The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#124503 Apr 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Man on fire on Napa overpass was DA's son
Officers: Strong indication that incident was suicide[sure he wanted to EXPERIENCE "hell" before he left Earth]
NAPA, Calif.—Authorities say the man who died after being spotted on fire on a highway overpass in Napa was the son of Napa County District Attorney Gary Lieberstein.
Sheriff's Capt. Tracey Stuart identified the man as Lieberstein's son, 31-year-old Adam.
Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/Man-on-fire-on-Napa-...
Officers: Strong indication that incident was suicide[sure he wanted to EXPERIENCE "hell" before he left Earth]

He could of just gone to the White House and met face to face
with Michelly and Obamy.
higgans

Marion, IN

#124504 Apr 5, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some of that ignorance I was talking about earlier.
All the president said was that what the government can do is limited by the second amendment which is exactly what so many of us have been trying to tell those of you that have been running around screaming "he's going to take our guns".
No he isn't, because we have the second amendment.
You should be thankful that he recognizes the limitations of government authority imposed by the constitution and stop with all the fear mongering.
I'm sure you will pardon those of us that DON'T agree with your definition of the word 'infringe' AND over 120 years of 'gun' history in THIS Country. or, until the emergence of the Progressive Movement...

btw, remember the FIRST Indiana seat belt law? car seat law? non-smoking law? FG Free Trade agreement? the purpose of both recent creations of the Depts of Energy and Ed?

how's all of those laws/programs/policies/entitie s working our for US?

NEVER say never, okay?

remember when there USED TO BE a SS Trust Fund? who took that money?

how's that War on Poverty going? Drugs?

should we spend $20k per student to get pub ed standards BACK to 50 yr old standards?$30K? how much per year?

tell me this, if LESS than 70% of the labor force is being utilitized, how do we have only a 7.6% UN-employment rate?

old-fashioned math tells me that 100 minus 70 equals 30%!

must be that New Progressive Math, huh?

like New Progressive EVERYTHING else (like the definition of rights and marriage)....

some body's LYING, Jax. could it be our friendly, neighborhood GOVERNMENT?

yep, RE-election IS the answer...
Misogynist Obama

San Bernardino, CA

#124505 Apr 5, 2013
Obama called Kamala Harris to apologize for ‘best looking attorney general’ remark

Posted by Aaron Blake and Scott Wilson on April 5, 2013 at 2:27 pm

White House press secretary Jay Carney said Friday that President Obama called California Attorney General Kamala Harris (D) late Thursday to apologize for his remark that she was the “best-looking attorney general in the country.”

“He apologized for it and regrets the distraction it caused,” Carney said at Friday’s briefing.Obama’s remark, delivered at a fundraiser Thursday, has been criticized by some as sexist and demeaning toward Harris, who is considered a rising star in California politics.

