The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 381848 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Goat Rider

Murrieta, CA

#128183 Apr 15, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, dumnfk, Obama's been in command for 5 years, if there's any loosing going on, he's the one doing it.
They simply refuse to see that. Or better yet, admit it to themselves. They are still stuck in the Bush years. They are no better off today than they were then. Self loathing morons.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#128184 Apr 15, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Your so full of sht its coming out your mouth.
How is this and why don’t you think that peoples “ability to choose” should not be protected on a universal scale?

“gun control takes two hands”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#128185 Apr 15, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
If you hadn't noticed Topix libs aren't interested in rational debate or defending Oblamers many failures and overall dishonesty and lies.
Yes, I've noticed. You may have also noticed that if you don't find common ground with someone, you will NEVER be taken seriously or have your words and therefore your opinions considered, either. Jaxxon and I have common ground to discuss. Our politics may never be the same nor our lifestyle, but it wouldn't be much fun discussing things with a replica.

“for whom the bell tolls”

Level 6

Since: Dec 10

fate is the hunter

#128186 Apr 15, 2013
1983 Attack on U.S. Marines in Lebanon
241 Marines Are Killed, As Are 58 French Paratroopers

We are not going to let a bunch of insidious terrorist cowards shake the foreign policy of the United States,” Vice President George Bush said while visiting the site of the bombed out Marine headquarters on Oct. 26, 1983.“Foreign policy is not going to be dictated or changed by terror.”

But it was. On February 26, 1984, the Marines surrendered their positions in Beirut and withdrew. Ronald Reagan called it a “redeployment.”
----------
I recall this incident very well, the difference between now & then. The American Public was more concerned about the welfare of the servicemen. Not taking the opportunity of this tragedy to place political blame and gain on political idealogies.

X
Sunny

Longview, WA

#128187 Apr 15, 2013
American Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Ted Kagzynsky, Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols sound familiar to you?
You stup!d SOB!
They all leave there finger print one way or the other.
Goat Rider

Murrieta, CA

#128189 Apr 15, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't lie about anyone.
Get over yourself, you egomaniac. There is something more urgent and important going on than your crap.
Like what? The bombing in Boston?
Welcome to the third world. Does it really matter if it was domestic or foreign?
What do you expect? No doubt our commander in chief will need to play a game of golf and sleep on it before he acts on it. Not that there is really anything he can do about it NOW.

BTW, are you catching this on Fox News, CNN or your local station?
Goat Rider

Murrieta, CA

#128191 Apr 15, 2013
Isn't Boston a liberal city? I kinda wonder what god will get credit for this? God or Allah?
WhiteCollarCrime

Brooklyn, NY

#128192 Apr 15, 2013
Republican Presidents Dereliction of Duty
Ronald Reagan, who did not retaliate for the murder of 278 United States Marines in Beirut and who violated his own terrorism policy by trading arms for hostages in what came to be called the Iran-Contra scandal; http://tinyurl.com/9s52o

George H.W. Bush, who did not retaliate for the Libyan murder of 259 passengers on Pan Am 103; who did not have an official counter terrorism policy; who left Saddam Hussein in place, requiring the United States to leave a large military presence in Saudi Arabia.

George W. Bush who did not alert the airports having known the CIA warning memo August 6, 2001: Usama bin Laden and al Qaeda determined to strike inside the United States. FBI warned John Ashcroft July 26, 2001 not to fly on commercial airlines.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/07/26/nat...

====

The USS Stark Incident
http://tinyurl.com/3e7fx
http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/id344.htm
XLS1313

Williston, ND

#128193 Apr 15, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I've noticed. You may have also noticed that if you don't find common ground with someone, you will NEVER be taken seriously or have your words and therefore your opinions considered, either. Jaxxon and I have common ground to discuss. Our politics may never be the same nor our lifestyle, but it wouldn't be much fun discussing things with a replica.
Having self worth; conviction and principals are worth far more than worthless internet chat with people you would never agree with in the real world.
Goat Rider

