The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 384638 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#131714 Apr 23, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that you deemed yourself as a fraud when you post a picture that is at least a decade old.
Why the false persona? What are you hiding?
If you are wanting to be young again, okay with me just say so--don't hide it. I have more respect for the truth about something than the falsehood.
The photo that's up will in all likelihood be the last photo I put up. It was taken last week. You're simply worthless with nothing to contribute to a discussion that's of merit from what I've read thus far, but you do seem obsessed with a couple of us who post on this thread. That's not healthy. Get a new hobby.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#131715 Apr 23, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't help yourself, can you.
You seem to be the one with the problem.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#131716 Apr 23, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>The photo that's up will in all likelihood be the last photo I put up. It was taken last week. You're simply worthless with nothing to contribute to a discussion that's of merit from what I've read thus far, but you do seem obsessed with a couple of us who post on this thread. That's not healthy. Get a new hobby.
Good morning NTR.

I think it's a great photo and I really wouldn't worry what some grey box heifer with a bad attitude has to say.

I'm on my way out the door.

You have a great day!

:)

“Speak softly”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Carry a big sword

#131717 Apr 23, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>The photo that's up will in all likelihood be the last photo I put up. It was taken last week. You're simply worthless with nothing to contribute to a discussion that's of merit from what I've read thus far, but you do seem obsessed with a couple of us who post on this thread. That's not healthy. Get a new hobby.
Selfishly, your words and your smiling face are a daily inspiration to me to endure whatever life brings to my door. Leave that photo right where it is, lovely lady.

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#131719 Apr 23, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh bullchit!
No one can be quite as stupid as you are with all your bellowing and nasty insults.
You didn't know what or who they were, and you still don't, imbecile except that the older brother was fascinated by the Islam religion. And that's ALL you know.
But you right-wing lunatics think you won something by going all apeshit about Muslims and "islamofascists." YOU are the radicals that are destroying America.
It's YOU who are stupid. You don't even know what you're talking about, but that doesn't stop you from talking out of your ass.
Rosie, Rosie, ring around the Rosie, The brother wasn't just fascinated by it, he practiced it. As for destroying America, you're doing a good job. You aline yourself with these POS's so.. you're in the same boat.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#131720 Apr 23, 2013
'Fairness' has reared it's ugly head again. Obama's Internet sales tax will decimate another industry. It's amazing how much you liberals will swallow (Jack?) if you're told you're helping someone, somewhere. Under Obama, fairness, of any kind, can be purchased but only when someone else is made to pay for it. Fairness has become a rare commodity that no one can live without, and he (the government) has the exclusive authority to confiscate it from one and distribute it to another, at a price, of course.
Keep An Open Mind

San Bernardino, CA

#131721 Apr 23, 2013
99.5% of illegal immigrants get approval for legal status; high number raises concerns about fraud

By Stephen Dinan

The Washington Times

Monday, April 22, 2013

The administration has approved 99.5 percent of applications of those who have applied for legal status under President Obama’s nondeportation policy for young adults, granting legal status to more than 250,000 formerly illegal immigrants.

Officials said they expect the approval rate to drop as more cases make their way through the system, as it takes longer to deny an application than to approve it. Indeed, the approval rate already has dropped from 99.8 percent just a month ago.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
SUNNY

Longview, WA

#131722 Apr 23, 2013
NoMo GOP Trix wrote:
<quoted text>
And then, the same Russia would later allow the same suspect to spend six long months in that country?
_ So, Putin is outsourcing Russia's Security to America or piggybacking the US for their Intelligence needs?
_ Is Russia trying to bankrupt us by avoiding doing their own investigation on their own subjects?
_ What intel did Russia find on suspect during his stay there?
Martinezjosei knows what he's talking about you don't Trex.
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#131723 Apr 23, 2013
America:#1 In Fear, Stress, Anger, Divorce, Obesity, Anti-Depressants, Etc.
By Michael, on April 22nd, 2013

The United States is a deeply unhappy place. We are a nation that is absolutely consumed by fear, stress, anger and depression. It isn't just our economy that is falling apart - the very fabric of society is starting to come apart at the seams and it is because of what is happening to us on the inside. The facts and statistics that I am going to share with you in this article are quite startling. They are clear evidence that America is a nation that is an advanced state of decline. We are overwhelmed by fear, stress and anxiety, and much of the time the ways that we choose to deal with those emotions lead to some very self-destructive behaviors. Americans have experienced a standard of living far beyond the wildest dreams of most societies throughout human history, and yet we are an absolutely miserable people. Why is this? Why is America #1 in so many negative categories? Why are we constantly looking for ways to escape the pain of our own lives? Why are our families falling apart? There is vast material wealth all around us. So why can't we be happy?

