The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 384482 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#134965 Apr 30, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have an opinion or is your opinion this copy and paste?
There is only so far society can go to appease a resistant Republican base that insists they are right on matters that they are so obviously wrong about. For example, with the matter of evolution. There are some things that the majority of society as a whole have accepted and moved on from but conservatives and many republicans stubbornly and selfishly refuse to accept as reality.
Republicans are living in the past and would like to go back to the way things were. This is not a possibility. I could go on and on about all the ideological inconsistencies in the Republican persona but what's really most important is a reluctance to embrace change and the work that comes with it.
Democrats are just as patriotic and unified. In my opinion it's a more genuine patriotism that is not for show. Democrats include everyone while many Republicans only include their own and by "their own" I mean, race, ethnic, socio-economic status and so forth.
The bottom line is that people see through the Republican b.s and are moving in a different direction and it's up to REpubs to recognize that and accept it or not.
That was my opinion. Why write a dissertation when I have part of an article which explains my opinion?

Who says we are "obviously wrong"? You? That is part of the problem. Liberals truly believe we are "obviously wrong" on everything and that is not the case.

Evolution? The "majority of society" do not believe in evolution.
----------
There is a notable difference between the opinion of scientists and that of the general public in the United States. A 2009 poll by Pew Research Center found that "Nearly all scientists (97%) say humans and other living things have evolved over time – 87% say evolution is due to natural processes, such as natural selection. The dominant position among scientists – that living things have evolved due to natural processes – is shared by only about third (32%) of the public."[45]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support...
----------

Conservatives who do not accept evolution do not do so out of being stubborn and/or selfish. That is a ridiculous comment! It is not done to selfishly undermine liberals. The vast majority do so out of religious beliefs. Some even accept a God driven evolution. As 73% of Americans identify themselves as Christians in 2012, your opinion on this matter is ludicrous. Our beliefs are deep and established.

In my opinion, conservatives have no problem in embracing and working toward changes as long as it does not conflict with our established values. We do not blindly accept every liberal ideology as the best approach for our country. Just because YOU and other liberals accept progressive changes as the optimum course for our country, it doesn't assure the actual consequences really are. Only the future can determine if these improved or harmed our country.

Rather than accepting that conservatives believe as strongly in their ideologies as liberals do, you view us as stubborn and selfish which is absolutely not true. We love our country and the people in it no matter their race, ethnicity, or socio-economic status. You are WRONG to believe otherwise.

The bottom line is you and other liberals are intolerant and unable to acknowledge our right to deep, established beliefs which define our lives.

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#134966 Apr 30, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
I like to dedicate this song to the thread that won't die;
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Love it!
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#134967 Apr 30, 2013
Obama impeachment bill now in Congress

Declares president's use of military without approval 'high crime, misdemeanor'

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/obama-impeachment-...
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#134968 Apr 30, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof?
Take you time.
You first stinky.

“Speak softly”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Carry a big sword

#134969 Apr 30, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>Quit whining lil' tard. How many good men have you turned gay?
So I remember you apologizing to ghost for using the word 'tard', and yet you've used it at least twice today. I find it offensive, but then, it goes well with your playground humor.

I can count my adult relationships on one hand, Bonnie, so the answer I'm certain is none. I realize it's going to take you a lot longer to answer the question.

“Speak softly”

Level 8

Carry a big sword

#134970 Apr 30, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like a piece of undigested corn. Yuck. lol
LOL

and about as dumb

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#134971 Apr 30, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, the thread is not a lie, it's only a title. This one is referred to as the Failed thread, we could call the other one Created.
Disagree all you want. It is to be expected of those who embrace a lie like you. It is also soon be under investigation if that is what I have to do to prove it is a lie. You and your ilk have crossed the line.

“Speak softly”

Level 8

Carry a big sword

#134972 Apr 30, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I believe I have exposed the truth about the whole bunch of you libs who support lies. LOL Topix knows too. Revel in that, leftie.
Would you repost it please? I missed it the first time.
8P
American Lady

Danville, KY

#134973 Apr 30, 2013
REAL WOMEN DON'T NEED 'FEMINISM'
Agenda to 'make them believe they're victims of oppressive patriarchal society'

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/real-women-dont-ne...

They can have their NOW and whatever ...
BUT ...

I feel woman ENOUGH ...
'cowardly' women, like sandra fluke goes around trying to "screw UP" the way less intelligent women think!

I am a Woman.
[NOT a victim!]
and made IT in this man's world!

WE were "better OFF" living that type of lifestyle.

“Speak softly”

Level 8

Carry a big sword

#134975 Apr 30, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>Link Please..
No, I think not.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#134976 Apr 30, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>That was my opinion. Why write a dissertation when I have part of an article which explains my opinion?
Because you have posted articles before in the same manner then denied that it was "your opinion".
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Who says we are "obviously wrong"? You? That is part of the problem. Liberals truly believe we are "obviously wrong" on everything and that is not the case.
It's tough to show the obvious to people who refuse to recognize and accept what is "obvious". I myself fall in between some of the areas of evolution and intelligent design but some things are just utterly obvious, yet many conservatives still believe the world was created in 7 days.
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution? The "majority of society" do not believe in evolution.
----------
There is a notable difference between the opinion of scientists and that of the general public in the United States. A 2009 poll by Pew Research Center found that "Nearly all scientists (97%) say humans and other living things have evolved over time – 87% say evolution is due to natural processes, such as natural selection. The dominant position among scientists – that living things have evolved due to natural processes – is shared by only about third (32%) of the public."[45]
Well, you're right there, I should have said most "scientists" which are considered the experts on the issue. lol

Thanks for clearing that up.

