The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124512 Apr 5, 2013
Original Birthplace of Abraham Lincoln
According to the Lincoln Center-Bostic website, "There is substantial evidence that Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of the United States, was born not in Kentucky, but on Puzzle Creek near Bostic, North Carolina, in Rutherford County. Abraham Lincoln's mother, Nancy Hanks was 'bound out' into the care of the Abraham Enlow family, who lived in Rutherford County before moving to Oconaluftee near Cherokee, North Carolina.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/22102

Beech Mountain, North Carolina: Land of Oz

The park was very nicely decorated and the characters were all fun; loved watching the children enjoy themselves, I talked to a pretty "witch" in the line with me and her little girl, who was dressed as Dorothy -- they were first-time attenders and they seemed to be having a great time.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/3764

America IS full of surprises IF you just know where to lQQk!

Learning about HISTORY "helps" tremendously!

America The Beautiful! <3

America, The Beautiful Lyrics
by Katharine Lee Bates - 1913

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet,
Whose stern impassion'd stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America! God mend thine ev'ry flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved,
And mercy more than life!
America! America! May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness,
And ev'ry gain divine!

O Beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam,
Undimmed by human tears!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

http://www.usa-flag-site.org/song-lyrics/amer...

sick people like
"homo's"
murderers
thieves
LIARS!
CORRUPT politicans
etc...

DIRTY it's IMAGE!

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#124513 Apr 5, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an estimate welfare/food stamp and disable (a large percentage not even disable--fraud claims), etc. 90 million people in America.
This is almost 1/3 of the Americans, count another 1/3 as children and teens which equals to 1/3 of our citizens who are working to pay for the 2/3 who are not.
My niece just loss her welfare because her youngest is 18 y/o, she went and applied for disability, nothing wrong and her. Her diagnosis is "Fatigue Syndrome." She is active, always on the go, even travels with boy friend, swims, hikes, etc. She didn't even need a lawyer, they approved her disability saying one of her blood levels was a little elevated.
So, she has gone from 20 years on welfare with her oldest being 20 y/o to collecting disability and always having a man in the house...she goes thru boyfriends real fast.
This is the scam from what she was saying, when the welfare is almost over with due to kids are now grown, women will go and apply for disability---no problem.
Disability isn't all that easy to get. It can take up to three years and even then be turned down. One has to have a doctor that says that you are unable to work because of some health issue. Doctors aren't so inclined to do that. I know we have abuse in our social systems net but that doesn't mean that the majority are some of those people. If you feel your neice is milking the system that's fraud and you should report her. That would at least get rid of one. Just because no one else can get a job she and her family should be starving on the street with the rest of them...right?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#124514 Apr 5, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>They better get out before it's to late could be to late already we have lot of people right on border.Hope they start calming down before it's to late,not very easy to stop after they cross the line.
Very true.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#124515 Apr 5, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still trying to figure who you are. I remember NTR and Rosie from the Immigration Forum.
Yet, your rhetorics and characterizations seem familiar, you know the traits---whiney, self-absorbed, deplorable, mocking and name calling, denying to the point of ignorance, etc.
Just a few more of your comical post and it will come to me what name you were using then.
LOL

Maybe you should spend less time figuring out "who I am" and more time on cultivating an decent argument for your ridiculous views.

"denying to the point of ignorance"?

That's exactly you. lol

“Je Suis Charlie”

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#124516 Apr 5, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
really, Jax, you are using the actions of a deadbeat bill payer to bolster your case?
really?
must be why millions on govt bennies DON'T get married when they have a legal right to do so.
one would also assume from your example of A COST SAVINGS FOR NOT BEING MARRIED, that IF you were there at the time of ADMISSION, you would NOT agree to accept financial responsiblity/co-resp FOR YOUR LOVED ONE?
some commitment, huh?
still waiting for your example, as previously discussed....
higgans, having a discussion with you is impossible.

I simply gave a real world example of one of the many legal obligations that would be placed on same-sex couples if our marriages were recognized at the federal level.

The point being that we are not out for financial gain (as you and others have suggested). We are simply asking for equality and we are more than willing to accept the responsibilities that come with that.

I can't make it any simpler than that for you so if you still don't get it have someone else explain it to you.

As far as the previous discussion, both DP and I have tried to explain to you that you just don't seem to understand how estate taxes (among others) work.

If you haven't noticed, Don't Panic and I haven't exactly agreed on much in this discussion, but the one thing we do agree on is that you just don't get it.

Without full legal recognition, even with both names on the deed (in the example of real estate) and the right of survivorship secured, if one person in a same-sex marriage dies the other is still liable for taxes on what the government considers the deceased partners estate.

I gave you a link that explains this. You have either ignored it or you just don't understand, but either way, you're wrong.

Once again, if you simply can't comprehend what you've been told have someone you trust explain it to you because you are a waste of my time.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124517 Apr 5, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still trying to figure who you are. I remember NTR and Rosie from the Immigration Forum.
Yet, your rhetorics and characterizations seem familiar, you know the traits---whiney, self-absorbed, deplorable, mocking and name calling, denying to the point of ignorance, etc.
Just a few more of your comical post and it will come to me what name you were using then.
;0)
Breaking News

Davenport, IA

#124518 Apr 5, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
higgans, having a discussion with you is impossible.
I simply gave a real world example of one of the many legal obligations that would be placed on same-sex couples if our marriages were recognized at the federal level.
The point being that we are not out for financial gain (as you and others have suggested). We are simply asking for equality and we are more than willing to accept the responsibilities that come with that.
I can't make it any simpler than that for you so if you still don't get it have someone else explain it to you.
As far as the previous discussion, both DP and I have tried to explain to you that you just don't seem to understand how estate taxes (among others) work.
If you haven't noticed, Don't Panic and I haven't exactly agreed on much in this discussion, but the one thing we do agree on is that you just don't get it.
Without full legal recognition, even with both names on the deed (in the example of real estate) and the right of survivorship secured, if one person in a same-sex marriage dies the other is still liable for taxes on what the government considers the deceased partners estate.
I gave you a link that explains this. You have either ignored it or you just don't understand, but either way, you're wrong.
Once again, if you simply can't comprehend what you've been told have someone you trust explain it to you because you are a waste of my time.
"If you haven't noticed, Don't Panic and I haven't exactly agreed on much in this discussion, but the one thing we do agree on is that you just don't get it."

