The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409326 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#140173 May 14, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>How can you expect me to admit to something I don't accept as valid? I reject your arguments. Now, that said, there are issues where I disagree with the President. It's just that you seem never to touch on those. Perhaps that's because those are issues where I believe the President has "caved" unnecessarily to the Republican side of the formula in an effort to find common ground. I suppose it would be difficult for you to find fault on those. I'm certainly not blind, but then again, I'm fairly confident I'm not indoctrinated into believing a bunch of privileged know-it-alls and self-absorbed elites are likely (by majority of same) to make any sacrifices they can find a way NOT to make. I view our Congress as a reflection of that privileged group to whom I object. I still believe that we must operate by majority rule with minority protections, not conversely.
The bottom line is that the President has expressed himself on the issues you raise. You seem to want knee jerk reactions, but what you REALLY want is to embarrass or disgrace your President - even with no factual basis. That's not what most patriotic Americans want. They support our President unless or until FACTS come to light that change their opinions. You're part of a group of malcontents who LOST an election and can't let it go.
"No factual basis". LOL

1. The IRS singled out and harassed conservative political groups, including during the election year of 2012. The familiar script from Obama and his phalanx of public relations protectors in the White House--that the IRS abuses are not political, and only those who want answers have any political motivations--sounds increasingly obtuse, and pathetic.

2. If a free press is the foundation upon which representative government is built, the Obama administration has allowed the Department of Justice to take a sledgehammer to it. The wholesale investigation of a major news outlet like the Associated Press undermines the intent and spirit of laws meant to promote the discourse necessary for democracy. And this sets a very dangerous precedent.

3. Who made up the story about the YouTube video? Was Hillary Clinton incapable of calling her own employees to find out what happened? Where was President Obama during the 8-hour attack? What is being done to bring the attackers to justice? These are just some of the unknowns that require continued investigation despite the administration's efforts at stonewalling.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-administration-un...
----------

You are in complete denial.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#140174 May 14, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you proving it. I feel very confident about it...won't happen.
You can use any derogative comment you so desire...I AIN'T going no where.
Again, you are using the same tactics to rid the truth from this thread, so your ego can be pumped up some more.
I already did prove it. I provided a link to the post;-)

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#140175 May 14, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
???????
Too many question marks, not enough brains. That's in response to the "disagrees" you trolls posted on my previous post (go up a couple). You manipulate judge-its to disagree, but you aren't truthful.
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#140176 May 14, 2013
Copied from another post:

Corruption Flashback:

White House asks contactors to release political donations before bidding.

Obama did his stimulus with GM and Chrysler, he closed mostly the dealerships that contributed to the Republicans and some of them were the best dealerships they had.

Never reported by the liberal media....
Sunny

Longview, WA

#140177 May 14, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Nah. I can't remember the last time I was at Long Beach.I used to like to hunt Muriel mushrooms. The best place were areas that had had recent Forest fires. It's like a big Easter egg hunt. I love steak and Muriel Mushrooms.
The clam digging has been really good for years.
Never picked Muriel's.
Lot of chanterelle's here in the fall an eat them tell I get sick.
fquu

Mena, AR

#140178 May 14, 2013
and now OBAMA says----------I AM NOT A CROOK

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#140179 May 14, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
"No factual basis". LOL
1. The IRS singled out and harassed conservative political groups, including during the election year of 2012. The familiar script from Obama and his phalanx of public relations protectors in the White House--that the IRS abuses are not political, and only those who want answers have any political motivations--sounds increasingly obtuse, and pathetic.
2. If a free press is the foundation upon which representative government is built, the Obama administration has allowed the Department of Justice to take a sledgehammer to it. The wholesale investigation of a major news outlet like the Associated Press undermines the intent and spirit of laws meant to promote the discourse necessary for democracy. And this sets a very dangerous precedent.
3. Who made up the story about the YouTube video? Was Hillary Clinton incapable of calling her own employees to find out what happened? Where was President Obama during the 8-hour attack? What is being done to bring the attackers to justice? These are just some of the unknowns that require continued investigation despite the administration's efforts at stonewalling.
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-administration-un...
----------
You are in complete denial.
I'm in complete "patience is a virtue" mode. I've already seen enough knee jerk reactions and conclusions reached. I believe truth will see the light of day, and if we don't like what we see, actions will be taken. We don't have enough knowns about the issues that disturb you. I know twice as much about the night George Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin than anything that has you all wound up, although I have some bells and whistles going off about the AP witch hunt. Again, is this the President? I seriously doubt it. If is IS, you should be patient to see if we get to what you've been dreaming of since his first election;-) Of course, I'm not sure Joe Biden, President is what you actually had in mind. Good luck with that one;-)

