The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“Need a light?”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

phos phoros

#124465 Apr 5, 2013
Quirky wrote:
President Obama's Kamala Harris 'compliment' backfires
President Obama assessed the beauty of California’s attorney general Kamala Harris, calling her “the best looking attorney general,” during remarks at a fundraiser in Atherton, California.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/04/...
This story seems like we may get some more of Michele`s scowls , Barry gonna get his azz reamed over this.
Azzes getting reamed, one of your 2 favorite subjects. Pretty far off subject for this forum, though. Try Craigslist.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#124466 Apr 5, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. I do get your point. What I was attempting to get across by posting the survey is that comments made on this thread regarding the "ignorance" of republicans in general is "very slanted and very biased".
I've said before that many of my family members, friends and neighbors are either conservative or republican and I don't consider them to be ignorant so I don't agree with the generalization.

On the other hand, there are a lot of far right extremists that think they know what's going on and don't have a clue.

Their information comes from a limited number of propaganda sites and sources. They listen to what they want to hear and they believe what they're told.

I still think that's the biggest problems the republican party has going forward. The far right is vocal, has been in control of the message and is seen almost universally as ignorant, intolerant and radical.

Until the republicans can separate their public image from the extreme elements of their base they have a big problem.

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#124467 Apr 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Posi ...
IT was ONLY because of his "long hair" ...
NOT because he was a gay!
Boys with "long hair" used to be stigmatized ...
I "know" ...
I lived thru that era!
Was NOT allowed to date a guy with long hair!
He had to be "clean cut" ...
That was the way it was!
Just like "higgans" says ...
gays are ABNORMAL ...
WILL NEVER be accepted!
In my opinion ...
They SHOULD go back "in the closet" for the MORALITY of America!
They are DRAGGING DOWN our "young society"
Confusing them BEFORE they should EVEN know about SEX ...
Much less wanting to like someone of the opposite SEX!
Teen age years ARE bad enuf as it IS!
**Marriage rites are WHAT they are confusing with RIGHTS!
Of the uninformed MASSES!
CareFair.com - Guys Speak Up About their Long Hair
www.carefair.com › MenMaybe you've seen actors in movies sporting long hair and wonder, is that something I ... society, there is still an underlying stigma attached to guys with long hair.... off-camera bad-boy persona stays pretty consistent, one thing hasn't: his hair.
Marriage rites
It is assumed by anthropologists that marriage is one of the earliest social institutions invented, and, as already noted, rites of marriage are observed in every historically known society. These rites vary from extremes of elaboration to utmost simplicity, and they may be secular events or religious ceremonies. Subclasses of rites of marriage, named and unnamed, exist in many societies, beginning with ceremonies of betrothal that require complex formalities of transfer and exchange of goods, which are often regarded as compensation to the bride’s kin group for their loss of the bride. Ceremonies of dramatic sham “capture” of ...
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/504...
homosexuals ARE sick people!
When they want to have SEX with one of their own kind!
ABNORMAL!
Gays don't confuse our children. I happen to know two gay men that have raised a son. He's been straight A's and not into any drugs or bad stuff. He's polite and in his late teens now and couldn't be anymore heterosexual if he had been raised by some. What you don't seem to understand or accept is that homosexuallity isn't something one can catch. You're either wired that way or your not.
Now you have professed to be a Christian do you feel it's your place to be judging anyone? Didn't Christ walk the walk and live without sin, dying for our sins, then being raised from the grave for all of us. He's the one that God has placed at his right hand to judge us all. It isn't our job nor is it our right to judge others.
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#124468 Apr 5, 2013
Obama:“I Am Constrained by the System Our Founders Put in Place”

President lambasts Americans who cite Second Amendment as a defense against government tyranny

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
April 5, 2013

During a speech in Denver, Colorado, President Obama remarked that his gun control agenda was “constrained by the system our founders put in place,” as he lambasted Second Amendment advocates who argue that gun ownership is a means of protection against government tyranny.

Read more: http://www.infowars.com/obama-i-am-constraine...

Level 6

Location hidden

#124469 Apr 5, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>This is America. Do we have different laws for different people or are we to have the same laws for all people. Per our Constitution.
Hey WA.

You're right about what the issue here actually is.