Just look around you. Are most of the people around you teeming with happiness and joy? Sadly, the truth is that most Americans are terribly stressed out. Yeah, many of them may be able to manage to come up with a smile when they greet you, but most of the time they are consumed by internal struggles that are eating away at them like cancer.

So why is this happening? Is modern life structured in a way that is fundamentally unhealthy?

Below I have posted a short excerpt from a message that one of Charles Hugh Smith's readers named Kenneth Daigle recently sent to him. I think that it does a good job of describing the incredible stress that many people contend with on a daily basis...

Read more: http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/a...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#131724 Apr 23, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
(looks around) Sup?
Nice avatar. I can relate to it.

San Bernardino, CA

#131725 Apr 23, 2013
Flag’s Believed Ties To Tea Party Lead To Removal From New Rochelle Building
Veterans' Group Takes Offense To Treatment Of 'Don't Tread On Me', Sues City
April 22, 2013 9:38 PM

NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y.(CBSNewYork)— A Westchester County veterans’ group is taking the city of New Rochelle to court.

The lawsuit is all over a flag that was being flown over an empty building, CBS 2’s Janelle Burrell reported Monday.

It’s a flag steeped in American history.

“George Washington’s army, the Continental Army actually fought under that flag,” said Ron Tocci of the United Veterans Memorial & Patriotic Association.

But in New Rochelle, it’s brewing debate, because of its association with the Tea Party movement.

Last month, New Rochelle officials had the “Don’t Tread on Me” flag removed from the city’s vacant armory building, because they feared that the flag may be seen as political.

Now, members of a local veterans group are suing the city.

“It has no association with any one particular group. No one owns that flag but the United States of America and that’s the freedom that we want to prevail,” said Peter Parente, president of the United Veterans Memorial & Patriotic Association.

They argue that the so-called Gadsden flag has historical significance.

“It flies at military bases, so in no way shape or form do we see this flag to be offensive. It shouldn’t be offensive to anybody,” Tocci said.

City leaders disagree.

“The bottom line is there was no permission asked for or granted to fly this flag on city property, and therefore it was removed,” New Rochelle City Manager Chuck Strome said.

Strome said some on the city council perceive the flag to be divisive.

“Some members of the public and city council have felt that flag was adopted by the Tea Party and took offense to having a political statement on public property,” Strome said.

Read more: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/04/22/flags-...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#131726 Apr 23, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
Why are so many posters trying to put words into the mouths of others instead of just reading what they posted? This is crazy...
That happens a lot here. By the left.

San Bernardino, CA

#131727 Apr 23, 2013
Dissecting the Gang of 8&#8242;s enforcement sham
By Michelle Malkin • April 23, 2013 09:51 AM

I’ve read through the nearly 900-page “immigration reform” bill released by the Senate’s so-called Gang of 8 last week. Anyone can read it here. The question, of course, is whether non-deluded conservatives can read right through the phony promises, false triggers, and open-borders illusions. As I’ve pointed out repeatedly over the past two decades, the federal government, under both GOP and Democrat majorities, has never bothered to fulfill its legislative mandate to create a functioning entry-exit system — something Congress has promised to do six times over the past 17 years.(Grievance groups helped kill even a limited entry-exit registration system under the Bush administration called NSEERS that specifically targeted terror-friendly countries.)

Here’s an idea: Let’s see Washington and its bipartisan Gang of 8 brigade pass the entry-exit system they all say they support as a stand-alone first. Let’s see Washington actually build and operate that entry-exist system as a stand-alone first and make them prove they can keep even a single one of their promises before entertaining 900 more pages of them.

