The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“Je Suis Charlie”

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#123845 Apr 3, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the whole thing in a nutshell. If the state cannot say that two boys effing is wrong then the state cannot say that it's wrong for a 14 year old girl to marry a 50 year old man or a adult male cannot marry as many adult wives as he pleases. Pot smokers are people too and they aught to have the same right to carry weed as the American citizen who lives in Colorado. States that allow 14 year old farm kids a permit to drive the farm truck cannot deny 14 year old city dwellers from driving hot rods down the busy city streets where they live. Why should we force American citizens to wait until they are 21 years old to drink alcohol when we allow 16 year old's to consent to sex and get married legally? The gay marriage issue is not the only issue we have to consider when we tell the federal government that they cannot define something as traditional as marriage.
Some people are so caught up in their own little selfish world that they could care less about anything else. Every other civil right is silly and their issue is all that matters.
Anyone who disagrees is an idiot who has no effing clue what the hell they are talking about. Am I right?
Does this post actually make sense to you or are you just "butt sore" about the whole thing?

Serously dude, take a deep breath and let it go.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#123846 Apr 3, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a lying little punk.
You never posted any such thing. You're too stupid to think up anything original.
Hahahhahaha!
Go back to Troll Rehab , Dingbat! It`s there. Man your especially grouchy the last few days. LMAO!
Congress Matching Funds

Long Beach, CA

#123847 Apr 3, 2013
This should cover your annual Disability or SSI benefit.

President Obama to return $20,000 of salary to Treasury

Obama isn't the first president to give up part of his paycheck. Herbert Hoover put his salary in a separate account, then divvied it up, giving part to charity and part to employees he felt were underpaid, according to an interview he gave in 1937. John F. Kennedy donated his presidential salary to various charities, according to Stacey Chandler, an archivist at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/natio...

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#123848 Apr 3, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the whole thing in a nutshell. If the state cannot say that two boys effing is wrong then the state cannot say that it's wrong for a 14 year old girl to marry a 50 year old man or a adult male cannot marry as many adult wives as he pleases. Pot smokers are people too and they aught to have the same right to carry weed as the American citizen who lives in Colorado. States that allow 14 year old farm kids a permit to drive the farm truck cannot deny 14 year old city dwellers from driving hot rods down the busy city streets where they live. Why should we force American citizens to wait until they are 21 years old to drink alcohol when we allow 16 year old's to consent to sex and get married legally? The gay marriage issue is not the only issue we have to consider when we tell the federal government that they cannot define something as traditional as marriage.
Some people are so caught up in their own little selfish world that they could care less about anything else. Every other civil right is silly and their issue is all that matters.
Anyone who disagrees is an idiot who has no effing clue what the hell they are talking about. Am I right?
Ya know when my 19 year old son was home on leave I let him have s few brews with dad.. Ya know if you are old enough to die for this country you have a right to a drink..

Eagle
Quirky

Denver, CO

#123849 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
You are such a lying little punk.
You never posted any such thing. You're too stupid to think up anything original.
Hahahhahaha!
One can always tell when you been busted Rose. You start calling people liars. LMAO!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#123850 Apr 3, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats what their entire cause is about.. I can understand the right to visit someone in the ICU out of love.. But money has everything to do with their wants and desires.. Much like illegals wanting amnesty they are only into if for the money.. Nothing more..
Eagle
It's the entitlement culture rearing its ugly head again.

“Je Suis Charlie”

Level 6

Location hidden

#123851 Apr 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, the day I start making sense to American Lady, is the day I have to rethink what I'm posting. lol
LOL...I feel like I've followed Alice through the looking glass or something.

Not even sure how things got to this point.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Ocala, FL

#123852 Apr 3, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>It's the entitlement culture rearing its ugly head again.
YUP and you and I both know it..

Eagle
Back To You

Long Beach, CA

#123853 Apr 3, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
The point was that it's up to the individual states and they are separated from the church.

“Je Suis Charlie”

Level 6

Location hidden

#123854 Apr 3, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know when my 19 year old son was home on leave I let him have s few brews with dad.. Ya know if you are old enough to die for this country you have a right to a drink..
Eagle
Not legally, but the alcohol does explain a lot.

Not often you see someone admit to a crime on here, but hey...more power to ya.

Supplied any other intoxicants to teenagers lately?

