The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Comments (Page 5,236)

Showing posts 104,701 - 104,720 of218,271
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Paltry jobs report has Republicans pointing fingers
Boehner says Obama's policies continue to hurt Americans

Friday's report showed 88,000 jobs were added in March, far lower than the 190,000 jobs that economists expected. The unemployment rate fell to 7.6 percent, though the drop was pegged to 500,000 Americans leaving the workforce.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/politics/Pal...

EVEN

C-ommunist
N-ews
N-etwork

IS starting to TELL the TRUTH!:D

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
NONE of you ARE "trustworthy" ...
;~)
LMAO

Get help lady.

“and I don't care....”

Level 7

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
Get help lady.
Too late, she's on the 5th stage of a,

PSYCHOTIC REACTION

http://youtu.be/bfTF4hReQMo

COUNT FIVE
[Bedlam-videos]
Stanley Steam

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Blow it out ya ears ... pUnk!
;0)
You're Hired!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
Get help lady.
COPIED from 2 other posters!:)

OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
A/L is real PATRIOT, not like YOU Obama fart...!!!!!
Count your food stamps and go for your monthly government cheese ...
``````````

Re-Tardo-Mart
Grethel, KY

They don't even get the cheese anymore, it goes to illegals (I mean undocumented democrats).

when foodstamps are cut back by half then they will realize hey somebody has to work

"Don't piss off Republicans!"

;~)
Quirky

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Tranquillity wrote:
Well it's gonna be a great day. The sun is shinning and it will be the warmest day of the year so far. I got ANOTHER new badge on Topix today and it's looking good for a crown next week. I am about to take my daughter and 3 of her BFF's shopping, lunch and swimming.
I hope everyone else will have a great day too!
Peace and Tranquillity to all.
Hey Trang,

Is that a Unimog in your avatar ?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries Posit. I think you're much like a family member that drives me nuts sometimes but somehow is still a kindred spirit, Hard to explain.
That's funny. I was thinking the same about you and you are right. It *is* definitely hard for me to explain as well. too
Sunlight Foundation com

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Digital Disconnect: Robert McChesney on "How Capitalism Is Turning the Internet Against Democracy" / April 5, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/bqpdoqq
Longtime media-reform advocate Robert McChesney looks at how the future of American politics could be largely determined by who controls the Internet in his newest book. "'Digital Disconnect' talks about the difference between the mythology of the Internet, the hope of the Internet, that it would empower people and make democracy triumphant, versus the reality, which is that large corporate monopolies and the government, working together, are taking away the promise of the Internet to suit their interests," says McChesney, the co-founder of Free Press and the National Conference for Media Reform. His book begins with a simple claim: "The ways capitalism works and does not work determine the role the Internet might play in society."
http://www.commondreams.org/video/2013/04/05-...

=======

At National Conference for Media Reform, Activists Hope to Stop Murdoch, Koch-Backed Consolidation /
April 5, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/cscbxm2
We broadcast from the National Conference for Media Reform in Denver, where some 2,000 people are expected to gather to look at how media, technology and democracy intersect. One of the major topics this year is media consolidation. As newspapers struggle to survive, billionaire brothers David and Charles Koch have expressed interest in buying Tribune Company, which includes the Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune. Media mogul Rupert Murdoch is also weighing a bid for the Los Angeles Times in a market where he already owns two television stations. We’re joined by Craig Aaron, president and CEO of Free Press, the main organizer of the National Conference for Media Reform.
http://www.democracynow.org/2013/4/5/at_natio...
Sunlight Foundation com

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Paltry jobs report has Republicans pointing fingers
Boehner says Obama's policies continue to hurt Americans
Friday's report showed 88,000 jobs were added in March, far lower than the 190,000 jobs that economists expected. The unemployment rate fell to 7.6 percent, though the drop was pegged to 500,000 Americans leaving the workforce.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/politics/Pal...
EVEN
C-ommunist
N-ews
N-etwork
IS starting to TELL the TRUTH!:D
CNN is Right Wing Republican News and Fox calls them liberal.

CNN’s Campbell Brown just married a Bush Republican Neo-Con Dan Senor who was in charge of PR in Iraq. Dan Senor was the little guy always standing next to a General giving a press conference making sure the General says the right things.

CNN the corporate news network hired another Neo-Con Republican hack Erin Burnett.

CNN pundit John Avlon, a former speechwriter for Republican Rudolph Giuliani

Glen Beck ( Rush Jr.) is a raving right wing lunatic always pro corporation.

Gloria Borger despises the Clintons and Democrats.

Wolf Blitzer is a former Israeli lobbyist and still a Republican.

CNN's Howard Kurtz is a Republican and his wife is a high priced Republican lobbyist in Washington DC.

Paula Zahn is a Republican and a very close friend of the Bush family.

Jim Clancy Republican loyalist liar for CNN

CNN’s DARYN KAGAN WAS RUSH “FROM DRUGS” LYING CORPORATIST LIMBAUGH’S GIRLFRIEND.

Rush "From Drugs" Lying Corporatist Limbaugh will have you believe CNN is liberal.

As American media is controlled by that corporate America which provides us with political candidates a well-informed electorate is not possible.$$$$$$$