Murrieta, CA

#128194 Apr 15, 2013
WhiteCollarCrime wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to worry.
Obama will be blamed for this.
Too bad he will not be held accountable for it. See the difference? Blame gets nothing done.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#128195 Apr 15, 2013
LIVE Coverage of Boston
http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#128196 Apr 15, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Oh your talking about the self loathing that want more government like Republican Bush who had the Patriot Act put in place that took away much of our rights.
Under perceived pressure from widespread panic felt among Americans from both the September 11 attacks and the 2001 anthrax attacks, Congress rushed to pass legislation to strengthen security controls. On October 23, 2001, Republican Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner introduced H.R. 3162 incorporating provisions from a previously sponsored House bill and a Senate bill also introduced earlier in the month.[7] The next day on October 24, 2001, the Act passed the House 357 to 66,[8] with Democrats comprising the overwhelming portion of dissent. The following day, on October 25, 2001, the Act passed the Senate by 98 to 1,[9] with Russ Feingold the only opposition.

The act, as a response to the terrorist attacks of September 11th, significantly reduced restrictions in law enforcement agencies' gathering of intelligence within the United States; expanded the Secretary of the Treasury’s authority to regulate financial transactions, particularly those involving foreign individuals and entities; and broadened the discretion of law enforcement and immigration authorities in detaining and deporting immigrants suspected of terrorism-related acts. The act also expanded the definition of terrorism to include domestic terrorism, thus enlarging the number of activities to which the USA PATRIOT Act’s expanded law enforcement powers can be applied.

On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama used an Autopen to sign the PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011,[2] a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act while he was in France:[3] roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves" — individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_PATRIOT_Act
Sonny Tufts

Canyon Country, CA

#128197 Apr 15, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>
They all leave there finger print one way or the other.
Pointing to the Right ---------->>>
XLS1313

Williston, ND

#128198 Apr 15, 2013
Goat Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Like what? The bombing in Boston?
Welcome to the third world. Does it really matter if it was domestic or foreign?
What do you expect? No doubt our commander in chief will need to play a game of golf and sleep on it before he acts on it. Not that there is really anything he can do about it NOW.
BTW, are you catching this on Fox News, CNN or your local station?
This bombing in Boston is hardly a precursor to a third world. Granted we're headed there but this bombing is certainly not a first for America.

“gun control takes two hands”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#128199 Apr 15, 2013
Crap, I just lost my mood ring...not sure how I feel about this...
Sunny

Longview, WA

#128200 Apr 15, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
How is this and why don’t you think that peoples “ability to choose” should not be protected on a universal scale?
You been watching to much Star Trex,watch a little more Dirty Harry.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#128201 Apr 15, 2013
XLS1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Having self worth; conviction and principals are worth far more than worthless internet chat with people you would never agree with in the real world.
Amen X!
Most Conservatives stand by their "principles"
as a PART of their MORAL character!

They live by them DAILY ... 24/7/365
Have for YEARS!

That's just the WAY IT IS! <3

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#128202 Apr 15, 2013
WhiteCollarCrime wrote:
<quoted text>
The only country that WON, Big Time, is Iran, because Bush freed the Shites in Iraq who are loyal to Iran.
Naturally you wont hear that truth on corporate mainstream media and corporate rightwing media.
=========
Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani
http://www.sistani.org/
I see your point. We should have nuked every damned one of 'em and let Allah sort it out.
Sunny

Longview, WA

#128203 Apr 15, 2013
Sonny Tufts wrote:
<quoted text>
Pointing to the Right ---------->>>
How is your libtard brain coming to that conclusion Tufts.
WhiteCollarCrime

Brooklyn, NY

#128205 Apr 15, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your point. We should have nuked every damned one of 'em and let Allah sort it out.
NUKES will contaminate too many other countries.

There is no easy solution.

==========

The Nuclear Bunker Buster
http://tinyurl.com/p43yr
http://www.ucsusa.org/global_security/nuclear...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Brings Fiery Message To Thousands in Hart... 15 min Just Sayin 22
News Donald Trump Eats a Taco Bowl to Celebrate Cinc... 16 min serfs up 8
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 32 min hal 5,517
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 34 min Freespirit8 140,949
News Obama says failure to pass immigration reform o... 49 min tomin cali 21
Bonnies Road House Emporium (Apr '14) 1 hr Freespirit8 142
News Republicans downplay Trump rally unrest in Cali... 1 hr serfs up 389
More from around the web