANCE test scoes, so they statrted setting ACADEMIC and BEHAVIOUR standards.

LAST YEAR (or the year before?), the State made it LEGAL for any, ANY student in Indiana to go to ANY SCHOOL, NO STANDARDS NEED APPLY, no residency requirements.

seems the 'problem' kids were being turned away and the OUTCOME needed to be MANAGED in the name of FAIRNESS.

what about the kids/parents/TAX PAYERS that ORIGINALLY picked THEIR locations precisely (maybe PRIMARILY?) because of the QUALITY of the Local schools?

FAIRNESS equals F&%k'em, don't it?

yeah, but F&%K WHO????
higgans

Avon, IN

#143462 May 26, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I am all for bringing back the paddle and educating our children.
If the kids can learn any video game, texting, cell phone use, etc....they can learn to read, write, history and math.
The news in New York city stated 80% of their students are graduating and do not know how to read or write....how did they get a passing grade in order to graduate?
Dumb down the people and then you will have control over them.
to my knowledge, Indiana has NEVER oulawed corporal punishment (paddling)... the schools just don't do IT any more because of the community (Progressive) mores and the legal/personal hassles.

kids, AND their parents/care-givers, can 'show out' all they want. but, let a teacher, etc. get 'physical'????

extreme self-defense is STILL permissable... SO FAR.

as a janitor (non-certified staff), just 2/3 months ago I had to SIGN a 'hands-off' pledge. personally, I don't even TALK to these kids unless I have to! I do NOT need some girl or boy bringing up MY name for anything, get me?lol

we have had ON DUTY local cops assigned to our HS and my school for YEARS! the HS now has THREE (3)! total student count at HS? maybe 1200.... probably less now.

in one class there is posted on the wall a quote from A. Lincoln about WHAT the kids are taught, so goes the diection of the Nation.

our direction has been going DOWN for decades....

so goes our schools''societies, so goes Society as a whole.

is it ANY wonder that the Progressives went from politics, AFTER FDR, into EDUCATION?:)

our fellow citizens had better WAKE UP.... SOON.

“live by the beatitudes”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#143463 May 26, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor NTR lost face as a granny now she's going to try to be a Sista.
LOL
So again with slams against women here being women. What, in your opinion, is the great sin of being a grandmother? I see nothing wrong with a woman reaching an age and having twice the wisdom of a woman who has only achieved motherhood status. Women should not fear aging, it's better than dying, or being a conservative. LOL
higgans

Avon, IN

#143464 May 26, 2013
just a sista wrote:
<quoted text>
Even those who have low or non skill levels should be taught the basics such as reading, writing, math, science and civics enough to pass standardized high school diploma testing. Even the teabaggers have that capability, although I'd say their limited minds and what they can obtain can be described more as rote learning rather than actually an understanding of the world around them. Through repetition they acquire information as has been evidenced through their brainwashing by certain malevolent billionaires (think Koch brothers) through teabagger websites and literature. If they can be taught to oppose their own best interests, then surely they can be trained to pass a few basic high school tests. After that, then they can do menial work, such as Higgins. They too, can make a contribution to our society, however small it may be.
lady(?), you have issues and opinions beyond Topix.

you are another 'lost' citizen...

you should really enjoy the next few coming years.

have a nice life in your Progressive Utopian fantasy world, okay?

I'll finish with this thought: the average TPer, being over the age of 50, has FORGOT more 'knowledge' than the average college grad ever learned today.

the FACT that the basis for the entire Movement is FISCAL responsiblitiy and LIMITED FG proves my statement.
Bonnie

Rexburg, ID

#143465 May 26, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Girl. Nice to see you!
:)
Can you really see me Quirky? ; )
Bonnie

Rexburg, ID

#143466 May 26, 2013
just a sista wrote:
<quoted text>
So again with slams against women here being women. What, in your opinion, is the great sin of being a grandmother? I see nothing wrong with a woman reaching an age and having twice the wisdom of a woman who has only achieved motherhood status. Women should not fear aging, it's better than dying, or being a conservative. LOL
You draw being a woman like a gun. No offence. But you seem to use your gender as some sort of weapon.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#143467 May 26, 2013
just a sista wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be true, but, when the grandmother in question is thirty years old, it kinda hoses down the whole theory.

“live by the beatitudes”

Location hidden

#143468 May 26, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
lady(?), you have issues and opinions beyond Topix.
you are another 'lost' citizen...
you should really enjoy the next few coming years.
have a nice life in your Progressive Utopian fantasy world, okay?
I'll finish with this thought: the average TPer, being over the age of 50, has FORGOT more 'knowledge' than the average college grad ever learned today.
the FACT that the basis for the entire Movement is FISCAL responsiblitiy and LIMITED FG proves my statement.
So, what you have told me in the above post is that you are uneducated, older, and a teabagger, and you want to blame the federal government for the failures in your life. Sounds to me that you are the one who failed yourself, it was not the government. This nation provided you, especially if you are over 50, with every opportunity to succeed, yet you didn't take advantage of it and now want to blame something outside of yourself.

“live by the beatitudes”

Location hidden

#143469 May 26, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>You draw being a woman like a gun. No offence. But you seem to use your gender as some sort of weapon.
You seriously didn't want to offend or are you feigning "friendly" while trying to figure me out? If my gender is a weapon, it's a mighty powerful one and I wouldn't stand in my sights, if I were you. Don't you feel the power? I had the impression from and earlier post of yours, that you enjoy being a woman, as much as I do. I could be wrong.
Bonnie

Rexburg, ID

#143470 May 26, 2013
just a sista wrote:
<quoted text>
You seriously didn't want to offend or are you feigning "friendly" while trying to figure me out? If my gender is a weapon, it's a mighty powerful one and I wouldn't stand in my sights, if I were you. Don't you feel the power? I had the impression from and earlier post of yours, that you enjoy being a woman, as much as I do. I could be wrong.
Don't stand in your sights?(((YIKES!))). Seriously. I have read very few of your posts..The few I have read seem to make an issue of your gender. Why is that? I enjoy being a woman. I just do not feel the need to make an issue of it here.

“Wall of Denial”

Level 1

Since: Jan 10

Border Town USA

#143471 May 26, 2013
Illegal border crossings rise in South Texas as Congress debates immigration reform

In Texas, just the debate itself is drawing new immigrants over the border.

Juan Mercado lives on border property his family has owned since the 1850s. Immigrants often sneak across there. But since January, the number has tripled.

"I'm being invaded by people who have no permission to be on my property," Mercado said. "By smugglers, by illegals."

This surveillance video recorded last month near McAllen, Texas, shows some 40 men, women and children crossing into the United States.

Border patrol agents in the Rio Grande sector tell CBS News apprehensions have risen from 2,800 in January to 7,500 in March.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5758246...

“a smile for my friends”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

rochester, n. y.

#143472 May 26, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>Don't stand in your sights?(((YIKES!))). Seriously. I have read very few of your posts..The few I have read seem to make an issue of your gender. Why is that? I enjoy being a woman. I just do not feel the need to make an issue of it here.
hh heh heh. so there! lol.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 21 min quetzalcoatl 141,915
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 44 min woodtick57 5,384
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 1 hr NotSoDivineMsM 7,038
News Critics: Trump speech signals shift to coded ra... 1 hr yes 22
News Trump convention message cheers white supremacists 1 hr Smartest Man Alive 1
News Voters split over how to secure US from illegal... 2 hr YouDidntBuildThat 26
When Does Anti-Immigration Go Too Far? (Sep '15) 4 hr Nopal 491
More from around the web