---------

Frank Sesno On Psyops Interns at CNN
August 02, 2000 / http://tinyurl.com/cvrop5
You never know who you are going to run into at the Republican National Convention. Roaming around the non-unionized First Union Center where the convention is taking place, Democracy Now! caught up with Frank Sesno, Vice President of CNN News. We asked him about recently exposed story that CNN was using Army Psychological Operations, or Psyops people as news interns.
http://www.democracynow.org/2000/8/2/frank_se...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. It is a concept truck and it looks like a REALLY rough ride. I have another one I will use in a few days that I like better.
If that were offered on the market I would buy it. That is just what I need regardless of how rough it might ride. Most of the 65 thousand miles on my Rubicon are off road miles so it wouldn't matter to me.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Reality wrote:
The CJ newspaper, Louisville, KY Apr. 4, 2013
UPHOLD TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE
True marriage--that between one man and one woman--is the preeminent and the most fundamental of all human social instructions.
It is a relationship defined by nature and protected by the natural law that binds all men and women. It finds its foundation in the order of creation.
Civil institutions do not create marriage nor can they create a right to marry for those who are incapable of marriage.
Marriage was established by the Creator with its own nature, essential properties and purpose that include the procreation and upbringing of new human lives.
Sadly, marriage has been reduced to another commodity in our culture.
In an age when children can be manufactured and grown in the body of a surrogate when they want--while millions are being aborted manufactured by the agencies of the civil government.
They are multiplying--while real rights, fundamental human rights, which have been endowed upon us by GOD, are being taken away, one after another.
When sexual behavior between two men or two women is viewed as providing a foundation for a new civil right to marry, the real common good of society is placed at risk.
When those who oppose this mistake are routinely characterized as bigots, overt persecution of the church is close at hand.
Let's pray that our justices of the U.S. Supreme Court will do theright thing for all Americans and uphold the traditional meaning of marriage.
S.Wright
I agree with this, lets not pander to a group of people who are dealing in sexual perversion and omit the Americans who are totally against this.
"Marriage was established by the Creator with its own nature, essential properties and purpose"

An interesting notion, but what types of marriage did the creator establish?

1) Incestuous marriage.

The children of Adam and Eve married each other and had children together.

2)Polygamous marriage.

3) Levirate marriage.

This type of marriage occurred when a woman was widowed without having produced a male heir. The woman would be required to marry her brother in law (or the closest living male relative), live with him and engage in sexual relations in the hopes of producing a male heir for her deceased husband.

The first son born of this type of marriage was legally considered the heir of the woman's first husband.

4) Taking prisoners of war as wives

Moses ordered the lives of 32,000 Midianite women to be spared after they had been taken captive. They were given one month to mourn the loss of their families, friends and their freedom and then they were required to become the wives of Israelites.

5) Male rapists and their victims

A virgin who was not engaged to be married was required to marry her attacker regardless of her feelings toward the man that raped her.

6)Married slaves

Owners of slaves were permitted to assign which of their slaves would be married.

7)Pagan marriages

Forbidden to the children of Israel, the marriage between two pagans was still considered a valid marriage.

----------

There are in all at least ten different types of marriage that were recognized as valid and binding in the bible including what we think of as traditional marriage.

All the while this was going on, civilizations such as China were performing formal legally binding same sex marriages and continued the practice until the early 1700's when western influences and the introduction of Christianity forced it to stop.

:)
higgans

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
higgans, having a discussion with you is impossible.
I simply gave a real world example of one of the many legal obligations that would be placed on same-sex couples if our marriages were recognized at the federal level.
The point being that we are not out for financial gain (as you and others have suggested). We are simply asking for equality and we are more than willing to accept the responsibilities that come with that.
I can't make it any simpler than that for you so if you still don't get it have someone else explain it to you.
As far as the previous discussion, both DP and I have tried to explain to you that you just don't seem to understand how estate taxes (among others) work.
If you haven't noticed, Don't Panic and I haven't exactly agreed on much in this discussion, but the one thing we do agree on is that you just don't get it.
Without full legal recognition, even with both names on the deed (in the example of real estate) and the right of survivorship secured, if one person in a same-sex marriage dies the other is still liable for taxes on what the government considers the deceased partners estate.
I gave you a link that explains this. You have either ignored it or you just don't understand, but either way, you're wrong.
Once again, if you simply can't comprehend what you've been told have someone you trust explain it to you because you are a waste of my time.
one of us has surely mis-interpretated DP's post about survivorship.

I thought he ended with the point that taxes/etc COULD be avoided by securing the RIGHT legal agreements prior to death.

I will wait for him to clarify...

