The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 388040 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#123902 Apr 3, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I challenged you to convince me and So far I haven't seen anything from you except ridicule in a language different from my native one. I am still waiting and you are wussing out on me. Do you still have a pair? Sometimes I wonder..
And I am saying to you, that if the you're not willing to admit the basic truths then there is no where to go from here.

Honesty is imperative in the search for truth. Any true philosopher knows that.

I gave you an opportunity to come clean, be honest, admit the truth about yourself and those you support. You chose to do what your doing now, which is deflect and try to put it on me.

If you want to be honest, we can both move forward on a level that is rarely seen in this place.
What He Said

Anaheim, CA

#123903 Apr 3, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, X.
Quirky has no conscience when it comes to lying about people. Maybe it's pathological?
The Violent Disorder of Our Public Mind

Freud knew as much when he asked at the conclusion of Civilization and its Discontents:

… would not the diagnosis be justified that many systems of civilization - or epochs of it - possibly even the whole of humanity - have become "neurotic" under the pressure of civilizing trends?
Nevertheless, it is true that in our time the term "insanity" tends to refer to a private malady. We lack an appropriate term for disorders of the public mind for the fundamental reason that we lack any notion of the "public mind" itself. And the reason for this disappearance is not that the phenomenon itself has ceased to exist but that public consciousness has become so fragmented and atomic that this collective form of consciousness tends to lack self-awareness. But this dissolution is itself the very form of public consciousness that is so important for us to grasp.

http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/15304-the-v...

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

#123904 Apr 3, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not notice and baldness a little while ago when I looked in the mirror. You are just as lame as Rose. Some times you two make it like a seen from that show Jackazz. You know like a skate board dude racking himself or some dude smacking his skull on the pavement!
lol
Wow, that sounds EXACTLY like you! You're doing it again, describing yourself. LOL!

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#123905 Apr 3, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
There are lots of memory lane file on here Rose. And they are all the truth because they are in your own words.
lololol
And this is where you get desperate and cowardly, and try threatening me with personal information.

But what you've done in the past is LIED about things I posted. So go for it, wuss. Do what you do best because you're a coward, a liar and a weak little man who's afraid of his own shadow.

Level 8

Location hidden

#123906 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I know the feeling, and I've felt that way for a very long time.
You see, when your arguing/discussing an issue with people who are narrow-minded, dishonest, and unable to be objective, you may as well beat your head against a brick wall. It would be less painful in the long run.
I have no patience for ignorance and those who distort the truth and facts just to suit their own agendas.
I know you posted this to Jack, but I just wanted to point out, just look at that poster Reality.

When I started asking her some hard questions her she had no answer.

Why? Because, everything she posts here is regurgitated rhetoric that she absorbs on some right wing media site.

Her entire ideology comes from the mouths of buffoons and when I asked her a question that had not been covered by taught rhetoric she had no answer.

Then, you saw what happened. Both Jaxx and I asked questions to which she just deflected and ran away.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123907 Apr 3, 2013
TUESDAY, APR 2, 2013
White supremacists suspected in murder of Texas DA
A December law enforcement bulletin had warned they might try to attack police or prosecutors
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/02/white_suprema...
pitiful!:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123908 Apr 3, 2013
H o r n e t P i n a t a wrote:
<quoted text>
A known Liar, well now for once your right on the money!
----------
American Lady
Danville, KY
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
6 hrs ago
Judged:
[Agree]
[Clueless]
[Nuts]
Former county judge <<--<<<
questioned in Texas DA's slaying
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/03/17 ...
the plot thickens ...
SURE ... they would LOVE to have Aryan BH as suspects in THIS!
Throw OFF the true "scent" ..
SEE above post!:)

and below!

;~)

FROM Page 5219 Post #123176
TUESDAY, APR 2, 2013
White supremacists suspected in murder of Texas DA
A December law enforcement bulletin had warned they might try to attack police or prosecutors
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/02/white_suprema...
;~)

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#123909 Apr 3, 2013
What He Said wrote:
<quoted text>The Violent Disorder of Our Public Mind
Freud knew as much when he asked at the conclusion of Civilization and its Discontents:
… would not the diagnosis be justified that many systems of civilization - or epochs of it - possibly even the whole of humanity - have become "neurotic" under the pressure of civilizing trends?
Nevertheless, it is true that in our time the term "insanity" tends to refer to a private malady. We lack an appropriate term for disorders of the public mind for the fundamental reason that we lack any notion of the "public mind" itself. And the reason for this disappearance is not that the phenomenon itself has ceased to exist but that public consciousness has become so fragmented and atomic that this collective form of consciousness tends to lack self-awareness. But this dissolution is itself the very form of public consciousness that is so important for us to grasp.
Interesting, but to take his theory one step further:

If you have little to no awareness of your own individual consciousness and enough people have that same lack of awareness the "public consciousness" is diluted exponentially and suffers.

In other words, as principles like honesty, courage, integrity, compassion become weaker in the individual the entire "public consciousness" weakens.

But I don't think Freud could foresee how the Internet has contributed to this destructiveness, and it has in a big way.

