The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 370366 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“One Night”

Level 4

Since: Aug 12

It Just Disappeared

#135148 May 1, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Very. Getting worse by the minute.
Minute By Minute ~ The James Hunter Six
http://youtu.be/pST4FrPZGKg

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#135149 May 1, 2013
Agnostick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not bad, but quite frankly, it's kind of candyass.
We need to employ the federal RICO statutes to stomp out illegal immigration.
1) First offense--The first time a business is caught with illegal immigrants on the books, that business shall be fined no less than $1 million dollars for each full or partial month that each worker was employed. Two illegals that had been there a combined total of 5 months? That's a $10 million fine. Don't care how you get the money. Sell the business if you have to.
2) Second offense--All holdings, including capital, inventory, buildings, equipment, supplies... to be seized by the Internal Revenue Service, to pay back taxes. The business will then be sold at auction, whole or in pieces, to law-abiding citizens and/or business owners.
3) Third offense--Same penalties as #2, but business owner(s) will be stripped of U.S. citizenship, and allowed to seek political asylum in any country that will take them. Mexico or China, for example.
I seriously doubt anyone will make it to a 3rd offense. Make that 1st offense "stick" two or three times, and this law will quickly become obsolete, as business owners will be scared shitless to cross it.
Kinda like Robert Downey Jr. says in the first "Ironman" movie:
"Some people prefer the weapon that you never have to use. I prefer the weapon that you only have to use once."
Ahh yes somewhere between doing nothing and what you just posted would be the right answer.
Reality

Waddy, KY

#135150 May 1, 2013
EricaTN wrote:
<quoted text>
This excerpt from your post reminds me of how several of my family members are. If you do not agree with them on any specific thing politically...scientifically.. .religiously...they simply can't handle it. Also, they are not happy until they have belittled you in some way. I honestly don't care what anyone believes in....to each their own..and I will not try to make someone feel stupid for having a different view than myself. So needless to say...politics are pretty much not a topic at our family gatherings. One of the last times politics were discussed amongst my family..we were at a restaurant and my liberal aunt threw a corn muffin at my conservative brother....binged it right off his head...just because she couldn't handle that they had a difference of opinion. Talk about embarrassing!!
I am no longer invited to their parties, cook outs, etc. Also, everyone of them that adore Obama, their adult children are ALL on food stamps and welfare--free to them but tax payers picking up their tab.
Reality

Waddy, KY

#135151 May 1, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh , Frakin Brother!
The above post prompted me to remember when Al Franken was elected as a politician. At first, I thought---why a comedian.

Then immediately I thought---the majority of them are jokers from the White House on down. He was a perfect fit.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#135152 May 1, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama can't fool all the people, all the time - except for his base.
And, it is the party's job to keep them stupid and desperate.

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#135153 May 1, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Frees.....Gr mind always goes to the vulgar and vile. It's just how he thinks and does it show.
I'm doing and that says alot. I hope you enjoy your day my friend.
I noticed you were up late and sent a prayer that your ouchies would settle down so you could sleep. I've been going through some of that myself. Maybe you were just up making yourself a sandwich, that would be a better reason.
Let's keep looking for the good things, my WA.
KulturKampf