in the mean time, YOU made the statement, you give the example of what YOU say cannot be so covered... by the RIGHT legal docs.

my research did not turn up ANY such thing.

simply saying that if the right docs are bot filled-out is NOT the same as saying NOTHING will prevent such penalties.

some penalties apply even to married couples... if their deceased spouse had assets NOT recognized as martial assets. different set of FACTS.

maybe you should chose your words better?

it is NOT my job to either do your research or just take your word for something.... or any one elses.

I honestly thought DP's post supported MINE....

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Queen Elizabeth Gay Rights: Royal Expected To Sign Commonwealth Charter Against Discrimination

...Queen Elizabeth will sign the Commonwealth Charter which lays out the core values of the 54 member states, NPR notes. One particular line in this document is making headlines around the world because people have interpreted it as the first time Queen Elizabeth will openly support gay rights in her 61-year reign...

..."The impact of this statement on gay and women’s rights should not be underestimated," a diplomatic source told the Daily Mail. "Nothing this progressive has ever been approved by the United Nations. And it is most unusual for the Queen to request to sign documents in public, never mind call the cameras in..."

...Prime Minister David Cameron has spoken on behalf of equality and has backed the bill to legalize same-sex marriage in Britain, which could take effect in 2015...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/10/quee...

Considering the obsession some of you have with the subject I thought you might enjoy this one.
higgans

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>You have extremes from both sides. Extremism has always been a bad thing. I happen to be a moderate Republican....something that I heard a Republican Congressman say doesn't need to be in their party or something along that line. People need to stop listening to those extreme voices so we can find consensus on our problems. We need to get the extremists out of our policy making. jmo
not that long ago, conservative meant sticking to the printed words of the Const/liberal meant interpreting them.

now,'extreme' is sticking by the Const,'moderate' is old liberal and lib is Progressive (which does not even believe in the Const NOR ITS LIMITING ROLE OR BUILT-IN LIMITATIONS!).

therein lies the 'great divide'. your definitions are made by the Progressives... have been evolving for decades.... and supported by the Mass Media (once dominated by mods/libs and now Progressives).

your attitude is the DESIRED ATTITUDE.... for the Progressive 'transformation' from a Const'l Republic to an easier manipulated democracy (or popularity contest).

don't react... think about what I just posted first. think of all of the wrong FG policies we just can't seem to get rid of o even modify... NO MATTER WHO'S IN CHARGE.

heck, just look at the New Math used to calculate the Un-employment rate. less than 70% of the Labor Force is being used. the diff is MUCH more than 7.6%!!!

THINK....
Quirky

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Breaking News wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexican Flag Comes Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Michelle Obama's "All this for a damn flag" shown at three different speeds

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Poster child for liberal America

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
one of us has surely mis-interpretated DP's post about survivorship.
I thought he ended with the point that taxes/etc COULD be avoided by securing the RIGHT legal agreements prior to death.
I will wait for him to clarify...
in the mean time, YOU made the statement, you give the example of what YOU say cannot be so covered... by the RIGHT legal docs.
my research did not turn up ANY such thing.
simply saying that if the right docs are bot filled-out is NOT the same as saying NOTHING will prevent such penalties.
some penalties apply even to married couples... if their deceased spouse had assets NOT recognized as martial assets. different set of FACTS.
maybe you should chose your words better?
it is NOT my job to either do your research or just take your word for something.... or any one elses.
I honestly thought DP's post supported MINE....
The legal documents in question are only about inheriting the property.

Joint ownership with survivorship simply means that the survivor will inherit the property. Their right to own the property can't be contested the way it could if it was simply willed to them, but their are still taxes to be paid.

As a matter of fact, with a married same-sex couple, simply putting the name of one of the partners on the property can trigger gift taxes unless both partners can prove that they contributed 50% toward ownership.

I'm under no delusions that DP was trying to support what I was saying, but his post does point out what I was trying to get across to you.

You can protect your right to inherit the property, but for a legally married-same sex couple it does not do away with the tax liability.

Here's the link to his post if you want to look at it again.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...
American Lady

Donetsk, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

WOW One of my dobies just blew his load in my ear LOL. I "hear it commin" lol
American Lady

Donetsk, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

I just love a shot of dobie jizz to start the day off
American Lady

Donetsk, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

You people bear with me. One of these days I wont copy and paste but actually have original thoughts. I
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

JP Morgan Chase reaps millions as food stamp roles climb, liberals are soooooooo stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 104,701 - 104,720 of218,271
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••