What I don't understand is why some of these people seem to be focused on what few financial benefits there may be while completely ignoring the legal and financial obligations and responsibilities that would come with full recognition too.

Just one example would be debt incurred as a couple.

Right now, if one of us got sick and piled up huge medical bills, the other could simply say "you don't recognize our marriage, so the state can pick up the bill. He can't pay it and you can't make me pay his bills."

And that's just one scenario.

The argument that the fight for equality is somehow about financial gain falls apart when you start to consider the enormous responsibilities that also come with being a married couple and we are more that willing to accept those responsibilities in exchange for the equal protections we are guaranteed as American citizens in the first place.

(Took a late lunch. Time to get back to work.)
Dems R Hypocrites

Davenport, IA

#124470 Apr 5, 2013
I've said before that many of my family members, friends and neighbors are either Liberal or Democrat and I don't consider them to be ignorant so I don't agree with the generalization.

On the other hand, there are a lot of far left extremists that think they know what's going on and don't have a clue.

Their information comes from a limited number of propaganda sites and sources. They listen to what they want to hear and they believe what they're told.

I still think that's the biggest problems the Democratic party has going forward. The far left is vocal, has been in control of the message and is seen almost universally as ignorant, intolerant and radical.

Until the Democrats can separate their public image from the extreme elements of their base they have a big problem.
Lock N Load

San Bernardino, CA

#124471 Apr 5, 2013
Amidst Fading Support for Gun Control, Piers Morgan Says It's 'The NRA Versus the People'

By Matt Hadro | April 05, 2013 | 12:23

When CNN's Piers Morgan accused the NRA of fighting the American people on his Thursday show, GOP strategist Kelly Conway retorted that public favor for gun control has waned despite the best efforts of President Obama (and Piers Morgan).

"You're making this about the NRA versus the people," Conway told Morgan, who affirmed "That's what it is." She then slapped down his claim that the NRA is defying the wishes of the American people on guns:[Video below the break. Audio here.]

"President Obama has made this his cause d'être for three and a half months now, and the trend lines and the polling, including CNN's polls, are going in the opposite direction. There's less support now for stronger gun control measures, and I think in part because people start to realize that what is being proposed in most places would not have stopped most of these killers."

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2...

Level 6

Location hidden

#124472 Apr 5, 2013
Welcome To Obamas America wrote:
Obama:“I Am Constrained by the System Our Founders Put in Place”
President lambasts Americans who cite Second Amendment as a defense against government tyranny
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
April 5, 2013
During a speech in Denver, Colorado, President Obama remarked that his gun control agenda was “constrained by the system our founders put in place,” as he lambasted Second Amendment advocates who argue that gun ownership is a means of protection against government tyranny.
Read more: http://www.infowars.com/obama-i-am-constraine...
Here's some of that ignorance I was talking about earlier.

All the president said was that what the government can do is limited by the second amendment which is exactly what so many of us have been trying to tell those of you that have been running around screaming "he's going to take our guns".

No he isn't, because we have the second amendment.

You should be thankful that he recognizes the limitations of government authority imposed by the constitution and stop with all the fear mongering.
Dems R Hypocrites

Davenport, IA

#124473 Apr 5, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey WA.
What I don't understand is why some of these people seem to be focused on what few financial benefits there may be while completely ignoring the legal and financial obligations and responsibilities that would come with full recognition too.
Right now, if one of us got sick and piled up huge medical bills, the other could simply say "you don't recognize our marriage, so the state can pick up the bill. He can't pay it and you can't make me pay his bills."
The argument that the fight for equality is somehow about financial gain falls apart when you start to consider the enormous responsibilities that also come with being a married couple and we are more that willing to accept those responsibilities in exchange for the equal protections we are guaranteed as American citizens in the first place.
Later wimp

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#124474 Apr 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
It SEEMS to me ...
THERE is someone ELSE using posi's sign in name!
A shared one?
Not where the post is under his avatar. That can't be done.

Level 6

Location hidden

#124475 Apr 5, 2013
Dems R Hypocrites wrote:
I've said before that many of my family members, friends and neighbors are either Liberal or Democrat and I don't consider them to be ignorant so I don't agree with the generalization.
On the other hand, there are a lot of far left extremists that think they know what's going on and don't have a clue.
I still think that's the biggest problems the Democratic party has going forward. The far left is vocal, has been in control of the message and is seen almost universally as ignorant, intolerant and radical.
Until the Democrats can separate their public image from the extreme elements of their base they have a big problem.
Very original post.

You must have had someone very smart help you with that.

Anyway, the far left didn't cost the democrats an election in 2012 did they?

The republicans have a problem and many of them see it. Ignore reality if you want, but the next couple of elections won't make you very happy until and unless conservative extremism is dealt with.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#124476 Apr 5, 2013
The CJ newspaper, Louisville, KY Apr. 4, 2013

UPHOLD TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE

True marriage--that between one man and one woman--is the preeminent and the most fundamental of all human social instructions.

It is a relationship defined by nature and protected by the natural law that binds all men and women. It finds its foundation in the order of creation.

Civil institutions do not create marriage nor can they create a right to marry for those who are incapable of marriage.

Marriage was established by the Creator with its own nature, essential properties and purpose that include the procreation and upbringing of new human lives.

Sadly, marriage has been reduced to another commodity in our culture.

In an age when children can be manufactured and grown in the body of a surrogate when they want--while millions are being aborted manufactured by the agencies of the civil government.

They are multiplying--while real rights, fundamental human rights, which have been endowed upon us by GOD, are being taken away, one after another.

When sexual behavior between two men or two women is viewed as providing a foundation for a new civil right to marry, the real common good of society is placed at risk.

When those who oppose this mistake are routinely characterized as bigots, overt persecution of the church is close at hand.

Let's pray that our justices of the U.S. Supreme Court will do theright thing for all Americans and uphold the traditional meaning of marriage.

S.Wright

I agree with this, lets not pander to a group of people who are dealing in sexual perversion and omit the Americans who are totally against this.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#124477 Apr 5, 2013
Dems R Hypocrites wrote:
You have extremes from both sides. Extremism has always been a bad thing. I happen to be a moderate Republican....something that I heard a Republican Congressman say doesn't need to be in their party or something along that line. People need to stop listening to those extreme voices so we can find consensus on our problems. We need to get the extremists out of our policy making. jmo
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#124478 Apr 5, 2013
Media Mash: Chris Matthews Clueless About Domestic Violence, Blames Conservatives for Murders of Texas Prosecutors

By Ken Shepherd | April 05, 2013 | 11:29

Clueless Chris Matthews stepped into it this week when he expressed shock that women actually fear domestic violence. After watching the clip on the "Media Mash" segment on Fox News Channel's April 3 edition of Hannity, NewsBusters publisher Brent Bozell observed "It is a head scratcher because he spent all of last year and all of 2011 telling us that there was a war on women." [video embedded below the page break]

"He doesn't understand that there are -- in 2010, there were 765,000 cases documented of attacks on women. So suddenly he's oblivious to that," the Media Research Center founder observed. Host Sean Hannity also addressed the latest incident where Chris Matthews tried to tar conservatives with murderous violence, this time the slayings of prosecutors in Texas that may be connected to the Aryan Brotherhood. Responding to that video, Bozell observed:

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124479 Apr 5, 2013
Joe Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
"Much less wanting to like someone of the opposite SEX!
Teen age years ARE bad enuf as it IS!"
Amen Sister!
If we start teaching them to like the opposite sex we might as well call it the end!
Ya stupid nimrod
IF you can't ----- RECOGNIZE ----that as a mistake ...
you are the NIMROD!

dumchit!
Sara

Clifton, NJ

#124480 Apr 5, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some of that ignorance I was talking about earlier.
All the president said was that what the government can do is limited by the second amendment which is exactly what so many of us have been trying to tell those of you that have been running around screaming "he's going to take our guns".
No he isn't, because we have the second amendment.
You should be thankful that he recognizes the limitations of government authority imposed by the constitution and stop with all the fear mongering.
Should be thankful that the duly elected President of the United States of America recognizes the rules set forth in the Constitution?

Keep drinking that rainbow colored koolaid Dorthy. A mind is a terrible thing to waste but it happened to you. Probably the same time they took out your spine.
Michelle Malkin Rocks

San Bernardino, CA

#124482 Apr 5, 2013
April 5, 2013 12:00 A.M.
Smiley-Face Lies and Homicide Hogwash in Dem Hellholes
Rahm Emanuel and Barack Obama push a liberal agenda as their city is awash in blood.

By Michelle Malkin

President Obama’s hometown of Chicago still goes by the old nickname “Windy City.” But after three miserable decades of strict gun control and permanent Democratic rule, Chicago has cemented its reputation as America’s Bloody City.

No amount of statistical whitewashing can cover up the stains of the Left’s ideological failures there. But as Obama continues to wage war on law-abiding gun owners, his home team is trying its hardest to spread smiley-face lies upon damned lies to downplay Chicago homicide statistics.

On Monday, April Fools’ Day, Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel and Chicago Police superintendent Garry McCarthy held a press conference to tout a “dramatic” drop in the city’s homicide rate. The headlines read:“March homicides drop dramatically in Chicago”(USA Today),“Murders fall 42 percent in America’s deadliest city: Chicago”(NBC News), and “March homicides drop 69 percent in Chicago”(Las Vegas Sun).”

Emanuel trumpeted the drop as a “good sign.” He hyped statistics to the Associated Press showing that first-quarter 2013 murders in Chicago are tied with numbers from the same time period in 2009. Murders decreased 69 percent compared with the same month last year; first-quarter homicides fell by 42 percent compared with the same time frame last year. Emanuel insisted:“We are clearly having an impact on the homicides.”

But it’s all in how you slice, dice, and spin it, of course.

Read more: http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/344752...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124483 Apr 5, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Gays don't confuse our children. I happen to know two gay men that have raised a son. He's been straight A's and not into any drugs or bad stuff. He's polite and in his late teens now and couldn't be anymore heterosexual if he had been raised by some. What you don't seem to understand or accept is that homosexuallity isn't something one can catch. You're either wired that way or your not.
Now you have professed to be a Christian do you feel it's your place to be judging anyone? Didn't Christ walk the walk and live without sin, dying for our sins, then being raised from the grave for all of us. He's the one that God has placed at his right hand to judge us all. It isn't our job nor is it our right to judge others.
A study of the concordance will show that there are more references in Scripture to the anger, fury, and wrath of God, than there are to His love and tenderness.36

The wrath of God is an attribute of God as much a part of God as any other attribute, an attribute without which God would be less than God:

Now the wrath of God is as much a Divine perfection as is His faithfulness, power, or mercy. It must be so, for there is no blemish whatever, not the slightest defect in the character of God; yet there would be if ‘wrath’ were absent from Him!37

If we are going to discuss the wrath of God, we must first define it.

http://bible.org/seriespage/wrath-god

Definition of WRATH

: strong vengeful anger or indignation
: retributory punishment for an offense or a crime[sodomy IS in there]: divine chastisement
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wra...

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#124484 Apr 5, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey WA.
Hi Jax
Yes it is about equality. As to the benefits of marriage they are many. Those rights are given to some of the people but not to all of the people again unequality. There are responsibilities that go along with marriage. But that isn't the reason most of those that don't want marriage between same sex couples. It really doesn't have the benefits or responsibilities. It's more Bibical in nature. But our laws have a separation of Church and state even if those that only want the parts that protect them to be acknowledged. It's funny when it effects another well now let's just step back and think about this. To me there is nothing to think about it's an Americans right to marry between two consenting adults the person they love and want to make a commitment with.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124485 Apr 5, 2013
Conclusion:
The Implications of Divine Wrath
The first and most obvious implication of the biblical doctrine of divine wrath is that sinners

desperately

need to repent of their sin and place their trust in Christ,

who bore God’s wrath for their sin at Calvary. Let me make it more personal.

Have your sins been forgiven, or is the wrath of God your fate?

The solution is as simple as acknowledging your sin and trusting in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in your place.

http://bible.org/seriespage/wrath-god

Dog it some more :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 9 min brad 662
For Obama, a good December, but hard choices li... 10 min Le Duped 24
Sen. Rodriguez proposes principals, good data a... 16 min Rural living 13
Monday's Letters: Thanks to police officers 1 hr wild child 1
Sen. Rodriguez proposes principles, good data a... 1 hr Rural living 2
Obama administration accused of political motiv... 2 hr Earl 5
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr X Crypsis X 137,099
More from around the web