Berlin, Germany

#135154 May 1, 2013
DJ ICE XIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Kampflied der Nationalsozialisten
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZPPKE8UUPLgXX&bpctr=13674 30912
This song bring tears to my eyes.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#135155 May 1, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
(sigh) Bonnie, I got it. It's not really complicated. And I'm good. Just like you.
Pfft..What are you good for? You are just another body that will need to be protected by those stronger and smarter than you. IMHO.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#135156 May 1, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
WA, I will post another waste of effort....
I noticed you did not find fault with any of my assertions of events. maybe because they were accurate? or, close enpugh for government work?:)
but the messenger? now, that IS your problem, isn't it?
if I surmise correctly, MY fact are (more or less) accurate, how do you propose I or any other logical person 'reason' with some one like NTR who denies such facts?
where is the common ground?
you and I started to have a discussion about Christian dogma and hompsexualtiy. but, like NTR here, you couldn't even acknowledge the hostorical teachings of YOUR chosen religion.
ergo, no common ground, no discussion, NO resolution.
THAT is the state of America today: no common starting point because one side or the other will NOT acknowledge common facts.
in conclusion, WA, you have chosen which side to support. like your religion, your Country/Constitution did not abandon you... you abandoned them.
enjoy your trip....
Because I didn't post about certain things you said doesn't mean that you are correct or that I even partially agree with them. It isn't helpful to discuss certain things that others have just made up their minds about. That just further splits us up.
In my Bible homosexuality is wrong but so is bearing false witness against others. Neither is a bigger sin then the other. Sin is sin regardless of how we view them. How I view it isn't important what is important is how the Constitution views things. Gays are being denied the same rights of others in our society. If we open the doors to Church dictating the rights of others then we open the door to the Muslim Sharia law to be acknowledged in our Country as well. I for one don't want any part of that religion. Not in our Country .... not in our courts. The only reason that gays are being denied the ability to marry is due to the Church nothing else.
As to sides you may be on one side or the other but I'm not. I'm here to call for unity between Americans and a stop to the personal put downs.
Now I've explained my positions and why I'm here. Tell me about yourself.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#135158 May 1, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed you were up late and sent a prayer that your ouchies would settle down so you could sleep. I've been going through some of that myself. Maybe you were just up making yourself a sandwich, that would be a better reason.
Let's keep looking for the good things, my WA.
Thank you for the prayer it helped. I feel asleep this morning when I should have been up and about. lol Your fist thought was correct I had some ouchies, I don't eat at night. I should have had a nice glass of wine though but I didn't even do that.
I intend to try to find the things we can agree about so we can move forward from a good starting point. I know their are things we all can agree with and thanks again for joining me in looking for them.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#135161 May 1, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text> Pfft..What are you good for? You are just another body that will need to be protected by those stronger and smarter than you. IMHO.
Bonnie what do you want from other poster here? Are you looking for some things that we can come together on or do you expect only disagreement and names?
I feel that you are a good person .... I always have from the first time we posted together. You have gotten nasty with some posters here just as they have with others. But really Bonnie doesn't it get really old doing that and what has it helped? We can't come together as Americans with our just trashing each other. We sure don't ask each other before we help someone that has had an accident which side of the issues they are on. Americans simply come to the rescue and don't even worry about any of the other stuff.
Let's start to come together we aren't made up of the right or the left, or liberal or conservative, we are all Americans. Nothing else matters then that one thing. We have to come together as such because we will all suffer the consequences of not doing so.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#135163 May 1, 2013
It looks like three more people were arrested in the Boston Bombing. The plot thickens.
Capitol Hill Gangsters

Long Beach, CA

#135164 May 1, 2013
What is the ‘Gang of Eight’(and who’s in it)?

There is a rich history of congressional gangs, including the “Gang of Seven” freshmen House Republicans who made hay of the House banking scandal in the early 1990s and forced long-sought ethics reforms. In 2005, a bipartisan “Gang of 14&#8243; negotiated a compromise that ended a years-long logjam in the confirmation of several federal court nominees. A “Gang of Six” in 2009 unsuccessfully sought to negotiate a bipartisan compromise on health-care reform.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/2chambers...

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#135165 May 1, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
3 more of the "individual terrorists acting alone" that bombed Boston have ben arrested;
3 more suspects in Boston Marathon bombings case taken into custody
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/breaking-...
New Boston suspects drove car with ‘Terrorista #1&#8242; license plate
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/01/new-boston-...
How could anyone have seen this coming? geesh!
Ok you beat me to the news.

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#135166 May 1, 2013
Paul Ryan gay adoption: Is his support a big deal?

By Peter Grier, The Christian Science Monitor

On Monday, former GOP VP candidate Paul Ryan said he now supports the right of same-sex couples to adopt children. Representative Ryan added that he still opposes gay marriage, however. The forum was a town-hall meeting in his home state of Wisconsin. Asked a question on gay rights, Ryan said that in 1999 or 2000, he had voted against allowing adoptions by same-sex couples in the District of Columbia, but that he’d be a “yea” on that issue if it came up today.

“I do believe that if there are children who are orphans who do not have a loving person or couple – I think if a person wants to love and raise a child, they ought to be able to do that. Period. I would vote that way. I do believe marriage is between a man and a woman; we just respectfully disagree on that issue,” Ryan said.

The Wisconsin lawmaker elaborated a bit on this position in remarks to a local television reporter, saying he’d felt that way for years, but he’s never talked about it publicly. He gave no indication if a defining moment or event caused the change of heart.

Is this a big deal? Well, it’s a medium-sized deal, at least – one more indication that the political ground on gay rights is shifting rapidly in the United States. Coming after Sen. Rob Portman (R) of Ohio announced that he now supports same-sex marriage, in part because he has a gay son, Ryan’s announcement shows that even fiscally conservative former national-ticket candidates now feel they must make some sort of accommodation to the growing social acceptance of gays in the US.

After all, 61 percent of respondents to a December 2012 Gallup poll said they were in favor of gay couples having adoption rights. And the trend line is moving in a more tolerant direction: In another 2012 Gallup survey, 36 percent of Americans said they've become more accepting of same-sex marriage over the course of their lifetimes.

Read more at
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/Decod...