I'm all ears.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Jose, CA

#123855 Apr 3, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course equal protections isn't just a gay thing, but since we are talking about same-sex marriage it would help if you tried to focus.
Polygamy is currently a violation of federal law (start with the Mann Act and the supreme court decision of 1879 to start) so no state has the right to sanction polygamous marriages which means if they do, no state is required to recognize that as a legal marriage.
If any of that changes then we can talk about polygamy, but as things stand right now it isn't an issue and it's not my prejudice, it's the law of the land.
Same with smoking pot.
I happen to favor legalization, but it is still against federal law and I've already explained that if a state says it is illegal for everyone to smoke pot then equal protections is not an issue.
The equal protections clause only comes into play when the state tries to deny a specific group of people rights that they have extended to everyone else.
Is this really too complicated for you or are you just this desperate to come up with any argument regardless of merit?
You seem to have a serious lack of comprehension of the legal issues at play here.
Smoke a big one, relax and try again.
I don't know what else to tell ya.
Good points, Jax.

It seems some people are trying very hard to lump same-sex marriage in with every other civil right and law on the books just to diminish the issue.

They simply can't get past the whole concept, so they would like it to disappear completely. That won't happen, but they'll continue to bellow about equal protection and try using this issue to make their case.

Polygamy, underage sex/marriage, legal drinking age, driving laws, etc. have nothing to do with same-sex marriage. They know it--it's grabbing at straws and intellectually dishonest.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

San Jose, CA

#123857 Apr 3, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
One can always tell when you been busted Rose. You start calling people liars. LMAO!
Nope, you didn't bust me on anything, Quirky.

You see, the truth is YOU are a liar, and you know it but you have no shame about lying. When people lie, I call them what they are--it's that simple.

You lied. You're a liar. And I wasn't busted.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#123858 Apr 3, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amusing to me. These people fear "pandora's box" but I have no doubt if it was their rights or someone close to them they would be all for challenging the norm. The right, has always been a vehicle of hypocrisy, always ready to judge everyone but themselves.

It's like they have no faith that Americans are capable of seeing the difference between two consenting adults marrying and man and a animal or whatever scenario they choose to use in an attempt to bring fear into the equation.

The way I see it, when a citizen's rights are at issue, we all should stand up and make sure we are doing the right thing by them even if it means challenging an age old institution.

See, the gay community is just not important to them. In their eyes, they are second class citizens not worthy of challenging their beloved institutions.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#123859 Apr 3, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Or those people are actually lying. Like you do, constantly.

You do realize that don't you Q? That you lie about Rose, and others constantly?

Do you honestly think people don't see it?

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Ocala, FL

#123860 Apr 3, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not legally, but the alcohol does explain a lot.
Not often you see someone admit to a crime on here, but hey...more power to ya.
Supplied any other intoxicants to teenagers lately?
I'm all ears.
I don't need to lie jax but I do believe you did and continue your lie.. Tell me if our son lived would you have married the mother?? Not that I believe you ever slept with a woman.. But answer the question..

Eagle
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#123861 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! It's one of those morons for sure. Could be her buddy Ferrell too. He's always lurking.
Bait Rose? LOL. I got through my time here with out posting one curse word. It's not hard unless YOU'RE just plain nasty to the bone???? P.S I know "moron" is not a curse word.LOL.

“Je Suis Charlie”

Level 6

Location hidden

#123862 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Good points, Jax.
It seems some people are trying very hard to lump same-sex marriage in with every other civil right and law on the books just to diminish the issue.
They simply can't get past the whole concept, so they would like it to disappear completely. That won't happen, but they'll continue to bellow about equal protection and try using this issue to make their case.
Polygamy, underage sex/marriage, legal drinking age, driving laws, etc. have nothing to do with same-sex marriage. They know it--it's grabbing at straws and intellectually dishonest.
I honestly don't know what to say anymore.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#123863 Apr 3, 2013
Bye Q. Lady and P.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#123864 Apr 3, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of your traits Jackie. One that many are disgusted at you over. You throw these type of comments out there to open your self up to ridicule and hope people will make jokes about your gayness. OK I`ll bite. Guess what your little fantasy is the fact that you are actually Alice. So there ya go.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#123865 Apr 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Not at all, we all do. I'm merely pointing out that those you "Choose" to support are racists and ignorant. This makes you either sympathetic to their racism or ignorant yourself, maybe both.
<quoted text>
You told lies here about yourself to deceive others not once, not twice, but many times. You're dishonest Posit, and not everyone is that.
<quoted text>
Il mio italiano sempre meglio....try not to be such a stick in the mud.
Then try not to be a bucket of mud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another Bush Will Soon Be In Elected Office 3 hr -Sprocket- 62
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr NuRidersoftheePur... 137,369
The Smart Way to Stop Illegal Immigration 6 hr Quirky 4
Immigration Reform That Doesn't 'Turn Off The M... 6 hr wild child 8
Boise Immigration Rally Draws Hundreds, Call fo... (May '13) 8 hr Who Guessed It 69
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 9 hr barefoot2626 1,635
Protesters interrupt Perry, Christie at 2016 GO... 10 hr Who Guessed it 21
More from around the web