Still, as information is more readily available, more people are seeing that most of the theories behind natural selection and evolution are sound and supported by scientific testing and studies. Nothing is perfect but where scientific theory falls short there is no valid evidence from creationists to support their theories.

Level 8

Location hidden

#134977 Apr 30, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted
Conservatives who do not accept evolution do not do so out of being stubborn and/or selfish. That is a ridiculous comment! It is not done to selfishly undermine liberals. The vast majority do so out of religious beliefs. Some even accept a God driven evolution. As 73% of Americans identify themselves as Christians in 2012, your opinion on this matter is ludicrous. Our beliefs are deep and established.
In my opinion, conservatives have no problem in embracing and working toward changes as long as it does not conflict with our established values. We do not blindly accept every liberal ideology as the best approach for our country. Just because YOU and other liberals accept progressive changes as the optimum course for our country, it doesn't assure the actual consequences really are. Only the future can determine if these improved or harmed our country.
No one is "blindly" accepting anything. That is a perception many conservatives try to project onto liberals. Many changes have been in the works and thoroughly been scrutinized for decades but conservatives somehow feel their ideals and their established values take precedence. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's a great big world out there and and a great big country. It's changing, like it or not and my ludicrous opinion is shared by many, and becoming more common. My post referred to the Republican base, not the more liberal thinking ones who are much more capable of thinking critically as well as rationally.
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Rather than accepting that conservatives believe as strongly in their ideologies as liberals do, you view us as stubborn and selfish which is absolutely not true. We love our country and the people in it no matter their race, ethnicity, or socio-economic status. You are WRONG to believe otherwise.
LOL
This is just not true. IMO Conservatives/republicans are known for their high numbers of white constituents and low numbers of minority ones. The klan doesn't vote Democrat do they? lol
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>The bottom line is you and other liberals are intolerant and unable to acknowledge our right to deep, established beliefs which define our lives.
When your "deep" beliefs infringe on another citizen's pursuit of happiness, and that pursuit of happiness does not infringe on you in any way than you will have to deal with your "issues".

“Speak softly”

Level 8

Carry a big sword

#134978 Apr 30, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Disagree all you want. It is to be expected of those who embrace a lie like you. It is also soon be under investigation if that is what I have to do to prove it is a lie. You and your ilk have crossed the line.
Good luck. I have no idea who created the thread, but the most you can do is ask Topix to delete the thread. If it bothers you that much I suggest you do that. I doubt you will have much support beyond that seeing as you are here implying that I am a streetwalker among other slurs.

Please do yourself a favor and stop using the word 'ilk'.

Level 8

Location hidden

#134979 Apr 30, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>You first stinky.
In other words, like usual, you got, nothing.

Level 8

Location hidden

#134980 Apr 30, 2013
positronium wrote:
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I am more important than you and far superior to you as well. Get over it, lib.
At least I can recognize a failure when I see one, like Obama.<quoted text>Any smart person (like me) would know that was all that mattered. Especially when dealing with those such as you.
Apparently you can't recognize a failure because in reality, you and Obama haters are incapable of seeing that all your efforts to damage the man's image enough to matter have failed.

Not only did he get elected twice, but he implemented his health care reform. Who's the failure here?

Stop pretending like you're the only one who matters. There are millions of other Americans that are not complaining and can see the situation for exactly what it is.

You really give yourself too much credit Posit for being wrong of all things.

Level 8

Location hidden

#134981 Apr 30, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck. I have no idea who created the thread, but the most you can do is ask Topix to delete the thread. If it bothers you that much I suggest you do that. I doubt you will have much support beyond that seeing as you are here implying that I am a streetwalker among other slurs.
Please do yourself a favor and stop using the word 'ilk'.
"Investigated"

LOL

I'm sure authorities are desperate to find the person who posted that thread about an anonymous identity, good luck to "pos" whoever "pos" is. lol
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#134982 Apr 30, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, like usual, you got, nothing.
Bonnie just has much better things to do than trade Ignorant moronic banter with a low life such as you!

“One Night”

Level 4

Since: Aug 12

It Just Disappeared

#134983 Apr 30, 2013
Slow Broiled ~ Foreign Beggars
http://youtu.be/3Ky1gIKLCpk

Level 8

Location hidden

#134984 Apr 30, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonnie just has much better things to do than trade Ignorant moronic banter with a low life such as you!
Really? It would appear to me that, that's exactly what she did was trade banter but with a much more savvy and intelligent me.

How's your Barbies Q?
Psycho Texan

Dallas, TX

#134986 Apr 30, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? It would appear to me that, that's exactly what she did was trade banter but with a much more savvy and intelligent me.
How's your Barbies Q?
How are your various wheelchairs?
You girls keeping them greased and ready to roll?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 14 min woodtick57 1,094
News Trump: Illegal immigrants treated better than v... 21 min Cat74 3
News Trump Makes Appeal to Bikers, Veterans at Rolli... 37 min wild child 1
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr Nopal 8,686
News Donald Trump breaks with nation's only Latina g... 2 hr Go Blue Forever 141
News Letter: Donald Trump will win presidency 2 hr Cat74 140
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 5 hr X Crypsis X 141,185
More from around the web