The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393358 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Sunny

Longview, WA

#123994 Apr 4, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're trying a bit hard, aren't you Sunny?
Still failing though. ;)
Super-X able to jump of porch faster then a chipmunk more powerful then a bicyle oh Super-X can you save us from all them misspelled words.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#123995 Apr 4, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already answered that.
For one, that the people you support here are racist and bigoted, and if you don't recognize that, then you are either sympathetic to their racism or completely ignorant. Maybe a little of both?
This, to me, is an obvious truth.
Just for example, American Lady.
She has already posted that she believes race mixing is an abomination and wrong. This is clearly racism yet you often support her and her posts.
Wouldn't you rather carry on in Italian? lol
First of all, Just when are you going to understand and then take into consideration that EVERYONE WHO POSTS here IS racist, hypocritical, bigoted , TELLS a lie, and is ignorant in something....... in some degree or another.
WHEN ARE YOU going to recognize this X-MAN.
That is truth for you
It is also a cold hard FACT that you cannot deny whether spoken in Italian, English or Pharsi.
OUR president failing us also is a cold hard fact that you refuse to accept.
And I don't want to continue in Italian. It is not fair to the rest of my community and is akin to a "closed door session", another dishonest tactic designed to insulate tyrants from the community.
How is that for TRUTH? Drink that up and put the kool-aid down.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#123996 Apr 4, 2013
And furthermore I sometimes do support some of what you say too.
Like I said, I support ideas, not people.
People should support themselves the way God intended.
higgans

Avon, IN

#123997 Apr 4, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it higgens but tell me what federal benefits do married couples receive other than filing married filing jointly on their taxes?? This whole issue is born out of nothing but greed..
Eagle
IMO, the whole 'marriage' thing is simply an 'in your face', radical, extreme move to keep things divided.

by who? a very minor and vocal and well-backed faction of the Gay community.

do some gays, maybe even Jax, really want the 'sanctity' of marriage? sure, just like opp. sex couples that shack-up often call each other husband and wife.

the fact is, 2000 years of Modern, recorded history leaves an imprint on the human psychie. being married is the 'right' thing to be, and, people being people, they WANT to be 'right'... despite their actions and habits.

remember Rev Jackson attacking the age old use of 'illegitimate' to describe (especially) out-of-wedlock black children?

fast forward to a major news service 'outlawing' the words illegal immigrants as being 'too judgemental' or someone like X-man equating the LEGAL term with racism!

or, the folks on here denying NORMAL and ABNORMAL parameters.

when TRUTH and facts upset THEIR sense of 'right', it is much more enabling and personally gratifying to attack the TRUTHS and facts.

all of these re-actions stem from one or two sources: they 'hate' themselves, SOME aspect of 'them' or, there is an AGENDA... usually some kind of change... and, since they are attacking REALITY (TRUTH and facts), the 'change' can NOT be good.

budget deficits and National Debt are symptons of WRONGFUL govt spending. so, attack the revenue sources and demonize them... NOT the reasons for the excessive, WRONGFUL, spending.

simple, really.

oh, and when one side cannot attack the TRUTHS and facts, they attack the messengers.

tactics as old as Man.... evil men.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#123998 Apr 4, 2013
The idea that our president has failed is an idea that I support.
All I can say is that Obama had better not fail us when it comes to North Korea Or we all are screwed.
Can you say "EMP"?
Vacuum tubes vs transistors?
Carbuerateors vs electronic fuel injection?
Land line vs cell phone?
All nuclear fusion produces an EMP.
Think long and hard people.
Seriously.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#123999 Apr 4, 2013
BBL

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#124000 Apr 4, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
My level?
Atlanta?
Just what exactly is my level according to you?
Am I typing with a southern accent?
Typing with a southern accent? It's not so much your pecking style as it is your underlying theme.