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#140180 May 14, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct since Obama signed an agreement a couple years back with the United Nations allowing UN peace keeping troops to come into America in the event of an uprising. That is essence would draw the blame from him if he had to kill Americans. Like what's happening in Syria now.
I can't say if Obama signed that agreement or not that you speak about. But what I know is that we already had a UN agreement signed sometime around 1998/1999 for another Country to bring in their troops if we had a civil war. Each Country was assigned a different Country. They were concerned that the Countries military wouldn't follow orders to fire on Americans. But I believe that WACO, or perhaps the Kent State University shootings.
"The Kent State shootings—also known as the May 4 massacre or the Kent State massacre[2][3][4]—occurred at Kent State University in the U.S. city of Kent, Ohio, and involved the shooting of unarmed college students by the Ohio National Guard on Monday, May 4, 1970. The guardsmen fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis.[5]
Some of the students who were shot had been protesting against the Cambodian Campaign, which President Richard Nixon announced in a television address on April 30. Other students who were shot had been walking nearby or observing the protest from a distance.[6][7]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shoot...
So our Government has already had Americans killing Americans. Some in our Military would refuse but others wouldn't.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#140181 May 14, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing offensive about it. Probably just some low-level moderator who took it upon herself to 'clean up' the narrative.
Just like at the IRS huh? LMAO! I can't Blame it on those low levels but not not blame it on violation of principle that should be moderated at the very top. LOL the scenario is very similar to what they are saying about the IRS. Would this prove that topix too singles out conservatives for the purpose of giving warnings to refrain?
Interesting huh?
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#140182 May 14, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I already did prove it. I provided a link to the post;-)
Since, you rattled on and on about how smart you are...what happen?

I don't need to hide behind another name. I state exactly what I need to and the truth of it.

I sincerely hope you get the help needed before you do something more than disparaging others on forums.

Any individual on here can provide that link, yet it doesn't prove anything. I still stand behind the point which I am confident you can not prove anything......because there is nothing to prove.

Is this it?
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#140183 May 14, 2013
Obama Nation

When 4 Americans were murdered by Al Qaeda in Libya...

Obama responded by flying to Las Vegas and partying the night away with Beyoncé and Jay-Z.
higgans

Avon, IN

#140184 May 14, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
yeahsure, it's all lies...
IF...
you believe the Man In Charge isn't really In Charge...
or...
the people he appoints/delegates to do his binding are dis-loyal f%$Ks that are working against the Man In Charge...
or...
the Man In Charge can't appoint/delegate for CRAP!
which is your theory of choice?
remember what Harry said, X?lol
which is your choice, NTR?
or is all of these instances just.... WHAT?!?

oops!'binding' shud read BIDDING.
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#140185 May 14, 2013
Why haven't Americans realized....

The "freedom fighters" in Syria are Al Qaeda.

Al Qaeda is supposedly our sworn enemy.

Our government is funding and supplying their weapons.

The Benghazi fiasco is trying to cover this up.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#140186 May 14, 2013
Aprilvue wrote:
Who in the hell is in charge on Pennsylvania Ave? The POTUS doesn't have a clue about whats going on? You'd think after F&F, the prez might have asked Holder to keep him in the loop, especially when it involves wiretapping a news organization. Congress has been complaining about the IRS for two years. Shouldnt the prez have asked SOMEBODY to get to the bottom of it? Maybe Biden. He's done so well with other tasks.
As for Benghazi, I retain the photo of Obama in the situation room as OBL was taken down, but when his ambassador was under siege he couldn't be bothered to hang around and be with his guys in their final hours? Then he lies about what happened to the victims' families, and the nation, then lied to cover the lie? It is beyond reprehensible.
Bottom line. Who's in charge? Valerie? Jay? Michelle? Bo? It certainly doesn't seem to be BHO.
Indeed -- who IS in charge? This guy is either totally inept or he is being successful in taking down this country. Either way, it's frightful.
Just An Honest Man

Manhattan, KS

#140187 May 14, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>No. Omit the question mark and replace with "period".
Sorry, my mistake. LOL
LOL!!

No offense taken, good buddy!

LOL!!!

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Francisco, CA

#140188 May 14, 2013
The GOP's Benghazi Witch Hunt: A Solution in Search of a Problem

05/14/2013

The Republican feeding frenzy masquerading as an investigation into the Benghazi, Libya terror attack is nothing more than a shameless witch hunt manufactured to derail Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign. Prominent right-wingers are rapaciously devouring this alleged scandal in the hope that it not only tarnishes President Obama's counter-terrorism record but keeps his former Secretary of State out of the Oval Office in four years. The cries of "cover-up" is partisan politics at its worst.