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#135169 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>The goal with calling people"far right" is to try to convince them to move the the "center" with is actually the left. Just a childish game that I have never seen anyone fall for and many get so turned off that they simply ignore her.
X is a he not a she. Center isn't left or right it's the center get it straight ok. In fact the center is where one should be when it comes to politics imo. I'm center or moderate whichever term you prefer. When one goes to an extreme it's harmful and always has been.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#135170 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>What you consider "far better" than "otherwise", whatever that is, just isn't good enough. The middle class is still sinking with no signs of recovering their prior status in sight.
YEs, and we still have Republicans driving the bus in the House. Gridlock is still in effect. Unless we can pursue a more all inclusive agenda, it's not going to change. Hurry 2014 and let's go ahead, bite the bullet, and let the President have his Congress for at least the last two years of his term of office. It's a pity that "compromise" seems to be such a dirty word.
higgans

Marion, IN

#135174 May 1, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Because I didn't post about certain things you said doesn't mean that you are correct or that I even partially agree with them. It isn't helpful to discuss certain things that others have just made up their minds about. That just further splits us up.
In my Bible homosexuality is wrong but so is bearing false witness against others. Neither is a bigger sin then the other. Sin is sin regardless of how we view them. How...
Now I've explained my positions and why I'm here. Tell me about yourself.
let's take the last two sentences in your forst para... kinda defeats the intent of your earlier premise, doesn't it?

my point is that IF a discussion is to be had, certain facts need to be mutually accepted by both sides.

in the 'discussion' between NTR and me, she does not ackonowledge ANY cover up by Obama & Co. therefore, the rest of her argument is false because it is based on a false basis.

NTR is supposedly an attorney and understands, surely, the 'fruit of the poison tree' argument.

you, WA, as an interested third party or even peace maker, first need to state whether you agree with NTR or me. if you too, see no cover up, our discussion then becomes moot. for the same reason.

I did NOT make up the points I listed. all happened in real time and not that long ago. even NTR did not dispute the facts. she basically said she opts to interpret them differently. how does one DO that?

so far, you appear to give folks like NTR a pass on any POV they take and, usually, u never state your opinion. silence can be construed as assent.

that then brings us to your following statement about sin and linking homosexulaity with bearing false witness. why did you do THAT? the discussion was 1) Christianity labels Homosexual behaviour as wrong, or, sinful, 2) you claim membership in the Christian Faith and 3) support homosexual behaviour up to and including marriage. finally, my point, 4) how does one reconcile these two opposing beliefs?

you then say rel should not influence law and cite the Constitution.

I say there is NO Constitutional authority for FG meddling in marriage, period AND, sexual orientation is NOT a sub-set of humanity that is singled out for Constitutional attention (race, sex, creed, national origin, etc...). then, I follow it up with the Tenth Amend.

you still choose to ignore those facts. and still preach the Constitution to me and others.

when discussing FACTS, whether one is for or against something is secondary.

with NTR, she could say 'Even tho Obama LIED, I still supported him.' then we could move on to why support a liar, etc... see?

you, WA, will not even concede that homosexuality is NOT protected by the Constitution. what you should be pushing is an Amend to make ur assertion TRUE. the same with FG meddling in marriage (among many, MANY other areas).

that is the beauty of our Living Constitution: it IS changeable, like the times and the People's mores and attitudes.

you then will not admit that it is YOU that has moved beyond your Faith. Christianity MAY, some day, agree with your new, evolved POV. if you haven't, you need to find a sub-sect of Christianity that agrees with you. they are out their.

or, become like NTR NOW claims to be: no longer aligned with ANY set rel dogma. and loose the Christian label altogether.

Jesus is dead and CANNOT restate or evolve HIS opinion, can he?

I bear NO false witness. I only repeat what others tell me about themselves... by word or silence. silence, because I cannot read minds.... yet.:)

now, if you wish to start over again...
higgans

Marion, IN

#135176 May 1, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
It looks like three more people were arrested in the Boston Bombing. The plot thickens.
would it be safe to say Janet mis-spoke?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#135179 May 1, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>YEs, and we still have Republicans driving the bus in the House. Gridlock is still in effect. Unless we can pursue a more all inclusive agenda, it's not going to change. Hurry 2014 and let's go ahead, bite the bullet, and let the President have his Congress for at least the last two years of his term of office. It's a pity that "compromise" seems to be such a dirty word.
So in that tiny little worn out head of yours compromise means giving Obama a Congress that will agree with him.

Go outside and get some oxygen. You sound dumber with every post you make.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans need to look into a mirror (Nov '12) 1 hr Finnish Virgin 103
News Rubio endures an assault in a rollicking Republ... 1 hr Ritual Habitual 65
Poll Mexican men are SICK PERVERTS! (Jul '08) 1 hr Idgaf20 4
News 'I don't think so, darling': Donald Trump dismi... 1 hr They light 63
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... 2 hr Patriot 4,201
News Former Mexican President to Trump: we aren't pa... 2 hr They light 18
News Report: Gov't Granted $750 Million Obamacare Fu... 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 5
More from around the web