The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 340969 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

WhiteCollarCrime

Sayville, NY

#128165 Apr 15, 2013
Afghanistan opium at record high
27 August 2007 http://tinyurl.com/2qj5yy
The UN says opium production in Afghanistan has soared to record levels, with an increase on last year of more than a third.
The UN Office on Drugs and Crime report says the amount of opium produced there has doubled in the last two years.
It says Helmand province is now the biggest single drug-producing area in the world, surpassing whole countries such as Colombia.
Afghanistan now accounts for more than 93% of the world's opiates.
Despite billions of dollars of aid and tens of thousands of international troops, the report says 193,000 hectares of opium poppies are being grown in Afghanistan.
'Insurgency link'
"The results are very bad, terrifyingly bad, because cultivation has increased by 17% to an historic level," said Antonio Maria Costa, executive director of the Office on Drugs and Crime. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6965115...

==========

Afghanistan: An Opium Grower's Paradise
Apr 15, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/ch7w236
As Afghanistan becomes more and more unstable, it has once again become a haven for opium poppy growers. Opium, the active ingredient in heroin, is a huge moneymaker, especially in the southern portion of Afghanistan. The reason for this growth in the south is that it no longer has a strong US presence. It is now a Taliban stronghold.
In the past number of years, cultivation has increased from 131,000 hectares in 2011 to 154,000 hectares in 2012. According to a report published by the United Nations, the 2013 figures will be larger than that of 2012.

Afghanistan is the world’s largest producer of opium, the raw ingredient in heroin, and last year provided about 75 per cent of the global crop — a figure that may jump to 90 per cent this year due to increased cultivation.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04...

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#128166 Apr 15, 2013
2 dead, 50(+) injured, at least 6 in critical condition.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#128167 Apr 15, 2013
Mitt Romney was right (on taxes)
Posted by Chris Cillizza and Sean Sullivan on April 15, 2013 at 6:30 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

capmbillie
5:34 PM EDT
Republicans have labored long and hard at re-inventing the wheel.

We had a tax code that was funding our government and giving us solid and sustainable growth for more than six decades since FDR.

Then along comes George W. Bush and his radical conservative brain trust with the bright idea of cutting the governments tax revenues in half, and mostly for the rich.

The economy immediately shot forward in a spasm of investor speculation, followed late in his last term by a calamitous financial crash.

A piece of advice from Republican tax policy experts. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
johnnie-walker-blue
5:35 PM EDT
So why did Barack extend something that is so bad?
==========

AMEN Johnnie!

Level 6

Location hidden

#128168 Apr 15, 2013
CBS reporting that explosion at JFK library WAS NOT a bomb.

It appears to have been a coincidental accident and fire that took place at the same time as the bombing.

Level 6

Location hidden

#128169 Apr 15, 2013
Police have evacuated the emergency room at Tufts medical center as a "precautionary measure".

No reason given yet.

Level 6

Location hidden

#128170 Apr 15, 2013
Northern Command has recalled aircraft sent to cover Boston airspace.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#128171 Apr 15, 2013
YOU PEOPLE FAILED YOUR-SELVES!

It is time for each and every individual to make a choice! Should you be able to choose your own destiny?! If you think so then read my proposal for “absolute freedom” and why this should be the foundation for the constitution for the United States of America!

In science all scientific method can conclude ABSOLUTES when the universal constant principle is applied to empirical evidence. The “Law of non-contradiction” is the founding principles when discovering a scientific moral law.

I now present to you the universal constant moral scientific law that equally applies to men and women on planet earth. This law is universal which means all governments of the world should up-hold to ensure all men and women are protected on planet earth. This universal constant moral scientific law is founded in the principles of the law of non-contradiction.

The founding fathers of the United States of America saw and explained this self-evident truth backed with empirical evidence when it comes to creating a law that governed human behavior on a universal level. I now verify the statement with modification.“All men and women are created equal” which originated as “All men are created equal”!

This is a self- evident truth verified with empirical evidence that is not made up by man but discovered by man.

The universal scientific moral law that should govern both man and woman equally by all governments in the world is the innate quality found in the laws of nature called “The ability to choose” without coercive or physical force by no other man, woman or world government.

I hold this scientific moral law to be self-evident (un-deniable) because every man and woman on planet earth is born innately with this natural quality governed by the laws of nature. No civil law should conflict with his natural law that governs all if such a civil law exists it is deemed as corrupted.

Level 6

Location hidden

#128172 Apr 15, 2013
Ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>
No sorry. I'll post about anything I want too homo brite. At this point your obsession with little girls is the only important thing to be mentioned here. In fact I think your sickness warrants the attention of others.
&#;38922
Fine, you post about anything you want.

So will I.

Not much you can do about it.

Right now my husband is home from work and I need a break from the news coverage of the bombing.

Back later.
Goat Rider

Temecula, CA

#128173 Apr 15, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
It ain't about you moron.
There's been a terrorist attack in Boston.
You just don't matter right now.
Yeah, so? It's the time of changes. We are becoming a third world country. You will still blame the white man for the criminal actions of others. Nothing news. Too bad our commander in chief was not running in the marathon.

P.S. News like this no longer have an effect on me. I have the progressives to thank (not) for that.