LOL, so You and Don't Panic are both right and higgans doesn't get it. hehehe
Breaking News

Davenport, IA

#124520 Apr 5, 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH EHEHEHEHEHEHHE!!!

You Moderates are sooo confused..
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124523 Apr 5, 2013
Lil' Kim ...
North Korea's elaborate game of chicken with U.S.– CNN Security

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/03/nort...

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#124525 Apr 5, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>My apologies. I just thought you would take it lightly. I don't really like to fight.
No worries Posit. I think you're much like a family member that drives me nuts sometimes but somehow is still a kindred spirit, Hard to explain.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124526 Apr 5, 2013
Breaking News wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexican Flag Comes Down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0JeXgJZ_gJEXX
Thanks ... BUT ... no thanks!
I wouldn't "click" on a libTARDS link for nuttin ... ;0)
Sunny

Longview, WA

#124527 Apr 5, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Maybe you should spend less time figuring out "who I am" and more time on cultivating an decent argument for your ridiculous views.
That's exactly you. lol
Tell me who you are so I can cultivate an decent argument about how ridiculous you are chipmunk.lol
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124528 Apr 5, 2013
NONE of you ARE "trustworthy" ...

;~)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124529 Apr 5, 2013
Speaking from "experience!"
NOT just blowing steam!

;0)
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#124532 Apr 5, 2013
Immigration bill would import 1 million workers per year
12:46 AM 04/05/2013

The Senate’s draft immigration bill will increase the inflow of foreign workers to 1 million people per year, according to government data and news reports.

The 1 million inflow would provide almost one foreign worker for every four Americans who turn 18.

The rate would be high enough to fill up all the extra non-farm jobs created during the last six months.

The 1 million inflow would include at least 350,000 people capable of competing for middle-class skilled jobs sought by the 1.8 million Americans who graduate from university each year. Only about 10 percent of the workers would be farm workers.

“I believe in a free-market, but this [inflow] will aggravate the problems for [American] graduates,” Richard Vedder, director of the libertarian Center for College Affordability and Productivity, told The Daily Caller.

The increased inflow numbers suggest “we’re substituting foreign workers for domestic workers, and maybe that makes a certain about of sense” for cost-conscious businesses, he said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/05/immigration...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124533 Apr 5, 2013
Selective censoring going on AGAIN!

;~)

WHY?
They can't STAND the TRUTH!:)
Stanley Steam

Canyon Country, CA

#124534 Apr 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Speaking from "experience!"
NOT just blowing steam!
;0)
Hi!
Sunny

Longview, WA

#124536 Apr 5, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
That's exactly you. lol
I don't care who you are X-MAN was just trying to get some light bulbs.lol
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#124537 Apr 5, 2013
America the Third-World Nation in Just 4 Easy Steps
Saturday, 10 November 2012 11:53 By Thom Hartmann and Sam Sacks, The Daily Take | Op-Ed

New reports that Taiwanese transnational manufacturing corporation Foxconn may be opening up some plants in the United States indicate that our nation has now entered the terminal fourth stage of "third-worldization" or what may be better referred to simply as "recolonization."

In case you don't know, Foxconn is China's largest private employer and is responsible for making many of those parts that go into your Apple iPhones, iPads, and iPods.

While Steve Jobs may have been a visionary when it came to technological design, he wasn't a fan of labor unions - or American workers in general - so he outsourced most of his corporation's manufacturing to Foxconn, which was notorious for its low-wage labor.

Foxconn workers live in over-crowded dorms that are located on the factory grounds. They work 12-hour shifts, and are routinely exposed to dangerous working conditions. Recently, 137 Foxconn workers fell ill after they were forced to use toxic chemicals to clean iPads. And in the last five years, 17 Foxconn workers have committed suicide on the job. Nets have since been installed around the factory to catch workers jumping out of windows.

So why the heck would Foxconn look beyond their Libertarian paradise of no labor laws to come to the United States and employ a bunch of Americans?

To know the answer to that question, we have to understand the four steps the United States is currently racing through to become a third-world nation.

Read more: http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/12664-ameri...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124538 Apr 5, 2013
Stanley Steam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi!
Blow it out ya ears ... pUnk!

;0)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dems call GOP Homeland Security strategy a poli... 24 min Dee Dee Dee 49
Sen. Grassley: Tax Code Rewards Illegal Immigra... 27 min Holla Isabella 3
UCLA Workshop: Illegal Aliens Are Just Like Dyi... 30 min tomin cali 3
Scott Walker reverses immigration stance 48 min Cat74 52
5 misperceptions about the Homeland Security im... 1 hr fatbacks x 4
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr Just Slim 137,623
Jeb Bush: Immigration is 'not a felony' but 'an... (Apr '14) 5 hr swedenforever 57
More from around the web