Prove. It.

As for all those illegal alien lobbying groups demanding “justice” and “pathways” and “processes” now, now, now, it’s time for politicians to tell them that their comfort and security are not America’s number one concern. There are 23 million law-abiding Americans out of work. They come before the “11 million” illegal immigrants “in the shadows.” There are 4.6 million legal immigrant applicants to America waiting to get in the right way. They deserve priority over the “11 million” who bypassed the “pathways” and “processes” that already exist.

At the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing yesterday, immigration enforcement lawyer, NSEERS expert, and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach provided a thorough dissection of the Gang of 8&#8242;s enforcement sham. I’m reprinting it in full below. See also Paul Mirengoff at Power Line for a good recap and A.J. Delgado’s top 10 errors in the Gang of 8 bill.

Oh, and in case you missed it, according to GOP Sen. Marco Rubio’s staff, if you believe in strict enforcement of immigration laws, you’re just like a slaveholder.

Continue.......

San Bernardino, CA

#131728 Apr 23, 2013
Testimony of Kris W. Kobach
Before the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary
Hearing on Comprehensive Immigration Reform Legislation
April 22, 2013

Mr. Chairman and Members of the Committee, although I serve as Kansas Secretary of State, I come before you today chiefly in my capacity as former Counsel to United States Attorney General John Ashcroft, and as an attorney representing cities and states that have successfully reduced illegal immigration within their jurisdictions. I also represent the ten ICE agents who are suing Secretary Napolitano for the reason that her directive of June 2012 directly orders the agents to violate federal law. That case is Crane v. Napolitano, No. 3:12-cv-03247-O (N.D. Tex.).

The legislation pending before this committee has been portrayed as a balanced bill that combines an amnesty with significant enforcement measures. That portrayal is completely inaccurate. In the testimony that follows I will offer three significant vulnerabilities created by the amnesty provisions and six reasons why the enforcement components of this bill are illusory.

Continue.........

San Bernardino, CA

#131729 Apr 23, 2013
Three Flaws in the The Bill’s Amnesty Provisions.

(1) The Background Checks Are Insufficient to Prevent Terrorists from Gaining Amnesty.

The background check provisions of the bill in Section 2101(b)(8) contain no requirement that amnesty applicants actually provide government-issued documentation proving who they say they are. That means that any illegal alien can invent a new name with a totally clean record and present that name when applying for the amnesty. Immigration officials will have absolutely no way to force the alien to disclose his real identity. In other words, an alien who has a terrorist background can call himself “Rumpelstiltskin” without having to prove that that is his real name. Indeed, under Section 2101(b)(12), the terrorist alien gains a new photo-ID document issued by the federal government that gives credibility to his fictitious identity. He also gains legal immigration status and the ability to travel outside of the United States to coordinate with international terrorist groups and then to return to the United States. As marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev demonstrated, an alien’s ability to travel internationally and gain terrorist training before returning to the United States can have deadly consequences for innocent Americans.

It should also be pointed out that even if a terrorist uses his real name when seeking the amnesty, a background check is in most cases unlikely to produce information sufficient to stop the granting of legal status. Again, the case of Tamerlan Tsarnaev illustrates the point. Although Tsarnaev entered the country legally, he was compelled to undergo background checks similar those that amnesty applicants would undergo. Tsarnaev cleared those background checks. He was also interviewed by FBI agents in 2011 at the request of a foreign government. The FBI found no links to terrorism and released him. That is far more scrutiny than applicants for the amnesty offered by this legislation would receive.

The United States has granted amnesty to terrorists before. That is exactly what happened in 1986 when we last granted an amnesty to millions of illegal aliens. Under that amnesty, the United States granted legal status to Mahmoud “The Red” Abouhalima, who fraudulently sought and obtained the amnesty for seasonal agricultural workers. He was actually working as a cab driver in New York City. He was a ringleader in the 1993 terrorist attack against the World Trade Center, and he used his new legal status to travel abroad for terrorist training. His brother Mohammed, another participant in the 1993 attack, also gained legal status under the 1986 amnesty.