Conservatives would call the disguise you wear distasteful, you see it as empowering. Still, altering the cut of your 'super hero' robe and hood does little to conceal your nature.
higgans

Avon, IN

#124001 Apr 4, 2013
positronium wrote:
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
all I asked was for a HYPOTHETICAL example. NO PERSONAL DETAILS.
SHEEEESH....
give me something I can check out for myself.
stocks? bonds? some piece of property one doesn't want the other's name on BEFORE death but says, "Oh, yeah, sweetie, it's YOURS after....".
a couple or partnership NOT taking steps prior to death is not the same as paying taxes just because they aren't 'married'.
you MIGHT be right... pardon the hell out of ME if I don't take your word for it.
I can't think of what 'property' a committed couple would keep separate having been married for over 40 years.
I guess it comes down to ones definition of 'trust' and 'commitment', eh?
btw, you two got a pre-nup? you don't have to answer but that may explain the situation....<quoted text>It sure is "born out of nothing but greed".....
Also a joint tenancy on ALL property. Works as equally as being married.......
heck, Posi, any experienced adult KNOWS that if you want JOINT ownership, you put BOTH names on the title/whatever.

absent the words 'and/OR', it takes BOTH parties to transfer/sell/whatever. AND, at the time of Death, title/whatever defaults to the survivor, period.

there can't be any 'extra' or estate taxes... THE SURVIVOR ALREADY OWNS IT. now, they are SOLE owner.

me thinks some body's 'soul mate' has assets in his name ONLY... that some one THINKS should be his AFTER (or, has been PROMISED).

maybe a safety deposit box with his name ONLY?:)

the point, MY point, is he made a blanket statement and I need proof... based on WHAT I know.

NOT specific, PERSONAL info... just a what if.

I've looked at survivorship rights, after he made his post. couldn't find anythig to back-up HIS blanket statement. I don't just pull these things out of MY arse and pretend to know every-freakin'-thing. hell, I'm NOT a pro-Progressive poster!LOL

stay FROSTEE...

Level 1

Since: Jun 09

Schenectady, NY

#124002 Apr 4, 2013
Maybe the Liberterains have it right.. Take the government out of marriage period. If this is merely a contractual agreement the is nothing gained by re-defining marraige that a well written contract could solve. Create a will, put thing joint in tenant, etc. the only thing to resolve id benefits, and IRS issues. Let marriage stay a religious ceremony but revoke the need for licenses. The wrong concept of the marriage license was to stop the yellow race from marrying Americans and then the further the Jim Crowe laws.. George Washington never had a marriage license, they didn't exist. He went to his church signed a book and got married. No government involvement whatsoever. No court ever discouraged a well written contract.
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#124003 Apr 4, 2013
Obama: I could get a lot more done with Pelosi as speaker, you know
posted at 12:01 pm on April 4, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

Obama’s “you’re on your own”-attitude toward the DCCC and the DSCC during the 2012 campaign cycle was not particularly appreciated by his very vexed fellow Democrats, but he’s already starting to make good on his Lone-Ranger-no-more promise to help them with the 2014 midterms — he is going to need a fully Democratic Congress to have any hope of securing his legacy, after all.

During the first of the at least fourteen promised Democratic campaign swings this year, the president paid the usual lip service to sincerely wanting to work with Republicans (“Look, my intention here is to try to get as much done with the Republican Party over the next two years as I can, because we can’t have perpetual campaigns… I am looking to find areas of common ground with Republicans every single day,” blah blah blah), but made no secret of the fact that he’s looking for a Democratic takeover. Via Roll Call:

Read more: http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/04/obama-i...
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#124004 Apr 4, 2013
ADP jobs report in March shows 158K growth in private sector (poll fixed)
posted at 9:21 am on April 4, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Tomorrow the BLS will release the official jobs report for March 2013, so once again we look to ADP and Gallup for predictive indicators. ADP, which uses its extensive payroll-service data to estimate job growth in the private sector, usually comes in higher than the BLS, and that may mean a relatively poor report tomorrow, as ADP estimated growth of only 158,000 jobs last month — barely keeping pace with population growth:

Read more: http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/04/adp-job...