“You have to be careful to, first of all, say she is brilliant and she is dedicated and she is tough, and she is exactly what you’d want in anybody who is administering the law, and making sure that everybody is getting a fair shake,” Obama said Thursday.“She also happens to be, by far, the best looking attorney general in the country.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124506 Apr 5, 2013
Job 28:28
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
28 And unto man he said, Behold, the [a]fear of the Lord is wisdom, and to depart from evil is understanding.
``````````

Romans 8:28
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
28 [a]Also we know that [b]all things work together for the best unto them that love God, even to them that are called of his [c]purpose.

God's WRATH on Sodom & Gomorrah

Why God Destroyed Sodom And Gomorrah

See why God's holiness demanded that Sodom and Gomorrah had to perish.... were destroyed because they thought Lot was -joking- about God's wrath. Millions ...
http://christianity.about.com/od/biblestorysu...

Genesis 19 ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124507 Apr 5, 2013
World's Largest Ten Commandments
Murphy, North Carolina

It's not that God doesn't care -- he's just really busy. He certainly can't spare time to examine and approve every religious tribute, grotto, and sacred tourist attraction erected by humanity to honor His glory.

The Church of God of Prophecy knew this full well when they built Fields of the Wood in 1945. Its centerpiece is the World's Largest Ten Commandments, a 300-ft wide tableaux occupying a mountainside. Though it is tucked into the extreme and obscure western corner of North Carolina, the immense tablets are visible from orbit ... and heaven.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2613
Profits From Sons Death

San Bernardino, CA

#124508 Apr 5, 2013
Report: Trayvon Martin's family settles with homeowners association
By CNN Staff
updated 2:36 PM EDT, Fri April 5, 2013

(CNN)-- The parents of Trayvon Martin have settled a wrongful death claim against the homeowners association of the Florida neighborhood where the teenager was fatally shot, the Orlando Sentinel reported Friday.

The report of the settlement comes more than 13 months after neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman shot Martin in Zimmerman's neighborhood in Sanford, Florida.

An attorney representing the homeowners association's president declined to comment when reached by CNN Friday afternoon. CNN's attempts to reach Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Martin's parents, weren't immediately successful.

Zimmerman is awaiting trial, charged with second-degree murder in Martin's death. He claims he shot Martin in self-defense after Zimmerman saw the 17-year-old acting suspiciously in the neighborhood.

Attorneys for Martin's family have accused Zimmerman of racially profiling the 17-year-old and shooting him "in cold blood."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/05/us/florida-mart...

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#124509 Apr 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
God’s wrath is not an embarrassment to Him. He need never be ashamed, like men, for losing His temper. God’s wrath is inseparably linked with His glory. God brings glory to Himself when He exercises His wrath.
God’s wrath is provoked when men rebel against His Word. After God brought the Israelites out of Egypt, He gave them His laws to guide and govern their conduct so they might be a holy people in whose midst He would dwell. In Deuteronomy 28:1-14, God described the blessings which would result from obedience to the covenant He made with them at Mount Sinai. Verses 15-68 provide a much more extensive and graphic description of His judgment as a consequence of breaking this covenant. In the context of Deuteronomy 28, it is clear that Israel will not keep His covenant and that they will be judged. God will not tolerate sin among His people any more than He will tolerate it in others. The Israelites were destined to drink deeply from the cup of God’s wrath.
http://bible.org/seriespage/wrath-god#P892_25...
Christs two great commandments.

"Mt 22:36 “[Jesus], which is the great commandment in the law?” And he said to him,’You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.”"

http://www.secondexodus.com/html/catholicdefi...

Atheist Without Hangups

San Bernardino, CA

#124511 Apr 5, 2013
Can Atheists Go to Heaven?

By Austin Cline, About.com GuideJanuary 12, 2009

Relationships (whether just friendship or more) between theists and atheists can work. Relationships between Christians and atheists can work. There are, however, a few issues which can create major stumbling blocks in such relationships; the biggest among them are beliefs about heaven and hell. The traditional, orthodox Christian doctrine is that you must have faith in Jesus to go to heaven; everyone else goes to hell. Atheists are thus necessarily among those who are supposed to go to hell, but not every Christian believes this. What implications does this have for relations between atheists and theists?

Pew recently conducted a survey on the matter, but the results they give are a little confusing. Here is a summary created by someone else which presents the pertinent information nicely:

JEWS
* 36% of white evangelicals think Jews can go to Heaven.
* 61% of white mainline protestants think Jews can go to Heaven.
* 37% of protestants at historically Black churches, think Jews can go to Heaven.
* 61% of white Catholics4 think Jews can go to Heaven.

ATHEISTS
* 15% of white evangelicals think atheists can go to Heaven.