Are you going to spam the pages every minute or two giving more breaking news on this tragic event?
I can hardly wait.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#128174 Apr 15, 2013
Goat Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the beginning of destruction. It no longer has any kind of shock value anymore. Just what is to come ahead in the following days, weeks, months and years.
Hello third world bye bye USA.
I definitely AGREE!

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Eastern Oregon

#128175 Apr 15, 2013
WhiteCollarCrime wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, wrong again.
====
INTERVIEW: GENERAL JOSEPH P. HOAR
http://tinyurl.com/yqyep May 21, 2004
`The Neo-Cons Have Had Their Day;
Now It's Time for a Clean Sweep'
Gen. Joseph P. Hoar (USMC-ret.), a four-star general, was Commander in Chief, U.S. Central Command (1991-94), commanding the U.S. forces in the Persian Gulf after the 1991 war. He also served in the Vietnam War, as a battalion and brigade advisor with the Vietnamese Marines. He was interviewed by Jeffrey Steinberg on May 6, 2004.
http://www.larouchepub.com/other/interviews/2...
So you're telling me Obama's not only ineffectual at domestic affairs, he's impotent as commander in chief as well. He has the power to win any war, anytime, anywhere, if we lose anything, it's because he chooses to.
Beau Beep

Canyon Country, CA

#128176 Apr 15, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I definitely AGREE!
Baaaaaaaaaa!
Goat Rider

Temecula, CA

#128177 Apr 15, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so upsetting, WA.
I can hardly believe what I'm seeing.
How many people have warned you and your friends of this happening Rose?
I think you called them extremist and fear mongers. How much more tragedy is it going to take
before you accept why it is important to adhere to our constitution and laws.
Or do you still need more tragedy to occur before you can get it?
Sunny

Longview, WA

#128178 Apr 15, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
YOU PEOPLE FAILED YOUR-SELVES!
It is time for each and every individual to make a choice! Should you be able to choose your own destiny?! If you think so then read my proposal for “absolute freedom” and why this should be the foundation for the constitution for the United States of America!
In science all scientific method can conclude ABSOLUTES when the universal constant principle is applied to empirical evidence. The “Law of non-contradiction” is the founding principles when discovering a scientific moral law.
I now present to you the universal constant moral scientific law that equally applies to men and women on planet earth. This law is universal which means all governments of the world should up-hold to ensure all men and women are protected on planet earth. This universal constant moral scientific law is founded in the principles of the law of non-contradiction.
The founding fathers of the United States of America saw and explained this self-evident truth backed with empirical evidence when it comes to creating a law that governed human behavior on a universal level. I now verify the statement with modification.“All men and women are created equal” which originated as “All men are created equal”!
This is a self- evident truth verified with empirical evidence that is not made up by man but discovered by man.
The universal scientific moral law that should govern both man and woman equally by all governments in the world is the innate quality found in the laws of nature called “The ability to choose” without coercive or physical force by no other man, woman or world government.
I hold this scientific moral law to be self-evident (un-deniable) because every man and woman on planet earth is born innately with this natural quality governed by the laws of nature. No civil law should conflict with his natural law that governs all if such a civil law exists it is deemed as corrupted.
Your so full of sht its coming out your mouth.
Goat Rider

Temecula, CA

#128179 Apr 15, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I definitely AGREE!
Ignorance is bliss for progressives.
And pure hell for realists.
Sunny

Longview, WA

#128180 Apr 15, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, you post about anything you want.
So will I.
Not much you can do about it.
Right now my husband is home from work and I need a break from the news coverage of the bombing.
Back later.
Good reporting Jaxxon take a break you earned it.

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#128181 Apr 15, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
Obama was asleep at the wheel, AGAIN! I expect he, Holder, Hillary and Big Sis will blame this on Christians, homophobes, rich businessmen, Bush... basically, everyone but Muslims.
But, but, it's George Bush's fault doncha know. It can't possibly be Barack Hussein Obama's fault..
WhiteCollarCrime

Sayville, NY

#128182 Apr 15, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're telling me Obama's not only ineffectual at domestic affairs, he's impotent as commander in chief as well. He has the power to win any war, anytime, anywhere, if we lose anything, it's because he chooses to.
The only country that WON, Big Time, is Iran, because Bush freed the Shites in Iraq who are loyal to Iran.

Naturally you wont hear that truth on corporate mainstream media and corporate rightwing media.

=========

Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani
http://www.sistani.org/
Goat Rider

Temecula, CA

#128183 Apr 15, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, dumnfk, Obama's been in command for 5 years, if there's any loosing going on, he's the one doing it.
They simply refuse to see that. Or better yet, admit it to themselves. They are still stuck in the Bush years. They are no better off today than they were then. Self loathing morons.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Planet Earth

#128184 Apr 15, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Your so full of sht its coming out your mouth.
How is this and why don’t you think that peoples “ability to choose” should not be protected on a universal scale?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 7 min Lawrence Wolf 270
News Republican candidate Walker calls building nort... 35 min Synque 39
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 39 min - Lady Liberty - 199
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr jimmy krack korn 138,915
News Romney Slams Trump's 'Unfortunate' Remarks on I... 1 hr serfs up 21
News When Mexicans crossed our border to feed Americ... 1 hr Cromwell 5
News This Labor Day Weekend, Remember How Immigratio... 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 2
More from around the web