Continue..........

San Bernardino, CA

#131730 Apr 23, 2013
(2) Absconders and Aliens Who Have Already Been Deported Claim the Amnesty.

One provision of the bill is particularly counterproductive with respect to immigration enforcement. Unlike the amnesty of 1986, and unlike the various smaller amnesties that have been enacted since then (such as the “Section 245i” amnesty), this bill actually allows illegal aliens who have already been deported from the United States to return and gain the amnesty. Sections 2101(b)(6)(B)-(C) do so. Theses provision are a waste of the millions of dollars in immigration court proceedings and other costs that were spent in the process of removing those aliens from the United States.

Worse, the bill allows alien absconders who have remained in the United States as fugitives, despite the fact that a removal order has been issued to them by an immigration court, to receive the benefit of the amnesty. Sections 2101(c)(7)(C)(i) and 2211(b)(5)(C)(i) grant this benefit to absconders. This would create a significant and perverse incentive for aliens who are removed in the future. Any alien who is ordered removed after this bill is enacted would be effectively told,“Ignore your removal order and remain in the United States until the next amnesty.” This provision would make a mockery of immigration court proceedings.

Continue..........

San Bernardino, CA

#131731 Apr 23, 2013
(3) The Bill Legalizes Dangerous Aliens Who Received Deferred Action Under DACA.

Sections 2101(b)(13 and 2103(b)(2)(C) permits beneficiaries of Secretary Napolitano’s unlawful DACA directive of June 2012 to become eligible for the amnesty and for lawful permanent resident status. The DACA Directive was issued by Secretary Napolitano in direct violation of federal law, specifically 8 U.S.C.§ 1225, which requires that immigration officials place certain aliens into removal proceedings. 8 U.S.C.§ 1225(a)(1) requires that “an alien present in the United States who has not been admitted … shall be deemed for purposes of this chapter an applicant for admission.” This designation triggers 8 U.S.C.§ 1225(a)(3), which requires that all applicants for admission “shall be inspected by immigration officers.” This in turn triggers 8 U.S.C.§ 1225(b)(2)(A), which mandates that “if the examining immigration officer determines that an alien seeking admission is not clearly and beyond a doubt entitled to be admitted, the alien shall be detained for a proceeding under section 1229a of this title.” The proceedings under 8 U.S.C.§ 1229a are removal proceedings in United States Immigration Courts.

As was recently revealed in an April 8, 2013, hearing before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, DHS has employed that unlawful DACA Directive to release numerous aliens who have been arrested, but not yet convicted, of very serious felonies including: assault on a federal officer, sexual assault on a minor, and trafficking in cocaine. If this bill is enacted, those dangerous aliens will be eligible for the amnesty; no provision of the bill disqualifies criminals who have been arrested but not yet convicted.

Continue..........

San Bernardino, CA

#131732 Apr 23, 2013
Six Reasons Why The Bill’s Enforcement Provisions are not Serious.

(1) The So-Called Enforcement “Triggers” in the Bill are Trivial.

The bill is contains two triggers that have been described as ensuring enforcement of our immigration laws. They do no such thing. The first trigger (in Section 3(c)(1)) is simply the submission of written strategies to Congress by the Homeland Security Secretary. After submitting these pieces of paper, DHS may begin accepting applications and offering immediate legal status to illegal aliens. The second trigger (in Section 3(c)(2)), which allows DHS to adjust the legalized aliens’ status to lawful permanent resident is equally insubstantial. It is merely a statement from the Secretary that the strategies are “substantially deployed and substantially operational.” These terms are not defined in the bill and have no concrete meaning. Indeed the Obama Administration’s current border enforcement strategy is “substantially deployed and substantially operational.” But it is largely ineffective. In addition, DHS must implement a “mandatory employment verification system,” but that too is left undefined and is so vague that the current I-9 paper system could be said to qualify. Finally, DHS must implement an “electronic exit system” at air and sea ports of entry. Arguably, the current U.S. Visit kiosks already satisfy this vague description. Moreover an exit verification system that does not include land ports of entry is utterly pointless, since DHS can never conclusively determine whether or not an alien has left if the land ports of entry are not included.