* 38% of white mainline protestants think atheists can go to Heaven.
* 39% of white Catholics4 think atheists can go to Heaven.

MUSLIMS
* 20% of white evangelicals think Muslims can go to Heaven.
* 46% of white mainline protestants think Muslims can go to Heaven.
* 34% of protestants at historically Black churches, think Muslims can go to Heaven.
* 49% of white Catholics4 think Muslims can go to Heaven.

CATHOLICS
* 43% of white evangelicals think Catholics can go to Heaven.
* 64% of white mainline protestants think Catholics can go to Heaven.
* 41% of protestants at historically Black churches, think Catholics can go to Heaven.

PROTESTANTS
* 66% of white Catholics4 think Protestants can go to Heaven.

http://atheism.about.com/b/2009/01/12/can-ath...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124512 Apr 5, 2013
Original Birthplace of Abraham Lincoln
According to the Lincoln Center-Bostic website, "There is substantial evidence that Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of the United States, was born not in Kentucky, but on Puzzle Creek near Bostic, North Carolina, in Rutherford County. Abraham Lincoln's mother, Nancy Hanks was 'bound out' into the care of the Abraham Enlow family, who lived in Rutherford County before moving to Oconaluftee near Cherokee, North Carolina.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/22102

Beech Mountain, North Carolina: Land of Oz

The park was very nicely decorated and the characters were all fun; loved watching the children enjoy themselves, I talked to a pretty "witch" in the line with me and her little girl, who was dressed as Dorothy -- they were first-time attenders and they seemed to be having a great time.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/3764

America IS full of surprises IF you just know where to lQQk!

Learning about HISTORY "helps" tremendously!

America The Beautiful! <3

America, The Beautiful Lyrics
by Katharine Lee Bates - 1913

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet,
Whose stern impassion'd stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America! God mend thine ev'ry flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved,
And mercy more than life!
America! America! May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness,
And ev'ry gain divine!

O Beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam,
Undimmed by human tears!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

http://www.usa-flag-site.org/song-lyrics/amer...

sick people like
"homo's"
murderers
thieves
LIARS!
CORRUPT politicans
etc...

DIRTY it's IMAGE!

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#124513 Apr 5, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an estimate welfare/food stamp and disable (a large percentage not even disable--fraud claims), etc. 90 million people in America.
This is almost 1/3 of the Americans, count another 1/3 as children and teens which equals to 1/3 of our citizens who are working to pay for the 2/3 who are not.
My niece just loss her welfare because her youngest is 18 y/o, she went and applied for disability, nothing wrong and her. Her diagnosis is "Fatigue Syndrome." She is active, always on the go, even travels with boy friend, swims, hikes, etc. She didn't even need a lawyer, they approved her disability saying one of her blood levels was a little elevated.
So, she has gone from 20 years on welfare with her oldest being 20 y/o to collecting disability and always having a man in the house...she goes thru boyfriends real fast.
This is the scam from what she was saying, when the welfare is almost over with due to kids are now grown, women will go and apply for disability---no problem.
Disability isn't all that easy to get. It can take up to three years and even then be turned down. One has to have a doctor that says that you are unable to work because of some health issue. Doctors aren't so inclined to do that. I know we have abuse in our social systems net but that doesn't mean that the majority are some of those people. If you feel your neice is milking the system that's fraud and you should report her. That would at least get rid of one. Just because no one else can get a job she and her family should be starving on the street with the rest of them...right?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#124514 Apr 5, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>They better get out before it's to late could be to late already we have lot of people right on border.Hope they start calming down before it's to late,not very easy to stop after they cross the line.
Very true.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#124515 Apr 5, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still trying to figure who you are. I remember NTR and Rosie from the Immigration Forum.
Yet, your rhetorics and characterizations seem familiar, you know the traits---whiney, self-absorbed, deplorable, mocking and name calling, denying to the point of ignorance, etc.
Just a few more of your comical post and it will come to me what name you were using then.
LOL

Maybe you should spend less time figuring out "who I am" and more time on cultivating an decent argument for your ridiculous views.

"denying to the point of ignorance"?

That's exactly you. lol

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#124516 Apr 5, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
really, Jax, you are using the actions of a deadbeat bill payer to bolster your case?
really?
must be why millions on govt bennies DON'T get married when they have a legal right to do so.
one would also assume from your example of A COST SAVINGS FOR NOT BEING MARRIED, that IF you were there at the time of ADMISSION, you would NOT agree to accept financial responsiblity/co-resp FOR YOUR LOVED ONE?