Level 8

Location hidden

#123910 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
And this is where you get desperate and cowardly, and try threatening me with personal information.
But what you've done in the past is LIED about things I posted. So go for it, wuss. Do what you do best because you're a coward, a liar and a weak little man who's afraid of his own shadow.
You hit the nail right on the head. What a despicable person he is.

Quirky

Brighton, CO

#123911 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Wow, that sounds EXACTLY like you! You're doing it again, describing yourself. LOL!
Still no originality just copy cat. lolol
LMAO

Las Vegas, NV

#123912 Apr 3, 2013
Where's Rico and or the scarecrow NTR?
They leave poor little Jack, X-Man and Rosie out to dry?
LMAO you three sure don't seem to mind being humiliated by those you speak so lowly of.

LMAO

“Can You Believe It?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#123913 Apr 3, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Be safe Lil Bonnie. Hope to see you again soon. Luv Ya Man !!
:)
"Luv Ya Man"

So Bonnie is a man....ROFLMAO Thanks for that info
que ball....LMAO

Level 8

Location hidden

#123914 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! And with a brown nose besides.
Interesting how this one issue can turn people so quickly into fans and supporters of previous opponents.
Tools for fools?
Good point. I'm a bit shocked to be honest.

I do think Dp is an intelligent guy and although I don't think he has made a good enough argument to prove his point, it's interesting that the right had to have someone from the left just to make an intelligent argument. LOL

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#123915 Apr 3, 2013
What He Said wrote:
<quoted text>The Violent Disorder of Our Public Mind
I'm still reading this article. It's fascinating, especially the part about capitalism and democracy being contradictory ideas.

Thanks for sharing this.

Level 8

Location hidden

#123916 Apr 3, 2013
LMAO wrote:
LMAO you three sure don't seem to mind being humiliated by those you speak so lowly of.
LMAO
Yet, it is you that is hiding who you are to post this like a coward.

One hardly needs to speak lowly of you to show what you really are.

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#123917 Apr 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. I'm a bit shocked to be honest.
I do think Dp is an intelligent guy and although I don't think he has made a good enough argument to prove his point, it's interesting that the right had to have someone from the left just to make an intelligent argument. LOL
LOL! Funny, X.

Truth is I don't believe the majority of these right-wing posters read all of DP's posts let alone understand them.

They simply think they've found someone who will join forces with them against the liberals on this issue. That's all they ever care about really--not quality, but quantity. They'll use just about anyone to that end. I've seen it happen time and time again.

They're much like little children vying for the biggest team, no matter how incompetent it is. LOL!

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#123919 Apr 3, 2013
LMAO wrote:
LMAO
Who's humiliated?

I would think a coward like you would feel humiliated if you had any human feelings or integrity at all, but cowards have no conscience I guess.

No one has been hung out to dry. Crawl back under your rock, troll.

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#123920 Apr 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
It is you who is being selfish. I speak up for homosexuals for the same reason that I would speak up for the rights of your child and your wife.
I've seen Jaxxon do the same. The reality here is that you don't value his rights as a citizen to challenge the status quo, because he is homosexual and you don't agree with his lifestyle.
Now, who is being, selfish?
I am being selfish. I've seen how the right will take an issue like gay marriage and use the people's deeply held beliefs and the anonymity of the voting booth to gain control of the legislative, executive and judicial branches of government. If the court tells the feds that DOMA is unconstitutional then the republicans will gain control and amend the constitution and no state will issue a marriage license to same sex couples. The moral majority is good at getting their flock to the polls when they truly believe in the issue. They would prefer to cut federal benefits to everyone rather than to give anything to a homosexual.

Gun control, redistribution of wealth, Social medicine, taxpayer funded abortions and same sex marriage is going to send the liberal democrats away just as they get the economy under control and that good economy will not help them one little bit. Just ask Al Gore.

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#123921 Apr 3, 2013
GeeShayla wrote:
<quoted text>
"Luv Ya Man"
So Bonnie is a man....ROFLMAO Thanks for that info
que ball....LMAO
Hi Shayla!!!

So good to see you here.
H o r n e t P i n a t a

Canyon Country, CA

#123922 Apr 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
SEE above post!:)
and below!
;~)
FROM Page 5219 Post #123176
<quoted text>
;~)
No ad-libs please. When ALL of you post links and the headline, no ad-libs.
What? I don't make the rules! I know, but it makes for honest reporting......you know, just the facts. I apologize for insinuating that you lied. Should have chosen my words better. Maybe exaggerate would have been a better choice.
Pre-judgement no matter who the accused may be is bad. Even if I don't like the AB, or I do. We should wait til all the facts are in. It may turn out totally something different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court Immigration Ruling Leaves Million... 5 min serfs up 45
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 11 min Earl 9,762
News Undocumented entrepreneur faces uncertain fate 13 min Synque 26
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 15 min Earl 3,429
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 22 min ilovedesigirls 687
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 56 min Mikey 6,622
News Torn families of Cambodian refugees deported fr... 59 min HOLLA ISABELLA 4
More from around the web