Continue..........

San Bernardino, CA

#131733 Apr 23, 2013
(2) The 90 Percent Metric is Completely Meaningless.
Even more misleading is the bill’s promise to achieve an “effectiveness rate” of 90 percent or higher in “high risk border sectors.” The bill requires that, within five years after enactment, DHS must certify that it is catching or turning around 90 percent of all border crossers in these sectors. If not, a Border Commission will be created to reshape DHS strategy at the border. The first problem with this metric is that it is sheer fantasy to imagine that we can calculate that percentage. We have no idea how many people the Border Patrol doesn’t catch. And we likely never will. Thus, it is impossible to know whether we have achieved 90 percent or not, because we have absolutely no idea what the denominator is.

The second problem with this metric is that it is only applied at a few so-called “high risk border sectors” where the annual number of apprehensions is over 30,000. Only three of the nine border sectors meet that definition at present. As illegal immigration patterns over the last two decades demonstrate, smugglers constantly adjust their routes in response to Border Patrol activity. If by some miracle, the Border Patrol manages to deploy complete video surveillance and improved security in the three high risk sectors, the smugglers will simply move their operation to the other sectors. In which case, DHS will be declaring 90 percent success in a sector that the smugglers have long abandoned, while smuggling traffic surges elsewhere.

Finally, even if calculating this metric were possible and it were to be done across the entirety of the southern border, the DHS under current leadership has demonstrated that it cannot be trusted to fairly report its statistics. For the past two years, we have heard DHS repeatedly claim that deportations are at an all-time high. It sounds pretty impressive: almost 410,000 removals in FY 2012 alone. However, we now know that DHS has been cooking the books. In FY 2011, DHS started transporting many of the aliens who were caught at the border (and who would have counted as “voluntary returns,” not “removals”) to a different border sector before releasing them. But DHS decided to count these voluntary returns as “removals” since ICE had control of the alien for a short period of time during transit. And that little accounting trick made all of the difference. In FY 2012, there were about 86,000 of these cases. Take them out of the total, and the claimed 410,000 removals shrinks to 324,000. Given their track record, we simply cannot trust current DHS leadership to fairly calculate their success percentages.

Continue........

San Bernardino, CA

#131734 Apr 23, 2013
(3) The Bill Hobble State Enforcement Efforts in the Workplace.

For the past four years, the only meaningful enforcement against illegal labor in the workplace has occurred at the state level. The Obama Administration essentially brought a halt to worksite enforcement in 2009 (with the exception of I-9 “audits”). Those state efforts have been particularly effective. Most notably, in Arizona, the Legal Arizona Workers Act resulted in a 36 percent decrease in the population of illegal aliens in the state between 2008 and 2011, when the nationwide population decreased only one percent.

Another major flaw in this bill is the “preemption” clause found in Section 274a(h) on page 496 of the bill. This provision guts almost all state laws prohibiting the knowing employment of unauthorized aliens. A State also would not be able to fine an employer for failing to use the verification system. The clause preempts everything except for “business licensing…as a penalty for failure to use the System.” This preemption clause is extremely broad and overturns the penalties that already exist in numerous states. Under this clause, no state may pass a law that penalizes employers for knowingly hiring or continuing to employ unauthorized aliens. This huge preemption clause is problematic because it permits employers who knowingly hire or continue to employ illegal aliens to avoid any kind of enforcement by State and local governments. If this bill were really intended to be tough on employers and illegal immigration, it would expand, not restrict, the authority that states already have to discourage illegal immigration. What is more, that weakness is exacerbated by the lengthy phase-in period of the verification system. During that entire period, a State has absolutely no authority to discourage the hiring of unauthorized labor.

Continue........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 hr HOLLA ISABELLA 1,159
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr Nopal 141,200
News Trump: Illegal immigrants treated better than v... 5 hr Nopal 24
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 5 hr Nopal 8,749
When Does Anti-Immigration Go Too Far? (Sep '15) 6 hr Nopal 453
News Donald Trump breaks with nation's only Latina g... 7 hr Nopal 223
News Denied licenses, immigrants plan march across R... 8 hr wild child 1
More from around the web