The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 381684 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Rockmart, GA

#139709 May 12, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>I'll defend the Aryan Brotherhood over Obama any day.

At least the Aryan Brotherhood go to prison when they murder someone.

Obama gets a pass because he is black or partly black when he murders.

Murder is murder, no matter what rock you hide under.

Obama and Hillary---murders of Americans...lovers of Muslim terrorist.

America doesn't need enemies---the White House is full of them.
Using your theory means Bush Jr should be in prison too for the American deaths that resulted from his false accusations about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#139710 May 12, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. I tend to be for getting rid of the antiques in our government. We are not going to like everything about anyone, but I trust the younger more and I may live to regret it, but it's my choice. Right or wrong he stands up and demands respect. I like that.
I agree he is inspiring.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#139711 May 12, 2013
SUNDAY, MAY 12, 2013

How the Republican Party could go extinct

The party has a golden chance to make inroads with Latinos and gays with one immigration move. And it's blowing it

BY KERRY ELEVELD

From a pure political perspective, supporting inclusion of same-sex couples in the immigration reform bill should be a slam dunk for both Democrats and Republicans. Scuttling the package over this provision would alienate the growing Latino constituency by blocking a pathway to citizenship — and denying rights to LGBT Americans would be ignoring the direction of the country on civil rights.

And yet, according to a flurry of news stories from the past couple of weeks, the die is apparently cast on the matter: Allowing some 30,000 same-sex couples the same access to green cards that opposite-sex couples enjoy will halt the bill for 11 million immigrants. Even before the provision has been debated or a vote count begun, Republicans are holding firm to a position that’s literally killing their party. Meanwhile, Democrats run scared, to the detriment of the overall bill.

In plain English: The Republicans need this bill because their party doesn’t have a future if they can’t appeal to Latino voters. On the flip side, Democrats shouldn’t be sacrificing any progressive priorities before the horse-trading even begins because the more they start with, the more they will be able to keep in the end.

Now it may not seem like news that the GOP’s most reliable antigay senator, Lindsey Graham, is threatening to kill the 844-page bill he helped craft over the issue, but it is mind boggling that his three Republican counterparts in the gang of eight (Sens. Flake, McCain, and Rubio) have doubled down on the position that the LGBT provision will sink the bill. Think of it this way, the GOP – the party that has lost the popular vote in five out of the last six presidential elections – has the chance at this very moment to begin transitioning from the party of yesteryear to the party of tomorrow. From the party of declining margins to the party of expansion. And instead of opting for life, they are angling for extinction by threatening to walk away from the bill.

Must we really revisit the fact that the ever-growing tidal wave of Latino voters chose President Obama over Mitt Romney by a margin of 71 to 27 percentage points? Meanwhile, white Evangelicals – the voting bloc that sustained the GOP for almost 20 years – accounted for 26 percent of 2012 voters (a very solid turnout that exceeded their 2004 showing by 3 percent) yet they still didn’t have the juice to push Romney over the top. Simply put, Republicans need the new lifeline that Latino voters represent and, therefore, they need the bill worse than the Democrats. And if the GOP really thinks it can walk away from this bill and justify it to Latinos by saying the gays killed the bill, think again. That rationale may play on the Hill — where most lawmakers live in an insular world of their own making — but it isn’t going to work at the polls. The next election won’t be a referendum on LGBT people, it will be a referendum on lawmakers. Plus, in a bilingual poll that was commissioned by the LGBT immigration group for which I consult, 64% of Latino voters said they support including same-sex couples in immigration reform....(cont.)

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/12/republicans_f...

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Level 9

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#139712 May 12, 2013
A New Study wrote:
<quoted text>The two put together equal the bastion of misinformation.
So says you, a greybox nobody. Happy Mothers Day.

Level 9

Concord, CA

#139713 May 12, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
<quoted text>Psst! Thatt was my point. Freaksirithate is NOSY (and PUSHY)!
I disagree, and I wasn't talking to you. You're such a buttinsky.

Level 9

MY MONEY, come take it.

#139715 May 12, 2013
A New Study wrote:
<quoted text>The two put together equal the bastion of misinformation.
I almost forgot. I read a good one earlier that applies to you so much. Have a bowl of STFU.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#139716 May 12, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>It's us and talk radio, dude.
Fydayor the most part I concur. Individual thought inspired opinion trumps canned opinions hawked by profit motivated marketers.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#139717 May 12, 2013
<for>
A New Study

Anaheim, CA

#139718 May 12, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>So says you, a greybox nobody. Happy Mothers Day.
Touché level 9 registered nobody. Happy Mothers Day.

Level 9

MY MONEY, come take it.