"I think this is, Sean, one of the worst cover-ups, probably in the history of the republic," said Liz Cheney to Fox's Sean Hannity. Let's not ignore the irony in that it is Cheney's father, former vice president Dick Cheney, who prosecuted one of the most ill-conceived, ill-advised, unjust wars in American history. "We are not talking about a policy that went awry here, we are talking about an ambassador and three other Americans who were killed. We are talking about a nation under attack."

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) wrote an op-ed in The Washington Times last Friday that said Clinton should "never hold high office again."

Karl Rove's American Crossroads has an incendiary television spot charging that the attack occurred "on Hillary Clinton's Watch."

The over-the-top rhetoric is targeted to Obama as well, with Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.) suggesting that the president could be impeached over what he alleged was the "greatest cover-up in American history. People may be starting to use the I-word before too long. Of all the great cover-ups in history -- the Pentagon papers, Iran-Contra, Watergate, all the rest of them -- this ... is going to go down as most egregious cover-up in American history."

And former GOP presidential candidate and talk-show host Mike Huckabee said last week that Obama "will not fill out his full term."

The truth is, the average American likely knows more about Ben Affleck than it does Benghazi. And three years is an awful lot of time in politics. House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA), who's heading the probe into the September 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. Embassy, is delusional if he thinks voters will ultimately hold Clinton personally liable for the death of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. For this narrative to play out, and given the tightness of recent elections, it would require a critical amount of Democrats, not just Fox-friendly conservatives, to move the needle from her. Not very likely.

Leading the charge with Issa is Utah Congressman Jason Chaffetz, who's accused Clinton of putting politics before the nation's security needs...saying the country was "misled at every step." Putting politics before security is something Chaffetz knows a lot about. If he really wants to talk about what is misleading, he can start with the fact that it was he and his fellow House Republicans who've critically cut funding for U.S. embassy security since 2010.

As the Washington Post's Dana Milbank wrote last fall: "For fiscal 2013, the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for the State Department's Worldwide Security Protection program -- well below the $2.15&#8201;billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republicans cut the administration's request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012....Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans' proposed cuts to her department would be "detrimental to America's national security" -- a charge Republicans rejected."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-ostroy/the...
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#140189 May 14, 2013
Obama the Muslim

Muslim cleric allowed to pray in Arabic during Seal Team 6 funeral which mocked and damned them to Hell as infidels.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/09/families-sa...

Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#140190 May 14, 2013
A CNN reporter, while interviewing a marine sniper asked:
"what do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"

Answer:

The marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#140191 May 14, 2013
One of America's problem:

Congress on paid vacation two thirds of the year.

Another of America's problems:

Who needs enemies when you have the American Congress?

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Francisco, CA

#140192 May 14, 2013
"Not political theater you say? From 2002-2008, when George W. Bush occupied the White House, there were at least ten other terrorist attacks on U.S. embassies, consulates and compounds abroad in which sixty Americans were killed. I don't recall the righteous indignation and outrage from Republicans then.

Most reprehensible is how conservatives since last September have relentlessly attacked Obama during this time of national crisis. This runs counter to how the entire nation, including Democrats, rallied around Bush after the 9-11 attacks. Republicans used Benghazi before the last election for political purposes and are now setting the stage for the next one.

If only the GOP would've conducted such an aggressive investigation into the Bush administration's manufacturing of WMD evidence to justify its craven rush to war in Iraq. If they had, perhaps Bush, Cheney and former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, the war's chief architects, would be in jail. Some perspective is important here: a terrible tragedy, for sure, but four people died in Benghazi. In the Iraq war 4500 American soldiers died, not to mention the tens of thousands of others, including Iraqis, killed or maimed. Yet Washington never witnessed such outrage and a quest for the truth from Republicans, whose disingenuous motives on Benghazi are now utterly transparent.

There's no question that Obama believed the Benghazi attack was the work of terrorists. In a Rose Garden speech the day after the violence, alongside Clinton, he very pointedly referred to it as "an act of terror." (For the record, during a visit to Washington Hospital Center on September 13, 2001, just two days after the World Trade Center attacks, Bush described the incident as an "unbelievable act of terror")."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-ostroy/the...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 5 min President Donald ... 17,912
News LA County leaders vote to support plan to prote... 1 hr tomin cali 3
News Latinos who voted for Trump look toward Inaugur... 2 hr Well Well 6
News Cubans sold everything to reach U.S., now hundr... 3 hr DC Dave 13
News Anti-Illegal Immigration Groups Vilify County O... 3 hr tomin cali 1
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 4 hr USA 14,869
Are Mexicans aliens from another planet? (Sep '07) 6 hr gahjkshkj 7
More from around the web