some commitment, huh?
still waiting for your example, as previously discussed....
higgans, having a discussion with you is impossible.

I simply gave a real world example of one of the many legal obligations that would be placed on same-sex couples if our marriages were recognized at the federal level.

The point being that we are not out for financial gain (as you and others have suggested). We are simply asking for equality and we are more than willing to accept the responsibilities that come with that.

I can't make it any simpler than that for you so if you still don't get it have someone else explain it to you.

As far as the previous discussion, both DP and I have tried to explain to you that you just don't seem to understand how estate taxes (among others) work.

If you haven't noticed, Don't Panic and I haven't exactly agreed on much in this discussion, but the one thing we do agree on is that you just don't get it.

Without full legal recognition, even with both names on the deed (in the example of real estate) and the right of survivorship secured, if one person in a same-sex marriage dies the other is still liable for taxes on what the government considers the deceased partners estate.

I gave you a link that explains this. You have either ignored it or you just don't understand, but either way, you're wrong.

Once again, if you simply can't comprehend what you've been told have someone you trust explain it to you because you are a waste of my time.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124517 Apr 5, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still trying to figure who you are. I remember NTR and Rosie from the Immigration Forum.
Yet, your rhetorics and characterizations seem familiar, you know the traits---whiney, self-absorbed, deplorable, mocking and name calling, denying to the point of ignorance, etc.
Just a few more of your comical post and it will come to me what name you were using then.
;0)
Breaking News

Davenport, IA

#124518 Apr 5, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
higgans, having a discussion with you is impossible.
I simply gave a real world example of one of the many legal obligations that would be placed on same-sex couples if our marriages were recognized at the federal level.
The point being that we are not out for financial gain (as you and others have suggested). We are simply asking for equality and we are more than willing to accept the responsibilities that come with that.
I can't make it any simpler than that for you so if you still don't get it have someone else explain it to you.
As far as the previous discussion, both DP and I have tried to explain to you that you just don't seem to understand how estate taxes (among others) work.
If you haven't noticed, Don't Panic and I haven't exactly agreed on much in this discussion, but the one thing we do agree on is that you just don't get it.
Without full legal recognition, even with both names on the deed (in the example of real estate) and the right of survivorship secured, if one person in a same-sex marriage dies the other is still liable for taxes on what the government considers the deceased partners estate.
I gave you a link that explains this. You have either ignored it or you just don't understand, but either way, you're wrong.
Once again, if you simply can't comprehend what you've been told have someone you trust explain it to you because you are a waste of my time.
"If you haven't noticed, Don't Panic and I haven't exactly agreed on much in this discussion, but the one thing we do agree on is that you just don't get it."

LOL, so You and Don't Panic are both right and higgans doesn't get it. hehehe
Breaking News

Davenport, IA

#124520 Apr 5, 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH EHEHEHEHEHEHHE!!!

You Moderates are sooo confused..
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124523 Apr 5, 2013
Lil' Kim ...
North Korea's elaborate game of chicken with U.S.– CNN Security

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/03/nort...

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#124525 Apr 5, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>My apologies. I just thought you would take it lightly. I don't really like to fight.
No worries Posit. I think you're much like a family member that drives me nuts sometimes but somehow is still a kindred spirit, Hard to explain.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124526 Apr 5, 2013
Breaking News wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexican Flag Comes Down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0JeXgJZ_gJEXX
Thanks ... BUT ... no thanks!
I wouldn't "click" on a libTARDS link for nuttin ... ;0)
Sunny

Longview, WA

#124527 Apr 5, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Maybe you should spend less time figuring out "who I am" and more time on cultivating an decent argument for your ridiculous views.
"denying to the point of ignorance"?
That's exactly you. lol
Tell me who you are so I can cultivate an decent argument about how ridiculous you are chipmunk.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 48 min J ValJean 136,009
Jeb Bush: Immigration is 'not a felony' but 'an... 1 hr Cricket 23 41
1st Suit Filed Over Enforcement of Immigration Law 2 hr gulf 64
Top Presidential Candidate Says Anarchy May For... 3 hr Mykro 9
Mexican woman who hanged herself showed no dist... 3 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
Kidnapping and Extortion Bring Massive Revenue ... 4 hr citizen 2
Government funds lawyers for immigrant kids 5 hr Earl 3

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE