The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Jun 10

Franklin, TN

#124202 Apr 4, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just say corporate centrist Democrats because liberals always had zero power in America on big ticket items.
A POX ON BOTH HOUSES IMO.
I do not blame authentic conservatives like Ron Paul or authentic liberals like Bernie Sanders.
That's all I'm saying.
Nothing more Nothing less.
I gotcha.
Sunny

Longview, WA

#124203 Apr 4, 2013
Funny Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Doob Doob Doob Doob
Right Right Right Right
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124204 Apr 4, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, nobody cares.
The "nobodies" like u don't care!
Some people do!

As you can SEE from my post another one WAS DELETED ...
Where I misspelled American

OR

It would be on here ...
WITHOUT making THIS one lQQk stupid!... without it!
nym8387

United States

#124205 Apr 4, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeje!!!!
We can have a lotta fun with that subject...!
F.O.X.- For Oxymorons & Xenophobes
Fox has millions of viewers and just 616 surveyed speak for all of us? you democrats use polls for everything and it's funny as hell.
The Five Rocks

San Bernardino, CA

#124206 Apr 4, 2013
Does The White House ‘Dread’ Drudge? The Five Crew Takes On The Power Of The Conservative Site
by Matt Wilstein | 6:47 pm, April 4th, 2013

After White House Senior Advisor Dan Pfeiffer pointed out what he sees as the “damaging” effects of conservative news aggregator The Drudge Report, the hosts of Fox News’ The Five thought it was a good time to ask if independent owner Matt Drudge is on the White House’s “enemies list.”

Eric Bolling kicked off the discussion by reviewing the daunting numbers: 33 million visits in the last 24 hours, 900 million in the last month, 11 billion in the last year. With influence like that on the web and a consistently anti-Obama conservative message, he asked if the White House “fears” The Drudge Report.

Read more: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/does-the-white-hou...
nym8387

United States

#124207 Apr 4, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Girl?
Pfft. Oh ralffie.
Talking tough over the computer is really quite pathetic.
YOU better "chill out" before you spring a leak ralffie, all those spare parts and all.
;)
Is that you Frito?stop running away and do what you said
Funny Sunny

Canyon Country, CA

#124208 Apr 4, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>
That's tripping me out.
Righteous Doobs.

“Indulgences for Sale”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Vaticano, Roma, Italia

#124210 Apr 4, 2013
EricaTN wrote:
<quoted text>
The part about democrats being far more likely than conservatives to disconnect from people who disagree with them is something I have definately found to be true in my life. I've seen it in my family, I've seen it in here. On facebook I've been unfriended by who I thought were democrat friends...simply by voicing an opinion....oh well. It's sad that all other good qualities about a person are dismissed as soon as they dare have a different view of things.
It's all about the attitude, my child. It's all about the attitude.

Level 9

San Jose, CA

#124212 Apr 4, 2013
lil swill wrote:
<quoted text>
Native Americans continue to be frustrated and outraged that the jewish owner of the Redskins will not change the name they consider derogatory and insulting to them.
deny it.
And returning to the TOPIC of my original post on this, the article was football players "coming out" and the story was talking about the Redskins.

It had nothing to do Native Americans objections to their name, and I never denied it. It was simply irrelevant. There are still many names that various groups feel offended by, so what's your point?

Like I said, I doubt you care about either Jews or Native Americans. Now buzz off and stop pestering me with your petty nonsense.

Homosexuality Among Native Americans

When English and French-Canadian fur trappers first grew acquainted with the cultures of the Native Americans among whom they found themselves, they were surprised to find that there were significant numbers of men dressed as women among the tribes of the region.

What intrigued them the most, however, was the esteem with which these men were held by their fellow tribesmen. These men were considered to be spiritually gifted, a special gift to the tribe by God, men with a particular insight into spiritual matters. As they were encountered in most tribes, the trappers chose a French word to describe them all:“berdache.”

Personally, as a person of Native American descent, I thoroughly dislike that term, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that it is ultimately perjorative in its roots. Native Americans find the term offensive as it comes ultimately from the Arabic where it means roughly,‘male prostitute,’ a thoroughly unacceptable term to be used for their highly respected spiritual advisors and elders.

The term “Two-Spirit” has been proposed as a replacement, but I find that it too is lacking, in that there is no universal agreement on its meanings, some of which are also perjorative. Yet what it does convey is a sense that these people have a special gift – being in two worlds at once, the normal material world, but also an sensitivity to a special gift of the spirit that only people like themselves can experience.

Other terms also fail to convey the breadth of the phenomenon and the esteem in which these men were held. While men living as men with other men were a phenomenon that varied widely among tribes, the phenomenon of the man dressed as a woman who engaged in the pursuit of spiritual matters was almost universal among North American tribes. The term,“Two-Spirit” is a term I will use, then, to describe this phenomenon in this section of this essay, in spite of its shortcomings.

There were exceptions, of course, to the celebration of Two-Spirits, such as the Pimas of Arizona, but in most cases, Native American tribes, particularly the tribes of the Great Plains and the Southwest, were greatly admiring of their Two-Spirits. Among the Hopi and the Zuni of Arizona and New Mexico, these Two-Spirits held a special status. They were keepers of the ancient traditional stories of creation, healing and growth. But more than that, they were the keepers of the spiritual traditions, recognized for their special gift of being “between genders.”

Indeed, some tribes considered their Two-Spirits as being in the middle of a continuum of gender, not an abberation between two opposite genders as the western European model would have it. In this way, they were prescient of the view of many modern psychologists, who themselves are uncomfortable with the black/white, either/or gender identification of the European model.

http://reflectionsasia.wordpress.com/2007/09/...
Sunny

Longview, WA

#124213 Apr 4, 2013
Funny Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Righteous Doobs.
YaYaYaYa Legal Legal Legal Legal

“Indulgences for Sale”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Vaticano, Roma, Italia

#124214 Apr 4, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome aboard ... D0ctorMag1c ... ;~)
Let the TRUTH come out!
I'm praying for you and D0ctorMag1c, my child. Any other sock will cost you $20.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#124216 Apr 4, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>That's tripping me out.
I'm not surprised.

Level 9

San Jose, CA

#124217 Apr 4, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Pointing out the hypocrisy of the left, deny it, liar.
I mentioned the Redskins to prove the hypocrisy and racism of the left and the jewish owner of them.
Hypocrite, all leftists, the native Americans can go f themselves, right?
You are freakin' insane.

Let me get this straight:

You're now saying that the owner of the Redskins football team is a liberal? And he must be because he's Jewish?

So according to your screwball logic, all liberals don't care anything about the Redskins and their name so that makes them "hypocrites" and "racists?"

Hahahhahaah!!! LMFAO! ROTFLMAO!

You can't be serious with this nonsense, but thanks for proving the ignorance AND narrow-mindedness of the far-right loonies posting here.

You don't give a chit about Native Americans or what they think about the name "Redskins." That makes YOU the hypocrite. You're going to have to come up something more substantial than this. You dislike "liberals" and "Jews" it appears. So who are YOU calling "racists?"

Level 9

San Jose, CA

#124218 Apr 4, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the scumbag hypocrite phony Obama? Silent, no conservative to blame.
LMAO! Obama is supposed to do something about the Redskins football team and their name?

Please, I can't take anymore. You're making me laugh way too much.

Level 9

San Jose, CA

#124219 Apr 4, 2013
same0same0 wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax Deadhead, everybody hates the Raiders. You don't hear them whining like you. Especially like the Broncos after that last debacle playoff game! are you done grieving?
Hey, what about the Cleveland Indians and baseball?

Unfair, unfair, unfair, I object. It's Obama's fault and probably a Jewish liberal.

No wait, I think Obama IS a Jewish liberal.
Sunny Daze

Canyon Country, CA

#124221 Apr 4, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>
YaYaYaYa Legal Legal Legal Legal
Mellow Yellow Sunny Daze.
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#124222 Apr 4, 2013
4 More Ways Obama's Gun Control Speech Sows Mistrust

Jacob Sullum|Apr. 4, 2013 1:31 pm

White HouseWhite HouseAs I noted earlier today, President Obama professes to be worried about a lack of trust and empathy in the gun control debate, even as he accuses his opponents of blocking life-saving legislation out of sheer partisan perversity. Here are a few other ways in which Obama's speech in Denver sows mistrust:

Read more: http://reason.com/blog/2013/04/04/4-more-ways...
Give it up

Las Vegas, NV

#124224 Apr 4, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, what about the Cleveland Indians and baseball?
Unfair, unfair, unfair, I object. It's Obama's fault and probably a Jewish liberal.
No wait, I think Obama IS a Jewish liberal.
The only time you're funny is when you are yourself.
Tell me what a hypocritical liar I am... That's what we all live for. ROTFLMFAO
fish

United States

#124226 Apr 4, 2013
North Korea! Wow, now there is a problem.

First of all, you have this young guy with no experience in charge. He doesn't know a tank from a lego toy. He's never run a country before and it falls into his lap for dubious reasons. He's in charge despite the fact that he's unproven, untested and more or less clueless. That seems a formula for disaster.

But enough about Obama....

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#124228 Apr 4, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it higgens but tell me what federal benefits do married couples receive other than filing married filing jointly on their taxes?? This whole issue is born out of nothing but greed..
Eagle
Married couples have a lot of benefits.
Tax Benefits
Estate Planning Benefits
Government Benefits
Employment Benefits
Medical Benefits
Death Benefits
Family Benefits
Housing Benefits
Consumer Benefits
Other Legal Benefits and Protections
Now is that enough for you Eagle....You should be aware of all these as you've been married before.
Here check it out.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/marria...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boehner, Back in DC, Denies Mocking GOP Colleag... (Apr '14) 45 min swedenforever 13
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 3 hr Hingle McCringleb... 1,677
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr anne bonny 137,372
The Smart Way to Stop Illegal Immigration 5 hr spud 37
Mexico's Take Over Of California: Complete By 2... (Jun '09) 6 hr Larry 27,522
Ron Johnson tells constituents U.S. must secure... 8 hr wild child 1
Crossing the border to attend US schools 8 hr wild child 5
More from around the web