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#124006 Apr 4, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Super-X able to jump of porch faster then a chipmunk more powerful then a bicyle oh Super-X can you save us from all them misspelled words.
No one can save you from the amount of misspelled words you post.

Between you and Quirky we are all doomed.

Level 8

Location hidden

#124007 Apr 4, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, Just when are you going to understand and then take into consideration that EVERYONE WHO POSTS here IS racist, hypocritical, bigoted , TELLS a lie, and is ignorant in something....... in some degree or another.
WHEN ARE YOU going to recognize this X-MAN.
That is truth for you
It is also a cold hard FACT that you cannot deny whether spoken in Italian, English or Pharsi.
OUR president failing us also is a cold hard fact that you refuse to accept.
And I don't want to continue in Italian. It is not fair to the rest of my community and is akin to a "closed door session", another dishonest tactic designed to insulate tyrants from the community.
How is that for TRUTH? Drink that up and put the kool-aid down.
That is simply not true Posit. I think you conservatives tell yourselves that to get yourselves off the hook but it just isn't true.

You and your ilk are indeed the racist ones here, and it is truly ugly Posit. I don't think you are ignorant, so you must be sympathetic. Unfortunate indeed.

“Lets Go - Why Not”

Level 6

Since: Jun 11

Laredo Tornado

#124008 Apr 4, 2013
American Lady wrote:
West Virginia Sheriff Shot and Killed Outside Courthouse[a Good man]
http://abcnews.go.com/US/west-virginia-sherif...
UPDATE: Mingo County sheriff killed, suspect in custody[TOUGH on drug dealers]
http://www.dailymail.com/News/breakingnews/20...
Downright Dirty shame bout this, I say that cuz I met some good people from West 'ByGawd' Virginia, in the military and work. Real down to earth, god-fearing people. But the bad ones can be real bad.
Don't matter none what where these drug people come from or who they represent. They spread a plague upon all Americans and like any disease, we got's to fight it like a disease.
Anyways, I know the people of West Virgina will rise to the occasion.

MATEWAN
[West Virginia, May 19, 1920]

http://youtu.be/PvVWWFRW0mw
cinecom/87'/JSayles

Level 8

Location hidden

#124009 Apr 4, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Typing with a southern accent? It's not so much your pecking style as it is your underlying theme.
Conservatives would call the disguise you wear distasteful, you see it as empowering. Still, altering the cut of your 'super hero' robe and hood does little to conceal your nature.
The disguise? Wtf are you talking about? Are you implying that I am a racist?

If so, please do provide some proof to your accusation, otherwise, find your way back under that big heavy rock you crawled out from.

;)

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Serving sarcasm since 2007

#124010 Apr 4, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
heck, Posi, any experienced adult KNOWS that if you want JOINT ownership, you put BOTH names on the title/whatever.
absent the words 'and/OR', it takes BOTH parties to transfer/sell/whatever. AND, at the time of Death, title/whatever defaults to the survivor, period.
there can't be any 'extra' or estate taxes... THE SURVIVOR ALREADY OWNS IT. now, they are SOLE owner.
me thinks some body's 'soul mate' has assets in his name ONLY... that some one THINKS should be his AFTER (or, has been PROMISED).
the point, MY point, is he made a blanket statement and I need proof... based on WHAT I know.
I've looked at survivorship rights, after he made his post. couldn't find anythig to back-up HIS blanket statement. I don't just pull these things out of MY arse and pretend to know every-freakin'-thing. hell, I'm NOT a pro-Progressive poster!LOL
stay FROSTEE...
Why can't you and the other busybody stick to the issues and stay out of others' personal lives? And don't tell me you have no interest there, most of your time here is spent digging, accusing, and ridiculing. If you don't agree, simply state what you've found and any opinion you'd care to add and leave it at that.