#139721 May 12, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I believe it would be safe to say that Topix has a wider coverage than any major media anywhere with just the readers alone minus those that actually post on it. There are 26 people just reading this forum alone on this (for lack of another word) node.
I think it depend on whether you're on the national page or your local page. The national page reads 211 viewing at the moment, but I think that includes locals. Topix states they are the largest news outlet on the internet. I dont know about that, but I've been on others and they suck. I've been wanting to check out this comic's site, Adam, something or another. I'll get it and let you know.

Level 9

Concord, CA

#139722 May 12, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you didn't get the memo, again. You don't matter here.
I see you didn't get the earlier memo. No one cares what a troll like you thinks, and they don't take you "seriously."

However, if I don't matter, then stop posting to me, dummy. LOL!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#139723 May 12, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>I think it depend on whether you're on the national page or your local page. The national page reads 211 viewing at the moment, but I think that includes locals. Topix states they are the largest news outlet on the internet. I dont know about that, but I've been on others and they suck. I've been wanting to check out this comic's site, Adam, something or another. I'll get it and let you know.
That would be cool, thanks.

Level 9

MY MONEY, come take it.

#139724 May 12, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>That would be cool, thanks.
I dont remember the Adam guy's last name but awhile back he put out a U-Tube about the OWS that was just killer. I checked out his web site and he had a comment section with a political forum. With this guy it ought to be good. I was busy after that and forgot and so on and so on, but I'll get back on it.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#139725 May 12, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>I think it depend on whether you're on the national page or your local page. The national page reads 211 viewing at the moment, but I think that includes locals. Topix states they are the largest news outlet on the internet. I dont know about that, but I've been on others and they suck. I've been wanting to check out this comic's site, Adam, something or another. I'll get it and let you know.
I believe that topix contains the very best and diverse coverage of all news whether through discussion forums or links that are posted by viewers. Topix's format beats them all imo. I don't believe that topix can account for the number of readers on this connection alone when I am connected to them. for all they know there could be a whole village viewing it here and they wouldn't be able to conceivably tell how many are viewing from here whether they actually are or not besides just me. In other words there could be many unregistered people posting from here without being counted and all be individual posters or silent readers and not me as an individual. And only my connection would be counted as just one individual. See what I mean?
That alone gives "the firm" a whole new meaning and wouldn't even mean that I use socks because each one would be a separate individual each with a unique opinion as well. Just saying.
So I can't see how they can get an accurate poster count at all.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#139726 May 12, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>I dont remember the Adam guy's last name but awhile back he put out a U-Tube about the OWS that was just killer. I checked out his web site and he had a comment section with a political forum. With this guy it ought to be good. I was busy after that and forgot and so on and so on, but I'll get back on it.
Excellent! Thx and good nite I am beat.
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#139727 May 12, 2013
Reality wrote:
Hillary for Prison 2016
And Obama in 2013 .

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#139728 May 12, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll defend the Aryan Brotherhood over Obama any day.
At least the Aryan Brotherhood go to prison when they murder someone.
Obama gets a pass because he is black or partly black when he murders.
Murder is murder, no matter what rock you hide under.
Obama and Hillary---murders of Americans...lovers of Muslim terrorist.
America doesn't need enemies---the White House is full of them.
Wow. Thank you for being...honest? lol

Level 8

Location hidden

#139729 May 12, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully say this....you are nuts.
Not one word in my post about NTR and the deceased woman. How desecrating to this dead woman you are to use her as a basis to blame others for not idolizing NTR. You are obsessed with this woman, an internal sickness and now it is spreading into a mental illness.
Okay, be my guest and prove what other poster name I utilize, go ahead do it.
"I respectfully say this....you are nuts"

Wow, now that's a ridiculous statement coming from you.

Level 8

Location hidden

#139730 May 12, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>The Obama is not going to control me. I dont believe he is going to control Texas. Even the libs here will only take so much shyt.....I almost let that go there, but you're from Kentucky. I got someone trying to give me a ration of shyt about Rand Paul on another thread.
LMAO

I'm pretty sure Obama isn't too concerned with controlling you.

Level 8

Location hidden

#139731 May 12, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
<quoted text>It was pretty good until you showed up.Why don't you go to the other thread with your friends and help them let this thread die?
Ralff, you don't control who posts here. Remember what happened to you last time you tried to act like you were important?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans downplay Trump rally unrest in Cali... 22 min Trumping On 330
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 24 min Quirky 140,927
News Trump spurs a fresh wave of Latino activism 25 min Coconuts For Trump 12
News "I have never seen negatives that high," says a... 1 hr Quirky 141
News Federal Data Show Surge in Illegals Caught at U... 1 hr Three Days 1
News How Trump broke the rules of modern politics, a... 2 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
News Anti-Trump protests break out again in California 2 hr Quirky 14
More from around the web