Your interest in the personal details of other posters is downright creepy and suspect, IMO.
Sunny

Longview, WA

#124011 Apr 4, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can save you from the amount of misspelled words you post.
Between you and Quirky we are all doomed.
Damn your not going to spell check any more Super-X,DOOMED WHAT THE HELL your X-Man please don't talk like that your giving me tears.
Quickie Mart Marriage

Anaheim, CA

#124012 Apr 4, 2013
Cfoote wrote:
Maybe the Liberterains have it right.. Take the government out of marriage period. If this is merely a contractual agreement the is nothing gained by re-defining marraige that a well written contract could solve. Create a will, put thing joint in tenant, etc. the only thing to resolve id benefits, and IRS issues. Let marriage stay a religious ceremony but revoke the need for licenses. The wrong concept of the marriage license was to stop the yellow race from marrying Americans and then the further the Jim Crowe laws.. George Washington never had a marriage license, they didn't exist. He went to his church signed a book and got married. No government involvement whatsoever. No court ever discouraged a well written contract.
Judge says Virginia marriage law unfair to Sikhs

A Fairfax County judge has ruled in favor of four Sikh men who challenged a Virginia law that required them to pay $500 to perform marriage ceremonies.

The law exempts ordained ministers from various faiths from posting a $500 bond to perform weddings. The Sikh men said the law discriminates against them because their faith has no ordained ministers.

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/04/judge-says-vi...

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Serving sarcasm since 2007

#124013 Apr 4, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the whole thing in a nutshell. If the state cannot say that two boys effing is wrong then the state cannot say that it's wrong for a 14 year old girl to marry a 50 year old man or a adult male cannot marry as many adult wives as he pleases. Pot smokers are people too and they aught to have the same right to carry weed as the American citizen who lives in Colorado. States that allow 14 year old farm kids a permit to drive the farm truck cannot deny 14 year old city dwellers from driving hot rods down the busy city streets where they live. Why should we force American citizens to wait until they are 21 years old to drink alcohol when we allow 16 year old's to consent to sex and get married legally? The gay marriage issue is not the only issue we have to consider when we tell the federal government that they cannot define something as traditional as marriage.
Some people are so caught up in their own little selfish world that they could care less about anything else. Every other civil right is silly and their issue is all that matters.
Anyone who disagrees is an idiot who has no effing clue what the hell they are talking about. Am I right?
No, you are not.

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#124014 Apr 4, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
stay FROSTEE...
When it comes to real estate, marriage in itself does not guarantee that the property transfers to the surviving spouse. If the title is in the name of the deceased only then the surviving spouse must seek a decree of descent. If the deceased has children, grandchildren or even great grandchildren, any of them have rights and must wave those rights to the real estate. Even if the property is held jointly the surviving spouse will still need a decree of descent for the deceased owners portion of the rights to that property. Only if the title includes a survivor clause will the survivor gain full ownership upon death of the partner.

Joint owners of real estate do not need to be married to have survivor clauses written into the title or deed and marriage alone does not exempt the survivor from inheritance taxes.

I've purchased property from a married couple while both were alive and the title was marketable because both spouses signed the quit claim deed. I later purchase a different piece of land from the widow of that same couple and had to pay lawyer to make that property marketable because the way the title was written, the widow only had the right to sell her half of the property rights and the decedents of the deceased man had to surrender their rights to that property. Luckily, the widow who sold me that property was still alive to force her great grandchildren to sign the waivers.

There are many rules in probate law and every state is different but marriage alone is no guarantee to property rights. If you are married, you should check your state's laws and ensure your titles and deeds are written in a way to ensure that ownership transfers upon death so that your loved ones are not left with a big mess after you are gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 56 min Outfitter for La ... 142,251
News The great Mexican wall deception: Trump's Ameri... 2 hr Paul P Tretiakoff 1
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 2 hr Swedenforever of ... 77
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 hr Swedenforever of ... 7,921
News Lawsuit opens new front in Obama immigration le... 3 hr Wildchild 6
News Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If... 3 hr Wildchild 12
News Hillary Clinton's Felonious Friends in Virginia 3 hr NoToGreedyPolitic... 1
More from around the web